The Practically Perfect Mouseketab Halloween with Fiends!!!!

Howdy all!! I am home, the pics are mostly dowloaded, the email is caught up on, and it's now time to start this trip report!!!!

Rick and Carol and the Mouse-ke-T@B are ready for our annual must do event, the Fiend High Holy Holiday, HALLOWEEN!!!!!

As usual, we planned to arrive the Friday before Halloween and stay through the Sunday after.

So off we goooooo!!!

Thursday, October 25, Travel Day

We usually leave the afternoon before because we have two major cities to get through and avoid rush hour, so 2pm central is our ideal depature time. That puts us through Birmingham and malfunction junction about 3:45 pm and through Atlanta about 7:30pm.

Rick picked me up from work, and off we go.

We're heading South on I-65 through some pretty fall colors.

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

The usual pic of the driver

IMG_2230.jpg

IMG_2231.jpg

IMG_2232.jpg

Here's one for Stef, we've made it through Birmingham and now are on I-20 passing Talladega Speedway

IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2237.jpg

This is a fleeting glimpse of the grandstands

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2239.jpg

IMG_2240.jpg

and tons of portapottys waiting to be used

IMG_2243-1.jpg

Continuing on, some pretty clouds

IMG_2246.jpg

You can already see the moon

IMG_2247.jpg

Here's the T@B following right behind

IMG_2249.jpg

We had awesome traffic for this trip. I'm glad we weren't going the other way

IMG_2250.jpg

IMG_2251-1.jpg

More fall colors

IMG_2254.jpg

More sky and moon

IMG_2255.jpg

Talladega National Forest

IMG_2256.jpg

IMG_2257.jpg

IMG_2260.jpg

IMG_2261.jpg

Pretty landscape

IMG_2262.jpg

IMG_2263.jpg

IMG_2264.jpg

We're in Georgia!!!

IMG_2267.jpg

Close to photo limit, so I'll continue in the next post

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm here want to find out what we did, I know I was there but can't remember. I love TR's from Fiends that were at the fort the same time as us, this way I don't have to do one LOL

the lobster cheesy thing from Ireland = Fisherman's pie. One of the best things at F & W! TCD

I'm here. I can't wait to see how this TR turns out! :))

Hmmmm, I seem to remember that you were there!!!

Finally a Halloween Trip Report.

Well, Halloween isn't until Wed, but I'm gettin there!!

I'm in!

Love the fall colors from your drive.

Looking forward to hearing all about Halloween at the Fort.

Good to hear the trailer followed behind according to plan.

TCD

We do live in a beautiful area. I really should explore more of it in the camper, but that durn Mouse keeps calling my name!!!

I am in too.

Thanks for readin!!!!

Continuing on, the Georgia Rest area, but we didn't stop there cause it's time for our first gas fillup.

IMG_2268.jpg

Cool camper

IMG_2269.jpg

Approaching Atlanta, passing by Six Flags

IMG_2270.jpg

IMG_2271.jpg

IMG_2273.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2276.jpg

IMG_2277.jpg

Coming up on the Atlanta Skyline

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2282.jpg

Finally, coming up on I-75. Our trip would be about 2 hours shorter if we had an easy way to get to I-75 :(

IMG_2283.jpg

IMG_2284.jpg

IMG_2285.jpg

Turner Field and the Olympic Torch

IMG_2286.jpg

IMG_2287.jpg

IMG_2289.jpg

This is light traffic for Atlanta

IMG_2290.jpg

and time for dinner!!

IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2292.jpg

IMG_2293.jpg

We made it to Valdosta and stopped at a Holiday Inn Express on points, so it was FREE!!!!

Nighty night!!

IMG_2294.jpg

I'm in!

Any speedway is a good speedway in my book!! Thanks Carol.

I never realized there was a Talledega National Forest. ???

I've actually camped at that racetrack. Not during a race, but with Scouts. First trip, it was Lake Talladega, that bowl doesn't drain well, and then 2nd time I froze my a$$ off. 2 strikes, your OUT!!! I've also driven past on race weekend. The sea of campers in those fields is amazing!!!

The National Forest through there is georgeous!!

I'm in too. Lovely fall pictures but can't wait for you guys to get to the Fort. :)

We'll be there soon, have to get some rest.

I'm in, got to see what all we did. :rofl3: Glad somebody documented the week.

Hey!! I saw your camera out some, post some pics!!!

Your travel pictures are so pretty! I miss seeing fall colors. And, I have never been to AL so it is cool to see these.

I am also a race fan and hope to get to Talladega one day!

We went to Six Flags Atlanta in 2006. I honestly thought it was kind of a dump. We had a hotel near the park and ended up canceling when we saw the area - it's not the best part of town! Ended up staying further North.

I noticed a Garden Ridge sign - do you still have them in your area? We had one but it closed. I loved that place!

Looking forward to more!

Friday, October 26th, CHECK-IN Day!!!!!

First, a few more pics of the hotel room.

IMG_2295.jpg

IMG_2296.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

Now, I had visions of getting out early, but we didn't make it.

I woke up fairly early and got online, and TJ had messaged me that the site I wanted was empty!!!

So I called the Fort.

"Hello, this is Carol Kelley, a friend of mine told me site 932 was empty and we would like that site please, so we can be next to the comfort station and near our friends"

"Sorry, that site is already assigned to someone until 11/4, however 931 is open".

I talked back and forth with him to see if there was anyway I could get 932, then I thought to myself, wait, my checkout date is 11/4.

"Would the name on 932 happen to be Carol Kelley?"

"Hmmm, let me look......... Oh yes it is"

"Well that's ME!!"

Geez, didn't I tell him my name first off???

I finally got Rick rousted out of bed, we grab our overnight bag with yesterdays dirty clothes and off we go to the FORT!!! Need to hurry before they give my site away to somebody else!!!

A few pics before we pull out

IMG_2298.jpg

IMG_2299.jpg

Rick pretending like he's waiting on ME

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2301.jpg

And looky here, we're in FLORIDA!!!

IMG_2308.jpg

IMG_2312.jpg

Now, there were rumors that Sandy was going to affect the WDW area with high winds and some rain. These clouds don't look good

IMG_2314.jpg

IMG_2315.jpg

IMG_2316.jpg

Things got pretty again really quickly

IMG_2319.jpg

Woo Hoo the Turnpike!!!

IMG_2321.jpg

IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2358.jpg

OK, that's enough turnpike sign pictures

Continuing on, I always thought this bridge was cool

IMG_2360.jpg

IMG_2364.jpg

and here are the obligitory pics of the Contemporary from 429

IMG_2366.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

Almost there....

IMG_2379.jpg

WooHoo!! On property!!

IMG_2390.jpg

IMG_2393.jpg

Getting closer to the Fort. I LOVE the new paint job on the MK entrance

IMG_2398.jpg

IMG_2399.jpg

IMG_2402.jpg

Tried to get a glimps down the runway, but was too late

IMG_2407.jpg

We are HOME!!!

IMG_2409.jpg

Checkin Time!!

IMG_2415.jpg

Our turn!!

IMG_2416.jpg

And that is my photo limit. More to come soon!

Yay! You are at the Fort.

I am interested in hearing how you liked 932- I was assigned 932 a couple of years ago, but I asked to move because I thought it was too close to the comfort station. It didn't have as many bushes then as it does now, so I think that helps with the privacy. I was concerned about hearing the ice machine and CS doors slamming.

TCD

Your travel pictures are so pretty! I miss seeing fall colors. And, I have never been to AL so it is cool to see these.

I am also a race fan and hope to get to Talladega one day!

We went to Six Flags Atlanta in 2006. I honestly thought it was kind of a dump. We had a hotel near the park and ended up canceling when we saw the area - it's not the best part of town! Ended up staying further North.

I noticed a Garden Ridge sign - do you still have them in your area? We had one but it closed. I loved that place!

Looking forward to more!

Thanks for reading. We have been to Six Flags lots of times. Years past, we just made it a day trip. But when we did stay, we stayed further West in Douglasville. The area right around the park is kind of industrial.

Sorry, I don't know what Garden Ridge is, except for that sign. We don't have them at home in Alabama.

I'm in!

Thanks for reading!!

I'm in. (Now, back to read the first post!)

Thanks! I hope you read it!!

I am glad that the Tab followed you instead of you following it. Beautiful area you went through.

That little T@B follows like a champ. We didn't even notice the wind everybody was talking about on their drive in

i'm in! missing you all though

I miss you too!!!

Yay! You are at the Fort.

I am interested in hearing how you liked 932- I was assigned 932 a couple of years ago, but I asked to move because I thought it was too close to the comfort station. It didn't have as many bushes then as it does now, so I think that helps with the privacy. I was concerned about hearing the ice machine and CS doors slamming.

TCD

We LOVED 932. Yes, the bushes have grown up quite a bit. However, with a bit of discreet trimming, we were able to cut a path directly to the CS. Rick had maybe 10 steps to get to the mens room door, which is a good thing!!

We never noticed the doors slamming or the ice machine. Especially once we were inside. We keep the fan running on our A/C-Heatpump, so it is not as noticeable when it cuts on and off, only the compressor cycles. Also, during the day, very few people got ice. I think lots were buying at the Trading Post right across the street.

Great pictures looks like the drive went well, I never knew Six Flags was so close to the highway the coasters looked really close.

The drive was AWESOME. I don't think we've EVER had a smoother drive down. That was just one of the aspects that made this a "Practically Perfect" trip!!

One last short update for today.

After we took care of the checkin stuff we head back to our site. They didn't give it away!!!

IMG_2418.jpg

IMG_2420.jpg

IMG_2422.jpg

At this point, there is a break in the pictures until Saturday morning.

We have a lot of setup when we stay a week or longer, so the rest of Friday was spent saying a quick hello to Fiends and setting up.

We finally took a break that evening and had dinner at Trails End. We had finished all of the setup except for the Halloween Blowups.

While we were waiting on our table, we ordered a drink from Crocketts and wandered over to visit Fiesty for awhile.

We got a tour of her new coach, BEAUTIFUL!!!

After dinner, we dropped in over at TJs site for a little bit, then called it a night!!!

More updates tomorrow!!