• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I laughed way too hard at this.   I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.   http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few

Disney will (or already is) use the radio component of the MB's.  Why else would they have spent the money to include that feature in the design?  There are countless opportunities to sell us more stu

For my stay, I was limited to the days of our reservation (including the day we arrived and left) and could only make FP+ reservations for the number of days we had tickets for. 

Same for us, but it was nice to make changes on the iphone during the day as our schedule changed...or we changed our minds.

My fastpasses aren't showing up properly on my My Disney app. The times are there but our names are messed up. Joyce's app and my app show different names assigned to the fast passes. I checked with the consierge in the lobby. She said they are correct in their system. They just aren't showing up on the app right. She printed them out for me just in case. At Epcot today there were quite a few cast members (4-5) at each fastpass kiosk just standing there with iPad-type computers. I never saw a line, unlike Magic Kingdom where the lines were long.

My fastpasses aren't showing up properly on my My Disney app. The times are there but our names are messed up. Joyce's app and my app show different names assigned to the fast passes. I checked with the consierge in the lobby. She said they are correct in their system. They just aren't showing up on the app right. She printed them out for me just in case. At Epcot today there were quite a few cast members (4-5) at each fastpass kiosk just standing there with iPad-type computers. I never saw a line, unlike Magic Kingdom where the lines were long.

Are you using an iPhone?  They just released a major update for the app for iPhones on Monday. It did some crazy things with my existing FP+ reservations.

TCD

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

The current plan is for all Passholders to be rolled into the MyMagic+ testing during the next few weeks, with full rollout expected to be complete by mid-March.

More and more Passholders who've linked their passes to the My Disney Experience account will start seeing the option to customer MagicBands.  Guests activating new and reneal passes will also get the option to customize MBs.

Shipping of MBs is not expected to happen until mid-to-late March.

UPDATE:

The current plan is for all Passholders to be rolled into the MyMagic+ testing during the next few weeks, with full rollout expected to be complete by mid-March.

More and more Passholders who've linked their passes to the My Disney Experience account will start seeing the option to customer MagicBands.  Guests activating new and reneal passes will also get the option to customize MBs.

Shipping of MBs is not expected to happen until mid-to-late Marchy.

So the question is, have a resort reservation, converting regular ticket media to AP upon arrival, then does "that" become our permanent AP MB??

Quick question...we received magic bands from our thanksgiving fort trip. Since then, we activated our AP's in mid January and linked those magic bands to our AP and have been using them for FP+ and entry to the parks. We now have a few more fort reservations coming up and received more magic bands. All the bands are activated on MDE. My question is, since they are all active on MDE are all the magic bands linked to our AP? And will all the bands work as our KTTW card or just the magic band that was designated to that particular reservation. Thanks for the help

Just the ones linked to the reservation will work for that reservation. Meaning, only the bands received for that reservation will be allowed charging privlages and room access. The others are still linked and could be used for other things like Photopass and park entry, but I'd just bring the new bands to avoid mixing them up.

Just the ones linked to the reservation will work for that reservation. Meaning, only the bands received for that reservation will be allowed charging privlages and room access. The others are still linked and could be used for other things like Photopass and park entry, but I'd just bring the new bands to avoid mixing them up.

So the new bands should be ok to enter the parks with if they are active or are only the old bands good with our AP? Thanks again

I just got the full update with more info and a correction of sorts.  The 30 day window is for Passholders not staying on site.  Passholders that are resort Guests will still have the 60 day window for reserving FP+.

Full update...

Passholders who have their APs linked to their My Disney Experience can now customize and order their MagicBands, which will begin shipping in late March and should arrive within 10 days of shipment. When passholders customize their MBs they will receive newly designed packaging which includes a black or gold Passholder discount card and an exclusive Passholder MagicSlider.

FastPass+ for Passholders

During the ongoing testing...

Passholders that are not staying at a WDW resort will be able to make FP+ selections up to 30 days in advance. They may hold up to 7 days of FP+ selections in a rolling 30-day window.

Passholders staying at a WDW resort who link their hotel reservation to MDE will be able to make FP+ selections up to 60 days in advance. They can make selections for whichever is greater - 7 days or the length of their resort stay.

Passholders not staying at a WDW resort that have already made FP+ selections within the 60 window will not lose them.  However if you cancel your selections or select a different day or park, you will not be able to make new selections until you are within the new 30 day window.

Passholder Discount Card

• Passholders must show a photo ID along with the discount card to obtain the appropriate discounts.
  • Discount card includes the Guest's name and expiration date of your pass. It is not RF-enabled and does not have a magnetic stripe
  • If you lose your discount card, you can still use your Pass an a photo ID to obtain the appropriate discounts.
  • Discount cards cannot be replaced as they are personalized with the Guests name/pass expiration offsite.
  • Currently the plan is for MyMagic+ to include the ability for Passholder discount information included on MBs but this is not yet in place.

Charging Privileges

Passholders that are not staying at a WDW resort cannot put charging privileges on their MagicBands. Guests staying at the following resorts are also not able to use MagicBands for touch to pay:

• Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin
  • Shades of Green
  • all hotels on Hotel Plaza Boulevard
  • other WDW Good Neighbor hotels

Theme Park Parking Tolls

Passholders eligible for complimentary parking should use their MBs or Passes with the touch-to-identify devices at the parking lot booths.  Passholders should have a photo ID available if requested. If Passholders do not have their MB or Pass available, they can present their gold discount card and a photo ID to obtain parking privileges. (The black discount card does not include complimentary parking)

Miscellaneous Info...

• Each time you renew your Annual Pass you must link them to MDE. You can then customize and request a new set of MBs which will be shipped to you with a new Discount Card and new Exclusive Slider.
  • Passholders can choose to use their RF-enabled Pass instead of a MagicBand
  • Currently MBs are not being shipped outside of the United States.
  • If you purchase your AP in advance and link an exchange certificate to MDE, you may may FP+ selections, but you will not be able to customize/order MBs until you visit a WDW Guest Relations or Vacation Planning booth to activate your pass.  At that time you will receive an RF-enabled Pass fo ruse until your MBs arrive.
  • If you linked an AP between January-July of 2013, and do not see it in MDE, you may need to relink it.
  • Premier Passholders may not see the opportunity to customize MBs or make FP+ selections in MDE up to 48 hours after linking their passes.
  • If your entire family has Premier Passes, each member of the family will receive their own individual MB package (vs all MBs in the same package)

While I was waiting in the FP+ line at DHS yesterday I was looking at My Disney Experience on my phone & I accidentally found out I could now make FP+ selections on line! When I got to the FP+ screen I mentioned it to the CM assisting us & he said it actually started 2 days before & I should have gotten an email that was sent to all Annual Passholders. I guess my email was intercepted by the NSA, :banghead:  but I don't care because now I'm a lot happier about the whole FP+ system. At least now I don't have to stand in the FP+ Kiosk lines. Me so happy!  :rofl3:

• 2 weeks later...

From WDW Magic...

MagicBands will be available for purchase next week for guests staying offsite at non-Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

Selling at a lower than expected price, the MagicBands will be available at select merchandise locations for $12.95 plus tax. This is slightly lower than the expected $15 price point. Color choices will be pink, blue, red, green, orange, gray and yellow.

As we reported a few days ago, advance FastPass+ reservations will be available to offsite day guests from March 31 2014. Those guests will not be issued a MagicBand, but will instead use their RFID ticket media for touch to enter, and FastPass+. A MagicBand can then be purchased and will be linked to the guests My Disney Experience account and will operate in the same way as their RFID ticket media. The bands will not be eligible for touch-to-pay, which is currently only available to Walt Disney World Resort hotel guests.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/28mar2014-magicbands-available-to-purchase-next-week-for-offsite-guests-at-a-lower-than-expected-price-point.htm

They are selling them?

Great.

I thought that they would be giving them to off-site guests.  Which would then take away the incentive for the folks booking "throwaway" campsites.

But, with a one night reservation on a tent site, they can get ten MB's for cheaper than they can buy them.  So, that throwaway idea will still be with us.

TCD

They are selling them?

Great.

I thought that they would be giving them to off-site guests. Which would then take away the incentive for the folks booking "throwaway" campsites.

But, with a one night reservation on a tent site, they can get ten MB's for cheaper than they can buy them. So, that throwaway idea will still be with us.

TCD

Course they don't actually need them to use FP+. Their ticket can do the same thing with no added expense.

Course they don't actually need them to use FP+. Their ticket can do the same thing with no added expense.

But then everyone can tell they're not in the club.  

I wonder how this works with repeat visits. You purchase one for lifetime and each time you get tickets you can link to it? 

Is there any potential for selling used MBs for $11.95?

True.  But, I'm not sure guests understand that.  And, if Disney can get 12 bucks from them, I'm not sure if Disney is going to make that clear.

But then everyone can tell they're not in the club.  

I wonder how this works with repeat visits. You purchase one for lifetime and each time you get tickets you can link to it? 

Is there any potential for selling used MBs for $11.95?

I think there is potential there.

What would stop a camper from adding extra fake names to his reservation to get to the maximum of ten MB"s and then selling them new and unused (after making sure they don't have charging privileges) ?   If you could get $8-10 a pop for them, it would help pay for beer.  Wait, if the camper already has MB's as a passholder, he potentially could have 10 surplus bands to sell.  That could bring in a hundred bucks.

TCD

Just back from the Fort.  We liked the Magic bands.  Yes I thought it made other lines longer but we tend to go to the park to ride certain things and eat and then head back to chill at the Fort.  DH has said next Orlando trip we will stay at the Fort and head to Universal on park days.  DD is more of a thrill ride kind of girl!  Sad to say this trip confirmed that she has outgrown the Magic Kingdom - even though her 50 year old mother hasn't outgrown it.  Just sighed when my two folks turned to me on Peter Pan and said "when do we get to shoot at stuff"  !!! UGH!