Disney Mardi Gras Style

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree that they were skimping on the BACON. Shardi also told the waiter she wanted a pot of Kona coffee but only got a pot of standard coffee. Saved me several dollars and the waiter lost out on the

Nicki, you gotta be there! Tell the hubby, no Disney, no Nicki so to speak.

I had a couple strategic smilie faces....

Posted Images

Spec downplayed my reaction to SM. it was one of those I'm so upset I can't talk to you without using bad words moments. It felt like the whole thing was going to come apart.

I admit. I have strange ride quirks. Float planing over water, fun! Float planing in the mountains, omg we are all going to die. Rock and roller coaster, hands up weeee! Space Mountain...

Ian did have the best trip.

Love, miss you honey!

Spec downplayed my reaction to SM. it was one of those I'm so upset I can't talk to you without using bad words moments. It felt like the whole thing was going to come apart.

I admit. I have strange ride quirks. Float planing over water, fun! Float planing in the mountains, omg we are all going to die. Rock and roller coaster, hands up weeee! Space Mountain...

Ian did have the best trip.

Love, miss you honey!

That is funny. I love SM, actually find it sort of boring from riding it so many times.

However I have never ventured on RNRC. I got all the way to the end of the queue once and panicked at the last minute. Terrified of it. I am embarrassed by that, but it sounds like it is all in my head and if I can endure SM, I could probably survive it? I love riding Everest too.

Last summer, we went to Hersheypark and I rode a couple of pretty fast ones. I thought it would prepare me to come back to FL and gather up the courage to ride RNRC, but it didn't work.

I seem to recall a thread on here, or maybe it was part of a TR, where someone posted that a couple went to both Disneyand and WDW in the same day?

There were several folks who did the coast to coast thing when Disney did the 24 hour Leap Day thing last year.

I think it could be done on a regular day too.

But why?

However I have never ventured on RNRC. I got all the way to the end of the queue once and panicked at the last minute. Terrified of it. I am embarrassed by that, but it sounds like it is all in my head and if I can endure SM, I could probably survive it? I love riding Everest too.

Last summer, we went to Hersheypark and I rode a couple of pretty fast ones. I thought it would prepare me to come back to FL and gather up the courage to ride RNRC, but it didn't work.

If you can handle SM and EE, you can definitely handle RNRC. In my opinion it is less intense than the other coasters, because it is fast and smooth. SM has gotten really rough and jarring lately. That backwards thing on EE is much more intense than the RNRC launch.

So, go.

TCD

There were several folks who did the coast to coast thing when Disney did the 24 hour Leap Day thing last year.

I think it could be done on a regular day too.

But why?

TCD

It happens more often than you think. I have a few friends that live on the West Coast that frequently start their last morning at a WDW park, then hop on a plane home, then head to DL when they arrive home. It is a tradition for them and they do that after every trip to WDW.

Saturday, the last day at Disney world. It has been a great 8 days. We meet some Fiends, Shardi got to spend some time with the Wild Women, Dear Son completed the Roller Coaster Grand Slam, and now it was time to go. Slowly. I started the morning with towing the Fiver to the over flow lot while Shardi went to meet the WW. I was a lot slower at getting up front than I wanted and the lot was full. (I am going on a Troll Rant now)I am talking no where to park a 38 foot Fiver and truck together. The problem was all the small utility trailers that were parked in the oversize parking spaces. Come on people. You do not need to park a 10 foot trailer in a 60 foot space. There are plenty of short spaces along the trees on the east side of the parking lot. I wound up parking across several spaces blocking in four small utility trailers. I felt a little bad about it but it did not stop me from heading to the Magic Kingdom for one last day of fun. (Troll Rant off.)

So the kids and I then head to the marina and catch the boat. The wind is starting to blow a little. We make our first stop to get another batch of SoM cards and then head off to Adventure Land to start another round. The park is starting to get crowded, and I mean Very Crowded. While at Adventure Land, We thought about riding PoC again but it was down. I next portal was in the Tortuga Tavern. We found it and there was a CM Maintenance man complete with work belt and tools standing in line to play. He played his round and then left. I didn't take a picture because I didn't want him to get in trouble but really, PoC is down and you are over playing a round of SoM? While waiting for our turn, I noticed this sign on the wall and thought it was interesting.

2013-02-16_10-12-39_579_zps68358b2b.jpg

We finished that round and our next portal was over at Fantasy Land.

As We headed out of Tortuga Tavern, The Pirates League was starting. Dear son moved up to the rope and was promptly selected to go on stage. I noticed that there was something familiar about "Mac" like I had seen him before. What do you think?

2013-02-16_10-19-17_814_zpsf130fe10.jpg

Could it be I have seen him at the Fort, or maybe on Main Street?

Any way, in years past the Pirates League has brought all the children up on the stage for the skit. for this time they only brought up four children and Dear Son was one of them. His last bit of Pixie Dust, or so I thought. The other three children then got to swap sword taps with "Mac" but Dear Son got to Battle with none other than Jack Sparrow himself. It was a bit funny as Dear Son holds the foam sword with one hand while non-chalantly placing his other hand in his pocket. Jack says, "So, the Casual Pirate!" Here is a picture of Dear Son thrusting his sword at Jack.

2013-02-16_10-29-47_42_zpsb097c430.jpg

From here we made our way over and Dear Son started singing "It's a Small World after All" so we jumped in line and rode It's A Small World. From there I was going to hit BoG for lunch but as we passed Pinocchio's Haus, the kids noticed they had Meatball sandwiches on the menu so that is where we ended up having lunch. From there we played one more round of SoM and it took quite a while. That crowd I was talking about earlier, well it was a 15 minute wait in line at each portal.

After finally finishing that round, we headed for the front of the park. Dear Son was wanting a popsicle and I was wanting a Mickey bar so we stopped at one of the little kiosk in front of the Goofy bench. This caused some deep concern as the CM stated my credit card was denied. So I handed them another card from a different CC vendor and got the same response. This really threw me into a panic. So to the boat we go and I jump on my phone to check all my accounts. By the time we get to the Fort, I find that all my accounts are in order. We hit up the Settlement Trading post for our treats but....no Mickey Bars! So off to the Meadows we go. I gotta have me a Mickey Bar! Thankfully there were plenty of Mickey Bars at the Meadows Trading post and I sat on the front porch in a rocking chair to enjoy the last few hours of our trip. Here I am after finishing up my Mickey Bar.

2013-02-16_14-03-10_743_zps8f25c658.jpg

The wind is starting to really blow and the temperature is starting to drop. About this time Dear Son announces that he wants to swim one last time. OK. up to the overflow lot we go to get his swim trunks and I let him swim one last time. Dear Daughter stated "No Way, it is too cold". We finally get a call from Shardi that she has left the Wild Women and is on her way to the Fort so I roust Dear Son out of the pool and we head for the Marina. Shardi arrives and says she needs to stop by the Wild Women headquarters to retrieve some things. While there, there was a big Jake Turkey just walking around the campers. Not scared of anything. Dear Son said it was because he knew Thanksgiving was over.

Anyway, here is a picture.

2013-02-16_16-24-06_872_zps46b85aac.jpg

From there we went back up front to load the golf cart and head out with one last stop. The Doggy Day Care. We pulled out of the over flow lot at 4:04PM. I then pulled all 65 feet of truck, Fiver, and Golf Cart trailer into the Kennel parking lot to retrieve the hounds. We utilized the dog yard to make sure they were ready for the road and then pulled out. While traveling, the kids love to listen to Kids Place Live on the radio. There is one song called Barbara Streisand with Lorenzo LLama. Well, Fig either hates this song or loves it, I'm not sure because as soon as we got on the road this song came on and he immediately went to howling. He had done this on the trip down so when the song first started I said watch Fig, and his ears perked up at the first few notes and as soon as the vocals started the howling was on. It was funny.

We drove until I was just too tired to continue and stopped at the Chattahoochee Rest Area about 11:30PM. We walked the dogs before going to bed and Maggie finished first so I brought her into the camper to put her in the crate. well while taking the leash off she got away from me and unknown to me, the door didn't latch when I went in and out the door Maggie went. So there we are at midnight running around a rest area with a freed dog that likes to run, is still a puppy, and is hyper to say the least. Well after finally catching her and getting in the bed, then I was wide awake. It took a while to get settled down and get some sleep.

Upon waking up the next morning I noticed the furnace was running non-stop. Pulling out of the rest area I looked at the climate control and figured out why the furnace was running so hard. It was 24 degrees. This is still Florida. It should not be this cold! Not here! From there is was a nice drive home with us getting in around 5:00pm.

That is my trip report. It was a very good trip. I am looking forward to returning as soon as we can. We have reservations for the end of October but we just may make it back before then. I hope you enjoyed my account and I have to say, putting together a trip report is hard work and my hat is off to the Fiends that produce great trip reports.

Glad you were able to catch your puppy. That had to be stressful. No wonder it took a while to get to sleep. Love the singing along dog.

My kids can swim in cold weather too, but not this mom. I don't do cold.

Happy to hear you have another trip lined up and may squeeze in an extra one. :)

Thanks for the TR.

Great finish!

A Troll Rant even!

From the photos you posted, I think that could be the Real Six Bits, but I'm not sure. Was it really him? I've seen him playing a pirate for the pirate cruises they do, so it certainly could be him.

Your son had quite the trip. That photo of him going after Captain Jack is a keeper.

Good for you for sitting in that rocking chair for a while.

I'm sorry this trip report is over.

But now that you have the first one under your belt, the next one will be easier to do.

Hope you do make it back to the Fort before October.

TCD

OK TCD, Here are all the photos I have from the Pirates League. Unfortunately I did not have a good camera and all these are cell phone pictures.

2013-02-16_10-19-08_485_zpsadf79a2c.jpg

2013-02-16_10-19-31_583_zpsa08ea464.jpg

2013-02-16_10-25-00_206_zpse110d3c2.jpg

2013-02-16_10-25-05_986_zps25afc3ea.jpg

2013-02-16_10-25-15_46_zpsf99baa19.jpg

2013-02-16_10-29-34_336_zpsa0bc71a4.jpg

2013-02-16_10-30-21_370_zps826e6bcd.jpg

I don't think there is any doubt that this is the Real Six Bits. From Mayor on Monday to Swash Buckling Pirate on Saturday.

Also take note of that Casual Pirate in the yellow shirt.

It might be a month before I start my tr again.

My fingers are frozen solid.

Great report honey!

Defrost your fingers and get movin' sista! ;D

OK. I have access to a bunch of pictures that was reserved for someone else's trip report but if they don't get off their rump, I'm going to throw them into my report.

Go ahead! It will serve her right!