• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ooooh, this might be a great activity for WWW. Find a day where Lou is working, hang out at his hub and ride his bus for his entire shift!!!!!

Let's get into my new 72 passenger golf cart. 100 passengers if I have anything to say about it, and go looping. Or as 4Mickey2, aka Cheryl, recently called it, Looooou-ping. But we're not louping at

We're leaving Typhoon Lagoon and heading to the Downtown Disney Resort Area which consists of POR, OKWR, and the SSR. It also includes the resorts on Hotel Plaza Blvd, but we won't visit those. Lets g

The Port Orleans resort, PO, is made up of two resorts, the Port Orleans Riverside resort, PORS, and the Port Orleans French Quarter resort, POFQ.

Old Key West is OKW. Saratoga Springs is SS.

Some add the letter R afterward which stands for RESORT, so Old Key West resort would be OKWR. I usually omit it, not always, for simplicity.

Coming up next is CB, PC, and AOA, which stands for Caribbean Beach, Pop Century, and the Art of Animation resorts.

As the closest boat dock to the Fort is the one at the Fort, I'm not clear on what you're asking.

I'm sorry, I meant a ride from the fort over the closest boat dock that will take me over to DTD.

We leave the WWOS Resort Area. Up next, the Epcot Resort Area, the Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club, and the Boardwalk Inn.

Except for the CBR, all of the Epcot resorts are on Epcot Resorts Blvd which enters and exits onto the same road.

We'll hit the Swan and then the Dolphin. As we do we'll pass one of the two mini golf courses, Fantasia Gardens on the left.

The S&D are generally overlooked by the Disney purists because they are non-Disney resorts., but IMO, they are every bit as good as the Disney resorts except at a lower price. Lots of very good restaurants, lounges, and great ambience. While it's devoid of Disney theming, I don't think that's necessarily a negative.

If you haven't been there, check them out. Night time is best in order to get the full visual impact when approaching from the Boardwalk side.

As my work history at WDW began at the Dolphin's front desk about 16 years ago, I have a good feeling about it.

The Dolphin has one of the largest convention centers in the country and having worked a ton of conferences there, I know it very well.

We leave the Dolphin but we need to pull back into the Dolphin's auxiliary entrance in order to get to the Yacht Club's bus stop.The Yacht & Beach Club resorts are classified as deluxe resorts and you get what you pay for. The Beach Club also has DVC villas.

If you're into pool areas, the Y&B pool area is considered by a lot of people to be the best on property.

In between the two resorts is the Yachtsman Steakhouse, which is my favorite place for steak anywhere. And of course we're going to stop at Beaches & Cream.

I also was a CM at the Yacht Club. Nice place, but not my favorite place to work.

Next, the Boardwalk and Boardwalk Inn

The Boardwalk is both a resort and an attraction. The attraction part replicates the turn-of-the-century boardwalks at Coney Island and Atlantic City and is a must do, at least once. The Boardwalk Inn resort is typical Disney deluxe.

At the Boardwalk you'll find the ESPN Club, the Flying Fish Cafe, Kouzinna, Jellyrolls, the Atlantic Dance Hall, a brewery, pizza window, evening street performers, games, food kiosks, and more.

Most Epcot Resort Area resorts have minimal Disney theming, so if you want luxury without a lot of Mickey and Minnie, these might be for you.

A nice perk if you stay any of the Epcot resorts is that you can walk to Epcot and enter through the International Gateway. There is also boat service to Epcot and DHS.

I've heard good things about the Swan and Dolphin, but it seems most of the people I know who have stayed there travel a lot with Starwood Hotels and have points to use. I wish Marriott had a presence onsite like that, with access to Disney transportation and the ability to walk to Epcot.

A nice perk if you stay any of the Epcot resorts is that you can walk to Epcot and enter through the International Gateway. There is also boat service to Epcot and DHS.

I would LOVE to stay at the Beach club someday, and walk into the WS for drinks and/or dinner.

Boardwalk!

DW and I love the boardwalk. We still havent been inside many of the places but we love Kouzzina. We love just walking and people watching there. Its also nice to be able to walk to the International gateway after dinner and have drinks around the world!

Thanks for taking us Sir Lou!

Well, as any Navy Submariner will tell you (I used to be married to one), the "fish" on the Dolphin are the only true Dolphins!! Flipper and his brothers and sisters are PORPOISES!!!

(Although, those that work with them, have found scientific reason to call some of them dolphins)

Well, as any Navy Submariner will tell you (I used to be married to one), the "fish" on the Dolphin are the only true Dolphins!! Flipper and his brothers and sisters are PORPOISES!!!

(Although, those that work with them, have found scientific reason to call some of them dolphins)

Do you think that confusion is accidental or on porpoise?

Most Epcot Resort Area resorts have minimal Disney theming, so if you want luxury without a lot of Mickey and Minnie, these might be for you.

You can also walk to the Studios!!! Why wait for a slooooooow boat when walking is faster :)

We have called the Swan and Dolphin "the dead fish hotel" for as long as I can remember. Being little kids we only thought dolphins were Flipper so that caused confusion and then my brother or I decided it looked like a dead fish.

That's what most people say, those don't look like a Dolphins.

Having worked there, we were given the real story behind the fish statues Obviously they are not the Dolphins that we're most familiar with. They are representations of the fish shown on old nautical maps, the "Nautical Dolphin". The actual images were copied from the fish statues in the very famous Triton Fountain in Rome.

There is also a Dolphinfish, better known as the Mahi-mahi.