• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ooooh, this might be a great activity for WWW. Find a day where Lou is working, hang out at his hub and ride his bus for his entire shift!!!!!

Let's get into my new 72 passenger golf cart. 100 passengers if I have anything to say about it, and go looping. Or as 4Mickey2, aka Cheryl, recently called it, Looooou-ping. But we're not louping at

We're leaving Typhoon Lagoon and heading to the Downtown Disney Resort Area which consists of POR, OKWR, and the SSR. It also includes the resorts on Hotel Plaza Blvd, but we won't visit those. Lets g

That's it for the DTD Resort Area. Up next are the Epcot Resort Area and the Wide World of Sports Resort Area. Did you know that there was such a resort area? It's made up of the sports complex and two resorts. Do you know which ones?

Although I haven't heard of them being called part of the Wide World of Sports Resort Area, Pop Century and the Art of Animation Resort are the closest- so I am going to guess it's them.

TCD

That's it for the DTD Resort Area. Up next are the Epcot Resort Area and the Wide World of Sports Resort Area. Did you know that there was such a resort area? It's made up of the sports complex and two resorts. Do you know which ones?

Pop Century and Art of Animation. Now I can click to the next page and see if I was right.

I am really enjoying this tour. But could you help out those of us that have only really been to the parks and the campground and keep the names instead of the codes? I'm having a heck of a time following the two versions of Orleans, let alone the rest of it. And just yesterday I was creeping on disney and looking at google earth at the waterways. Can I get a bus ride from the fort over to the closest boat dock?

I'd often wished I could sneak over there with my golf cart. I'm guessing that trip wouldn't last too long.

keep the names instead of the codes? I'm having a heck of a time following the two versions of Orleans

The Port Orleans resort, PO, is made up of two resorts, the Port Orleans Riverside resort, PORS, and the Port Orleans French Quarter resort, POFQ.

Old Key West is OKW. Saratoga Springs is SS.

Some add the letter R afterward which stands for RESORT, so Old Key West resort would be OKWR. I usually omit it, not always, for simplicity.

Coming up next is CB, PC, and AOA, which stands for Caribbean Beach, Pop Century, and the Art of Animation resorts.

Can I get a bus ride from the fort over to the closest boat dock?

As the closest boat dock to the Fort is the one at the Fort, I'm not clear on what you're asking.

So now that we know, thanks to TCD, that the Wide World of Sports Resort Area is comprised of Pop Century and the Art of Animation resorts, lets head that way, but as we'll be going by the Caribbean Beach resort, let's stop in. The CB is actually an Epcot Resort Area resort and It's my favorite resort to drive through because it has a ton of stops and they're easy to pull in and out of. We'll go by the first stop, Martinique.

The second stop is Port Royal which is where the CB food court and "Shutters" restaurant are located. I drop off a fair number of non CB guests there so it must be a pretty good place to eat. Because it's where most people have breakfast, it's also the busiest bus stop in the morning.

The CB has 7, yup 7, bus stops, so if you get on at the first one, you have to sit through 6 more before heading out. The nice thing is that in the morning some parks split the 7 stops between two buses. That makes it bearable

We're not making all the stops. I'll be taking a short cut over to PC. The CB, PC, and AOA are interconnected by internal roads.

On our way over to PC using the back road, we'll pass one of the "Cast Services" buildings. There are a bunch of these buildings property wide. This one, services the CB, PC, and I'm assuming, the AOA resorts. Depending on what resorts or park it services, Cast Services building locations may have parking, a cafeteria, costume dept., a computer room, rest rooms, clock-in and out terminals, administrative offices, a gym, and meeting rooms. As we walk through this one, you'll notice that this one has most of the services.

The one at the Fort is located behind the TCD Ranch and as it services the Fort only, it doesn't have a full compliment of services.

Here we are at PC. Look at those lines of people waiting for buses. Ahh, the values. It's a zoo here in the morning, so much so that there is a special bus dispatch control center located at Epcot which monitors the bus stops on surveilance cameras here and at the AOA in the morning. There are dedicated buses staged in the PC parking lot waiting to be called into service at one of the three resorts..

The dining option is quick service only but they do have some specialties such as oven fired flatbreads, lo mein, pan-seared fish, and house made desserts.

We're outta here and using a back road we're off to the AOA resort.

Most of you know that this is a new resort. It's built where the second phase of PC was to have been built. In fact it uses the foundations and a few of the buildings that had been built for PC's second phase. They were left dormant for years.

The AOA is the most visually stimulating resort on property. There are rooms, but it's mostly a suite resort. They've also kicked it up a notch as far as food offerings, but it's still only quick service.

None of the three resorts share buses as all three a huge and it's a myth that PC has the best bus service. The same buses that service PC service all of the other resorts.

That last update was great, Lou.

I learned some things I didn't know about how they monitor the bus stops. I also didn't realize how many bus stops the CBR has. We stayed there once a long, long time ago, and the thing that I remember is how far away we were from everything in that resort. I hated it. If we had a room closer to the action it would have been a completely different experience.

Overall, the folks who run the transportation system do an amazing job getting guests around the property.

TCD