Toto... I Don't Think We're At Disney Anymore.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you're so tired of the "Total Immersion, Magical Experience" thing.... Then this TR is for you.  There will be none of that nonsense here.   This weekend H, Lil H, Gabe and I headed out for CAMP Wi

I say WWW require lots of practice. So we should do both.

:)

Dorney's general manager was a tie at Disney a few years back. It is interesting to see how he has incorporated some of the Disney management philosophy into the place. They have wrist bands they call Fastpay fully incorporated into their system. Not sure why it is taking Disney so long to do it. Dorney was once a really nice park. We used to use it as training for upcoming WDW trips. The last several years they have started recruiting guests from NYC and the place has gone down the toilet. It's a nice enough park, I guess, but if I want to be pushed around by obnoxious loud mouths who are in bad need of some deodorant, I will go to NYC. Last time I was there a few years ago after dark the gangs started forming up. Did not look like the overweight geriatric security guards could handle this. Really makes your Wallaroo twitch.

I'm in KFK...   I have thought about getting their big pass and trying to hit Cedar Point, Dorney Park, Carowinds, Kings Island and Kings Dominion.   We've been to each separately, and know one family that had done it over 1 summer.   They did it in 8 weeks.  Platinum Passes cost $192.00 for admission to all parks all year long.

Hi B.K.!  :wave1:  Welcome aboard! Hubby's family in WV and OH rave about Cedar Point.  Some of them enjoy either Kings Ilsland or Kings Dominion but I can't remember which! Go for that Big Pass!  Sounds like fun!

Kim.... We could totally do this..... "Hey Mo...."

Rut Roh!  She said "Hey Mo..."  It's on like Donkey Kong now! 

Oh dear. Look what you have done now John!

:))  Now we have someone besides Dave to blame stuff on.

Mini WWW?

Judy? Carol? It looks like a nice drive from Huntsville or even a direct flight from HSV.

Don't get me all excited unless you mean it.  ;D

Oh man, I haven't been to Dorney Park since the early 80's.  If you were not born then, or just getting out of diapers, i don't want to hear it.  I was going to college in bethleslum Bethlehem, PA - memorialized in a Billy Joel song of the same era.  Bonus points if you can name the song!

No Clue.

Billy Joel Song is Allentown....

<-     New Tag...   Thanks Gwen !

Showoff.  :D

We must make it so... just not sure when.  Probably not soon.  :(

:(   

So I need a phrase that works faster.... Where is turkey pants when I need her

:bighug: for turkeypants.

but if I want to be pushed around by obnoxious loud mouths who are in bad need of some deodorant, I will go to NYC.  . . Really makes your Wallaroo twitch.

I just visit relatives.  They may be obnoxious loud mouths but they do use deoderant.  I have no comment about your wallaroo  nor the twitching thereof. 

Don't do Dorney after Dark-

Noted.

Very late to the party but looking forward to more.

Cedar Point is definitely worth the trip for you coaster buffs like the WW.

Hi Aaron!   I've only heard good things about Cedar Point.  It must be true.

I believe I left off with a couple of moons.  Crescent Carolina Moons that is.  After a good nights sleep and sleeping in later than we intended we were ready to head to the park.

The boys.

P1020605.jpg

Waiting for the tram to depart.

P1020606.jpg

It appeared to us like Carowinds made an effort to borrow a few ideas from another CG with the word Wilderness in the name.  This check in building kinda resembled a cross between The Settlement and The Outpost.  

P1020607.jpg

Still waiting for tram departure time.

P1020610.jpg

P1020609.jpg

After waiting in the sun for a few minutes, we realized that we were a little early for the tram.  We decided that waiting inside in the A/C and a comfy sofa made much more sense.  We are Jeeeeenyus like that.

Here's the inside of the check in building.  It didn't have a catchy name like The Outpost or Pioneer Hall so we just call it the Check In Building.

P1020611.jpg

P1020611.jpg

The inside was very comfy and attractive.  They even had Air Hockey, A couple of old school video games, foozeball, board games etc....There was a small camp store as well.  

P1020614.jpg

They even had this handy dandy gizmo here so you can know in advance if your kid is tall enough for certain rides.

P1020618.jpg

Lil H challenging his mama to a friendly game of foozeball.  Yes.  He kicked my butt.

P1020619.jpg

G trying his hand at an old fashioned game of Galaga. :D

P1020621.jpg

P1020622.jpg

P1020623.jpg

Now to crush dad. 

P1020624.jpg

About this time the tram driver asked if we were "going with him" and said we'd leave in just a few minutes so we headed outside.

P1020625.jpg

P1020626.jpg

P1020627.jpg

P1020628.jpg

P1020629.jpg

12 passenger tram.  Cool A/C  Sweet.

P1020630.jpg

P1020631.jpg

Next Stop.... Carowinds Park!

But not until the next update. It's late and I'm tired. :))