A Quick Dole Whip with Rum and Rapunzel Restrooms TCD TR (NBD)

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The TCD gang squeezed in a day trip to WDW on 3/17/13. We have been super busy lately, and have to go when we can. Spring Break is coming up, and for the first time in a long time, there will be no F

You had me at Dole whip with rum..... :suspense:

Aw gee, I felt sure you would get that one. FPBR = First page Bragging Rights!

Here's an idea for Dole Whip lovers, especially those going in groups. I read on easywdw that the spiced Siesta Key rum is for sale in the festival center for around $25, a little over usualy retail but not much (and it's local to FL). Buy a bottle, go get regular Dole Whips, make your own floats with lots of run each, and take home the rest of the bottle.

I'm just going to bring an airplane bottle of rum with me and get a plain jane Dole Whip.

Best Regards,

Norm

Guests have been doing that for years.  I guess Disney figured they might as well make a buck off of it.

I'll be sure to let you all know.

Worst case scenario, I'll throw part of it away.

Regardless, it'll gross G out, so it's a win either way. :D

No.  You will have paid good money for that lollipop.  Somebody has to eat it.  The whole thing.

It's funny, most of the food that you mentioned that didn't sound good is what my parents ate and enjoyed.

These are screen shots from mom's FB.

E0369550-8873-4FE0-BAEE-98D9FA6DB503-143

DC18DB7D-AB83-4BB5-831A-5628F3A4BE09-143

70C88034-F625-4957-A774-C971EE6A5238-143

Those photos make it look pretty good.

But, I'm not a goat cheese fan.  In fact, I think it's nasty.

And that salmon is raw, right?  Raw fish from a booth on a warm day?  I'm not a fan.

This stuff might be edible, but it's not like the great stuff they serve at the Food and Wine Festival.

You, know, food?

They did say the pulled pig (and why did it have to be called pig and not pork?) sliders with slaw were really nasty.

I didn't notice that.  But that is what the sign says.

Truth in Advertising? 

LOL!  Then the beef brisket needs to be called chunk o' fatty cow.

Here's an idea for Dole Whip lovers, especially those going in groups. I read on easywdw that the spiced Siesta Key rum is for sale in the festival center for around $25, a little over usualy retail but not much (and it's local to FL). Buy a bottle, go get regular Dole Whips, make your own floats with lots of run each, and take home the rest of the bottle.

Sounds like a plan.

But somehow I see them frowning on people walking around with open booze bottles.

TCD

Liked the Butterfly House pictures but I think Lotso is my favorite this year.

That Lotso has been used for the past three years. In 2011, he was featured in the entry area along with other Toy Story 3 characters. In 2012, they had an alphabet garden in the back of the America pavilion, and he was used there. This year, he is moved out in front of the America pavilion. It is a very well done topiary, and the strawberry scent is a nice touch.

That's what Jonathan's for. ;-)

There you go. That beet lollipop will be enjoyed by all.

TCD

31713069_zps9189e47d.jpg

I love that they do this for things like F&G and F&W.  The tiny details are so cool!

I'm just going to bring an airplane bottle of rum with me and get a plain jane Dole Whip.

Better yet, smuggle it into MK and get a Dole Whip Pineapple Float!

Still not sure why they didn't go with that for this little experiment in the first place.  A drizzle of spiced rum on some dole whip is hardly earth shattering (and that's coming from me - someone that very much enjoys both Dole Whips and Rum.

We made it to the TTC, and then onto an express monorail, and just like that, we were at the Magic Kingdom.

I think the Easter Bunny and the Mrs. just started doing meets and greets. They were right up front, and there wasn't much wait.  The twins were not interested.

So I just snapped a bad photo.  All you can see is their ears:

31713097_zps4edf7753.jpg

I imagine that the waits will be much longer as Easter nears.

We headed right on back to the new Tangled restroom area.

All the walls are down, and it is open for business.

Here we are entering from the new pathway.  The Yankee Trader is on my right, and the Haunted Mansion is on my left:

31713098_zpsfc7419dc.jpg

The big thing back here is the tower:

31713099_zps2b618d2b.jpg

31713100_zps7f4e1b40.jpg

It's a nice tower, as far as towers go, but I don't get why they went to all this trouble for restrooms.

There is a nice fake stream here that runs under a fake bridge over by the old walkway.  That's Columbia Harbour House in the background of this shot:

31713101_zps717fd610.jpg

If you like lanterns and flags, this is your place:

31713102_zps077d52ee.jpg

There are a few posters posted on the new walls which make reference to some of the characters from the movie:

31713103_zps8ea14038.jpg

31713104_zpse45e5b6d.jpg

That wall in the photo above is decorated to represent some of Rapunzel's artwork.

There is an area off to one side here that has a bunch of new seating including benches, tables and chairs:

31713105_zpsf74081d0.jpg

There are charging stations concealed in the fake stumps:

31713106_zpseb1d3abe.jpg

This area is supposed to be a place where guests can relax and take a break.  A lady was putting the table to good use here:

31713107_zps17124dba.jpg

There is a little deck here at the edge of the seating area that looks over the fake stream:

31713108_zps01e69651.jpg

This sign here tells us that there are friends of Rapunzel's pet frog hidden in the new landscaping:

31713109_zps6d25f764.jpg

This is a side view of the Yankee Trader.  There is a frog in this photo- do you see it? :

31713110_zpsaa04b83c.jpg

Look under the middle window flower box.

Here's another shot of the fake stream  There's a frog fight there at the edge of the water in front of the mossy boulder:

31713111_zps6be26984.jpg

There's another frog over here to the right of the big boulder, right at the edge of the grass:

31713112_zps40763ebf.jpg

Now, we will look to the right.  Do you see any?

31713113_zps3c587c91.jpg

There is one to the left of the downspout on the blue building:

pascal1_zps902d9522.jpg

And another one all the way over to the right along the water's edge.  He's in the center of this zoom, looking right at the camera:

pascal2_zps837c74cb.jpg

How many Friends of Pascal are there?  I don't know.  I didn't see anything around there that said.

I'm not sure we found them all.

But we found enough.

This is a look over toward the fake bridge- you can see the Haunted Mansion queue all the way in the back of this photo:

31713114_zps333f1944.jpg

And here we are looking at the new restroom buildings from the seating area:

31713115_zps0824a987.jpg

There's a charging station in use:

31713116_zps60b3929a.jpg

And one more shot of the lady taking a nap:

31713117_zpsb71898f2.jpg

This is the area right over the men's room door.  Note the frying pan and satchel.  We are going in:

31713118_zpsc5c0dc1b.jpg

Normally, I don't take photos in the men's room.  Or ladies room for that matter. But, this was different.

I'll start the next update with those.

TCD

Regarding the scooter you saw, remember this thread?

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/8902-esvs-now-allowed-at-wdw/

Yes I do.

That's one of those ESV's with a seat, right?

These things are way faster than the typical scooters people have been using in the parks.

This idiot was weaving in and out of people and darting about.  I guess there will be a lot of that until the lawsuits start.

TCD

There is a nice fake stream here that runs under a fake bridge over by the old walkway.  That's Columbia Harbour House in the background of this shot:

31713101_zps717fd610.jpg

Ooh - pretty!

So here's an observation... this is supposed to be an area for guests to sit and relax (and charge stuff), but there seems to be no shade whatsoever.

How fun is it going to be to sit in this nifty area, on the nifty benches in the heat of the summer?

Can't imagine a whole lot of napping will be going on there then.

Ooh - pretty!

So here's an observation... this is supposed to be an area for guests to sit and relax (and charge stuff), but there seems to be no shade whatsoever.

How fun is it going to be to sit in this nifty area, on the nifty benches in the heat of the summer?

You are right.

There are quite a few trees around, and they will soon sprout leaves.  So there will be some shade.  But not enough.

And there are fans.  You can see one a the top of this photo.  It looks like they have misting hoses attached.  Those work great on humid Florida days.  And what a great idea to spray everyone's electronics with mist:

31713106_zpseb1d3abe.jpg

Over at Storybook Circus, they have a large covered area.

Nothing is under cover here.

Maybe they forgot about those summer thunderstorms.

TCD

We will need a resting place for our New Years trip as we are crazy enough to spend NYeve day in the MK, last time we chilled in the little play area near Spash Mountain so if you have any tips let me know, thanks 

Thanks for going and spending the day at EPCOT and MK so we all could have something new to read.  

The last few times we've been to WDW, it has been in the spring, so it's interesting to see what they've done differently for F&G compared to what we saw.

Some of the food options sound interesting, but for the price, I think I'd rather just buy food from the regular restaurants there.

And it's great to see what the new Tangled restrooms look like, too.  I remember sometime in the past the official plans where posted here somewhere.  It would be helpful (and much appreciated) if someone could repost them, (or a link to the post) so we can see show the new reality compares to what was planned.

Ooh - pretty!

Maybe that's the point. Don't want you getting too comfortable. They need you to rest for a few to avoid you going to the room and sleeping. So you can sit down in the heat, recharge your ipad so you can be a tool and then need to buy a $5 water because you just rested in the direct sun.

We were there last week for Spring Break 2013 WooHoo. We stayed a Saratoga Springs the first night then switched to AKL for the rest of our stay. Wish we had stayed at Saratoga. We went over to the Fort for lunch last Thursday it felt like home. The shrimp at the Florida booth were good the crab tostada at Mexico was not. Donnie knew we were coming down but he forgot. If you get by the Contempo Cafe get the cream cheese pineapple rum cup cake it's good.

Yeah, I know.

But, that doesn't mean I have to like it.

TCD

Fair enough.  

I know that beet lollipop sounds gross.  

Beets were my one Y2K emergency staple because I knew they would not be touched and would remain in the cabinet in the event of an emergency.  True story.  Making them into a lollipop does not sound any better.

Kudos on the green mullet sneak attack!!!   Jeeeeenyus! 

Jordie saw the pictures and said there not frogs they have tails like Pascal.  So I think a few of them are chameleons. She is an expert on all things Rapunzel or atleast she thinks she is.  lol

Unless someone is trying to be funny and call them frogs like Flynn Ryder.  :tumble-weed-smiley: 

We will need a resting place for our New Years trip as we are crazy enough to spend NYeve day in the MK, last time we chilled in the little play area near Spash Mountain so if you have any tips let me know, thanks 

New Year's Eve all day in the MK?

I'll bet that new rest area will be wall to wall people.

The new covered area back by Story Book Circus might be better.  Less traffic.  But that Splash Mountain play area is actually pretty good- its covered and may be less busy now that there are these other areas.

Yup, and that's the first I've heard of one being spotted.

It probably won't be long before they're all over the place.  I can see folks liking them over the standard scooters.  They seem to be much faster and more maneuverable.  Good for the idiot riding the thing.  Bad for everyone in his path.  And bus drivers.

Thanks for going and spending the day at EPCOT and MK so we all could have something new to read.  

The last few times we've been to WDW, it has been in the spring, so it's interesting to see what they've done differently for F&G compared to what we saw.

Some of the food options sound interesting, but for the price, I think I'd rather just buy food from the regular restaurants there.

And it's great to see what the new Tangled restrooms look like, too.  I remember sometime in the past the official plans where posted here somewhere.  It would be helpful (and much appreciated) if someone could repost them, (or a link to the post) so we can see show the new reality compares to what was planned.

That's a good idea about looking at the plans.  I will see if I can did up that old thread.

Very pretty! G will be in love.

I can see this area being a big hit with fans of Tangled.  But, I can also see a lot of people scratching their heads and wondering why this is all here just for a couple of new restrooms.

Maybe that's the point. Don't want you getting too comfortable. They need you to rest for a few to avoid you going to the room and sleeping. So you can sit down in the heat, recharge your ipad so you can be a tool and then need to buy a $5 water because you just rested in the direct sun.

LOL.  Funny, but true!  One thing that I found very strange is that they have all these great places to sit and no food or drink cart anywhere near here.  That is so unlike Disney.  There are two carts serving drinks and snacks in the Story Book Circus rest area.

We were there last week for Spring Break 2013 WooHoo. We stayed a Saratoga Springs the first night then switched to AKL for the rest of our stay. Wish we had stayed at Saratoga. We went over to the Fort for lunch last Thursday it felt like home. The shrimp at the Florida booth were good the crab tostada at Mexico was not. Donnie knew we were coming down but he forgot. If you get by the Contempo Cafe get the cream cheese pineapple rum cup cake it's good.

Really, you liked Saratoga Springs better than AKL?  I'd like to hear that story some time.

I will check out that cupcake the next time we are at the Contemporary.  Thanks for the tip.  Sounds good.

Fair enough.  

Beets were my one Y2K emergency staple because I knew they would not be touched and would remain in the cabinet in the event of an emergency.  True story.  Making them into a lollipop does not sound any better.

Kudos on the green mullet sneak attack!!!   Jeeeeenyus! 

So, nothing really happened when the calendar turned to 2000.  Does that mean those beets are still in the cabinet?

Yeah, props to me on the green mullet wig.  I've owned it for a while, but there aren't many occasions where I can use it.

TCD

Jordie saw the pictures and said there not frogs they have tails like Pascal.  So I think a few of them are chameleons. She is an expert on all things Rapunzel or atleast she thinks she is.  lol

Unless someone is trying to be funny and call them frogs like Flynn Ryder.  :tumble-weed-smiley: 

Jordie is right- they aren't frogs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufneFSkdjBg

And TJ is right, someone was trying to be funny.

TCD