We just came back yesterday from Fort Wilderness and observed a number of campers with a lanpost and this lighted Mickey head globe on the top in front of their sites. I check the tading posts, Downtown Disney and all the on line venues with out any luck. Anyone have information were we could buy such an item. Thanks in advance.

362dqfx4b57j15gk.png

First of all WELCOME!!!!

The lighted lamp posts with a Mickey Head are home made.

Here is a parts list and instructions

http://waltsbasement.yuku.com/topic/11499/t/How-to-make-a-Mickey-lamp-post-.html#.UOrr5uTBHpU

Many have modified their post to go in different bases.

For example, mine is made of a PVC pole that splits in half for travel because I have a small camper and a short bed truck.

• 4 months later...

I found an inexpensive color changing bulb at Home Depot a couple weeks ago.  Looks like a small incandescent bulb and screws into a standard socket.  They have (I think) 11 LED's inside and can be set for any single color or fast or slow color changing.  The switch is a tiny pushbutton located just below the globe, near the screw threads.  Haven't seen mine at night, so i don't know how they will show up at a campsite.  I put one in a ceiling fixture in the den and the kids loved it.

I found an inexpensive color changing bulb at Home Depot a couple weeks ago.  Looks like a small incandescent bulb and screws into a standard socket.  They have (I think) 11 LED's inside and can be set for any single color or fast or slow color changing.  The switch is a tiny pushbutton located just below the globe, near the screw threads.  

That sounds neat Ken, but I don't camp and so I don't need a Mickey light.

I need to think of another use for one of those light bulbs.

• 1 year later...

Finally completed our Mickey/Minnie Lamp Post. One side is Mickey and the other is Minnie. I am available to make either one of these for those who can not. If anyone is interested in having one built by me then feel free to PM me. See you at Fort Wilderness!

Screenshot_2014-08-07-09-30-44-1_zps411c

They look great!

We just came back yesterday from Fort Wilderness and observed a number of campers with a lanpost and this lighted Mickey head globe on the top in front of their sites. I check the tading posts, Downtown Disney and all the on line venues with out any luck. Anyone have information were we could buy such an item. Thanks in advance.

362dqfx4b57j15gk.png

Hello and welcome!  Don't you love the lightposts!  My favorite is the way people customize them so individually.  Love that!  My son and I are working on our two using the directions mentioned here.  So far, so good. 

I found an inexpensive color changing bulb at Home Depot a couple weeks ago.  Looks like a small incandescent bulb and screws into a standard socket.  They have (I think) 11 LED's inside and can be set for any single color or fast or slow color changing.  The switch is a tiny pushbutton located just below the globe, near the screw threads.  Haven't seen mine at night, so i don't know how they will show up at a campsite.  I put one in a ceiling fixture in the den and the kids loved it.

This bulb sounded great but I installed a dusk til dawn sensor so with bulb installed when the light shuts off, it defaulted back to the fist color. You then have to take the head off and push the button each time. I chucked it and bought 6 color bulbs and let the kids puck a new color on each trip

This bulb sounded great but I installed a dusk til dawn sensor so with bulb installed when the light shuts off, it defaulted back to the fist color. You then have to take the head off and push the button each time. I chucked it and bought 6 color bulbs and let the kids puck a new color on each trip

Ditto here. I was excited to find an inexpensive color-changing LED, until I learned that it would always default to white after it's turned off.  I like the look of the color-changing LED bulbs, I'm just too cheap to pay for them I guess!

I had a color changing LED on my first lamp post that I found on ebay. No sensors or anything, just changed colors when turned on.  It finally died, and now I use a different color CFL depending on the season. Orange for Halloween, Red for christmas, blue for most of the rest of the year, and I have a blacklight one that glows a pretty purple for Fiend gatherings.