The Amish and the not so Amish 12th Anniversary TR

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what a fun trip! Ironhorse looks amazing :) My parents went to Cleveland a few years ago to see the Christmas Story house and they didn't take me, bastards meanies. they got to meet Randy. For an extr

Stef, you're on your "A" game with this post. Ok Aaron, anniversary, no kids, long weekend getaway, Amish country, did I mention no kids. Which one of these things doesn't fit.

Um..not to be indelicate, Lou, but just what do you think the Amish do in the evenings after the sun goes down, with no electric lights, no TV, no internet or FF.net? Sounds very anniversary like to

Great job, Aaron!

I like how you went to the Welshfield in twice in one day. The food looked great both times.

I wish you had gone to the Ironhorse at least one of those times. I am dying to know if they have anything other than pork cubes.

Thanks for posting this report.

And, Happy Anniversary.

TCD

Thanks TCD! We like to stick with what we know is good and well the other choice was pork cubes served by a waitress with the devil tattoo.

Very nice trip report!!! Looks like a great time ya'll had together!!!

Thanks Carol. We had a great time!

Great TR! Yes, the food at the Welshfield did look good.

Thanks Gwen. I would recommend the Welshfield.

it's can't be over yet... go back! head that sign that says whoa! I need more food pics (I am starting to sound like Dave)

Never mind. Great TR! Congrats on the Anniversary!!

Thanks Nicki!

I am not saying we will never go back but we like to change it up a little. We are talking Boston or New York for the 13th anniversary but we are open to suggestions.

Wow Aaron...this is one Yoder of a trip report. I've been loving every update...especially the food pics of course. And the thing is, just when you think you've found something that you want to eat, the next picture outdoes the last! For instance, I was ready to hop a plane to Cleveland to try that Saved by the Burger, cause it just about made my mouth water. But then, right before I clicked "Purchase" on the Southwest web site, I came upon THIS.

9ba04378.jpg

You, sir, have just taken the #1, Most Awesomest, Mouth Water Inducing Picture in the history of Fort Fiends! That just about looks like perfection to me.

:heart:

Wow Aaron...this is one Yoder of a trip report. I've been loving every update...especially the food pics of course. And the thing is, just when you think you've found something that you want to eat, the next picture outdoes the last! For instance, I was ready to hop a plane to Cleveland to try that Saved by the Burger, cause it just about made my mouth water. But then, right before I clicked "Purchase" on the Southwest web site, I came upon THIS.

You, sir, have just taken the #1, Most Awesomest, Mouth Water Inducing Picture in the history of Fort Fiends! That just about looks like perfection to me.

:heart:

That is high praise from the Pood Forn Guru! Thanks Dave! I hope Anna and the rest of the family are doing well sir!

Happy Anniversary, thanks for sharing, loved your report. I have lived in Ohio all of my life and never been to Cleveland….didn’t think there was a reason to go. Now I have to go....and see the Christmas Story house. Love that movie!

You should definitely go Brenda! It was a lot of fun. Just walking around by the lake and seeing all the monuments and stadiums was fun too. The Rock n Roll Hall of Fame is by the Browns Stadium too, but that was not on our to do list.

I loved the whole report. Thanks for taking us along!

You are very welcome. It was my pleasure!

Great trip report, Aaron. Not in a million years would I have thought an Anniversary trip to Amish country could be fun. You made it look like a blast!

It really was fun. We like to try new places and explore a bit. Sometimes you happen upon hidden gems by accident, Ironhorse not included.

Next year NYC or Boston maybe. We have been to NYC before but we want to see Freedom Tower and 9-11 memorial. I would like to see new Yankee Stadium too.

I haven't been to Boston since I was a little kid and would love to do the Freedom Trail tour, see the Old North Church, the Lexington Green, Concord, etc. I am also dying to see Fenway Park.

We have also discussed the possibility of Williamsburg, VA with side trips to Jamestown and Yorktown........I think this trip or Savannah, GA would be next on DW's list........but they are much further south and our anniversary is July 29th so..................

Sorry it took me until now to come back to your report. We started camping yesterday and haven't been on line much. Yes, we are now expecting rain this weekend. LOL

It sounds like you and your darling wife made some great memories. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Aaron, with seven years in the Plymouth Fife & Drum Corps, our family has visited many unique places. USS Yorktown is neat, Boston is filled with history, NYC is exciting...

If you ever get the chance, I recommend stopping by the Flight 93 memorial too.

Sorry it took me until now to come back to your report. We started camping yesterday and haven't been on line much. Yes, we are now expecting rain this weekend. LOL

It sounds like you and your darling wife made some great memories. Thank you for sharing your journey with us.

Sorry about the rain. It's funny we haven't had rain all summer and when we left for this trip it started pouring when we got to Ann Arbor and didn't stop until we got a ways into Ohio. Apparently it was not raining at home accoring to my SIL though.

It was a great time with DW! Enjoy your camping weekend Annie!

Aaron, with seven years in the Plymouth Fife & Drum Corps, our family has visited many unique places. USS Yorktown is neat, Boston is filled with history, NYC is exciting...

If you ever get the chance, I recommend stopping by the Flight 93 memorial too.

My SIL is in the Army Fife and Drum Corps based at Fort Myer. They do all the big ticket events like the inaugerations, state visits, etc.............amongst other things. Pretty cool stuff. They where the old Revolutionary War garb.

I would definitely like to visit the Flight 93 memorial also....good call.

I hope you, your dad, and your DH are doing well Deb.

Thanks, Aaron. My dad is being admitted with a bacterial infection and a close watch in his liver.

My DH is back to work with restrictions but definitely feeling WAY better...

Flight 93 sight will take your breath. It was my daughter's senior year tour. Watching her stand in silent salute as a memorial wreath was placed at the crash site will forever be imbedded in my head. Watching her hug a member of a victim's family right after will stay in my heart forever...

Thanks, Aaron. My dad is being admitted with a bacterial infection and a close watch in his liver.

My DH is back to work with restrictions but definitely feeling WAY better...

Flight 93 sight will take your breath. It was my daughter's senior year tour. Watching her stand in silent salute as a memorial wreath was placed at the crash site will forever be imbedded in my head. Watching her hug a member of a victim's family right after will stay in my heart forever...

I am glad your DH is doing much better.

I will be praying for your dad.

That is a touching story about your daughter at the memorial. I can see how that would be something you would remember forever.

I remember standing next to the pit at Ground Zero and how that made me feel. I will never forget it. I have not been to the Pentagon memorial yet either but it is first on my list of things to do next time I am visiting my brother in DC.

Dave took the words right out of my mouth! That sandwich looks like it would be "to die for!" :)

Really enjoyed your trip report and am looking forward to meeting y'all one day!

Thanks Rita! It was my pleasure. I am looking forward to looping your direction one day too!

I just caught up! That was a great report. Thanks for taking us on your anniversary weekend.

(I feel like such a voyeur :)) )

I am glad you enjoyed it Stef! You are most welcome!

• 5 months later...

what a fun trip! Ironhorse looks amazing :)

My parents went to Cleveland a few years ago to see the Christmas Story house and they didn't take me, bastards meanies. they got to meet Randy. For an extra fee you could have dinner with him at a Chinese restaurant. Apparently, Ralphie is the only one who has not been there.

I can't believe I missed this when it was originally posted. This is a great report. Your reporting and the comments from others had me laughing so hard I had tears coming out of my eyes.

Oh and I did watch Saved by Bell. I don't remember the College Years though.

Being new to the daily checking of this board. I'm just reading this. How cool.

We live near the Holmes County Amish and I have eaten at the Welshfield Inn numerous times, my Alma mater is just down the corner.

Fun reading your trip report. If I keep connecting with these trip reports I may just forget that whole wolverine thing