Pirates of the Tennessean - Dave and INC's Dream Cruise!

Thanks for the info about the photos. It sounds like it is organized better than it used to be. But, it is still an aggravating thing. The biggest farce is how DCL likes to talk about how sensitive they are to environmental issues, yet they allow hundreds of photos to be printed on each cruise that are going to end up in the trash. So wasteful. This isn't just a DCL thing, it has been like that on every cruise line we have been on.

It is interesting that you felt those vibrations. Our friends Frank and Nancy complained of them too. They were on Deck 6 aft. So you get a fancy showerhead, but you also can't sleep in your cabin if the ship is moving too fast. I'm glad you liked the showerhead.

That is such a bummer about the camera! The way you told the story, I am thinking that there will be a happy ending, but I can understand how bad you must have felt when you realized it was gone.

We never once tried Enchanted Garden or any other restaurant for breakfast. Cabanas had several big serving dishes full of bacon every day. There was no reason for me to go elsewhere. I am glad to know I didn't miss anything.

TCD

ETA- I was writing this as Dave was typing and posting the resolution to the mystery. I am glad the camera was found!

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, just book an aft stateroom. Vibrations are included in your room rate.

Congrats on the funnel vision. I agree with the girls. Rotisserie Chickens or maybe rotisserie monkeys? The monkeys do not have heads. Can't wait for the rest of your trips.

Ok, some of you asked for Gwen's Adventure Planking video, so here it is. If you have 5 minutes to spare it might give you a chuckle. In particular, pay attention at around 4:10 of the video. If yo

Thanks for the info about the photos. It sounds like it is organized better than it used to be. But, it is still an aggravating thing. The biggest farce is how DCL likes to talk about how sensitive they are to environmental issues, yet they allow hundreds of photos to be printed on each cruise that are going to end up in the trash. So wasteful. This isn't just a DCL thing, it has been like that on every cruise line we have been on.

It is interesting that you felt those vibrations. Our friends Frank and Nancy complained of them too. They were on Deck 6 aft. So you get a fancy showerhead, but you also can't sleep in your cabin if the ship is moving too fast. I'm glad you liked the showerhead.

Meow!

Especially when we are well fed, lay off the Scotch/Beer, and try not to count to much

Yup, I'd say we are pretty bright as in pretty well lit.

Yep, and I plan on being pretty bright tonight, and especially next weekend at Defeated Creek.

Yep, and I plan on being pretty bright tonight, and especially next weekend at Defeated Creek.

REally? Who'd a thunk?

Guess I will check out those nice big bright lights at the Fort they are installing.....Research that is.....

Meow!

Hey now, you started it with all that bragging about what a great showerhead you had!

I failed to mention that every time Frank and Nancy complained about the horrible vibrations that woke them up, we felt nothing in our nice Forward cabins. Nothing. In fact, we had to look out the porthole sometimes just to see if we were moving, because we could not feel any sensation of the ship moving, And no vibrations or engine noises. Ever.

So you got a nice showerhead.

We got to sleep in our cabin.

Sounds like a fair deal to me.

TCD

I failed to mention that every time Frank and Nancy complained about the horrible vibrations that woke them up, we felt nothing in our nice Forward cabins. Nothing. In fact, we had to look out the porthole sometimes just to see if we were moving, because we could not feel any sensation of the ship moving, And no vibrations or engine noises. Ever.

Did they have issues on more than one occasion? We only felt it the first night. I wonder what causes it? And I wonder why, in the 21st century, they can't build a ship where that is engineered away?

Did they have issues on more than one occasion? We only felt it the first night. I wonder what causes it? And I wonder why, in the 21st century, they can't build a ship where that is engineered away?

Yes, they did. I know once was the first night, and the second time may have been on our second visit to Castaway Cay. All kidding aside, it was strange, because we did not hear or feel anything in our cabins.

I have heard others complain of engine noise and vibrations in the aft cabins. It is strange to me that it can be felt way up on deck 6 and 7, but apparently this is a dirty little secret that DCL denies.

TCD

Yes, they did. I know once was the first night, and the second time may have been on our second visit to Castaway Cay. All kidding aside, it was strange, because we did not hear or feel anything in our cabins.

I have heard others complain of engine noise and vibrations in the aft cabins. It is strange to me that it can be felt way up on deck 6 and 7, but apparently this is a dirty little secret that DCL denies.

TCD

I am glad we only felt it on the first night. If I ever do another cruise, I will be booking mid ship or forward. I know of some people that will ONLY book aft staterooms...in fact on the Dream and Fantasy some of the aft verandah's are HUGE! But if they vibrate then it's not worth it to me.

So, all you people considering booking a cruise on the Dream or Fantasy. Unless you like vibrating (please, no comments from Stef), do not book an aft cabin.

I can now add vibrating to the sales pitch to Tony....Crab legs, No icebergs, vibrating......

Sounds like you are on your way to convincing Tony to do a cruise. I'm sure by the time I'm done here we can come up with more excellent reasons.

Zombie need Micky brains!!!

Zombie2.jpg

You are one disturbed man.

This looks soooooooooo good!!! I love prime rib!!!

DSCN0228.JPG

Ok, you've redeemed yourself.

Except at a campground early in the morning or late at night :)

That is true!

OMG I finally caught up!! Firstly, I missed the part that you actually told everyone where you were going.. did you document that? Were they crazy surprised??

Love that Izzy ate all that food, she is so little, I know it warms your heart to see them chow down..lol

Anna, Anna, Anna, .. she couldn't possibly be any stinking cuter.. For the record, I'd probaly wet my pants to I'd be so silly excited about being on the Dream, probably one reason Dave in AL refuses to take me..

INC, Looks FABULOUS, Happy Belated Birthday!!

The vibrations would have freaked me out a little I think, very odd.

I simply adore the video Gwen put together, it's precious how she interacts with Stella, I'm sure they have their moments but they obvisouly love each other dearly (most days)

how did you get reservations with Bell in Jan? I have been trying for weeks to get ANY time ANY day at New Years with no love..

ready for more please :)

OMG I finally caught up!! Firstly, I missed the part that you actually told everyone where you were going.. did you document that? Were they crazy surprised?? I do have one video that is basically a minute and a half of the kids staring at us in disbelief. Not very interesting.

Love that Izzy ate all that food, she is so little, I know it warms your heart to see them chow down..lol

Anna, Anna, Anna, .. she couldn't possibly be any stinking cuter.. For the record, I'd probaly wet my pants to I'd be so silly excited about being on the Dream, probably one reason Dave in AL refuses to take me.. LOL!

INC, Looks FABULOUS, Happy Belated Birthday!! She does look incredible, doesn't she? :drool1:

The vibrations would have freaked me out a little I think, very odd.

I simply adore the video Gwen put together, it's precious how she interacts with Stella, I'm sure they have their moments but they obvisouly love each other dearly (most days) They are so tight. I love it. Although all the video taping is turning Stella into a diva.

how did you get reservations with Bell in Jan? I have been trying for weeks to get ANY time ANY day at New Years with no love.. I got through on the phones late on the first day that reservations opened up. Now...I think I will likely cancel, as the menu looks a bit fancy schmancy for me. If it were included like the meals on the cruise, by all means. But i don't think I'll want to pay through the nose to eat that food.

ready for more please :)

Just a couple of random thoughts...

Next weekend can't get here soon enough! I can't wait to see you guys! :heartsmiley:

I'm thinking about canceling our December Fort reservations and saving the $ for a Disney cruise.

I wasn't the first bit hungry when I sat down to read this but now I'M STARVING TO DEATH! ???

Just a couple of random thoughts...

Next weekend can't get here soon enough! I can't wait to see you guys! :heartsmiley:

I'm thinking about canceling our December Fort reservations and saving the $ for a Disney cruise.

I wasn't the first bit hungry when I sat down to read this but now I'M STARVING TO DEATH! ???

I know! Next weekend will be awesome!!! When do you expect you might arrive?

And don't worry about being hungry....Defeated Creek will take care of that!

I know! Next weekend will be awesome!!! When do you expect you might arrive?

And don't worry about being hungry....Defeated Creek will take care of that!

I want to leave fairly early since it's about a 2 hour drive. That way by the time I get there Bob will just be coming to life...maybe. :rofl2:

Yes. Of course! Campgrounds don't count! ( I can be found in my jammies at a CG. Too many fiends have seen me so I won't try to deny it.) ;D

I am anti-adults in jammies at Bi-Lo or Wal Mart though. (Yes DAve... kiddos going for ice cream in their jammies is not only acceptable... It is AWESOME!)

Dave, very genius buying those pro photos to take care of the grandparents Christmas gifts! They were fantastic and well worth whatever you paid.

YOu already know I love this TR so I'll spare all of the Oooohhhhh's and Ahhhhhh's and just say... :heart:

Yes. Of course! Campgrounds don't count! ( I can be found in my jammies at a CG. Too many fiends have seen me so I won't try to deny it.) ;D

I am anti-adults in jammies at Bi-Lo or Wal Mart though. (Yes DAve... kiddos going for ice cream in their jammies is not only acceptable... It is AWESOME!)

Dave, very genius buying those pro photos to take care of the grandparents Christmas gifts! They were fantastic and well worth whatever you paid.

YOu already know I love this TR so I'll spare all of the Oooohhhhh's and Ahhhhhh's and just say... :heart:

I'm so glad y'all approve of jammies in a CG. It seems I spend as much time in jammies as I do in "real clothes" when camping with Grammy.

Now PLEASE tell me it's okay to check the mail in jammies...I have a mailbox...I'm not going to the post office. ;)

I'm so glad y'all approve of jammies in a CG. It seems I spend as much time in jammies as I do in "real clothes" when camping with Grammy.

Now PLEASE tell me it's okay to check the mail in jammies...I have a mailbox...I'm not going to the post office. ;)

It's only natural that the Beast would go out in jammies. I see no issues. Carry on.

The food looks fabulous! So, Enchanted Garden and Cabanas are both open for breakfast and lunch? Why do you think folks will choose one over the other?

I'm impressed with Izzy's adventurous eating! Maybe I will be able to do that, too. We used to go to this Chinese/Thai/Japanese/Korean buffet a lot and I used to play "Fear Factor" with some of the more crazy looking stuff! I'm a dork, I know.

So glad you found your camera! And I agree that your pics are money well spent! You just never know when you'll get such great pics of EVERYONE at the same time again! Plus, it is a special time you will want to remember with the family! Wonder why they make all the prints before they know if anyone will even buy them?

Looking forward to more!