It's official the new Avatar land is coming!

WDW News Today has posted current aerial photos and video of Pandora: The Land of AVATAR (official name??)

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2015/03/photos-video-take-a-look-at-avatar-land-construction-at-disneys-animal-kingdom-from-above/

Very cool shots.  The show building is huge, and the whole area is a lot bigger than I thought. 

LOL.

TCD

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually there was a vote and it passed by one vote. Where were you when we needed you? It's all your fault.

#Pandora at night Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Don't forget these....  

• 3 months later...

I may have said this already, but I'm kindof looking forward to this. I've never seen the movie and probably won't, so I'll be able to enjoy the attraction on it's own merits. (That is IF, they do a good job with it). I've never seen the Harry Potter movies or read the books either, and Universal did such a good job with that land that I could enjoy it based on it's own merits).

I'm hoping the same for Avatarland.

• 2 weeks later...

Inside the Magic posted these to FB today...

Pandora: the World of Avatar is coming along quite nicely at Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Thanks to Matt Dobrovolsky for pic.

11173356_10152895651032035_6213893356879

10670118_10152895651232035_1260537702791

https://www.facebook.com/insidethemagic/posts/10152895651987035

D23 EXPO promises a preview of the AVATAR project coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom

2 days ago in "AVATAR land at Disney's Animal Kingdom"

D23, the official Walt Disney Company fan organization, today released information about its '60 Years of Innovation' exhibit at this year's D23 EXPO.

Guests will get an in-depth look at Pandora when they explore what’s to come for the AVATAR project, with models, images, and exhibits on display.

avatar_Full_19718.jpg?width=800&quality=

Here is the full release from D23.

The Walt Disney Parks and Resorts show floor pavilion will give D23 EXPO 2015 guests a look into the much-anticipated Shanghai Disney Resort, as well as a preview of the Avatar project coming to Walt Disney World Resort’s Disney’s Animal Kingdom. Plus, in addition to the previously announced Hall D23 presentation on Saturday, August 15, guests will have the opportunity to hear from executives, Imagineers, designers, Disney Legends and others directly involved with various projects for Walt Disney Parks and Resorts in five engaging panels.

On The Show Floor

Located in Hall C, the Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Pavilion is a 12,500-square-foot exhibit that gives guests a glimpse of the creative process in designing and building Shanghai Disney Resort, along with a preview of the Avatar project coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom.

In a celebratory exhibit on Shanghai Disney Resort, maquettes, artist illustrations, and media clips capture the designers’ journey as the resort comes to life. Guests can learn about the show design process and discover the tradition and innovation infused into the resort.

Guests will also get an in-depth look at Pandora when they explore what’s to come for the AVATAR project, with models, images, and exhibits on display.

Additionally, Mickey’s of Glendale, the Imagineering-exclusive merchandise store, will open an outpost at the Pavilion where guests will have the opportunity to purchase merchandise specially designed for D23 EXPO 2015.

Presentations and Panels

Friday, August 14

1:30–2:30 p.m. 60 Years of Disney Parks Merchandise (Stage 28)

Join our talented Disney Design Group artists, merchandisers, and special guests as they take you from concept to reality with behind-the-scenes storytelling about classic Disney souvenirs and how they have become tangible lasting memories. Guests will get a first look at some of the exciting new merchandise coming to Disney parks.

3:15–4:15 p.m. Safari So Good—60 Years of the World Famous Jungle Cruise (Stage 23)

Skippers from throughout the years reflect on their experiences at the Jungle Cruise, which is celebrating its 60th anniversary as one of Disneyland’s opening-day attractions. They will also discuss changes to the attraction over the years including recent holiday overlays and other additions.

5–7 p.m. Imagineering 60 Years of Disneyland (Stage 23)

In a two-part panel discussion about Disneyland with Disney Legends and current Imagineers, panelists will discuss how it all began, what it took to carry on Walt Disney’s legacy, and how Imagineers are continuing to deliver magic well into the future. The panel is moderated by Academy Award®- and Emmy®-nominated filmmaker Leslie Iwerks, who will present a new trailer from her forthcoming documentary about Walt Disney Imagineering.

Sunday, August 16

10–11 a.m. Disney Kingdoms (Stage 28)

Guests will learn about Disney Kingdoms, a joint collaboration between Marvel Comics and Walt Disney Imagineering. Guests will hear how these popular comic book series got started and discover the creators and theme park inspirations behind these popular titles, including Seekers of the Weird, Figment, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

3–4 p.m. Experience the World with Disney: Adventures by Disney, Aulani, Disney Cruise Line, and Disney Vacation Club (Stage 28)

This panel will provide a behind-the-scenes glimpse into how Disney is creating new vacation experiences for families all around the world. The first 400 guests in attendance will get a D23 EXPO-exclusive pin set.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/avatar/news/24jul2015-d23-expo-promises-a-preview-of-the-avatar-project-coming-to-disneys-animal-kingdom.htm

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of AVATAR land stuff coming out of the D23 Expo this weekend, including that it will offiically be known as 'Pandora - The World of AVATAR'

Our own preview will begin later tonight, but guests who purchased the $2,000+ Sorcerer package tickets have already had a first look at some of the displays.

Instagram user igatame has shared a few photos…

From “Avatar,” a Na’vi bust is quite eye catching along with a massive model of the Pandora area that’s being built at Animal Kingdom, along with a few other smaller displays:

11821937_424378874430785_686388949_n-600\

11849906_1649265388621160_385220740_n-60

11850095_1482285155398589_577435367_n-60

http://www.insidethe...parks-pavilion/

More AVATAR Land photos, including a scale model

http://www.wdwmagic....at-d23-expo.htm

Deb Wills from AllEars interviewed Joe Rohde on Periscope.  Couple of excerpts...

"...there are opportunities to fly in the back of banshees"

" ...go through the glowing beauty of the rain forest"

D23 Expo 2015: AVATAR land previewed by Imagineers with giant Pandora model, Alpha Centauri Expeditions story

in Conventions, Disney, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Entertainment, Special Events, Theme Parks, Walt Disney World

Posted on August 14, 2015

by Steve Fox

140389_100349-800x400.jpg

More details have emerged from the D23 Expo 2015 surrounding the “Avatar” land coming to Disney’s Animal Kingdom at Walt Disney World.

Some of Disney’s Imagineers working on the Pandora expansion to the theme park walked us through the project’s plans, including a view of the “Avatar” model changing from daytime to night views as well as a “pre-show” video of sorts explaining the story behind how guests will reach Pandora via Alpha Centauri Expeditions.

Watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajCARMQT1Qk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ynrusklk9U

Photo-Aug-14-9-45-09-AM-630x473.jpg

Photo-Aug-14-9-44-03-AM-630x473.jpg

140389_100507-630x399.jpg

http://www.insidethe...editions-story/

WDW News Today @WDWNT 3m3 minutes ago

If you go through Avatar exhibit, you can then buy a bag full of ACE items (the fictional tour company) #D23Expo

CMZNaFeUwAAhlvq.jpg

CMZNaFoUkAA9Ulx.jpg

CMZNaFvUYAEOCKL.jpg

CMZNaGfU8AA2AX0.jpg

It's A Small Blog @itsasmallblog 42m42 minutes ago Anaheim, CA

Journey to Pandora handout inside

CMZE6z9UAAAmW42.jpg

It's A Small Blog @itsasmallblog 45m45 minutes ago Anaheim, CA

Journey To Pandora handout front/back

CMZE1mBUkAAXgQT.jpg

Another look at the AVATAR Land booklet being handed out...

WDW News Today @WDWNT 3m3 minutes ago

The AVATAR booklet they are handing out has some interesting details about the land #D23Expo

CMZQ1-SVAAA8Gj5.jpg

CMZQ1-bUcAAiGYC.jpg

CMZQ1-aUsAUSe2W.jpg

CMZQ1_VUYAAgJSR.jpg

As reported by TCD at the Disney Parks presentation...
"A lot of time was devoted to Pandora: The Avatar Experience with James Cameron himself presenting. Two new rides. There is a huge model here. One ride will simulate flying on a banshee. The other is a river ride."

It looks amazing.  I just wonder if that will be enough for people who haven't seen the movie and don't know the story.

I'm really hoping not knowing the story will make it a nice attraction all on it's own.

For example, I haven't read or seen the Harry Potter stuff, and the attraction was really good on it's own merit.

I'm really hoping not knowing the story will make it a nice attraction all on it's own.

For example, I haven't read or seen the Harry Potter stuff, and the attraction was really good on it's own merit.

One of the points they made in the presentation was that they're calling this land Pandora and not Avatarland. They want guests to have an immersive experience, as if they're visiting this beautiful planet. They specifically said that it hasn't been designed to re tell the movie.

TCD

One of the points they made in the presentation was that they're calling this land Pandora and not Avatarland. They want guests to have an immersive experience, as if they're visiting this beautiful planet. They specifically said that it hasn't been designed to re tell the movie.

TCD

That makes a lot of sense.  That way you're just exploring a place where you don't need to know the story associated with it.

Posted to the Disney Parks Blog today...

The new land at Disney’s Animal Kingdom that’ll immerse guests in the mystical world of Pandora from the blockbuster film AVATAR just received a name – Pandora – The World of AVATAR.

PWA181500.jpg

Pandora – The World of AVATAR is a key part of the expansion of Disney’s Animal Kingdom and will feature awe-inspiring floating mountains, a nighttime jungle of bioluminescent plants as well as an amazing new attraction called AVATAR Flight of Passage. This e-ticket attraction will allow guests to experience what it’s like to fly with banshees.

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Bob Chapek shared the update on Pandora – The World of AVATAR at the D23 EXPO 2015. During the session, Imagineer Joe Rohde said one of the things that has made work on this project so special has been the collaboration with the Oscar-winning team behind the film – James Cameron, Jon Landau and the rest of the Lightstorm team.

“We’ve been working side-by-side with Jim and Jon to make sure that what we do is true to the story, characters and vision for the beautiful, mythical, epic land of Pandora,” Joe said. “We’re creating a transformational experience that you’ll remember for the rest of your life.”

Keep checking the Disney Parks Blog for updates on Pandora – The World of AVATAR.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/08/pandora-the-world-of-avatar-will-be-new-land-at-disneys-animal-kingdom/

Hmm... I wonder if once this is open and there's lots more going on at Animal Kingdom, if they'll finally fix the Yeti?!  B)

That would be nice. They will need another signature attraction open to lure people in as from what I understand, it will take a good bit of time and engineering to get him going again.

• 2 weeks later...
How I learned to stop worrying and love Pandora-The World of Avatar

“But I didn’t even like Avatar,” you say? Well who’s actually seen Song of the South? And yet Splash Mountain is one of Disney’s iconic attractions.

My guess is that when guests actually get a chance to walk in the world of Pandora created by the team of Cameron-Rohde, any doubts about the project will be erased. We’ll have an amazing addition to Animal Kingdom, one that will reveal different details during the day and night and erase any notion that it’s a “half-day park.”

And be honest, you really can’t wait to see how they’re going to make mountains float.

Full article...

http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/09/08/learned-stop-worrying-love-pandora-world-avatar/#more-95926