• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ooooh, this might be a great activity for WWW. Find a day where Lou is working, hang out at his hub and ride his bus for his entire shift!!!!!

Let's get into my new 72 passenger golf cart. 100 passengers if I have anything to say about it, and go looping. Or as 4Mickey2, aka Cheryl, recently called it, Looooou-ping. But we're not louping at

We're leaving Typhoon Lagoon and heading to the Downtown Disney Resort Area which consists of POR, OKWR, and the SSR. It also includes the resorts on Hotel Plaza Blvd, but we won't visit those. Lets g

Oy. This is one of the worst threads ever. It's bad enough riding the damn buses in real life. Virtual bus rides are like a slow motion root canal. I am, however, anxiously awaiting the next installment. Kinda like a train wreck...can't look away.

The buses are part of the magic for us! I may even ride one during WWW just for the thrill of it! :banana: :))

Beats the swarms of blind mosquitos when it's warm-ish. Thankfully they don't bite, but they swarm anywhere there's light by the zillions - including near any of the outside lighting on the boats.

When we thought that the spiders were all outside the windows, it was just kinda nasty. But when we realized that some huge ones were hanging from the ceiling right over our heads it made the ride seem really long.

We're leaving Typhoon Lagoon and heading to the Downtown Disney Resort Area which consists of POR, OKWR, and the SSR. It also includes the resorts on Hotel Plaza Blvd, but we won't visit those.

Lets go lou-ping around the Port Orleans resort which is made up of PO Riverside and the PO French Quarter. We'll enter through the FQ.

Hey, there's the FQ greeter. I had an outfit just like that in the 70s.

Greeter.jpg

All of the rooms at PORS and POFQ have been going through a refurbishment. Other than that, not much new here, so we'll move on to PO Riverside South Depot. This is where you'll find the "River Roost Lounge" where YeHaa Bob, not to be confused with TnBob, performs. He performs at 8:30. 9:30, and 10:30.

A nice perk at the POR is the boat to DTD.

Take a left out of POR, then a left onto Vacation Club Way and we're off to the land of Hemingway and Jimmy Buffet, the Old Key West resort..

Listen up, if you guys promise to behave, we'll stop for a Margarita break at the "Gurgling Suitcase", Nicki's buying?

Back on the bus hooligans. It may not be obvious, but this is the most challenging resort to drive a bus through. I've heard that the roads were actually designed for a tram system and not meant for buses. I can believe that.

The OKWR is one of the prettier resorts on property. The view along the the main road is one of the most picturesque anywhere. The endless row of palm trees, the boat dock, and the light house, it's great.

okwr.jpg

If you're ever at DTD, take the boat to OKW and have lunch at Olivia's Café. I hear that the Conch Fritters and Conch Chowder are very good. Add the musical sounds of Key West and it makes for a pleasant afternoon.

If you're a golfer, the course may be right outside your window. The rooms have recently been refurbished and the roads were also repaved.

Boat service to DTD is also available.

Right down the road is the sprawling Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa which includes the very cool and expensive Tree Houses Villas.

As we enter you'll notice that the roadway surface appears new, it is. The main entrance and exit were closed for months while they resurfaced them to look like cobblestone. The closure and detour added at least 10 minutes to all the bus rides.

The SSR is a recycled resort of sorts. It was the site for the failed Disney Institute. They tore down a lot of it and re-imagined some of it.

The pool in the Paddock section was completely redone last year and is looking great. Like the other two previous resorts there is boat service to DTD.

In order to get to the Tree House Villas we have to leave Saratoga Springs and drive up the road. The Tree Houses are not really tree houses. It's a three bedroom house that is elevated 10'. It's a back to nature thing.

That's it for the DTD Resort Area. Up next are the Epcot Resort Area and the Wide World of Sports Resort Area. Did you know that there was such a resort area? It's made up of the sports complex and two resorts. Do you know which ones?

A couple of days after Christmas I had the bright idea that I wanted to eat at Earl of Sandwich for dinner. We drove over, and of course the DTD parking lots were jammed. So we bailed on that idea, and I figured we'd hit the food court at Port Orleans. I seemed to remember that they had a build your own pasta bar there, which INC and the girls thought was a good idea. Only problem was, I couldn't remember if it was POR or POFQ. The first entrance we came to was FQ, so I asked the guard if they had a food court. She said yes, and to come on in and enjoy. Well let me tell you, the pasta bar is not at FQ. And in fact, the food court at FQ kinda sucks. And not only was the food lacking, but the dining room is filled with giant Mardis Gras heads peering down at you when you eat. This was not appealing to Anna at all, I assure you.

Ok, sorry Lou. Move on with the tour.