Pirates of the Tennessean - Dave and INC's Dream Cruise!

• Replies 600
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, just book an aft stateroom. Vibrations are included in your room rate.

Congrats on the funnel vision. I agree with the girls. Rotisserie Chickens or maybe rotisserie monkeys? The monkeys do not have heads. Can't wait for the rest of your trips.

Ok, some of you asked for Gwen's Adventure Planking video, so here it is. If you have 5 minutes to spare it might give you a chuckle. In particular, pay attention at around 4:10 of the video. If yo

I really did fiddle with the shower controls trying to figure out a way to make water come out of what I later figured out was the fan.

TCD

I suddenly had a vision of TCD, stark naked, trying to figure out the shower controls. I may never recover. :))

I'm still enjoying your report Dave, but I would appreciate it if you would not use the term "squatty" again. :nyd:

I suddenly had a vision of TCD, stark naked, trying to figure out the shower controls. I may never recover. :))

I'm still enjoying your report Dave, but I would appreciate it if you would not use the term "squatty" again. :nyd:

don't read Pam's TR... their was a lot of squat going on over there

Thanks. I never made it in to Frank's shower, so I didn't know what that showerhead looked like.

You see that little white thing there to the left? That's all I had in my shower-it's just a fan (it took me a while to figure that out).

The showers in the regular cabins are much smaller than this one and aren't round. Not freaking awesome at all.

TCD

We didn't have one of them fancy showerheads in our mega size accessible cabin either.

I would hope not! Not sure Nancy would like that too much.

Did Frank invite you?

Well, no, he didn't.

Neither did Nancy.

TCD

Their's was a family cruise.. I am sure THAT wasn't on the list of fun

I had no idea the showers would be such a fascinating point of interest. I should have taken pictures of them. Unoccupied, of course.

Cought up....love the door decorations! You have a beautiful family.

Thanks Brenda!

And here I thought you'd be most upset about my planking comment. LOL.

Loving the TR. And Gwen's video is great! Gotta check out FB to see the other video.

I posted it there a short time ago. Hope you enjoy it!

don't read Pam's TR... their was a lot of squat going on over there

Poor Pam. I still feel bad about that. She has every right to come over here and squat in my TR.

The planking video was cool! Never seen one before. Now I'm gonna want to have a shower like that one when I go, lol!

The shower really was quite nice!

Time for the Sailing Away Party!!!!

We made our way up to Deck 12, which looks down upon the pools and stage on Deck 11 and also has railings all around to look at the ocean below. It was a good spot to watch the sail away party and enjoy the view as we left port.

INC and I wanted something cold and tropical to drink, so we bought a couple of these drinks. They were pretty good, but I have trouble with brain freeze and these were not ideal in that regard.

DSCN0158.JPG

But now we have two DCL commemorative plastic glasses to take up space in the cupboard above our refrigerator. They will be good company for our light up mugs from Lake Winnie, the commemorative drink cup from Holiday World, our old Disney refillable mugs and my set of Ross Perot For President beer can koozies.

This is the view looking down on the party deck.

DSCN0159.JPG

DSCN0160.JPG

That big screen there is called Funnelvision. I guess because it is mounted on the forward funnel of the ship. Until this cruise, I thought those were called smoke stacks. When I heard the Dream had Funnel Vision I assumed it had something to do with Funnel Cakes. That was not the case. But this was pretty cool nonetheless, and they were almost always using it for something or other...like showing movies and broadcasting during the parties.

In this next picture, on the right you can see the slide. I was pretty excited to try it, but ticked off when I learned it was only for children. Why build a cool slide that only kids can use?

DSCN0161.JPG

Another cool shot of the Funnel Vision.

DSCN0162.JPG

You may remember in TCD's Dream trip report that he was able to get on the Funnel Vision. I tried on this trip to do so. Did I succeed? You'll have to stay tuned for that.

Here are some shots of the dancers on stage.

DSCN0163.JPG

DSCN0164.JPG

The stage shows on Deck 11 were very much like the shows in front of Cindy's Castle at the MK. I thought they were all well done.

Here's a shot of Anna and I getting photo bombed by Grampa Muenster.

DSCN0165.JPG

Gwen and Stella checking out the festivities.

DSCN0167.JPG

There in the distance is the vehicle assembly building at Cape Canaveral. If you missed it, be sure to check out lklasing's recent Dream trip report where they visited NASA and toured the facilities. Very interesting!

DSCN0168.JPG

Just before setting sail, the ship's horn blew, playing an assortment of Disney songs. That part was priceless and awe inspiring. The horn is quite loud and hearing it play it's a small world brought a tear to the eye.

After the festivities, we began pulling out of port and headed out the channel to the Atlantic. Here is a view of the folks at Jetty Park waving to the ships as they left port.

DSCN0169.JPG

DSCN0170.JPG

There are the ships that left ahead of us.

DSCN0171.JPG

DSCN0172.JPG

The last bit of land to clear before we are in open waters!!

DSCN0173.JPG

And with that, we had finally left Port Canaveral and were out in the beautiful, blue Atlantic Ocean!!! The next stop in our itinerary was Nassau, but first we had our first evening onboard to enjoy, including our scheduled dinner at Royal Palace and our first show, The Golden Mickeys!

Coming up...

Just before setting sail, the ship's horn blew, playing an assortment of Disney songs. That part was priceless and awe inspiring. The horn is quite loud and hearing it play it's a small world brought a tear to the eye.

I guess a tear to the eye is better than gas and an Ohanna! :clint:

Great stuff, Dave!

I can't believe what nice weather you ended up having for the sail away after all the worries from Hurricane Issac.

This photo brought a huge smile to my face:

DSCN0165.JPG

All this time, I have been thinking that Grandpa Munster was dead, and yet there he is looking very much alive.

Just kidding. I mean that's a great photo of you and Anna. Great!

I was wondering what dining rotation you had. Royal Palace is good. I can't wait to hear what everyone had for dinner. I'll bet someone tried the wild boar.

TCD

Although I am still thinking about filing a grievance about the validity of your man card and mad at you that you made my job as husband harder. I am still extremely jealous and enjoying the pics of how happy you and your family are during the journey.

Where did you get the door magnets?

I guess a tear to the eye is better than gas and an Ohanna! :clint:

True, even if brought on by small world. Would Lou agree with that? Too bad he doesn't read TR's.

Love the "Anna in a porthole" photo! ADORABLE!

Great job on the magnetic door decor. *thumbsup*!

Again I laughed... brainfreeze.. hahahahah! Did you have to apply pressure to that spot between your eyes? ;D I think I need some sleep this really shouldn't be as funny to me as it is...

You do need some sleep, Kim. One of those brain freeze drinks might help with that.

I love sail away, and fruity drinks and parties. I guess I just love cruising!

I never thought I'd be into it, but it sure was fun!

Great stuff, Dave!

I can't believe what nice weather you ended up having for the sail away after all the worries from Hurricane Issac.

This photo brought a huge smile to my face:

DSCN0165.JPG

All this time, I have been thinking that Grandpa Munster was dead, and yet there he is looking very much alive.

Just kidding. I mean that's a great photo of you and Anna. Great!

I was wondering what dining rotation you had. Royal Palace is good. I can't wait to hear what everyone had for dinner. I'll bet someone tried the wild boar.

TCD

You may be disappointed with our first night choices. We didn't get too adventurous with the entrees. I think I did better in subsequent nights.

Although I am still thinking about filing a grievance about the validity of your man card and mad at you that you made my job as husband harder. I am still extremely jealous and enjoying the pics of how happy you and your family are during the journey.

Where did you get the door magnets?

Thanks Bill. I think.

I found templates online through a Google search and then just customized them with a Disney font, and printed them on card stock. I used peel and stick magnets from Walmart to hang them on the metal cabin doors.

Loved both of Gwen's videos!

I love the way her and Stella interact with each other. It is like they are twins just born years apart from each other.

You are so perceptive! Those two, despite being 8 years apart, are very tight.

Great trip report. Gwen did a fantastic job on both videos. We just had a plain old tub and shower in our room. Now you have DH jealous of your shower. All these cruising trip reports makes me want to go again. Can't wait to read more.

I had no idea we had a special shower. I should have enjoyed it even more.

The whole trying to turn the shower vent on (aka the the second shower head) made me laugh so hard. I would TOTALLY do this.

No you wouldn't. You are being too kind to TCD. He is the only one who would do that.

Wow I'm way late but I'm here now, this is great as we are thinking on doing a Cruise. never done one your family and TR make it look awsome.

It was a trip report that sucked me into it...so it would be fitting if my report did the same to someone else.

This working during the day really interferes with my not reading TRs thing.

Looks like fun was being had by all so far.

I'm honored that you showed up. Really, I am.

Yay! You're on board and on the water! I absolutely love both Gwens videos too - she did such a great job! Can't wait for the next installment!

(Thanks for the TR shout out! Though, it could never hold a candle to this one. :) )

I would never say that your trip reports can't hold a candle to anyones. They are epic. Rhino faces and all.