DaveInTN's Christmas 2012 Extravaganza (AKA 700 Photos Of Anna and Food)

:facepalm: I have no words.

Well, I will say that you redeemed yourself a little bit with the last part of the above comment, but just a little bit.

Oh c'mon, Kim. You know you love me. Like a weird cousin you only see once a year at a reunion. I annoy the crap out of you, but you just can't help shaking your head and giving me a hug.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Great update, Dave! I loved the safari commentary. I think you should become a driver for the safari. You are a lot better than what they have there now. It's funny that you mention stopping to see sh

Don't forget Anna has LOTS of Aunts and Uncles. I think we could arrange an evening or afternoon for 2 :)

Hey Carol, for further clarification, I asked Anna. Her response was "это отстой обезьяны окурки".

I don't completely disagree with you. The EWP does use ridiculous lights. And the music kinda SMB. But the whole experience of sitting on the beach watching it is awesome and has become such a good memory for my girls. Even better...we typically turn in pretty early our first night after traveling, and I love hearing that music while laying in bed. It means we've arrived. So...for those reasons I submit that the EWP does not SMB.

I agree completely! I remember watching it with my boys at several different ages. I think the sounds are what I remember most. I love waking up to the first Magic Kingdom boat whistle, hearing the MKRR whistle, laying in bed and hearing EWP and grinning the whole time because we're finally here, even the busses don't bother me. I'm sure I'm leaving out a few....

We also like to get on one of the boats and get out into Bay Lake for a good look at our surroundings.

Great report, thanks for giving us a peek at your vacation.

Sorry to jump in so late, but I just have to say your daughters video was awesome! maybe someday she can make a video for us as I am completely hopeless in that department.

On a disappointing and quite disturbing note : Tinkerbell. WTH???? How can they use a dude as Tinkerbell? Oh the horrors. I am afraid I will never look at that as magical again. Big fail on Disneys part. WOW. That will haunt me all week, now.

Great trip report and awsome family!

-Laura

I'm with Izzy on the Tiki Room.

Loved the fireworks photos!

But I love MSEP. Hated Spectro. It was like a cheap imitation of the real thing. And I love all the classic characters in MSEP.

So you're telling me I'm wrong on all counts? Wow. That hurts.

The food at BOG looks great. Much better alternative to burgers and fries.

For the record: I don't like Anna crying pics. :(

I hear you. Will try to refrain on those.

I agree completely! I remember watching it with my boys at several different ages. I think the sounds are what I remember most. I love waking up to the first Magic Kingdom boat whistle, hearing the MKRR whistle, laying in bed and hearing EWP and grinning the whole time because we're finally here, even the busses don't bother me. I'm sure I'm leaving out a few....

We also like to get on one of the boats and get out into Bay Lake for a good look at our surroundings.

Great report, thanks for giving us a peek at your vacation.

Thanks for reading!

Now I'm wishing I was hearing a boat whistle. For real, not the one in my head.

Thank you. Those weird Spectro "dolls/characters" at the beginning remind me of Chucky. Creepy.

Viva MSEP and the Water Pageant! :)

I am with you on the EWP. Viva EWP! But Spectro is good. Not creepy. I would disagree more vehemently with you, but I don't want to jeapordize my pie. So I'll just let it lie and say everyone is entitled to their opinions. :rofl3:

Up arrow on this post, KFK!

What the heck are those creepy things supposed to be anyway?

Plus, the music in Spectro is weird.

TCD

Spectro music weird?? What planet are you from? It's wonderful, uplifting music.

It was composed by John Debney. Here is his pic.

debney.jpg

He doesn't look like a weirdo. And his father was a legend at Disney, so he has the right pedigree.

Unlike these two freaks.

0010554e_medium.jpeg

Sorry to jump in so late, but I just have to say your daughters video was awesome! maybe someday she can make a video for us as I am completely hopeless in that department.

On a disappointing and quite disturbing note : Tinkerbell. WTH? ??? How can they use a dude as Tinkerbell? Oh the horrors. I am afraid I will never look at that as magical again. Big fail on Disneys part. WOW. That will haunt me all week, now.

Great trip report and awsome family!

-Laura

Thanks for reading and commenting Laura!!

I wonder if Lou will have any further comments on the "Tink is a Dude" stuff?

Yeah...I'm just kidding ya. We all have different tastes! I will say...MSEP didn't grate on me quite as bad this year as last.

Relieved. I was afraid I had offended Dave. I'm living with 24-hour stress right now and my snarky isn't working. My sense of humor has been flushed away, but I hope to find it again soon.

I'm siding with Gwen, Kim and TCD.

I tried watching both parades again on YouTube. Spectro music almost put me to sleep.

Like Gwen I also like the classic characters in the MSEP.

Et tu, Yvonne?

Amen! I still have vivid nightmares of them. And I don't even know when the last time I saw them was.

Oh c'mon...those guys are cute! Happy little freaks.

Relieved. I was afraid I had offended Dave. I'm living with 24-hour stress right now and my snarky isn't working. My sense of humor has been flushed away, but I hope to find it again soon.

Sorry Gwen! Didn't mean to add further stress. I hope you find your inner Snarky again soon. If it helps...i'm not easily offended. I'm easily pissed off...but not offended. :rofl3:

I am still in the party of watch the parade once and ride the rides during parade times after that....

You are wise.

Up arrow on this post, KFK!

What the heck are those creepy things supposed to be anyway?

Plus, the music in Spectro is weird.

TCD

Creepy Chuckys and weird music. Reminds me of stuff on the Chiller channel. Good family fun.

I am with you on the EWP. Viva EWP! But Spectro is good. Not creepy. I would disagree more vehemently with you, but I don't want to jeapordize my pie. So I'll just let it lie and say everyone is entitled to their opinions. :rofl3:

Spectro music weird?? What planet are you from? It's wonderful, uplifting music.

It was composed by John Debney. Here is his pic.

debney.jpg

He doesn't look like a weirdo. And his father was a legend at Disney, so he has the right pedigree.

Way to protect your interests. Your SMGG pie is not in jeapardy at the moment, but watch your step Mister. :clint:

Not all weirdos LOOK weird.

Even families with pedigrees have weirdos. Usually they hide them in a room upstairs, unless they are southern, then they parade them out on the front porch.

Looks like a little weirdness in the eyes... and the eyes are the window of the soul.

Way to protect your interests. Your SMGG pie is not in jeapardy at the moment, but watch your step Mister. :clint:

Not all weirdos LOOK weird.

Even families with pedigrees have weirdos. Usually they hide them in a room upstairs, unless they are southern, then they parade them out on the front porch.

Looks like a little weirdness in the eyes... and the eyes are the window of the soul.

I'll grant you that...the guy does look a bit creepy. I wouldn't trust him with my kids.

And yes, I am in full pie protection mode.

Just a very short update this morning to cover our breakfast experience on January 3....and then the next update will cover the remainder of our last day.

INC, Anna and I headed down to the porch for some peace and quiet on this morning. We got some Nescafe in our mugs and I ordered something to eat.

While inside, I noticed this sign on the wall inside Trails End that I had never paid attention to before.

DSCN1910.JPG

I wonder who Roger Day is/was?

There is a guy named Roger Day in my neighborhood who records albums of children's songs. If you Google the name he will come up. But I don't think he sells feed. In fact, if you Google the full name from the sign you get nothing.

I think it's a made up sign...not the least bit historical. Roger Day was probably a guy that worked in the Disney design and props studio back in the 70's.

Enough on Roger Day.

While waiting on our food, we sat on the porch enjoying another peaceful morning at the Fort.

It wasn't too long and our buzzer went off, so I went back in to get our breakfast.

INC and I shared one of these...which we really enjoy.

DSCN1911.JPG

Bacon, egg and cheese bagel sandwich.

They are good. You can get it with or without a side item...we went without the side this time which I think is $1 less.

Anna was having fun just sitting at a picnic table playing with the oversized checkers. Josephine asked us if Anna would like to color. We said sure, so she brought some coloring pages and crayons over, and instead of just leaving them she sat down with Anna and they colored together. This resulted in some very cute pictures...the kind that become good Fort memories as the years go by.

Look at Anna's face here looking at Josephine.

DSCN1912.JPG

DSCN1913.JPG

DSCN1914.JPG

I loved that moment.

We sat for a bit longer, then wandered over to check out the ponies.

Inside the one corral of white ponies was one that was going NUTS! It was tearing around in circles inside that pen as fast as he could. I tried to get some pictures but it's hard to show how fast a pony is moving in a still shot. This one sort of came out.

DSCN1915.JPG

Makes me think twice about putting my kid on top of that crazy thing. :rofl3:

We wandered a bit more, but mostly had a quiet morning. Unfortunately I also spent some time packing up the campsite for our departure the next morning. And then after lunch, we headed out for the rest of our day. Our LAST day. Which includes what to me was my most enjoyable meal of the trip. Yes, even more than BOG.

That is coming up in the next update....