It's official the new Avatar land is coming!

31 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Now lets be more politically correct/Disneyspeak.

The ride hasn't reached it's full potential, and based on customer input, we are cutting back on it's operating schedule.

Do you work for Disney.. That's pretty good.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually there was a vote and it passed by one vote. Where were you when we needed you? It's all your fault.

#Pandora at night Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Don't forget these....  

8 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

By the way, I think it should be mentioned that the nighttime safari is a confirmed flop, and it wouldn't surprise me if that quietly disappears.

TCD

Well that's a major bummer.  I was really looking forward to it.

It's crazy to think they could have gotten so much so wrong on all this.

9 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Based on how things have gone lately, I can't imagine that they would open both ROL and Pandora on the same day.  They will milk these things for all they can.

The likely scenario to me is to make a big deal about ROL- open that for Memorial Day weekend, and then when that hype dies down, open Pandora.  They'll probably keep on saying "summer," and that will be enough to drive ticket sales and hotel bookings while guests speculate about when it will finally open.  Remember, summer doesn't start in 2017 until June 21.  They never said spring, they've only said summer.  I don't see Avatar officially opening until after June 21.

By the way, I think it should be mentioned that the nighttime safari is a confirmed flop, and it wouldn't surprise me if that quietly disappears.

TCD

I can confirm they will not. There are some things that will need to be worked on for ROL before it opens. 

However, I can say that there will be something in the works before Avatar opens. Be on the look out for a special preview within the next 2 months. I haven't heard the official date just yet, but know it's going to be something quite awesome to see with food included from one of their newest restaurants. 

12 hours ago, DisneyVampire said:

However, I can say that there will be something in the works before Avatar opens. Be on the look out for a special preview within the next 2 months. I haven't heard the official date just yet, but know it's going to be something quite awesome to see with food included from one of their newest restaurants. 

Interesting.

Tiffins is right next to the Pandora entrance.

But, judging from the current state of the construction, and the announced opening in "summer," I am having a hard time envisioning what they would possibly preview in the next two months.

TCD

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Interesting.

Tiffins is right next to the Pandora entrance.

But, judging from the current state of the construction, and the announced opening in "summer," I am having a hard time envisioning what they would possibly preview in the next two months.

TCD

Only able to say so much, but they have a few things that will be 'previewing' while the construction is going on. 

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:21 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

I know that they blocked out Castmember's Maingate passes for the anticipated opening dates for Rivers of Light last year.  If they did that again this year, that would be a very solid indicator of when they plan to open Pandora.

Castmember block-out days for May, 2017 were released today (2/1/17), and CM's are blocked out of Animal Kingdom from May 20th through the end of the month.

That's a sure sign that something big is going to be going on at Animal Kingdom at the end of May, and Disney is expecting crowds.

It's got to be either the premier of Rivers of Light or the opening of Pandora.

TCD

2 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

Or Disney has been secretly working on the Yeti and he's coming back to life on May 20.

Sent from my handheld doohickie

Sad to say, doubtful, even though the Yeti, the mountain, and the coaster, are all on three separate, independent foundations. The main problem with the Yeti is his foundation was not strong enough. They would have to close the ride for an extended period, tear down part of the mountain, and remove a portion of track to redo his foundation.

36 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

They would have to close the ride for an extended period, tear down part of the mountain, and remove a portion of track to redo his foundation.

This sounds like the perfect thing for them to do as soon as Avatarland opens.

They can stretch it out for 3-5 years, and save on all the payroll from that attraction.

Everyone will be so hyped about the new Avatar land that they won't even see a dip in attendance.

TCD

The WDW News Today site is reporting that Disney officially announced today that Pandora will open on May 27th:

As we had speculated, the official opening of Pandora: The World of AVATAR at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be May 27th, 2017.

DAK_AVATAR2-1200x522.jpg

This was announced this afternoon on the company’s earnings call.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/02/breaking-pandora-world-avatar-opening-date-officially-announced/

TCD

19 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The WDW News Today site is reporting that Disney officially announced today that Pandora will open on May 27th:

As we had speculated, the official opening of Pandora: The World of AVATAR at Disney’s Animal Kingdom will be May 27th, 2017.

DAK_AVATAR2-1200x522.jpg

This was announced this afternoon on the company’s earnings call.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/02/breaking-pandora-world-avatar-opening-date-officially-announced/

TCD

Dang I check out on the 20th!  But maybe I'll luck out and get a soft opening tour.

WBI

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Travisma said:

And for the casual Disney visitors, the ones that don't follow blogs, etc. Disney made sure they heard about the opening last night during the Academy Awards Broadcast.

I think I saw their ad 3 times showing it opens 5/27/17.

In case anyone missed the commercial, the Disney Parks Blog posted about it today, and included a video of it:

Filmmaker James Cameron Offers a New Look Inside Pandora – The World of Avatar

Jennifer Fickley-Baker

by Jennifer Fickley-Baker, Editorial Content Manager, Walt Disney World Resort

If you caught The Oscars® last night on ABC, you may have seen a spot showcasing Pandora -­ The World of Avatar, which is set to open at Disney’s Animal Kingdom on May 27, 2017.

In it, AVATAR Creator/Director James Cameron gave a sneak peek at what guests can expect from this new land and one of its major attractions, Avatar Flight of Passage, which will allow guests to ride a Banshee over the world of Pandora.

Check out the video below for more.

In addition to Avatar Flight of Passage, this new land will be home to the family-friendly Na’vi River Journey, an experience that will send guests through a bioluminescent rainforest. Their journey will end in an unforgettable encounter with a Na’vi shaman, a figure who has a deep connection to the life force of Pandora. Guests will also be able to dine at Satu’li Canteen, grab a drink at Pongu Pongu, shop at Windtraders, and much more.

Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more information.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/02/filmmaker-james-cameron-offers-a-new-look-inside-pandora-the-world-of-avatar/

TCD

3 hours ago, Travisma said:

And for the casual Disney visitors, the ones that don't follow blogs, etc. Disney made sure they heard about the opening last night during the Academy Awards Broadcast.

I think I saw their ad 3 times showing it opens 5/27/17.

So they used a boring, 3 1/2 hour snooze inducing production like the Oscars, to advertise a new land based on a boring, 3 1/2 hour snooze inducing production like Avatar?  

9 hours ago, DisneyVampire said:

Soft opening is the 20th. CM dates are due to be the week before, but not confirmed. I'm working on definite information now.

Thanks for sharing!  Good to know that they are planning some soft opening dates.  They really goofed when they didn't do that for the new Frozen ride, and it made for some very frustrating guest experiences.

TCD