TCD is Thankful for Thanksgiving @ The Fort 2012

Yes, "it has happened before" I too met TCD at The Hollywood Studios..........in line for TSM.

It is funny to look up and see someone that you feel like you "know" because you have read all the trip reports and seen so many photos. I remember when I first saw you, TCD, I looked around for a TCD twin, to make sure it was really you!!!! Once I saw them, I was like, "OMG, I am going to pass the FAMOUS TCD in line!!!!" Pretty exciting!!!

Then when you mentioned me in that trip report, I finally joined fortfiends...........hopefully the lady from Oklahoma will too!

See?

Lady from Oklahoma Heidi here joined the Fiends after I called her out invited her in a trip report.

So, what do you say?

Maybe I should change my name to Rebel & The Rest Meets TCD while street walkin...

You know, people who don't know what you're talking about are going to get the wrong idea from that statement.

You should change "street walkin . . ." to "standing in the 900 loop." Much less sweet and nasty.

Aha! Mystery solved!

Floor.jpg

Hoping only TCD understands what is going on in this photo.

I think it's a safe bet that there won't be many people who know what that is a photo of.

Good job!

That is the worst looking Belle I've ever seen.

I am a bit partial to this one, from our cruise on the Dream. IMO, she looks very sweet and "Belle like".

DSCN0264.JPG

Yours looks like a dude in drag. After seeing your photo of Belle, I think you should be happy those stairs dead ended.

Well compared to your Belle, mine does look a little sweet and nasty. Like a languid mermaid even.

Here's the thing- they need a lot of Belles. This Enchanted Tales with Belle runs all day long. All night too. And there are at least two libraries back there. That's a lot of Belles they need. Maybe sometimes they do have to put a dude in a dress and wig. The show must go on, you know?

Nice TR and nice work on the book page translation. And don't be too hard on Twin #2 for not being able to read it, as it doesn't appear to make much sense. That, or it is soft-core pictures of kitties, i.e. "Fifty Shades of Gray" kind of stuff. Sweet and nasty?

The French. :sad-emoticon-msn:

Oh well, At least I'm not bored.

?pictures of kitties? Damn you word filter!

LOL!

The French.

That explains it all.

:rofl2: I thought that too, but being an ugly old lady I didn't want to say it! Belle should look wholesome and sweet like this one:

DSCN0633.jpg

Man you had a nice looking Belle too.

I guess don't go late at night like we did.

Or you will get the sweet and nasty/languid mermaid/possible dude Belle.

TCD

• Replies 527
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK- I cry uncle!!! I am from Missouri - but Oklahoma was close. Our family had been in Pizza Planet at DHS when we saw you (my daughter noticing your girls first), everyone had to go to the bathroom

Send your daughters on Operation Beefcake for me!

"I think I might know something about this secret Hidden Mickey you mention. On one of our recent visits to the new Little Mermaid ride, there was an off duty CM walking through the queue with us. S

:rofl2: I thought that too, but being an ugly old lady I didn't want to say it! Belle should look wholesome and sweet like this one:

DSCN0633.jpg

this is the Belle we got.

You know, people who don't know what you're talking about are going to get the wrong idea from that statement.

You should change "street walkin . . ." to "standing in the 900 loop." Much less sweet and nasty.

it's called over compensation or technical truth

over compensation for what was a 45 second meeting (due to it being so late in the day and I was in the middle of another conversation)

or technical truth (you were walking down the street)

or since it originally appeared in CCIntrigue's (aka) Gwen's report it did sound more intriguing

but the truth... just making sure you are paying attention

I don't know, Dave, I kind of like the Fantasyland Belle. She looks a little bad, and I like that in a French maid.

You always seem to sneak in a subtle little nugget that gives me a chuckle. This time it was the Jerry reference from parks and recreation. That show is a bit unknown but is almost guaranteed to bring a weekly laugh. However, I'm more of a Ron Swanson fan.

LOL!

There are some great lines in that translation. I like this one: "I'm thinking of things that I feel both sweet and nasty." LOL!

TCD

:)) I have a feeling that translation will provide endless entertainment for the fiends. I also believe you when you say you like that line... as it has been showing up in other updates. Proof positive that I don't just look at the photos. ;)

Very fun TR you got going here!

She got that book at the bookstore that day. As for it being racy, I guess that explains why it's her favorite and she's read it twice.

:lmao1: Ohhhhhh Lawdy!!!!!! hahahaha!!!

All this talk about Belle has me thinking of another question. If she is French why is her akershus in Norway?

For the same reason Pinocchio took place in Italy but Pinocchio's Village Haus is spelled the way Germans would spell it and they play German background music there.

Yes, TCD, our Sanford is named after Sanford Stadium where Georgia plays. It's named after Steadman Sanford who was the university president who originally had the stadium built.

Sanford is a 2 year old yellow lab. But don't tell him that. He thinks he's a lap dog.

Love the book references. I may need a cold shower now. :rofl2:

"mom jeans" :yourekillinme:

I know. Whoever said it was like a French 50 Shades of Gray was on the money.

Yeah, I wear mom jeans. It's a good thing I have the girls around to constantly inform me of how uncool I am. I don't know what I'm going to do when they are all off at college. I guess I'm going to mess up and think I'm cool.

They didn't hand out the forks, mrs potts, or the wardrobe on our visit....hmmmm

Hmmm indeed. I think we have had Mrs. Potts and Chip in every performance we have attended. And Wardrobe. But the sliverware was new. I also remember a salt and pepper shaker. This all leads to a question I haven't thought about. The show is narrated by Lumiere, and the actors follow his lead. If the cast changes, then Lumiere's part must not be recorded. Is there a castmember who provides his voice for each show? Or do they have different versions of the show that they can choose to play? I will need to study this the next time I go.

it's called over compensation or technical truth

over compensation for what was a 45 second meeting (due to it being so late in the day and I was in the middle of another conversation)

or technical truth (you were walking down the street)

or since it originally appeared in CCIntrigue's (aka) Gwen's report it did sound more intriguing

but the truth... just making sure you are paying attention

Yep, all of that is true.

I just am not sure if it's good to say that you met me while street walking.

I don't know, Dave, I kind of like the Fantasyland Belle. She looks a little bad, and I like that in a French maid.

I agree. While I agree the photos don't look so good, I really didn't think we had a bad Belle. I thought she was fine. I have made it this far in life without being fooled by a dude in a dress, so I can say with relative certaintyl that this was a lady in the dress.

You always seem to sneak in a subtle little nugget that gives me a chuckle. This time it was the Jerry reference from parks and recreation. That show is a bit unknown but is almost guaranteed to bring a weekly laugh. However, I'm more of a Ron Swanson fan.

Ah, yes, I love Ron Swanson too.

I don't think any of us ever watched that show until it was in its third season. I kept on hearing how it won awards and such, so we all finally gave it a try and were hooked after just one episode.

It's a show that my whole family can watch together. Consistently funny.

:)) I have a feeling that translation will provide endless entertainment for the fiends. I also believe you when you say you like that line... as it has been showing up in other updates. Proof positive that I don't just look at the photos. ;)

Very fun TR you got going here!

Good to know that you are one of the few who doesn't just look at the photos.

On rare occasion, there is a small nugget of humor in a TCD trip report.

So, thanks for reading and not just looking at the pictures.

Great report! Can't wait till Christmas to see new fantasyland and all the new stuff at the castle. Keep the reports coming please

Good to hear you get to go for Christmas. It is an awesome time to go!

Not to worry, I'll keep the reports coming! It looks like this one is going to take me a while, and I am hoping to squeeze in a day trip soon.

All this talk about Belle has me thinking of another question. If she is French why is her akershus in Norway?

Cause it's the only "castle" available in Epcot?

For the same reason Pinocchio took place in Italy but Pinocchio's Village Haus is spelled the way Germans would spell it and they play German background music there.

Funny stuff. What I don't know is if Belle is still going to be at the Princess Breakfast in Norway. Is she? And, they used to serve frankfurters and sauerkraut in PVH, so I understand why they went German there, but now it's Meatball subs and Pasta, so maybe they need to change the sign?

TCD

Yes, TCD, our Sanford is named after Sanford Stadium where Georgia plays. It's named after Steadman Sanford who was the university president who originally had the stadium built.

Sanford is a 2 year old yellow lab. But don't tell him that. He thinks he's a lap dog.

I figured that. Maybe I will name our next dog Swampy.

I love Labs. They are great dogs.

If we ever get the chance, we should get Sanford and Rocky together. Rocky will be three in February. He is friends with some Goldens and Labs. I'll bet they would have a blast. Why don't you teach Sanford how to play tetherball?

Last report was sidetracked by sausage this time sweet and nasty. Sweet and nasty sausage, I love it!

Sausage!

Man, we were going along fine here, and you had to bring up sausage!

Oy!

I am not going there!

:rofl2: And people wonder why I have a special place in my heart for TCD.

I wonder too.

My vote is for a Troll and TCD joint report!

Now, there's a great idea!

Mr. and Mrs. Troll invited me over for a beer, but I never got the chance to take them up on it.

I know if me and Troll had a few beers and shot the bull, we could solve a lot of the world's problems.

TCD

OK, we are finally ready to move forward.

It is now Tuesday morning already. Time flies at the Fort, that's for sure.

But, don't worry, Tuesday is only the second of the five mornings on this trip. There is still plenty trip report left.

I was up a bit before the sun this morning, and got to watch the sunrise along with my blow-up friends. Check it out, it's the TCD version of Easter Island:

Thanksgiving2012172.jpg

Do you like how I set all my blowups to face the rising sun to the east?

Actually, this was the only place to put them on my site.

From the TCD Sunrise Over series . . .

Sunrise Over Gator Butt:

Thanksgiving2012173.jpg

Sunrise Over Turkey Butt:

Thanksgiving2012174.jpg

Sunrise Over Nole Butt:

Thanksgiving2012175.jpg

Enough of that.

It was time to go out for a look around.

If you are a regular TCD TR reader, I'll bet you can guess where I am heading next.

How about you lady from Oklahoma, do you know?

Did anyone guess that we are going to my favorite spot?

If so, you guessed right.

I headed around the 300 loop.

Guess who was there?:

Thanksgiving2012176.jpg

Take a closer look:

GH.jpg

It's Grumpy and Happy!

Isn't that nice.

Hang on a second.

That's two dudes.

Sharing a camper.

Like Bert and Ernie?

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

In fact, Life is Good for Grumpy and Happy:

Thanksgiving2012177.jpg

Here's something suspicious- as I headed toward the back exit of the 300 Loop, this white pickup truck came driving out:

Thanksgiving2012178.jpg

It doesn't look like an official Disney vehicle.

So, who was that?

Very suspcious.

That photo also has a bonus shot of a Fiend campsite.

Anybody know whose?

Ahhhh:

Thanksgiving2012179.jpg

I love that view. At sunrise, you can barely see the cranes from the new Four Seasons resort.

Here's the dam and the dam fence:

Thanksgiving2012180.jpg

And, there's the metal pilgrim hat that we looked at in the last TCD TR:

Thanksgiving2012181.jpg

There seemed to be something different here from the last time I was out here just a month ago:

Thanksgiving2012182.jpg

Do you see how there is no barbed wire on the top of the dam fence?

I could have sworn there was barbed wire there last month.

But, why would they put up barbed wire, and then take it down?

Well, it turns out I was right.

Here's a couple of photos of the dam fence from just last month:

FW101812194.jpg

FW101812195.jpg

What The Fort?

Why put up all that barbed wire and then take it down?

Did the guy in the white pickup truck steal it?

And why is that dam fence there anyway.

We'll get to that in a second.

First, take a look over there across the canal:

Thanksgiving2012183.jpg

Do you see what I see?

I don't think you can without a little help.

How about now? :

183zoom.jpg

Do you see the deer?

How many?

There are four.

Look:

183zoom1.jpg

Let's try that all over again- here's another picture- do you see the deer? :

Thanksgiving2012184.jpg

Here's some help:

184zoom.jpg

184zoom1.jpg

Cool.

Even though the photos make it look like it was hard to see the deer, it wasn't. I stood there on the bridge by the dam fence and watched them for a while.

Then they were gone:

Thanksgiving2012185.jpg

Let's get back to that dam fence.

Why is the dam fence here?

To keep people off the dam dam?

Then why don't they lock the dam fence gates? :

Thanksgiving2012186.jpg

Thanksgiving2012187.jpg

There is one dam lock on the dam equipment, but it doesn't look like it would be very hard to open it if anyone wanted to:

Thanksgiving2012189.jpg

As I discussed in my last TR, all of this dam stuff is a dam mystery to me. Why is this dam stuff here?

There's a label on a piece of the dam equipment. The metal pilgrim hat is wired to this piece. Here's what the label looks like:

Thanksgiving2012188.jpg

I could read a bit more of the label than the photo suggests. There is a phone number there toward the bottom right that I was able to make out. It has a 407 area code, so this piece isn't all that old. I could also read an address in Orlando at the bottom center of the label, and over to the left of that, it says "science for a changing world." What the heck is this?

Well, that phone number is 407-803-5500. If you google that number, this site comes up:

http://fl.water.usgs.gov/index.html

If you take a look at that site, you will find that it belongs to the United States Geological Survey (USGS) Florida Water Science Center. And we can see their logo:

header_graphic_usgsIdentifier_white.jpg

To which I say, WTF?

What does the US Government have to do with a canal in Disney World?

My tax dollars at work?

This does explain one thing.

This dam fence definitely seems to be the work of government contractors. Even the dingalings that work at the Fort don't screw up stuff this bad.

So that metal pilgrim hat is probably some kind of government monitoring equipment and not really a metal pilgrim hat.

We are getting closer to solving this mystery.

If anyone wants to read all the government doublespeak on that website and report back, feel free.

For now, though, we need to move on.

So, have you heard about the black bear problem at the Fort?

They are roaming the Fort and attacking guests.

Or something like that.

Well, as I was standing there on the dam dam looking at the dam fence and all the dam stuff, I saw something out of the corner of my eye. It was some kind of animal over there near my favorite spot. Look:

Thanksgiving2012190.jpg

Do you see that?

Here's a closer look:

dog.jpg

What the Fort?

That's not a bear.

It's a dog.

In a shirt.

Look:

dog1.jpg

So, it's not a bear.

But why is there a dog in a shirt walking around my favorite spot?

Dogs aren't allowed back here.

And why is that dog wearing a shirt?

Did the guy in the white pick up truck leave him here?

I headed that way to check it out.

We will pick it up from there in the next update.

TCD