Carol is in a Two-Week Fort Fantasyland!

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calories are non existant at the "World"!!!!!!! :rofl2:

Wednesday, December 5th OK, now it's time to show something nobody else on Fort Fiends has reported on. Today, I decided to go see Wreck It Ralph! I also decided to try the Dine In Theater I went to

Well, the pics are now uploaded to Photobucket, so let me get this trip report started!!! This was definitely a fantasyland trip for me, and a looooong awaited trip. I had been coming to the Fort sol

Time to continue on.

As you can see, I didn't quite make it inside the park for the MK fireworks. But I did get some pics as I was walking from the Contemporary to the MK

IMG_6120.jpg

IMG_6124.jpg

IMG_6137.jpg

IMG_6138.jpg

I decided to get myself on over to Epcot, so I hopped on the Ferry

IMG_6141.jpg

IMG_6142.jpg

IMG_6146.jpg

They were running 3 ferrys that night, so we docked at the alternate dock

IMG_6160.jpg

IMG_6175.jpg

Now I'm on the monorail arriving at Epcot

IMG_6179.jpg

I grabbed some dinner at Electric Umbrella and wandered over to the DSA near where World Showcase and Future World meet over near Mexico

It's not the best location, but was comfortable for me. Had a seat, and a decent enough view

IMG_6201.jpg

IMG_6209.jpg

IMG_6243.jpg

IMG_6257.jpg

IMG_6325.jpg

What I really came to see was the Holiday ending which is spectacular!

IMG_6423.jpg

IMG_6432.jpg

IMG_6442.jpg

IMG_6449.jpg

IMG_6462.jpg

IMG_6477.jpg

IMG_6529.jpg

IMG_6550.jpg

IMG_6615.jpg

IMG_6620.jpg

IMG_6622.jpg

You have to be there to realized how massive this is. The background music for this is "Let There Be Peace On Earth" One of my friends is often quoted as saying "nothing says Peace on Earth like massive amounts of pyrotechnics"

More to come.

I just realized something while reading through this report. Every time I think of going to Disney World (or really vacation) I think of going with my family. Planning around what everyone would want to do. The thought of going alone never crossed my mind. Reading through this and realizing the freedom you have to go and do what you want and when has me dreaming of a solo trip.

Nobody wake me up just yet. :sleep:

Great pics Carol.

That wet my appetite for Dec 2013!

Looking forward to more; especially the resort wanderer pics!

Thanks for reading!!! I should be there early December next year also!!! Hope to spend some time with ya'll!!

I just realized something while reading through this report. Every time I think of going to Disney World (or really vacation) I think of going with my family. Planning around what everyone would want to do. The thought of going alone never crossed my mind. Reading through this and realizing the freedom you have to go and do what you want and when has me dreaming of a solo trip.

Nobody wake me up just yet. :sleep:

It is an entirely different experience!!!

Well, you made it to the MK and Epcot fireworks! Good job!

I also enjoyed the holiday ending to Illuminations- it is something that has to be seen to appreciate.

TCD

Yep, "two out of 3 ain't bad" :)

Well, it looks like I went back into Magic Kingdom after coming back from Epcot. Probably to play some more Sorceror's (I got hooked on Sorceror's this trip)

I also had some fun with castle pictures

IMG_6652.jpg

IMG_6654.jpg

IMG_6658.jpg

IMG_6659.jpg

IMG_6661.jpg

IMG_6662.jpg

Peeked in through the closed door on the Merida meet and greet

IMG_6663.jpg

Stopped in to watch Sonny Eclipse for a bit

IMG_6669.jpg

Back out on Main Street

IMG_6670.jpg

I think this is the most unique Sorceror's portal of all of them

IMG_6675.jpg

On my way out

IMG_6676.jpg

IMG_6677.jpg

IMG_6678.jpg

IMG_6679.jpg

I took the bus to WL, then transferred to the Fort, don't remember why, maybe cause my cart was at the other end? not sure.

IMG_6680.jpg

And that is all..... Nighty Night!!!!!

On this trip I had a bit of freedom while in the parks when the family went to ride or see things I could not (3D) and I would go ride things they didn't want to. It does make the trip fun and interesting to be alone and do only what you want to do but I can't imagine having Carol's amount of alone time ...

On this trip I had a bit of freedom while in the parks when the family went to ride or see things I could not (3D) and I would go ride things they didn't want to. It does make the trip fun and interesting to be alone and do only what you want to do but I can't imagine having Carol's amount of alone time ...

It's really quite fun!! While I love having my family along, it makes for a different kind of trip for sure!!

Time for more trip report!!

Tuesday, December 4th

I have a quest to try a new restaurant at WDW most trips. Be Our Guest was new for me this trip, but I also wanted to try something else. So today I decided to try Paradiso 37. Most of the dishes don't appeal to me, but there were a couple I thought I could eat, so off I go to DTD.

This was later in the afternoon. I spent most of the morning sleeping in and chillin at the camper, since I was out pretty late the night before.

I hop on a DTD bus and get off at the PI stop.

Strolling toward Paradiso 37.

It looks like they have found a place to put some of the F&W booths when not in use at Epcot

IMG_6682.jpg

IMG_6683.jpg

IMG_6684.jpg

IMG_6685.jpg

IMG_6686.jpg

I decided to take a table outside. It was a beautiful day!

IMG_6686.jpg

IMG_6687.jpg

IMG_6688.jpg

IMG_6689.jpg

IMG_6691.jpg

IMG_6692.jpg

This is my lunch

IMG_6693.jpg

I'm guessing this was the:

Columbian Style Crispy Hen: Onions, Garlic, Lemon, Fresh Citrus Marmalade, Grilled Corn Cakes and Roasted Seasonal Vegetables

IMG_6694.jpg

It was pretty tasty, and they do take Tables in Wonderland.

I then wandered DTD some and got a few pics

Empty and abandoned buildings

IMG_6695.jpg

IMG_6696.jpg

IMG_6698.jpg

DTD Christmas decorations are definitely different

IMG_6697.jpg

IMG_6699.jpg

IMG_6700.jpg

IMG_6702.jpg

IMG_6705.jpg

IMG_6706.jpg

IMG_6707.jpg

Work continues on the Rainforest volcano

IMG_6701.jpg

Lots of work on still to do on the Splitsville Lanes. There was a press event in just a couple of days. If the artwork is any indication, none of the neon had been installed yet.

IMG_6703.jpg

IMG_6704.jpg

From my next pictures it looks like I went back to the Fort, then got on a boat later that evening. Where do I go? (I honestly don't remember), so we'll see where the pictures take us in the next update!!

Coming soon!

DTD has always seemed to me a place Disney doesn't know what to do with. It was originally supposed to be so much more than just restaurants and gift shops.

Yes, I think the West Side being on the opposite side of the "gated" Pleasure Island messed them up. Folks were not going to West Side, and then when they "opened" the pathways at PI, that was the beginning of the end. However, just read today that there may be a glimmer of hope for DTD.

Caught up. Great pix of DTD.

Thanks!!

Agreed.

And that reminds me:

Is that Hyperion Wharf thing still on?

Maybe they announced something else that I am not remembering?

Is anything else new on the horizon?

TCD

Hyperion Wharf is dead. Right now, there is NOTHING being done..... BUT....

interesting seeing new things added to dd while other buildings remain empty.....

Yes it is....

I have read today, that with the management move around, DTD is getting a new manager also, so maybe something will come of it.

http://www.savepleasureisland.blogspot.com/2013/01/pi-update-there-is-finally-hope-on.html

Now that I've glanced through my next bunch of pictures, I remember what I did this evening, so let's continue on, shall we...

I obviously went back to the Fort after DTD, and now I'm at the boat dock heading for MK. I'm pretty sure I was heading to grab another set of Sorceror's cards....

IMG_6708.jpg

The sky this evening was georgeous!!!

IMG_6709.jpg

IMG_6710.jpg

IMG_6711.jpg

IMG_6712.jpg

IMG_6713.jpg

IMG_6714.jpg

IMG_6715.jpg

Some folks on the boat offered to take a picture of me with my camera. I rarely use flash with my camera, probably should have turned it on for this one.

IMG_6716.jpg

IMG_6717.jpg

IMG_6718.jpg

IMG_6719.jpg

IMG_6720.jpg

IMG_6721.jpg

IMG_6722.jpg

IMG_6723.jpg

IMG_6724.jpg

IMG_6726.jpg

IMG_6729.jpg

IMG_6730.jpg

IMG_6731.jpg

IMG_6732.jpg

IMG_6734.jpg

IMG_6737.jpg

IMG_6739.jpg

Tonite was a Christmas party and the time was just before 6pm. I knew the fire station closed 1 hour before park closing for Sorceror's cards, but for some reason thought the Christmas Shop location was open longer.

I entered the park, and the fire station was already closed....FAIL, I hoofed it back to the Christmas shop for Sorceror's cards, and they too were closed, but were gonna reopen at 7 for Christmas Party folks. You had to have a ticket or wristband to get cards during the Christmas Party..... FAIL TWICE!!! So I started heading out, and stopped at the DSA near Dole Whip, and saw this neat lighting in the bushes.

IMG_6740.jpg

IMG_6741.jpg

Then, since it was early and I was really wanting to see Art of Animation after dark, I headed that way

That is coming in the next update....

FYI, I am about 1/3 of the way through my stack of pictures for this TR!!! (Aren't ya'll excited that there are that many pics left!!!)

However, just read today that there may be a glimmer of hope for DTD.

It's not like DTD is on the ropes. Lots of people go there even though development of PI is being delayed.

Yes, if you're at the MP, you may or may not wonder over to the West Side, but lots of people go directly to the West Side.

As for PI, it's the smallest area of the three and it's not a complete ghost town. There are three table service restaurants, one quick service, and four shops there. They'll figure out what to do.

Also don't judge how well it's doing based on what you see during the daytime, it's much busier at night and weekends.

Bus activity at DTD during closing rivals that of the parks, and have you tried to find a parking spot during the busy times of the year?

It's also where locals that live in the DTD vicinity go. That's where we go for movies and shopping for Disney crap.