The TCD Gang Runs Disney-2013 Princess Half Marathon Weekend TR

The first thing I noticed was how Ms White's hand was curled up awkwardly trying not to touch your skin. I thought maybe she was staying true to me and not laying her hand on another man. But then it occured to me that you were probably gross. So I guess that makes more sense. And Jasmine...LOL! She looks absolutely disgusted. And oddly Asian.

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

totally could have done without the visual of Creepy Claus scratching his Christmas ornaments!

TCD running, there better be some photos.

Nope, not in with the twins. I'm not doubting that TCD ran it, I just want to see photos of it for blackmail evidence.

I am a little late to the party but I wanted to jump in and say congratulations to all the TCD girls! You must be very proud of them. And congratulations to all of you for running the race. While I have no desire to do that, I admire those of you who do. I will gladly cheer you guys on, but the only way I am running is if someone is chasing me.

I agree, that is a very awkward photo with Jasmine. BTW, where is your missing hand? I can almost Imagine the next picture in sequence, that of Jasmine slapping your face.

Any yes, I am late to this TR as well so my belated congrats to all the TCD offspring :)

I would run in a tutu.

I would not run without a shoe.

I will run in a tiara.

I won't run in Santa shorts - that would scare 'ya!

I might run in a princess dress

If lots of fiends will, too - say Yes!

And so we boldy hit our stride

Who needs that silly thing called pride.

Fist up, I say - Start to train for a lap!

But first, I think I need a nap.

Keep the race pics coming! I bet the cast members love having character duty with all the sweaty people. Think they draw straws for that?

I can't help but noticing that there are a couple of numbers missing between the girls and you. Did you have people bail out on your fun?

I have never done the Everest race, but I like that it's a little different, and it's at night. They keep parts of Animal Kingdom open just for the after race party. Fiends 2014!!!!!

I would run in a tutu.

I will run in a tiara.

I would rather run without a shoe

Than to run in a tutu

I will not run in a tiara

But I will run as Princess Leia.

I will not run in a princess dress.

I might trip and hurt my.... (well you know).

I will not run in Santa pants

I will not do it ... No I shan't!

As Queen of Shamlessness I have no pride.

But I don't want to fall and bust my hide.

So there shall be no running in dresses

no superhero capes and other such messes.

I will run carefully in the proper gear.

Fist up ladies! Let's do it next year!

Chicken

I am sure you're trying to make some sort of point here. :))

It was great "running" into you at the 5K. I had heard from a source that you may be there so I was on the lookout. I figured I would wear my Fort shirt in case there were any fiends around. It was the first time I had worn the shirt because when I had bought it I weighed about 70 pounds more! I was so worried about the pace requirement and I should have realized that it was no big deal.

Great to see you guys there and can't wait to do another one!

First the comments, then an update:

I love the race photos! I don't run, but I think that if someday I was inclined to run in a Disney Race, I would be wearing a costume for 3 reasons.

1 - It's Disney.

2 - I could end up in someone's trip report

3 - when I finish dead last and drag my behind over the finish line I can blame it on the stupid costume.(eg too heavy, too long etc...)

Makes perfect sense to me.

Go for it!

Great updates!

I am also taking running in a tutu off my bucket list.....crap....what i meant to say is running in a tutuwas never on my bucket list.

Why not? There were dudes in tu tu's. And worse. Stay tuned for more photos.

The first thing I noticed was how Ms White's hand was curled up awkwardly trying not to touch your skin. I thought maybe she was staying true to me and not laying her hand on another man. But then it occured to me that you were probably gross. So I guess that makes more sense. And Jasmine...LOL! She looks absolutely disgusted. And oddly Asian.

Yeah. I felt bad for the poor girls.

By the way, SW asked me two things: 1. If you were around; and 2. If I brought the spankula. She was happy with my response to the first question, but disappointed with my response to the second.

I am a little late to the party but I wanted to jump in and say congratulations to all the TCD girls! You must be very proud of them. And congratulations to all of you for running the race. While I have no desire to do that, I admire those of you who do. I will gladly cheer you guys on, but the only way I am running is if someone is chasing me.

Thanks.

As for running in a Disney 5K, it is something that almost anyone could do.

I agree, that is a very awkward photo with Jasmine. BTW, where is your missing hand? I can almost Imagine the next picture in sequence, that of Jasmine slapping your face.

Any yes, I am late to this TR as well so my belated congrats to all the TCD offspring :)

I was planning to put my arm around Jasmine, but she was not having any of it. She kept moving further away. Poor girl.

Wow! Lots of good stuff in those photos.

Santa looks so different from the front.

Do people look in a mirror before leaving? Some funky clothing going on at that race....

I can't think of a greater spectacle that I have witnessed at WDW.

Just seeing all the costumes was worth the cost of admission.

I would run in a tutu.

I will run in a tiara.

Very good, Marty.

Keep the race pics coming! I bet the cast members love having character duty with all the sweaty people. Think they draw straws for that?

I can't help but noticing that there are a couple of numbers missing between the girls and you. Did you have people bail out on your fun?

I have never done the Everest race, but I like that it's a little different, and it's at night. They keep parts of Animal Kingdom open just for the after race party. Fiends 2014!!!!!

Good catch on the bib numbers. I don't know why ours weren't in sequence. You register online, and each entry has to be done separately. I guess in the few minutes between each of our registrations, other folks registered and got those numbers.

I would so wear a costume. I totally want to be in someone's TR with the comment "what was she thinking?" :D

Deal. You wear the costume, and I'll take the photos.

Great race photos but it looks like your getting alot of stink eyes from costumed people!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, and I also noticed stink eyes from some of the runners that I photographed. Sorry. If you're going to go in public dressed like that, you can't be surprised if someone takes your picture.

TCD

Wow, what a fun race! I had no idea that people dressed up for it. I also didnt realize that people stood in line to meet characters along the race route!! I have actually laughed out loud a few times tonight looking at some of your photos!!

The whole thing ended up being a lot more fun than I thought it would be. If you're laughing at the photos, you should have been there. My photos barely scratch the surface.

That is the same Jasmine we saw at Cindy's round table. She has a big head. Lol.

You know, I didn't notice that, but you're right.

It was great "running" into you at the 5K. I had heard from a source that you may be there so I was on the lookout. I figured I would wear my Fort shirt in case there were any fiends around. It was the first time I had worn the shirt because when I had bought it I weighed about 70 pounds more! I was so worried about the pace requirement and I should have realized that it was no big deal.

Great to see you guys there and can't wait to do another one!

Wow, Scot, good for you!

70 pounds?

Awesome.

I thought you looked like you had gotten into shape, but I had not idea you had lost that much weight. Good job!

You are right about the pacing- I think there was something in the registration materials that said you had to maintain a certain pace, but I didn't see any evidence of that being enforced.

Creepy Claus looks way less creepy from the front. Mrs Claus needs to make him some longer shorts.

Maybe. But make no mistake, he was creepy.

TCD

After we met Aladdin and Jasmine, I ran ahead to France and got in line for the next character meet and greet. It was Belle. In her plain blue and white dress. The line was longer than any of the previous ones.

The girls caught up with me and we waited.

People kept streaming past us.

We decided that I should run ahead to the next meet and greet, and wait in line there. The girls would meet Belle, and then catch up with me.

So off I went.

Back in January, fellow Fiend Jason/Katman1356 ran in the regular Marathon 5K, and posted some great photos of the sun rising over the World Showcase. I remembered those photos as I ran along, and stopped at the bridge just past France to admire the sunrise.

Awesome:

RoyalFamily5K2013178_zpsfdba91ee.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013179_zps4452ebe4.jpg

Just over the bridge, CM's directed runners toward the International Gateway instead of through Great Brittain:

RoyalFamily5K2013180_zps8751d0d2.jpg

We ran down the hill:

RoyalFamily5K2013181_zps1265d924.jpg

And I found the 2 mile marker:

RoyalFamily5K2013182_zps92da972a.jpg

For that second mile, we had stopped to meet Mulan, Snow White, Aladdin and Jasmine and Belle. So, that second mile took us about 30 minutes to "run."

At International Gateway, we were directed backstage. This is the building that was used as the Millenium Village, and is used for special events now. It's an odd looking building for sure:

RoyalFamily5K2013183_zpsbe6c7a6f.jpg

There was another water stop back here. Note that they are pouring Dasani water into the cups. I would have just borrowed a green hose from the Fort and filled the cups from a nearby spigot:

RoyalFamily5K2013184_zps4cbab632.jpg

Here's a couple more photos of that weird building. I wonder why it has so many doors? :

RoyalFamily5K2013185_zps664f6418.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013186_zpsc02bec2f.jpg

We re-entered the World Showcase by the red phone booths in the UK area:

RoyalFamily5K2013187_zps5110cae1.jpg

There were some more Flower and Garden show topiaries on display here:

RoyalFamily5K2013188_zps2c71f9ee.jpg

KFK- make not of that young lady's tu tu colors. Do you suppose she's an SC fan?

Here's a look back at the runners emerging from the back stage area:

RoyalFamily5K2013189_zpsff853975.jpg

It looks like Le Cellier had a bunch of new flowers planted for the Flower and Garden show:

RoyalFamily5K2013190_zpscf341ce0.jpg

These runners helped themselves to a photo op at the Oz playground display:

RoyalFamily5K2013191_zpsecd58e21.jpg

When we were last here at Epcot, which had just been earlier this week, they had a fence up around the area where there has been a big sand sculpture the past couple of years. The wind was blowing the fabric, so I could see in to the area. No signs of any sand yet:

RoyalFamily5K2013192_zpsd3d0587c.jpg

I love the flower beds and floating flowers that they plant for the Flower and Garden Festival:

RoyalFamily5K2013193_zps7133557a.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013194_zps9977da59.jpg

We soon made another left turn and headed right toward the big golf ball:

RoyalFamily5K2013195_zps23a489f2.jpg

When we had been here on Monday, the big flower beds over toward Test Track and the Odyssey pavilion were not done, but they were done today:

RoyalFamily5K2013196_zps47129278.jpg

RoyalFamily5K2013197_zpse57872a2.jpg

This is how things had looked just 5 days before:

Feb2013269_zpsdb2890b9.jpg

The walls on the butterfly garden had also been put up since Monday:

RoyalFamily5K2013198_zpsd367b8f0.jpg

This is how things had looked then:

Feb2013233_zpsacbab9b0.jpg

Up to this point, I had not run into a meet and greet line. But, right in this area, Donald and Daisy were meeting guests, so I got in that line and waited for the girls to catch up. As I stood in line, the stroller people came running by:

RoyalFamily5K2013199_zps74c6b3d4.jpg

I think they make the stroller people start last, so this told me that we probably needed to get a move on.

The girls came running up right after this. They ended up bailing on the Belle line, as it was taking forever.

We stood for a while in the Donald and Daisy line. More stroller people came by. Including this dude in the Goofy had with a camera strapped to his head:

RoyalFamily5K2013200_zps77f2c50b.jpg

The duck line was moving really slow, so we decided to skip it and run on.

We stopped for a golf ball photo:

RoyalFamily5K2013201_zpscbd99a14.jpg

This is a close as we got to the ducks:

RoyalFamily5K2013202_zps019bb1b2.jpg

We then ran around the fountain and tombstones:

RoyalFamily5K2013203_zps331a20c8.jpg

Another golf ball shot:

RoyalFamily5K2013204_zps58d9f8fc.jpg

As we ran past the turnstiles, guests were entering the park, I assume these people had breakfast reservations- it was around 7:50 am:

RoyalFamily5K2013205_zps6ff6fbbf.jpg

Whew!

That's 30 photos, so we have to stop.

I think we will finish the race in the next update.

TCD

Love the sunrise photos.

It would be cool to be in WS that early since it doesnt normally open before 11.

I love walking around in parks when there are not big crowds of people all around.

That is why we are early risers and get in right when they open.

I have never been in the parks after the official closing time. It would be cool to hang out after things clear out and get some night pics with no crowds too.

RoyalFamily5K2013188_zps2c71f9ee.jpg

KFK- make not of that young lady's tu tu colors. Do you suppose she's an SC fan?

I am really really trying to make NOT of that tutu. In fact, my answer to your question is NOT! Absolutely NOT!!! No self-respecting Lady Gamecock would do that to the colors. That is NOT the garnet way.... :))

There's no doubt in my mind that she is evil though. I'm thinking this could be a Cruella get up that has gone wrong... or right, depending on what she was going for. Or she could be a Georgia fan with the wrong shade of red. Or a really confused and/or evil clempsun fan. (Marty and Genia are excluded of course) :heart:

I am thinking TCD has learned how to get my dander up. :rofl2:

Other than this little moment... great update. I was thinking that everyone looked more like they were walking instead of running, then I noticed where you called it a "run". It is all clear now. Except for the blinding flashes to my retinas every now and then.

Love the sunrise photos.

It would be cool to be in WS that early since it doesnt normally open before 11.

I love walking around in parks when there are not big crowds of people all around.

That is why we are early risers and get in right when they open.

I have never been in the parks after the official closing time. It would be cool to hang out after things clear out and get some night pics with no crowds too.

Yes, it was cool to be in the World Showcase that early in the morning.

We have been in the parks many times after closing. It's fun too.

Thanks for all the run pics TCD. I have been showing Silvia since I didn't stop to take many pics. I think we had better characters in Jan though. The fan 5 but I'm unusual costumes.

The girls had seen many photos from previous Run Disney events and thought that the characters were better in previous races.

They were most disappointed by the absence of princes- the photos from past runs showed princesses and princes.

We still had fun, though.

Interesting that they want you to keep to a pace but then through out meet and greets to make you stop.

True.

I think the pace thing is there just to keep folks moving. I guess at some point they do start picking the stragglers up. But, I think you would have to really be far behind before that would happen.

I have looked at several Disney 5k's and worried about the pacing.

Looking at your photo's = no need to worry!

Correct. I think you could walk the whole thing at even a slow pace and still be fine.

I am really really trying to make NOT of that tutu. In fact, my answer to your question is NOT! Absolutely NOT!!! No self-respecting Lady Gamecock would do that to the colors. That is NOT the garnet way.... :))

There's no doubt in my mind that she is evil though. I'm thinking this could be a Cruella get up that has gone wrong... or right, depending on what she was going for. Or she could be a Georgia fan with the wrong shade of red. Or a really confused and/or evil clempsun fan. (Marty and Genia are excluded of course) :heart:

I am thinking TCD has learned how to get my dander up. :rofl2:

Other than this little moment... great update. I was thinking that everyone looked more like they were walking instead of running, then I noticed where you called it a "run". It is all clear now. Except for the blinding flashes to my retinas every now and then.

Sorry about the SC tu tu.

You are right, running at this Run Disney event is optional.

TCD