TCD's Pre-Halloween 2012 Trip Report

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Of course, I was in my prime then! :)

Any parent that tells you they don't snatch their favorite candy from their kids' Halloween stash is either lying or is allergic to chocolate. And I only put that last choice there for Jen. My kids

Okay....i cant believe you didnt buy the fifteen shirts and am puzzled why you didnt ask daisy duke for directions to her favorite stores?

I am so looking forward to this one!

Not sure why everyone keeps referring to that woman's garment as shorts, because all I see is what might be part of a bathing suit? Shorts generally come down past the butt cheeks a little further. But agree with all that they're not exactly MK appropriate.

Where are Clinton and Stacey when these people are out roaming the theme parks?

I agree with the overalls on grown men sentiment! The one on the end looks like he has a load in his pants!

You are a better parent than I, there is no way I would fork over ten bucks for a pretend plastic beer mug full of frozen apple juice. They seriously look like they should have a big gold "M" on them.

Maybe a little foreshadowing with that picture of the girls clinking mugs together? They are headed to college, after all.

They have a big display case of baked treats:

FW101812044.jpg

Well, I was able to read the beginning of your report earlier today, but had no time to post. So here I sit on page 3, sigh.

I am loving your details of the new Fantasyland. I really didn't think I would be that interested as my kids are no longer in the Fantasyland phase, but I am so intrigued...I must go! We all looked at your pictures tonight and realized we must go if for no other reason than to get that Mike Wazowski candy apple in your photo (At least that's what we think it is. I would be equally happy if it was filled with chocolate).

FW101812044.jpg

this Pic made me come out of lurk-dom and pick something to snack on....

I choose... I choose.... I choose..... ARG! I can't decide..... I'll have to let the people behind me in line go first.....

:wave1: hi DVC camper..... great minds think alike

Halloween Costume ????? What was she going as ----- A 70's Adult Movie Star

FW101812018.jpg

It doesn't even match!!! and the shoes oh my!

Well I started reading and the TR was less than 12 hours old. Now here I sit on page 4!! Love your TR TCD looking forward to the rest.

mmmm... pork shanks.....

So, you have had a pork shank before?

I never had. Sure, I've eaten my share of pork. But not on a bone like that. Caveman style.

That pork shank looks delicious! Greasy and salty, my favorite combo.

Yes I am reading this from the road. I have to do it spurts though or I get a little motion sick. ( yes I know TMI but it's payback for the picture of the striped shorts!)

Well, I hope you get yourself a pork shank when you get there!

You can't have too much further to go.

We leave on Thursday!!

Wow!

That's tomorrow!!!!

The weather is looking great!

Have a wonderful time.

You will have a lot of catching up to do when you get back.

Please make sure to let me know the dates you will be at the Fort- either by posting them somewhere or sending me a PM- I'd like to stop by and say hello, if possible.

My tribute to all the servicemen and servicewomen who are stationed overseas right now.

I really hope you kept that mental note. I'm curious to see, what you think about that area.

Sniff, Sniff, your family does me proud puttin a hurtin on that shank!

Good for you on the tribute!

I will get back to those buoys. Don't worry.

Yes, we put a hurtn' on that shank. Wasn't nothing left but two bones when we got done. The twins liked that- they have been studying anatomy in school, so they knew the names of the bones. The whole thing was so barbaric.

And I forgot to add. I would pay extra if I was given a non stroller lane within the parks. seriously.

If Disney can think about charging extra for special fast passes, maybe they can do like the Fidelity commercials and give non stroller special lanes.....

Now, there's an idea!

I didn't realize how out of hand the stroller thing has become until I enjoyed a big part of the park stroller free.

LaPew's brew or whatever they call it is just a Butter Beer ripoff.

Absolutely right.

And somebody at Disney is going to get a big promotion for coming up with the idea.

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Folks were lining up to buy the stuff.

Including stupid me.

I'm in! Just got caught up.

First, I'm sad you won't be there for Halloween this year. :(

Secondly, as soon as I saw those shorts I knew they looked familiar. Maybe this will bring some memories back for some folks!

Fashions always come back around!

I will confess, I'm a closet fashion queen! LOL anyone who has seen me or pics of me knows that is a ridiculous statement. I will confess my secret here for all to see....

I am addicted to Project Runway! I know it is shocking. I have actually seen some of the designers make shorts similar to the picture you posted.

Ready to see trip report!

ps. sorry for making others blind!

Good post, Rita.

And, those photos reminded me that I saw some photos recently of the pop star Taylor Swift sporting shorts like that.

You are right, fashion does always come back around. Can't wait till I can break out my white leisure suit and platform shoes again.

That sure is a detailed temporary fake blockage.

In the movie, three girls with big racks and low cut dresses follow Gaston around the village. Any sign of that?

Is that little dude checking out Gaston's junk or what?

Yes.

No, I'm afraid not.

And,

Yes, I'm afraid so.

Those are some funny comments! You need to come around here and post more often.

Wow... a guy goes to work, and ends up on page 3 or 4.... sorry TCD.... but I'm here and caught up...

No need to apologize.

That's how these TCD TR's go.

Start out fast, and then fade into oblivion.

Story of my life.

I'm late, I'm late but I am caught up. Yea! I have been jonesing for one of your trip reports.

Glad to have you along, and you aren't late at all. We are just getting started. It's a three night trip, and we haven't even gotten to the first night.

But we will soon.

Right after I backtrack for a minute.

TCD

Re: the lady in the striped, um, shorts... At least they look comfortable. I know what my feet feel like after a long day at MK and I pay attention to my shoes and socks. The only thing those sandels she has on are good for is a ton of blisters.

True.

I often see ladies with shoes on that I know they will be paying for later in terms of pain.

You would think they would have common sense to where comfortable shoes.

But they don't.

I am so looking forward to this one!

Not sure why everyone keeps referring to that woman's garment as shorts, because all I see is what might be part of a bathing suit? Shorts generally come down past the butt cheeks a little further. But agree with all that they're not exactly MK appropriate.

Where are Clinton and Stacey when these people are out roaming the theme parks?

I agree with the overalls on grown men sentiment! The one on the end looks like he has a load in his pants!

You are a better parent than I, there is no way I would fork over ten bucks for a pretend plastic beer mug full of frozen apple juice. They seriously look like they should have a big gold "M" on them.

Maybe a little foreshadowing with that picture of the girls clinking mugs together? They are headed to college, after all.

Good comments.

I generally frown on spending $10 for cheap plastic mugs, but this was a special occasion. They drank out of those mugs all weekend back at the campsite. And, they will probably come back with us on future trips.

Wow, joined the TR on the first day but I am already on page 3! I blame the shorts on the closet. All my clothes end up smaller each time I take them out, must be happening to that poor girl. Of course, mine just get small around the mid-section. Must be me. Maybe?

You might be on to something. My shorts seem to do the same thing.

Well, I was able to read the beginning of your report earlier today, but had no time to post. So here I sit on page 3, sigh.

I am loving your details of the new Fantasyland. I really didn't think I would be that interested as my kids are no longer in the Fantasyland phase, but I am so intrigued...I must go! We all looked at your pictures tonight and realized we must go if for no other reason than to get that Mike Wazowski candy apple in your photo (At least that's what we think it is. I would be equally happy if it was filled with chocolate).

I went back to analyze that photo of the display case, because I didn't realize the Mike Wazowski was a candy apple. I thought it was one of those cake on a stick things that they sell. You were right, it is a candy apple. I zoomed in on the photo so you can see the price. $10 for an apple on a stick! Disney knows how to take our money!:

apples.jpg

The shank looks delicious. And you could actually save the bone and make bean soup afterwards. And if you are really, really industrious, after making the soup you could use the bone as a weapon. A Shankula, perhaps? Seems to me that $7 is a bargain for that thing.

Dave, you are like a Native American. Using all the parts of the animal. The next time I go, I will most definitely make some pulled pork sandwiches out of the pork shank, then some soup, and then I will keep the shankula. You are a genius. Thank you. If I end up with some extra bones, I may let the girls use them to make some Pebbles hairdos. Let me know if you want one for Anna.

Ok, finally caught up! The brew sounds interesting? Enjoying see more of the new Fantasyland!

You are right- the brew is interesting.

It actually was better than I expected it to be.

Not worth $10, but still, it was good.

this Pic made me come out of lurk-dom and pick something to snack on....

I choose... I choose.... I choose..... ARG! I can't decide..... I'll have to let the people behind me in line go first.....

It is always good when someone comes out of lurkdom!

Thanks for joining in.

Let us know whey you make up your mind on which treat you want.

Halloween Costume ?? What was she going as ----- A 70's Adult Movie Star

Hey Jeff!

It must be time for you to visit the Fort!

Glad to see you posting!

Well that's a lot of info for day 1. Keep it coming.

Yes it is. And I will.

TCD

It doesn't even match!!! and the shoes oh my!

Well I started reading and the TR was less than 12 hours old. Now here I sit on page 4!! Love your TR TCD looking forward to the rest.

I'm glad that you are reading along and caught up.

I made page 4!! Ok not exactly bragging rights but I did make it. I would comment on everyone's favorite picture but this popped into my head:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ionsd-aqJwc

Page 4 ain't bad.

This thing got off to a fast start.

That's a funny video, but I am missing what it has to do with anything in this report.

Maybe that's the point?

TCD

When I saw you post somewhere that you had been away for the weekend, I was hoping it was for a Fort trip. Glad to see I was right!

As for the chick in the striped underpants...am I the only one that notices that, besides being oddly inappropriate, her shirt doesn't even match the undies? Maybe she forgot to put her pants on. The world will never know.

Let me respond to these comments, and then we will move on to an update:

Shoot! Already page 4, thats what I get for not posting yesterday when I started reading. LOL

I can't wait to see the New Fantasyland in February! :jumpforjoy

Yeah, that's what you get.

You can't take a day off-or you will never catch up.

My thought was "Don't go there" other than that the video has nothing to do with anything in this report. :)

OK, I see what you did there.

No problem-I liked the video.

And there is no rule against posting things that have nothing to do with this report. Feel free any time.

When I saw you post somewhere that you had been away for the weekend, I was hoping it was for a Fort trip. Glad to see I was right!

As for the chick in the striped underpants...am I the only one that notices that, besides being oddly inappropriate, her shirt doesn't even match the undies? Maybe she forgot to put her pants on. The world will never know.

You might be right.

Poor thing.

Now she is immortalized in a TCD trip report.

TCD

An update is coming, I promise.

Before I get to that, I need to take a moment to send a special message to a potential new member of this board.

This message is for the LSU fan from the other place.

I left a spike for her with her husband.

Y'all were staying on the 400 loop.

If you are reading this, I am urging you to please join up and post.

We can talk about college football then.

Also, for anyone reading as a guest and not a member, this would be a great time to register and become a member of this great community. It always makes my day when someone joins and posts on one of my reports. Come on. You know you want to.

TCD