BEL13VE in Magic: The TCD Gang Rings in 2013 at The Fort

• Replies 688
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you gotta look under their Dee Dums………. bahahaha Sorry TCD I seem to cause your TR's to go south a little too often! That wee little Jimmy Johnson fan is rubbing off on me!

Just got on the magic express to the Fort. It seems more exciting to be on the way to the Fort while reading.

Are they really building a bouncy house castle over there?

I hope they are still there when it re-opens as the Seattle Cartel but I am not holding my breath.

Let's get the correct info out there. The Main Street Bakery is not closing permanently. It's being refurbished. It will reopen with the same name and theming.

It will also continue to serve what it has been serving. The difference will be that it will also be a Starbucks location and it will offer Starbucks coffee and other items.

I had heard people speculate what you are saying before now Lou (inc from wdwradio podcast that i posted on FF awhile back), but i had never read anything definitive. Thanks for clearing it up though. I am glad to know the rolls of awesomeness will still be available when the cartel opens.

I had heard people speculate what you are saying before now Lou, but i had never read anything definitive.

Below is a direct quote from the Disney Parks Blog.

UPDATE 11/12:

Here’s some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items.

The girls had snagged some Space Mountain Fastpasses when they were in the MK that afternoon, and they were good from between 9 and 10.

Good thing they got them.

Check out the stand-by time at 9:56 pm:

NYE2012014.jpg

In case you're slow, 180 minutes is three hours.

Would anyone in his right mind wait three hours to ride Space Mountain?

Well, there were people getting in the stand-by line.

That danged hidden camera caught us off guard and in a candid pose again:

NYE2012015.jpg

Whoa Whoa Whoa, This is the second time I've seen this and now I have to ask HOW?!?!?! Two people go in, Three people end up with FastPasses..... Disney Magic?

Glad we were able to meet too! That was "show my parents the best 24 hours at the Fort" time, so we were really packing it in. We did a ton. Including hunt you down. Very important. We met so many fiends in the 24 hours my parents were there that I think they were starting to wonder about us. Who are these people? Why do they know all of these things about you? Is this where you met those folks you went to Key West with? What's really going on with that website of yours...

Sorry we didn't get to meet up again, it was super nice of you to offer to show us how our pop up works, so thanks for that. Maybe we'll run into each other again soon. Still gotta figure out a few things...water heater, potty, bike rack, strange noise coming from underneath (like a fan, we are thinking cooling)...you get the idea.

We also enjoyed our first Magic Hat at MD's site that night. Very good. The next night we did a tasting of all of the Shipyards. Good times.

I got there on the fourth and did the same thing, but the 800 loop site 841. The lady showed me the super secret book and we picked this one because we like the dog walk. Although I have a question. Did some manager guy come by and ask how you got your spot. I was Also directed to the overflow and went there but there was no parking. So we sat around in a lane for 15 minutes. Then I drove back and the site was emptied. I backed in set up the camper and blew off the site, I keep an electric blower in the camper. At about 230 somebody came by and asked me if I was planning on leaving. I stated I just finished setting up. Then he gave me some mambo jumbo on how that was not allowed. I stated we waited till after 1 never got a text and came to the site. Wa la it was empty. He then asked how I knew which site I had I told him that I requested it from when I was there a month earlier and that she told us it was available and ours. I guess that was a no no. He stated they weren't allowed to give us site numbers. I apologized. He said no problem and was very courteous about asking if we wanted them to clean the site . I said no thanks and off he went. Was wondering if they had asked u the same questions

To answer your earlier question...we only went to AK twice once on 12/7 when we saw Carol (but didn't say Hi, soorry Carol) and when our passes expired on 1/5 just to take pics of the AK tree. In 10 years we have never taken a real pic of the tree just the carvings. We'll be at the Fort for marathon weeekend for DH and his dad, uncle and aunt to run the full marathon.

Glad my memory is still good after 31 years. It was most humiliating at the time to dance with Tweedle Dee. Glad there are no photos of it!

TCD,

It was not mentioned yet, but thank you for the gift you brought me. You have to come over and help me finish it one night now that my crazy holiday hours are done.

Second,

Far be it for me to correct the great TCD in his trip report, but, the proper theme is BEL13VE in Magic. The I should be the number 1.

We made it in to our class with no problem. Our animator was Brian- who is our favorite. Brian usually lets the audience make suggestions and then has everyone vote. But today he said we were drawing Jiminy Cricket. No debate, that's just the way it was.

Here's Brian's finished drawing:

122212207.jpg

Next, we hit TOT- the sun was setting and the building looked cool in that light:

122212210.jpg

We love the canopy that they have hanging over the side street, but check out the crowds. It sure would be nice to visit the Osborne Lights some time when it isn't this crowded, but when would that be? :

122212225.jpg

TCD

Your drawings aren't bad and getting better, we got to draw Jiminy with Brian on one of our trips. Love that attraction, thanks for sharing your pictures it is really fun to see you guys enjoy that.

Awesome picture of the TOT, award winning lighting you have there!! Love it, I almost can feel my stomach lurching in anticipation.

We shared your desire to be at the canopy without a crowd as well. As luck would have it in 2011 on Thanksgiving night we had eaten dinner at the Hollywood Derby and were late getting out of there due to the place being so busy. The park had just closed but we headed to the lights, well...they keep them on at least an hour after closing and we had the whole display to ourselves basically. The park had emptied or most people were at Fantasmic.The CM's were super nice and chatty. We were able to get this picture and we liked it so much it was our Christmas card that year. Not a single other visitor in the picture we couldn't believe it.

DisneyThanksgiving2011153_zpsf415a60c.jpg

Sorry to hijack your thread with a pix of my own but it is one of our favorite memories I wanted to revisit.

YC...Eric

Nice getting to see the fireworks early. I forgot about the cinnamon buns while we were there too. So much I missed.

Yes, seeing the NYE fireworks on 12/30 is great. They do the same thing for the 4th of July (show the whole show on July 3rd). It is much less crowded the night before.

Don't feel bad about missing the cinnamon buns. We had heard people rave about them for years, but just tried them for the first time in 2012. There are cinnamon buns all over WDW, but the Main Street Bakery ones are like no others.

I missed the cinnamon rolls too. I really wanted one of those too

Well, head your caravan back toward WDW and get yourself one, then.

I am super hungry too.

Glad to hear you got a good camp site.

However, I should warn you, Mr. Lou is going to call you out on the improper use of Disney Catch Phrase.

No worries about Lou correcting me- he doesn't read trip reports.

I just bought purple, green, gold lights for our camper to decorate for Mardi Gras…. I can see now, I'm going to have to put closed top fire pit on the "Need" list.

Good job on the lights.

The CM's who delivered the firewood told me that the fire pit on the site they were visiting was from Walmart, and that they were on sale at the time.

Cinnamon rolls....ooey gooey goodness.

Sadly the bakery will be closed when we arrive.

I hope they are still there when it re-opens as the Seattle Cartel but I am not holding my breath.

You can still get something that looks and tastes like the Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Rolls at Gaston's Tavern. In my opinion, they are inferior, but they are still pretty good.

Let's get the correct info out there. The Main Street Bakery is not closing permanently. It's being refurbished. It will reopen with the same name and theming.

It will also continue to serve what it has been serving. The difference will be that it will also be a Starbucks location and it will offer Starbucks coffee and other items.

I'm not so sure about that, Great One.

If you take a look at the whole brouhaha the announcent spawned on the Official Disney Parks Blog, they were very evasive about saying what items would be sold once Starbucks takes over.

Here's the link for anyone who wants to read it for him or herself: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2012/11/starbucks-locations-at-magic-kingdom-park-epcot-set-to-open-next-year/ If you haven't read it, check out the comments where guests go ape, and the bloggers back-peddle. Good stuff.

Personally, I don't see them continuing to serve cinnamon rolls at two locations. There is no need to do that. So I am predicting right now that the Main Street ones will never be seen again, except in the form of what they serve at Gaston's Tavern.

I had heard people speculate what you are saying before now Lou (inc from wdwradio podcast that i posted on FF awhile back), but i had never read anything definitive. Thanks for clearing it up though. I am glad to know the rolls of awesomeness will still be available when the cartel opens.

As I said above, if you read everything in context, there still is no definitive answer about the fate of the Main Street Bakery Cinnamon Rolls.

Love the fireworks shots!

Also thanks for the info on the fire wood. I've added it to the Info page about "Approved Fire Pits" :thumbsup3:

http://www.fortfiend...-wilderness-r57

Good job, Mo.

I knew that they would deliver firewood to the group camping area, but I never knew for sure that they delivered to camp sites.

Below is a direct quote from the Disney Parks Blog.

UPDATE 11/12:

Here’s some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items.

Well, if you take a look at the link I posted above, the whole statement is:

UPDATE 11/12: Here’s some additional information about our Walt Disney World Resort Starbucks locations. The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming when it reopens in early summer. It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items. And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.

Notice how it says the Main Street Bakery will "continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes." They could have said cinnamon rolls there too, as in the comments many guests ask about these specifically. But, they point out that they're available at Gaston's Tavern. I think they are avoiding the issue, and that the cinnamon rolls are not coming back. We will know for sure, one way or the other later this year.

TCD

Whoa Whoa Whoa, This is the second time I've seen this and now I have to ask HOW?!?!?! Two people go in, Three people end up with FastPasses..... Disney Magic?

Sorry, but that is a trade secret.

It's not hard to do if you bel13ve in magic.

Glad we were able to meet too! That was "show my parents the best 24 hours at the Fort" time, so we were really packing it in. We did a ton. Including hunt you down. Very important. We met so many fiends in the 24 hours my parents were there that I think they were starting to wonder about us. Who are these people? Why do they know all of these things about you? Is this where you met those folks you went to Key West with? What's really going on with that website of yours...

Sorry we didn't get to meet up again, it was super nice of you to offer to show us how our pop up works, so thanks for that. Maybe we'll run into each other again soon. Still gotta figure out a few things...water heater, potty, bike rack, strange noise coming from underneath (like a fan, we are thinking cooling)...you get the idea.

We also enjoyed our first Magic Hat at MD's site that night. Very good. The next night we did a tasting of all of the Shipyards. Good times.

I did ride by your place a couple of times while visiting Fiends in the 1600 loop, but y'all were never there.

That fan you hear is probably the fan in the fuse box. Mine comes on whenever the lights are turned on in the camper. There is some kind of converter box in there, and it apparently needs to be kept cool.

I am sure we will catch each other at the Fort some other time, and I can give your DH the cassette potty lesson. I'll try to help with the water heater, but mine never worked right, and I found we really didn't need it at the Fort, so I haven't used mine in years.

We may disagree on football teams, but I'm pretty sure that sounds like heaven.

Agreed. We're all Fiends. Who we cheer for on Saturdays in the Fall isn't that important.

I got there on the fourth and did the same thing, but the 800 loop site 841. The lady showed me the super secret book and we picked this one because we like the dog walk. Although I have a question. Did some manager guy come by and ask how you got your spot. I was Also directed to the overflow and went there but there was no parking. So we sat around in a lane for 15 minutes. Then I drove back and the site was emptied. I backed in set up the camper and blew off the site, I keep an electric blower in the camper. At about 230 somebody came by and asked me if I was planning on leaving. I stated I just finished setting up. Then he gave me some mambo jumbo on how that was not allowed. I stated we waited till after 1 never got a text and came to the site. Wa la it was empty. He then asked how I knew which site I had I told him that I requested it from when I was there a month earlier and that she told us it was available and ours. I guess that was a no no. He stated they weren't allowed to give us site numbers. I apologized. He said no problem and was very courteous about asking if we wanted them to clean the site . I said no thanks and off he went. Was wondering if they had asked u the same questions

Interesting.

Giving out site numbers used to be a huge no-no. But, this has happened to us a couple of times now. On our Thanksgiving visit, we had reserved a premium spot, and asked for the 400 loop. When we checked in, which was around 1 pm, the CM told me we could have a specific site on 400 and gave me the number, but told me the guest had not quite left the site yet (at 1 pm!). I didn't know what was going on there, and didn't want to wait around to see if and when the guest would leave, so we took a site that was ready on 800.

On this trip, no manager came by, but the loop attendant did drive by several times. He finally stopped and asked if I had just arrived. I thought it was obvious that I was setting up and not breaking down. He said he was supposed to clean the site. I said don't worry about it, it's perfect, and if anyone asks me I'll tell them you did a great job. He was fine with that. Nobody else ever came around, and I did get a text around 2:30 telling me my site was ready and to come to the office to get the number. I'm glad I didn't have to do that. I thought they would have texted me my site #.

They sure make things a lot more difficult than they need to be around there.

To answer your earlier question...we only went to AK twice once on 12/7 when we saw Carol (but didn't say Hi, soorry Carol) and when our passes expired on 1/5 just to take pics of the AK tree. In 10 years we have never taken a real pic of the tree just the carvings. We'll be at the Fort for marathon weeekend for DH and his dad, uncle and aunt to run the full marathon.

Glad my memory is still good after 31 years. It was most humiliating at the time to dance with Tweedle Dee. Glad there are no photos of it!

Marathon weekend?

That's this coming weekend, isn't it?

Have fun!

I'm wondering the same thing. Is it because you have APs?

As I said above, trade secret. Bel13ve in magic!

TCD,

It was not mentioned yet, but thank you for the gift you brought me. You have to come over and help me finish it one night now that my crazy holiday hours are done.

Second,

Far be it for me to correct the great TCD in his trip report, but, the proper theme is BEL13VE in Magic. The I should be the number 1.

Dave-

Thanks- I went and corrected my title. Back in my day, a one and a capital letter i looked the same. But, I see they are, indeed different. You are right-good catch!

Hopefully, I'll be back at the Fort sometime soon, and we can hang out and have a beer.

Wow. It is not good to fall behind on a TCD TR. I can't possibly comment on everything I'd like to comment on but there's one thing that I can't NOT comment on.

Lights on the Barrels! Genius!

I thought some of you Wild Womenz would appreciate the new lighting on the barrel. Have fun!

Your drawings aren't bad and getting better, we got to draw Jiminy with Brian on one of our trips. Love that attraction, thanks for sharing your pictures it is really fun to see you guys enjoy that.

Awesome picture of the TOT, award winning lighting you have there!! Love it, I almost can feel my stomach lurching in anticipation.

We shared your desire to be at the canopy without a crowd as well. As luck would have it in 2011 on Thanksgiving night we had eaten dinner at the Hollywood Derby and were late getting out of there due to the place being so busy. The park had just closed but we headed to the lights, well...they keep them on at least an hour after closing and we had the whole display to ourselves basically. The park had emptied or most people were at Fantasmic.The CM's were super nice and chatty. We were able to get this picture and we liked it so much it was our Christmas card that year. Not a single other visitor in the picture we couldn't believe it.

DisneyThanksgiving2011153_zpsf415a60c.jpg

Sorry to hijack your thread with a pix of my own but it is one of our favorite memories I wanted to revisit.

YC...Eric

Eric-

That is an awesome story, and a great photo!

As I menitoned earlier in a response to Monique, I was kidding around with the comment about wanting to see the Osborne Lights with no crowds. We did get a chance to do that on this trip. I'll have some photos from that later. It is very cool to have the feeling of having the place to yourself, and you can see some details that you miss when the place is packed.

I've trained her well.

Yes you have. You've done a good job with all your girls. I feel bad that I spooked Izzy. I thought it was awesome that she was there on the porch in the morning to do some reading.

TCD

That fan you hear is probably the fan in the fuse box. Mine comes on whenever the lights are turned on in the camper. There is some kind of converter box in there, and it apparently needs to be kept cool.

TCD

I can confirm it is part of the converter/charger that is in your camper. The converter takes the battery powered items in your camper and converts them to 110 when you are plugged up. It is also the battery charger. So when you are using things such as lights that use a lot of battery power, then the fan kicks on charging your battery. It probably also houses the 110 circuit breakers in your camper and the 12V fuses.

I can confirm it is part of the converter/charger that is in your camper. The converter takes the battery powered items in your camper and converts them to 110 when you are plugged up. It is also the battery charger. So when you are using things such as lights that use a lot of battery power, then the fan kicks on charging your battery. It probably also houses the 110 circuit breakers in your camper and the 12V fuses.

Yup, and the fan comes on in my camper even though I don't have any batteries connected to they system. Whenever the lights are on, the fan is on. If I just have stuff plugged in to the outlets, though, and leave the camper lights off, the fan stays off.

TCD

Notice how it says the Main Street Bakery will "continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes." They could have said cinnamon rolls there too, as in the comments many guests ask about these specifically. But, they point out that they're available at Gaston's Tavern. I think they are avoiding the issue, and that the cinnamon rolls are not coming back. We will know for sure, one way or the other later this year.

TCD

I picked up on the exact same omission. They specifically didn't mentioned cinnamon rolls, even though they are the most popular single items at the bakery. My first thought when they mentioned "cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes" is that EVERY Starbucks sells cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, so they might just be replacing the mass-produced Disney baked goods with the mass-produced Starbucks baked goods.

I picked up on the exact same omission. They specifically didn't mentioned cinnamon rolls, even though they are the most popular single items at the bakery. My first thought when they mentioned "cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes" is that EVERY Starbucks sells cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, so they might just be replacing the mass-produced Disney baked goods with the mass-produced Starbucks baked goods.

Time will tell. I have no idea of what the terms are with Starbucks, but I would guess that Starbucks wants to sell its own crap, not Disney's crap.

As I understand it, this isn't some deal where Disney is just going to sell Starbucks coffee. Starbucks is involved in this deal, and they are creating some kind of an actual Starbucks store front to sell not just coffee, but the other overpriced stuff that they peddle in their stores as well.

What this is is a good old fashioned sell-out. Starbucks offered enough money, and Disney jumped at it. Starbucks will be calling the shots as to what goes in that place.

Did you ever stop and think about how the main items they sell in Gaston's Tavern are pork shanks and cinnamon rolls? Who the heck thought that up? It makes no sense. But, they knew the bakery was leaving, and they needed someplace to sell those cinnamon rolls, so some genius came up with the idea to have them sold in Gaston's Tavern. It makes no sense at all.

Dumb on Disney's part. But, what else is new?

TCD