Welcome To WDW 1970's/ 80's and 90's

I am so loving this thread.

Back in the 70s we had about the biggest pickup camper you could get. We were a family of 6 with friends we would have 8 people traveling. Usually Mon and dad would be in the cab and all us kids were in the camper. My favorite spot was in the overhead bed looking out front with the window open.  We would have been goners for sure if there was a Hwy accident. I know I spent 1000s of miles ridding in the back. We were lucky but back then people didn't think the worst would happen.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have an awesome thread going here, Todd. I got to see that balloon in action flying over Bay Lake in 1994. I haven't seen it since. It was called Earship 1 or something like that . I wonder what

Posted Images

I am so loving this thread.

Back in the 70s we had about the biggest pickup camper you could get. We were a family of 6 with friends we would have 8 people traveling. Usually Mon and dad would be in the cab and all us kids were in the camper. My favorite spot was in the overhead bed looking out front with the window open.  We would have been goners for sure if there was a Hwy accident. I know I spent 1000s of miles ridding in the back. We were lucky but back then people didn't think the worst would happen.

I think I've told this story before, but my first trip to the Fort for Christmas 1977 we rode from Buffalo, NY to Florida in the back of my Dad's F-250.  It had a cap on it....big deal, fiberglass.  LOL>  The only protection I had was a bean bag chair.  Didn't seem at all unusual at the time, though. 

I think I've told this story before, but my first trip to the Fort for Christmas 1977 we rode from Buffalo, NY to Florida in the back of my Dad's F-250.  It had a cap on it....big deal, fiberglass.  LOL>  The only protection I had was a bean bag chair.  Didn't seem at all unusual at the time, though. 

Man that had to be a cold start.

That reminds me of growing up in Wisconsin. Going up for hunting season to the cabin riding in the back of the pick up truck with the dog in 10-20 degree temps. Man was that awesome or what?

Yeah as a kid I rode in the back of my dads truck to but only around town. Our first trip to Florida was in1979 in a 1977 Ford Econline van with a TV and pong. As the years went buy we got a VCR and a Nintendo.

Sorry TCD it is the Long building to the left

Yes, I think that is it.

This one, circled in orange:

roundhouse3_zpsfaf704a4.jpg

You can see it with Bing street view.  They added and awning, but the doors and roof line match up:

roundhouse2_zps64df77e9.jpg

It looks like the building I originally circled is part of the Four Seasons deal, and is no longer owned by Disney, but the old Round House building stayed.  Here's an aerial that shows the boundary of what was sold:

OspreyRidgeAerialpurpleline_zps374c14e9.

TCD

Yes, I think that is it.

This one, circled in orange:

roundhouse3_zpsfaf704a4.jpg

You can see it with Bing street view.  They added and awning, but the doors and roof line match up:

roundhouse2_zps64df77e9.jpg

It looks like the building I originally circled is part of the Four Seasons deal, and is no longer owned by Disney, but the old Round House building stayed.  Here's an aerial that shows the boundary of what was sold:

OspreyRidgeAerialpurpleline_zps374c14e9.

TCD

Wow I didn't realize they sold land on our side of the cannel. Also guess I never realized the cannel made that sweeping turn either. Well now I has been further edumacatded. thank you

Wow I didn't realize they sold land on our side of the cannel. Also guess I never realized the cannel made that sweeping turn either. Well now I has been further edumacatded. thank you

Until last week, I didn't realize that land on the Fort side of the canal was part of the Four Seasons deal either.

But, we had a thread on it here:  http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/10583-opsrey-ridge-golf-course-closing-will-become-part-of-four-seasons-resort/

TCD