Ultimate Bragging Rights! TCD's New Fantasyland Passholder Preview TR

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you have ever read a TCD trip report, you are familiar with my use of cliffhangers. I am going to go against the grain for this TR. We will go right to the money shots: Those photos were taken at

We are scheduled to fly out on Saturday and our family is worried we won't get out due to the storm. I don't know why they're worried - We'll just drive or I'll fly the plane myself. We are going no m

Beer at the MK? Dislike. Dislike very, very much. [TROLL RANT ON] Walt very explicitly and emphatically said, "No booze at MK!" What can't the jackholes running the joint honor the man's wishes foreve

I'm late but it looks like I made it just in time for the people of walmart epcot. :hah: is that a book in his pants or do you think it's a pathetic attempt at UBR in making a TCD TR?

Either way, enjoying another TCD saga. How in the magical world will you ever keep yuri away once he finds out there's beer in the MK? Does he know yet??

What the Fort?!

Nicely done!

I see that your Fiend training is complete.

Go and enjoy your trip, and may the Fort be with you!

It was really nice meeting you. We were in line waiting and I saw you.

We wish we had more time to chat, but we were with friends. Our friends are my bosses.

This is the 4th year we have been and may be the last. She has breast cancer.

As far as the Terra food, our friends are Vegan so we had to try their stuff.

DH and I had the Colorado Chili. It tasted like spicy chili with crispy potato chips.

It was good. I would not have guessed that the fake meat was protein.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. How sad. I hope this wasn't her last F&W Festival.

Thanks for the feedback on Terra. I really intended to try it. But, we always were full by the time we got there, and there is something about "beefless tips" that just doesn't sound appetizing to me.

I wish we had the time to chat. I didn't remember at the time that you are the ones with a son at the Air Force Academy. I think that is so awesome.

Wow, there are so many things wrong with that first picture, I won't even comment.

I do love the second picture of the lady in the I LOVE YOU shirt, holding a drink, running to her girlfriend. Don't we all have friends like that?

I can't believe those lines. I'm glad we went when we did.

I agree with you on the sausages, and that's all I'm gonna say.

Yes, we all do have friends like that.

Some of them are Fiends.

I agree with you on the sausages. I can't think of anything to say that wouldn't send this TR in a direction I don't want it to go. I really wanted to take a photo for DaveInTN, since I know he loves those sausages, but there was no way I was going to have my photo taken with one of those in my hand, or anywhere near my mouth. And that's all I have to say about that.

God Loves Babies was what I saw one day on the bus headed back. I tried to get a picture but I will have to check on that one.

I'm sure God does love babies. I'm not sure we need the Jesus Jet to tell us that.

The Jesus Jet hasn't been around for a while.

I guess they had to crank it up for the election.

It will be interesting to see if it sticks around.

WooHoo updates. Love updates.

Thanks.

I'll see what I can do about posting a couple today.

Are we in a "What Not to Wear" competition?

Nope.

I can't compete with you.

At least not this time.

This was only a one day trip for us, and I don't have any more.

Which is actually a good thing.

glad to hear there are Perry's on a stick----WAY better than the stupid Duffy character....my boys will like this!!!!

Yes.

The twins approved of this change too.

Phineas and Ferb are getting major love at WDW lately.

I'm late but it looks like I made it just in time for the people of walmart epcot. :hah: is that a book in his pants or do you think it's a pathetic attempt at UBR in making a TCD TR?

Either way, enjoying another TCD saga. How in the magical world will you ever keep yuri away once he finds out there's beer in the MK? Does he know yet??

LOL! That does look like a book. But, it is actually the waistband of his boxers. Dude was a mess.

As far as I know, Yuri doesn't know anything about beer in the MK. And I don't think that news would make a big impact on him anyway. He gets all the beer he can drink for free from my cooler. And now that you brought this up, I realize I haven't seen old Yuri in a while. Bad news for me. That means he's going to show up on one of our next trips.

To quote KFK.... Awwww lawdy

True dat.

Awww Lawdy!

I love this. I've never read anyone's trip report but I will from now on. I opened a beer and its like I was there with you. Lol

Seriously, keep them coming.

Really?

You never read a TR before?

You have some reading to do, then.

This one is going to be just a little one.

Have you read the Troll's TR?

That thing will have you in stitches.

Plus he needs a few more readers.

Check it out if you haven't already. You can find it on the first page of the TR section.

TCD

WTF is right. Clinton and Stacey would have a field day with that photo. I only know that bc my wife watches that show. Seriously. I am not kidding. I am not proud that I know that. No for real though. Oh never mind.

Clinton and Stacey?

Is that a new Disney show?

J/K my girls love that show.

I may have seen a couple of episodes myself.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Germans sure do have large sausages.

I started out laughing and now i cant stop coughing but it was worth it.

I wondered who would go there, should have seen you coming. He set you up and you knocked it out of the park.

What is this, 4th grade?

Come on guys.

I was enjoying the cultrual diversity of the World Showcase and keeping it classy, and you have to break out with the sausage jokes?

OK, I have to admit it that I laughed too.

A lot.

Well done, FWG.

You are the master of one-liners.

I'm in! :stars-shower-smiley:

Oh Lawwwwdy!

KFK is in the house!

Let's get the party started!

TCD

So far behind! I really did stop reading after the first photo!

I enjoy a nice cold beer, and have partaken in one at the other parks that serve them, if I happen to walk by. I don't seek them out, or get one when it is extremely hot out because it gets warms fast and they're too expensive to dump out! But, I doubt I will ever have one in the MK because we never eat when we are there, especially not in sit down restaurants. I don't really think it's that big of a deal and hope it doesn't cause any problems.

I love the HS picture with the rows of palm trees and star decorations!

Did you realize you were sporting ears in this one? Kind of like your boarding photos in your Dream TR:

FantasylandPP049.jpg

The one of the guy in his boxers……WTF is right. Put some trousers on for crying out loud.

I have been very upset this week knowing it is the last one of the F&W festival and I never got to run down there. But I have to say I feel a little better now seeing those crowds.

If Disney had planned a little better, they should have released WIR in Oct. Then they could have made a killing on Halloween costumes.

I laughed at your Terra comments. Do you watch that show Modern Family? This week's episode was one of the funniest ever. There was also a "facon" bit involving some vegan/healthy bacon. I won't say any more in case others haven't seen it, but it is a must see ep. of the show, IMO. My son and I were howling while watching it!

Finally all caught up! How sweet that you got a special preview! I'm on the fence with beer at MK, it's sad poor Walts wishes no longer seem to matter, that seems to be the sad state of our society today, BUT I now have a vice for getting DH to spend more time at MK so it's a wash I guess. No comment on the shorts or sausages.. Actually I have lots but they aren't family friendly

Finally all caught up! How sweet that you got a special preview! I'm on the fence with beer at MK, it's sad poor Walts wishes no longer seem to matter, that seems to be the sad state of our society today, BUT I now have a vice for getting DH to spend more time at MK so it's a wash I guess. No comment on the shorts or sausages.. Actually I have lots but they aren't family friendly

Are you pro sausage?

Let's continue.

According to plan, we took the monorail from Epcot to the Transportation and Ticket Center.

That was an important part of our plan.

The email from Disney said we had to register and pick up wristbands at the TTC. That is really not a convenient thing to do, but we made it convenient, and we did it.

I didn't know what to expect, but what we found was a very friendly castmember who directed us to a section of four ticket windows, all of which had signs indicating that this was where to check-in for the previews. Each window was open and staffed, and we were the only people checking in. Sweet. We had a very friendly CM. I kind of expected this kind of treatment, because there are a lot of mad passholders after all the glitches in trying to register for this event.

They really made a big deal about the wristbands. When I registered, I had to pick between two itineraries- both allowed for a visit to the Little Mermaid ride and a tour of the BOG restaurant, but then one allowed a visit to Enchanted Tales with Belle and the other to the Ariel Meet and Greet. You had to pick one or the other. When I registered, we had already been lucky enough to have had a sneak visit to the Enchanted Tales with Belle, so I picked the Ariel choice. I also figured that this would be the less popular choice, and my chances of getting in would be better.

When we checked in at the window, the CM said we could have either pink or orange wristbands- it didn't matter what we had registered for. The Orange was for Belle, the Pink for Ariel. The girls decided to stick with Ariel.

Here we are with our wristbands:

FantasylandPP078.jpg

It was here that we heard that the Gator game was over and that Florida had barely beaten Mizzou. It was a close call, but a W is a W, and I was happy.

We then hopped aboard the Resort Monorail and stopped for a drink at the Polynesian before heading to the MK. They have a couple of TV's in the waiting area for Ohana, and that gave us a chance to check on all the football scores and watch a few highlights.

It didn't seem too busy at the MK.

We stopped at the Fire Station for our Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom cards. We still didn't get a Maximus. Fail. I had told the girls that today was definitely going to be the day when we completed our collection. They didn't know it, but I had a plan B. I had brought some cards to trade, which we haven't done much of, and I intended to try to track down a Maximus card that way. In case you aren't familiar with SOTMK cards, there are 60 in general circulation available to guests. We had collected 59. Actually, we have two sets of 59. We were just missing that Maximus card.

I took this photo at the Fire Station:

FantasylandPP080.jpg

Now, we were going to make a Bee-Line to the New Fantasyland entrance.

On the way, I snapped this photo to show that on Saturday 11/3, it was still Halloween at the MK:

FantasylandPP081.jpg

The last Not So Scary Halloween party had just taken place the night before.

In fact, that was exactly one week ago today.

From what I hear, the MK is now fully decorated for Christmas.

And the first Very Merry Christmas Party is tonight.

Crazy.

You know what would be fun?

To visit WDW on a trip where you could do the last Halloween party and the first Christmas party. That would be fun.

I told you it was November 3, right?

Halloween was long over.

But, that didn't stop this guy from showing up in full Captain Jack gear:

FantasylandPP082.jpg

Check out the face of the kid in the blue shirt looking at Captain Jack. That says it all.

So we are clear, this was not a castmember. It was a guest. I thought there were rules against this. Adults are only allowed to wear costumes at the Halloween parties. One of the twins suggested that that might not be a wig on the guy.

I don't know.

Weird.

And creepy.

The guy was by himself in a pirate costume.

There is no good reason for that.

We kept on walking.

We were a little excited.

We had been told to get there a half hour early.

And we were a little early for that.

But, they let us right in.

Fun!

Our first stop was the Be Our Guest restaurant.

The passholder preview material said we would be allowed to tour the restaurant. Even though we had already seen part of the restaurant on our last visit, we had only seen part, and really wanted to see the rest.

We were disappointed to find that the same ropes were up today as had been there the last time. We could only walk through the armor room and stand and look at the big ballroom. No west wing. No rose gallery. Boo! Someone asked a CM what was up. The CM said they had to have the restaurant roped off because they would be serving dinner in there. That was the case the last time we were here- they were serving dinner to VIP's. Bummer.

So, we headed out to go see the Little Mermaid.

As we crossed the bridge, there was a castmember tellng people if they wanted to make dinner reservations, they needed to line up over to one side of the bridge.

What?

Dinner reservations?

No one told us that BOG would be open.

But it was.

The CM said anyone who wanted could make a reservation

We got in line.

I had not even thought we would have a chance to eat in the restaurant.

The girls were thrilled.

I wasn't.

I hadn't paid much attention to the menu when it was released a while back. I looked at it, and thougth that it would be a long time or maybe never before I would eat dinner at BOG. I remember that the prices were high, and I knew it would be next to impossible to get a reservation. From what I've heard, when the opened the reservation system a couple of months ago, the system crashed because of demand. When the dust settled, the restaurant was booked solid for months. So, I figured we would try the quick serve lunch some time after it opened, and leave dinner for some far off date in the future.

But, we were now given the opportunity to try the restaurant. Tonight.

I thought about this quickly and decided that we should give it a try. When would we ever get a chance to eat here again?

So, I waited my turn. The line moved quickly. And, just like that, we had ADR's for 6:40 pm!

Did I mention the girls were thrilled?

And, I even got a little excited about it too.

It was just about 5 then, so we had a little over an hour and half to go see the Ariel stuff.

We headed that way.

We stopped at Gaston's Tavern to see if the owner was around.

A CM told us that he was somewhere around, but she didn't know where- you know he is, she said.

We do.

We had just been here two weeks before, but there was already something new.

This chair:

FantasylandPP083.jpg

We had all watched the movie after our last visit so we would be prepared for this one.

Gaston does have a chair that looks just like this one.

He likes to so sit in it and think, like this:

FantasylandPP086.jpg

By the way, if you look at the floor on the right side of that photo, you can see my backpack with the Perrys on a stick sticking out. That's the best I can do for a photo of a Perry on a Stick.

Twin #1 wanted a photo sitting on the chair, so we took one more photo:

FantasylandPP087.jpg

Here's something I noticed on our last visit. This is the side of the Bon Jour gift shop, right in the middle of the village:

FantasylandPP088.jpg

What is with the little door?

I thought maybe it was a detail from the Beauty and the Beast movie that I didn't remember. But we all had just re-watched the movie before this visit, and I don't remember any little door like that.

Anyone know why it would be there?

From here, we were going to head to the Little Mermaid ride.

But I got a text.

It was from Gwen aka CCIntrigue.

We had exchanged a couple of texts as we had agreed to meet up sometime today if that was possible.

Gwen was on Main Street in the MK.

I told her if she would come to the New Fantasyland entrance I would walk out there to meet her.

The girls really wanted to go on the ride. So, I told them to go ahead, and I would meet them at the exit.

So, I went and met Gwen.

We got to visit for just a few minutes.

It was nice to meet you Gwen.

I had never met her before.

That was cool.

I had met Fiends in Epcot and now in the MK on just this short trip.

Gwen needed to get back to the Fort, and I needed to go meet the girls, so we said goodbye. I told her I was going to try to stop by the Fort later, but I wasn't sure when.

I headed back to meet up with the girls.

Just as I walked past the village, Gaston came out of nowhere, and got mobbed:

FantasylandPP089.jpg

FantasylandPP090.jpg

FantasylandPP091.jpg

The girls were still on the Ariel ride.

They would be sad that they missed Gaston.

So I decided not to tell them.

The girls were walking out of the Ariel ride exit just as I walked up.

Perfect.

They said they had walked right on.

No wait.

Awesome.

I said let's go again.

They said let's go meet Ariel first, as it wasn't busy, but who knows if it would stay that way?

So, we headed to the Ariel queue.

This was supposed to be limited to guests with the pink wristbands.

But, they were letting anyone get in line.

Even orange wristband people.

We asked a CM if that meant we could go see Belle's Enchanted Tales too.

She said she didn't see why not- nobody had bothered to tell the CM's what the different colored wristbands meant, so they were letting all guests with wristbands of any color in all the attractions.

Classic.

But, it wasn't a problem, as it really wasn't busy.

The queue for Ariel's grotto is cool.

I love all the different light fixtures:

FantasylandPP093.jpg

We are supposed to be in a cave, but there are multiple openings along the way so we can see outside:

FantasylandPP094.jpg

FantasylandPP095.jpg

Another light fixture:

FantasylandPP096.jpg

From some of the openings, we had a view of the construction of the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train ride:

FantasylandPP097.jpg

I think it will be cool when that attraction is complete, and you will be able to look out of these openings and see the mine train.

Look at these little details- a seashell on one of the posts in the queue- and a trashcan with a nice faux wood finish:

FantasylandPP098.jpg

Here are a few more looks out- you can see the mine train construction. Note the yellow material in the second photo- they are already installing wire mesh to make the contours on the mountain:

FantasylandPP099.jpg

FantasylandPP100.jpg

FantasylandPP101.jpg

Right before you get to the room where you meet Ariel, there are a few light fixtures like this on the ceiling:

FantasylandPP103.jpg

From this point, we were directed into a room to meet Ariel. I noticed that we went a different direction than we had on our previous visit, which means that there is more than one room here . That is a great idea, and means that this line will move a lot quicker than it would if there was only one room at the end.

Here is the meeting:

FantasylandPP104.jpg

FantasylandPP105.jpg

FantasylandPP106.jpg

I snapped a couple of photos on the way out. Ariel's Grotto is all the way on the edge of the new Enchanted Forest area. So far, they don't have access to Storybook Circus from here, but there are just temporary fences up, so I am guessing that once the previews are over, these fences will come down, and you will be able to come in and out of the Enchanted Forest area from both sides:

FantasylandPP107.jpg

FantasylandPP108.jpg

For those of you who like to look at details, here's another light fixture from the end of the Ariel's Grotto queue:

FantasylandPP109.jpg

After this, we decided to ride the Ariel ride again.

I wanted to go through the queue to look for something that was mentioned on the Disney Parks Blog, but we had not yet seen.

Here are the girls at the entrance to the Ariel ride queue:

FantasylandPP112.jpg

There was a castmember there at the entrance making bubbles, so I snapped this photo, as I thought it might be interesting:

FantasylandPP113.jpg

I like that photo. Make sure you notice the Beast's castle there in the background, and Gaston's Tavern to the right and below that. The construction wall on the left will be there until they get the Mine Train ride done, which is probably another year.

We are at the photo limit.

We wil start the next update off with some photos from the Ariel ride queue, and take a look at the second cool thing we got to see today which we had never seen before.

TCD

So far behind! I really did stop reading after the first photo!

I enjoy a nice cold beer, and have partaken in one at the other parks that serve them, if I happen to walk by. I don't seek them out, or get one when it is extremely hot out because it gets warms fast and they're too expensive to dump out! But, I doubt I will ever have one in the MK because we never eat when we are there, especially not in sit down restaurants. I don't really think it's that big of a deal and hope it doesn't cause any problems.

I love the HS picture with the rows of palm trees and star decorations!

Did you realize you were sporting ears in this one? Kind of like your boarding photos in your Dream TR:

FantasylandPP049.jpg

The one of the guy in his boxers……WTF is right. Put some trousers on for crying out loud.

I have been very upset this week knowing it is the last one of the F&W festival and I never got to run down there. But I have to say I feel a little better now seeing those crowds.

If Disney had planned a little better, they should have released WIR in Oct. Then they could have made a killing on Halloween costumes.

I laughed at your Terra comments. Do you watch that show Modern Family? This week's episode was one of the funniest ever. There was also a "facon" bit involving some vegan/healthy bacon. I won't say any more in case others haven't seen it, but it is a must see ep. of the show, IMO. My son and I were howling while watching it!

Great comments!

No, I did not notice those Mickey ears! Good catch! I am going to have to try for a better position next time.

I would love to go to F&W one last time- but it doesn't look like that will happen. I can't complain, though, we made it on 3 Saturdays.

Heck yes, I love Modern Family! This week's episode is on the DVR waiting for me to watch.

I kind of model myself after Phil Dunphy. My kids tell me how I'm cool, just like Phil.

Are you pro sausage?

I've got five kids, what do you think? :rofl2:

OK, now I couldn't help but laugh at that.

That is hilarious, Judy!

You are the queen of one liners!

But I am declaring a moratorium on sausage comments.

Thank you.

TCD

I don't have an explanation for the little door. LeFou is short, but I don't think he is that small. Or that he warrants having his own little personal door.

My oldest daughter reads your trip reports and wants to know when Twin #1 got her braces, she claims they are new (actually I think she noticed them in one of your last TRs).

Same thought here. Are those Sundek's?

I'm giving the nod to Twin 2 on the drawings.

I'm almost caught up. Another great report.

Thanks.

Those shorts reminded my of the old Zubaz pants. Were you born yet when those came out?

Yes, you totally delivered.

Thank you.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it so far.

Don't go anywhere, we are about to look at something brand new and previously unseen.

Wow. You have really enjoyed the pixie dust lately. I can't wait to see it myself and thru the eyes of my 5yr old daughter. She is going to be sooo excited to see her princesses. Thanks for the preview.

You are right- we have had some fun times lately.

I can only imagine what all of this would look like to a 5 year old. How fun!

Thank you and yes sir, on with the show! :dogsnicker:

OK, will do.

Feel free to chime in with any non-sausage comments when you like.

I don't have an explanation for the little door. LeFou is short, but I don't think he is that small. Or that he warrants having his own little personal door.

My oldest daughter reads your trip reports and wants to know when Twin #1 got her braces, she claims they are new (actually I think she noticed them in one of your last TRs).

Yes, that door is too small for LeFou, and I don't remember him having his own door. Plus, it isn't even on the tavern-it's on the gift shop. I don't remember anything about this from the movie. I will have to investigate. Another mystery to put on the TCD list of unsolved mysteries.

Your daughter is very observant. We have had an odd path with the twins' braces. Twin #2's teeth came in way faster than Twin #1's. So, she got her braces on a long time ago, and now has them off. Twin #1 wasn't ready for braces until this year. It worked out good for us, because I got to pay for one daughter at a time, but the poor girl is going to still have braces on when she goes to college. On the bright side, maybe that will keep the boys away. We did spring for the clear ones, and they are much less noticeable than Twin #2's were.

TCD

Great pictures of the girls! :heart:

Is it just the angle of the pic of you in that chair, or are your feet barely touching the floor?

If it they really are dangling, welcome to my world.

Great pictures of the girls! :heart:

Is it just the angle of the pic of you in that chair, or are your feet barely touching the floor?

If it they really are dangling, welcome to my world.

Yes, my feet didn't touch.

That Gaston is a big feller, you know. He's roughly the size of a barge.

Are you old enough to remember Edith Ann?

That's who I felt like.

TCD