Do You Remember Your First Time?

I'm enjoying reliving our time together through your eyes. I didn't realize that you got a picture of us when you went by on the boat. No wonder we didn't see you... We were gazing in the other direction. I really wish I was there right now instead of at a campground in southern Illinois. It's 47° outside right now, but there is a canal behind our site, so we are having a camping party inside and pretending that we are at the fort. ;)

Just so I'm clear, it was the guest who caught the perp, right?

I would be surprised if the inept/ancient/useless Fort Security Guards did.

TCD

I'm not sure how it all started. Maybe Lisa can chime in when she gets back, with more detail.

My guess would be the Fort was involved in the nabbing as the bike owner was an older gentleman that I couldn't picture running/riding beside the canal.

The guy's son chased him down in his cart and then on foot. We were at the dog park when it was going on, but we didn't realize it was him until we came by later and talked to the father. The jewelery was stolen from the store.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn it Toddly, I do not smell like cigs only cigars. And I don't have a fire. Plus I'm not one dimensional, hell just look at those pic, I am definately 3D. I enjoy beer, punch, jello (whcih is go

I just want to add, that Bush has plenty of X chromosomes. I bet in perspective it now looks like the fake palm on Castaway Cay compared to its neighbors. And glad there were no standouts by the PoP

Sad to say but your site was filled with new people in less than a couple hours :'(. Wish you could have stayed longer! Great TR...waiting for the rest of the story! Amber's little Princess is stiff c

It was beyond awesome meeting you all down there!! And I'm barely over 5 feet tall, but I'm going to make sure all future photos of me include you Stef cause I look positively lanky in that picture of us!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Finally caught up...ha! that crook is in trouble now...stealing from the mouse...what was he thinking?

When I'm walking around any camp ground I'm amazed that so much stuff is left out for the picking up by thieves.

But thought, same as you, campers don't do that to each other.

Well, hope this non-camper spends time with the state.

Lots of time!!

I can't freakin believe I cancelled our trip and missed all this crap! This is killing me! Nothing ever happens when I go!

Maybe I should have titled this The Slackers Report.

Sorry to those reading along. I have some "things" going on that have kept me away from FF.

No, not good things. :blowup:

I have a bit of time today so I'm going to try to move it along and close this out.

I'm in, but just, will hit page 2 tonight ... now work calls, rather stay home and read.

Baby adorable, good fix on seats and yes boys are soooo lucky.

Thanks Gretchen. I always hope to see you trotting down the road with munchkins when I'm at the Fort. ^-^

It was beyond awesome meeting you all down there!! And I'm barely over 5 feet tall, but I'm going to make sure all future photos of me include you Stef cause I look positively lanky in that picture of us!!!

Like I've not heard that before! You do look much taller than me, maybe I'm shrinking? God help me.

Great updates! Football, shots, beers, missing keys, drunk texting.....sounds like college.

Thanks Aaron.

You just reminded me of a tweet I read the other day.

Don't take life seriously. It's not permanent.

So true. I try to have as much fun as possible!

In my best Kimmie voice "Shew Lawdy!!"

Hey Judy! Yep, that about sums up all of my vacations. Unfortunately, now I'm back to the real world, which sucks sometimes.

Thanks for reading.

I can't freakin believe I cancelled our trip and missed all this crap! This is killing me! Nothing ever happens when I go!

I was bummed that you had to cancel too. Trouble seems to follow me wherever I go.

I'll just say that all of you ain't right. Every, last, one of you. Bonkers.

Thanks Dave, I'll take that as a compliment. Being "right" is so boring. :)

Thursday morning we wake up with plans to hit the CM preview of F&W, that afternoon.

I took this picture for TCD. "Sunrise over 5 time champ"

FortSept2012215.jpg

I needed to do some shopping at the Settlement. Why you ask? My backpack that I planned on bringing into Epcot looked like this.

FortSept2012313.jpg

I washed it right before the trip, but I had taken it to the mudhole and this is what phosphate does to your bags and/or clothes.

No way was I taking that in to be searched!

On our favorite trail.

FortSept2012216.jpg

I replaced my backpack with Minnie.

FortSept2012233.jpg

And bought this for Amber's baby.

FortSept2012315.jpg

I forgot to mention earlier that the grass was extremely long all over the Fort. Very shabby.

On our way to the dog park, they were finally mowing the grass.

FortSept2012217.jpg

FortSept2012224.jpg

All dogs going into the park are collar taut, gagging themselves, pulling. When they leave, it's more of a leisurely stroll, foaming at the mouth.

FortSept2012218.jpg

If you look closely at this picture you'll see Mason peeking over the hill at me. You can also see how long the grass was.

FortSept2012221.jpg

FortSept2012223.jpg

"Ok Mom, I've had enough"

FortSept2012222.jpg

It was HOT! Even the playground was empty.

FortSept2012225.jpg

FortSept2012226.jpg

It was around noontime when we put Mason in the cool RV and headed to the front for Epcot.

FortSept2012228.jpg

We're waiting on a bus.

FortSept2012230.jpg

Do you feel like you're there?

Here one comes now

FortSept2012232.jpg

Another Trevor's not impressed shot. He was hungry as we didn't have breakfast so we could sample stuff around Epcot. You men get grumpy when you're hungry.

FortSept2012234.jpg

We've arrived at Epcot. Did I mention that it's HOT?! Holy Mary Mother of God, it was HOT!

FortSept2012236.jpg

The ball is so photogenic! Let's take another one.

FortSept2012237.jpg

We walked over near Test Track to see how much progress has been made. I could hear the old Chevy song.

"See the USA, in your Chevrolet"

These guys called themselves "The Test Track All Stars"

FortSept2012239.jpg

Personally I think it's just a distraction from all the construction walls.

Don't you have to be the star of something before you can be an all star? I didn't recognize any of them as being stars.

A quick potty break took us through a little path that had all sorts of flowers in bloom.

FortSept2012240.jpg

FortSept2012241.jpg

Bonus shot with the monorail coming across. (The way Trevor is standing, he looks pregnant. He's not, and if he is, it's not mine)

FortSept2012242.jpg

Notice the beautiful blue skies above the ball. Hardly a cloud could be seen. AKA HOT!

FortSept2012243.jpg

The boggers were doing their thing. Bogging? Cranberrying? I'll let you work out the details.

FortSept2012245.jpg

We stopped to admire the Watermelon patch.

FortSept2012246.jpg

Our only goal was to get to the World showcase for food.

First, we loaded up a wristlet gift card.

FortSept2012247.jpg

Before I run out of photo space, I will continue our food tour in another post.

I do want to mention that we ran out of money on our card about 3/4 of the way through.

No problem! I'll go to the potty and Trevor can go add more to our wristlet. I told him to put it on our KTTW card as I didn't bring much cash.

Nope! It must be cash or credit card.

Uhhhh, the KTTW card is linked to my Disney visa card?!

Nope! Can't use that. He ended up using one of his credit cards for the transaction.

So keep that in mind. If you are one of those people who carry very little cash, and depend on your KTTW card, you cannot use it to add money to the F&W wristlet.

Stupid.

Nope! It must be cash or credit card.

Uhhhh, the KTTW card is linked to my Disney visa card?!

Nope! Can't use that. He ended up using one of his credit cards for the transaction.

So keep that in mind. If you are one of those people who carry very little cash, and depend on your KTTW card, you cannot use it to add money to the F&W wristlet.

Stupid.

Can you use your KTTW card directly at the booths? That's what we generally do.

First, sorry to hear things life isn't going your way at the moment. I hope things improve for you soon!

Second, lots of great photos in that update.

The sunrise one is the best.

But, I also like the golf ball photos, the pregnant man, and the flowers.

Those wrist thingies are hardly worth the trouble, are they? We had problems getting ours properly loaded on our visit, and they also had run out of the coiled stretchy things, and were using plain old rubber bands.

Something stupid at Disney you say?

I don't find that hard to believe at all.

TCD

Sorry life isn't going as smooth as you would like Stef. Hoping things start going better. Enjoyed the update.

Continuing to follow along.

I must admit I did get a bit worried when you mentioned potty break and then the next thing I saw were pictures of flowers and trees. Thankfully you just took those on the way to or after the break. Right??

Insert favorite planet joke here.

I'm no food connoisseur, by any means. I'm more of a pizza/beer kinda girl, but there were a few things I wanted to try and I'll do my best to give you my honest opinion of each thing.

We shared each order so we could sample more.

First up, Canada.

FortSept2012249.jpg

The filet and the soup.

FortSept2012250.jpg

Spoiler Alert: Hands down the best of all!

Winner, winner, Canadian dinner! (I do :heart: Guy Fieri on Triple D)

I also took a low shot as I was sitting on a curb. Shade was the most sought after item of the day.

FortSept2012251.jpg

Nothing in France tickled our fancy, but I took a pic since it was a beautiful, HOT day.

FortSept2012252.jpg

Next stop, Belgium.

FortSept2012255.jpg

Waffle...YUM!

FortSept2012254.jpg

I took this picture while I was waiting to show you how low the crowds were.

FortSept2012253.jpg

We strolled through Japan. No food, just drummer girls.

FortSept2012257.jpg

FortSept2012256.jpg

Here are a couple of main walkways. Empty!

FortSept2012258.jpg

FortSept2012262.jpg

Some more ball shots.

FortSept2012259.jpg

FortSept2012260.jpg

Trevor walked over to grab us a water. You must hydrate!!

He came back with a jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzel. No, that's not part of F&W, it just looked good. :)

And it was!

Could have had more jalapenos for my taste, but good none the less.

FortSept2012261.jpg

Next... Ciao Bello! :heart:

FortSept2012263.jpg

I stood by just to hear them speak.

FortSept2012264.jpg

Ravioli and sausage & peppers.

FortSept2012265.jpg

The sausage was excellent. The ravioli was good, not great. I have some family members who can rock ravioli.

I sat behind a donkey while we enjoyed our Italian food. Don't judge. It was shady.

FortSept2012266.jpg

Even trash cans can be photogenic.

FortSept2012268.jpg

Trying to make room for more food, we watched this Italian street performer.

FortSept2012269.jpg

FortSept2012270.jpg

Fun. But I'd bet he was HOT!

From here, we split up.

Trevor wanted a sausage on pretzel roll from Germany. I wanted a pierogie from Poland.

(It also came with kielbasa, which I'm not a fan of!)

FortSept2012272.jpg

FortSept2012275.jpg

FortSept2012277.jpg

FortSept2012276.jpg

Double disappointment. My pierogie was like cardboard. Trevors roll for his brat was dry. He did like my kielbasa though.

FULL. Digesting. HOT!

FortSept2012273.jpg

FortSept2012274.jpg

There were only a couple more things we wanted to sample at this time.

Buck up little eaters, you can do it!

FortSept2012278.jpg

FortSept2012279.jpg

ICK! I expected the sourdough breadstick to be crusty on the outside. Oh boy, was it!

I could have pounded tent stakes into coquina shells with it.

The cheese is best described as stinky feet. We both took a bite and tossed it.

One last stop for this afternoon. China Australia ::)

FortSept2012280.jpg

Shrimp was good. Cooked well and had a little spice to it.

OVERFULL!

and

HOT!

Continuing.......

I must admit I did get a bit worried when you mentioned potty break and then the next thing I saw were pictures of flowers and trees. Thankfully you just took those on the way to or after the break. Right??

made me think of razor sharp bushes

Trevor does look Hangry (hungry + angry)

Mason just looks cute.

hope things get better soon!

What did we finish off with?

Club cool! My favorite is China's watermelon, in case anyone was wondering.

FortSept2012282.jpg

For all you fountain fans...

FortSept2012283.jpg

As we waddled out towards the exit, I spot Genia and Tony heading in.

Stalker pic

FortSept2012285.jpg

We stopped and talked for a sec and I offered this piece of advice:

"Please be careful if you guys plan on drinking alcohol. It is HOT and there are a few folks in here that aren't doing well with the combination of the two."

One last ball shot while waiting on the bus.

FortSept2012286.jpg

I made Trev sit right behind the bus driver. There's a wall there. He didn't like it.

Here he is peeking around

FortSept2012287.jpg

One quick drop off at the Lodge

FortSept2012288.jpg

And we're back in our cart on our way back to our site.

About this time I get a text from Genia:

"it's flippin HOT!"

:shortbus:

My favorite Reedy Creekers were playing frisbee football. Hubba Hubba.

FortSept2012289.jpg

FortSept2012290.jpg

On our way back we could see the clouds rolling in and hear the thunder in the distance.

I caught Mason surfing

FortSept2012293.jpg

And I scolded him.

FortSept2012292.jpg

Outside of our door, it looked liked this

FortSept2012291.jpg

Even my green mats were floating

FortSept2012294.jpg

It rained, and it rained, but stopped right before it came over the slab and into the screen room. :whew:

After the rain let it up, the Fort was saturated. There wasn't much we wanted to do but chill out and relax.

But.....the night is still young, and I get a surprise visitor.

Can you use your KTTW card directly at the booths? That's what we generally do.

No Carol. This day, Trevor started in Germany and the lady told him something he couldn't really understand. He did get out of her that he needed to go to a booth. Then the booth told us about the cash or CC thing.

They could have changed this now as I'm sure there were some upset guests who only travel with the KTTW.

First, sorry to hear things life isn't going your way at the moment. I hope things improve for you soon!

Those wrist thingies are hardly worth the trouble, are they? We had problems getting ours properly loaded on our visit, and they also had run out of the coiled stretchy things, and were using plain old rubber bands.

TCD

I'll muddle through. Nothing major, just a ton of petty crap, on top of more hours because my Mom is on vacation.

No worries. I just may be more spartacus......er, sporadic.

I saw your crappy little rubberband wristlets. Rip off. It is convenient to swipe though.

:lmao1: Good one Yvonne!

Even I have some class...not much, but a bit.

AFTER the potty break.

Insert favorite planet joke here.

Ha! Thanks for reminding me, I'll be using that word all night.

Trevor does look Hangry (hungry + angry)

hope things get better soon!

Thanks Nicki.

Yes, men get hangry.

Me man, me need food!

Munchkins rule!

Amen, munchkins rule!! :hugs2:

1. The big ball is very photogenic and you must like it a lot.

2. Do all girls have a thing for firemen? I certainly did at one time.

3. What did Mason share on FF in our name?

1. Yes I like to photograph balls.

2. Any man in uniform is awesome!

3. Rudy wouldn't share FF with him. He was on twitter.

"Please be careful if you guys plan on drinking alcohol. It is HOT and there are a few folks in here that aren't doing well with the combination of the two."

And wise advice it was!

About this time I get a text from Genia:

"it's flippin HOT!"

:shortbus:

Damn it! I told you, you were right!