Stef's Red White & Boo At The Fort

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First person I thought of when I seen this..

Stef, Tony wants me to make sure you know, how much we appreciate you allowing us into the reunion. Tony was excited he was able to support and celebrate with Jordan, especially after a year over in

Wednesday, January 8th - I slept in til about 5:30 and ventured outside with my laptop to catch up on some e-mails. At 6:00 I received a text from TJ: Are you awake? I responded: Of course! He asked:

Hi Steph! We rode by your site late Saturday night after we arrived, but the party looked like it was dwindling down....we were tired and had the boys so we didn't stop. I rode by Sunday evening, but didn't see anyone. Hate we missed you all. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

As I said in our emails, please Thank Jordan for his service!

Betsy

I have to say Thanks to Jordan, for serving, and was excited that ya'll choose us to celebrate with ya'll, us redneck short people have to stick together, I had a good time, but I thought I was gonna die when Judy, said that about the C-A-K-E, and the comments that followed, Sorry we didn't get to stay for cake, I really didn't feel good this whole trip. but Stacy and I had a great time with all of you. I even meet some new fiends this time. Genia and Tony, we had a good time with ya'll too! I still have to check on the other thing for you Stefa, and I promise I will.

Great TR thanks for bringing us along.

Just a few comments now that I'm caught up.

Love Boo! She's about your size.

Since the 5 yr old is 1" short I'm giving 3/2 odds

Remember Donnie is older, but if dies first you might be older than he. So be nice to the senior citizens.

Great pix of the boat ride to the Contemporary and sunset.

Great pix of the Fort at night.

Hope to meet you and the boys soon.

Stef,

Loved, loved, LOVED the trip report!!!

First of all many thanks to Jordan for his service. Our country is fortunate to have young people like him, that are willing to serve our country.

My oldest son (19) and my Mom, were down at Disney for the same exact time frame you were there!!! They arrived on the 8th too, and flew home on the 15th. They stayed at the Pop Century. They couldnt get over how warm it was for the entire week......actually it was too warm for my Mom!!!! I was surprised to see Jordan in his jeans and what looked to be boots in most all of the pictures.........he was probably comfortable and here my Mom was in shorts and t-shirts saying how hot it was!!!!

I wondered the whole time, I read your report, if your path would ever cross with my son/Mom. But you guys were always at different parks then they were. The closest you probably came was on Sunday, they went to the first showing of the Hoop-Dee-Doo and you were at the fort until you boated over to the Contemporary.

So glad that you all had such a good time! The party for Jordan sounded great. What a terrific thing to do for him!

Hope you get back to the fort soon!

Heidi

Great report Stef!

Looking forward to your next report and hoping Jordan's last year goes by quickly and quietly stateside.

Thanks Aaron, I hope so too! Some of his troop mates have been moved to Alaska. ICK!

Like TCD, I thought the runners were out before the park opens. They sure start early! And they claim to have cut times you have to make in order to finish. Maybe they don't enforce them? It sounds like they should have the park open later that day. I think that would frustrate people less than the situation you described.

I agree Kelly. I'd bet some of those folks will be changing their family vacations, to avoid marathon weekend, in the future

It was a great trip. I had a great time. Thanks for bringing me.

I think I would have joined Mason under the table. I don't like leaving either.

;D That's a pretty small table Annie!

Glad you enjoyed the trip.

Really REally enjoyed this report! Please give Jordan a great big THANK YOU from H, the boys and I!

A quiet evening at WDW....*sigh*. :)

Thanks Kim, I've given Jordan more hugs than he can possibly stand. He appreciates all the support more than you guys know.

I love the sunrise photos. You did a good job keeping the GI out of the shot.

Mason is awesome!

I love how he's the first in the truck on the way to the Fort and you probably have to drag him in on the way home.

I remain impressed at how fast you and Trevor can pack up and get home.

I am sad that this report is over.

TCD

Avoiding GI is getting harder and harder.

Don't be too sad, I have a small race report coming up, hopefully starting tomorrow. I know you're not a speed fan but it's a TR all the same.

Awesome TR as ususal!!!!

Safe travels this week-end!

Thanks dear!

Sorry I got behind, I did travel safely, I'm home! ^_^

Bravo! I loved your report! But I'm sad it's over. Nothing is worse than that last drive out of the Fort, looking back longingly, sighing at the thought of having to go back to real life.

I love your Boo. Will she stay in the camper, or does she have a prominent place at home? She is my favorite from that movie, too. Kitty!

Agreed, pulling away is the hardest part. Best way to do it is like ripping off a band-aid, do it and move on.

Boo is resting comfortably in my bedroom. When I come back home at 6 to wake the guys up for work, she has become the new alarm clock. If I could repeat any of the names I have been called, I would, but this is a family board. For some odd reason they do not find her as endearing as I do.

What, no comment on the Trevor butt shot?

I am disappointed.

She is definitely slacking.

*sigh*

that's all Is gots to say

Me too Nik.

One thing is worse. Leaving the Fort with a 20 hour drive ahead of you to get home. That both sucks...and blows.

Wow, you got me there. I have a hard time sitting still for 2 hours, 20 would drive me crazy. (Ok, craziER)

Wish we had a less-than-2-hour drive home from the fort! Great report. Loved the sunset/sunrise pictures. Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Happy to bring you along Gwen! Between all the fiends, we'll keep you "in the Fort" until your return.

Great trip report and thanks for letting us all ride along!!!!!!!

Thanks! You're welcome along anytime!

I'm sad this is over! Really enjoyed your trip report. Thanks for sharing! I'm enjoying some crock pot chicken & dumplins tonight. Love that receipe. Thanks!

Awesome! Glad you enjoy the recipe. So easy and what my boys call "stick to your ribs" food.

Great TR, Stef! I wish I could have been there to celebrate Jordan's safe return with y'all! I enjoyed the pics and your story telling!

Thanks Rita. I wish you could have been there too. It was great to see Mama, she is such a little pistol! I want to grow up to be just like her.

Always enjoy chatting with Ed too. So proud of him for signing up for the coast to coast run. He was hemming and hawing about going and I said DO IT! Life's too short to have regrets.

Mama responded with "You'd think with all the running he does, he wouldn't be so fat!" :rofl2:

Hi Steph! We rode by your site late Saturday night after we arrived, but the party looked like it was dwindling down....we were tired and had the boys so we didn't stop. I rode by Sunday evening, but didn't see anyone. Hate we missed you all. It looks like everyone had a wonderful time.

As I said in our emails, please Thank Jordan for his service!

Betsy

Darn!! Wish we could have hooked up, but there's always a next time.

Hope you had a great trip!

Loved every moment of your trip report!

Aww thanks so much! Glad you enjoyed it.

I could be mistaken....but I think that's Larry's van!!

:cupcake:

EEK! I escaped just in time!

Thanks for sharing. Enjoyed your TR.

Except when it ended.

That part sucked.

:))Thanks. Agreed, that part sucked.

Thank You for sharing !

No, thank you for reading!

I have to say Thanks to Jordan, for serving, and was excited that ya'll choose us to celebrate with ya'll, us redneck short people have to stick together, I had a good time, but I thought I was gonna die when Judy, said that about the C-A-K-E, and the comments that followed, Sorry we didn't get to stay for cake, I really didn't feel good this whole trip. but Stacy and I had a great time with all of you. I even meet some new fiends this time. Genia and Tony, we had a good time with ya'll too! I still have to check on the other thing for you Stefa, and I promise I will.

Had a great time with you Kelly. Tell Brittany thanks for the hot, new country singers she introduced me to.

Maybe I should have warned Judy that Jordan could spell. ::)

I knew that you hadn't been feeling good, I'm flattered that you came out and at least had a little bit to eat.

I don't care what anyone says: Short, rednecks rule! :)

Three cheers for Stef for another great TR.

Thanks for sharing the cool pics

My pleasure!! It wouldn't be half as much fun without the great comments from all of you.

Great TR thanks for bringing us along.

Just a few comments now that I'm caught up.

Love Boo! She's about your size.

Since the 5 yr old is 1" short I'm giving 3/2 odds

Remember Donnie is older, but if dies first you might be older than he. So be nice to the senior citizens.

Great pix of the boat ride to the Contemporary and sunset.

Great pix of the Fort at night.

Hope to meet you and the boys soon.

:rofl2: Good stuff, Ray!

Yes, Boo and I are almost twins!

Hope to meet up with you too...but I don't speak German, so don't be talking crap. 8)

:bravo: :yay: :thumbsup2:

Thanks TJ!

Stef,

Loved, loved, LOVED the trip report!!!

First of all many thanks to Jordan for his service. Our country is fortunate to have young people like him, that are willing to serve our country.

My oldest son (19) and my Mom, were down at Disney for the same exact time frame you were there!!! They arrived on the 8th too, and flew home on the 15th. They stayed at the Pop Century. They couldnt get over how warm it was for the entire week......actually it was too warm for my Mom!!!! I was surprised to see Jordan in his jeans and what looked to be boots in most all of the pictures.........he was probably comfortable and here my Mom was in shorts and t-shirts saying how hot it was!!!!

I wondered the whole time, I read your report, if your path would ever cross with my son/Mom. But you guys were always at different parks then they were. The closest you probably came was on Sunday, they went to the first showing of the Hoop-Dee-Doo and you were at the fort until you boated over to the Contemporary.

So glad that you all had such a good time! The party for Jordan sounded great. What a terrific thing to do for him!

Hope you get back to the fort soon!

Heidi

Thanks Heidi! You need to check in more, I worry about you when you're gone too long.

That's cool that your Mom and son were there at the same time. I wish I'd have known, I would have stood at the HDD and met them before the show. Would be the next best thing to meeting you.

It was extremely warm for the second week in January!! I loved it because I hate anything below 75, but some of the northerners were HOT, especially walking around in the parks.

Thanks for reading!

I'm a bit late but, Stef got her Boo, Stef got her Boo. Yea!!! Sorry your TR is ending, it was fun reading all you were able to do. Again thank Jordan for his service and I'm glad he had a nice trip to the Fort with you.

Yes Bo, I got Boo! :)) I truly believe in love at first sight and she was mine!

Better late than never, thanks for joining me.