I'm so confused. I bought Adam's ticket on line which linked it to my account, which is linked to my mim's because the reservation is in her name. It is giving me the option to book FP for the next 30 days? My window opens tomorrow night, will it then let me book based on our arrival date?

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I laughed way too hard at this.   I'm not sure whether to flag this NSFW or not... It's the "Hitler finds out about..." style video.   http://youtu.be/LcT6h04qlAI

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few

Disney will (or already is) use the radio component of the MB's.  Why else would they have spent the money to include that feature in the design?  There are countless opportunities to sell us more stu

I'm so confused. I bought Adam's ticket on line which linked it to my account, which is linked to my mim's because the reservation is in her name. It is giving me the option to book FP for the next 30 days? My window opens tomorrow night, will it then let me book based on our arrival date?

It should. Until the reservation opens you could be using the ticket for any date

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere, but I figured adding it to this thread made sense.

WDWMagic has posted an article on using MyMagic+ with hard ticketed events.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/17sep2014-everything-you-need-to-know-about-using-mymagic-during-ticketed-events.htm

Some excerpts...

Linking Ticketed Event to MyMagic+

If you buy your party tickets directly from the 'My Disney Experience' website or app, your party tickets should automatically be linked to your 'My Disney Experience' account. If not, they can be manually linked.

A linked party ticket means that you do not have to hand over a paper ticket at the turnstiles to enter the event, and instead your RFID ticket or MagicBand becomes your park entry admission for the party. Once inside the park, you will still get a wristband as before.

Using FastPass+ at Ticketed Events

FastPass+ is not operational during ticketed special events, but there is something you should be aware of. Your event ticket will typically get you into the park at 4pm, which means that you can use FastPass+ between the hours of 4pm and 7pm (in the case of the two Magic Kingdom events).

Using MagicBands at Ticket Events

So what can you use a MagicBand for at one of the ticketed events? Just like on a normal park day, you can use a MagicBand to enter the park, buy food and merchandise with Touch-To-Pay, and use Disney PhotoPass and Memory Maker packages. FastPass+ is not available during the party, but is available from the earliest entry time at 4pm, through to the start of the party at 7pm.

Getting bored of your regular solid colored MagicBand? Disney has a range of special edition MagicBands, including a Haunted Mansion and Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party band

MyMagicPlus_Full_21781.jpg

From the Disney Parks Blog, and article about "Link it Later" and MagicBand accessories...

banban379221-613x405.jpg

I recently shared a look at how guests can use retail MagicBands and accessories to show their Disney Side when visiting Walt Disney World Resort. Today, I have additional details about a new option for retail MagicBands called “Link-It Later,” and a look at some of the newest MagicBandits coming soon to select merchandise locations in Florida.

banban837992-613x408.jpg

We offer retail MagicBands for purchase as an option for guests who may not be staying at a Walt Disney World Resort owned and operated hotel but want to take advantage of some cool technology during their visit. Typically, guests must present one of the following for retail MagicBands to be linked at the time of purchase: valid theme park admission, Memory Maker card or an active MagicBand.

With the “Link-It Later” option, guests will be able to purchase solid-colored MagicBands (available in seven colors) and link them to a valid theme park admission at a future date. This new option lets guests purchase MagicBands as gifts.

The graphic MagicBands, like the Haunted Mansion-themed one or the MagicBands featuring characters from Disney’s “Frozen,” can’t be linked later at this time.

“Link-It Later” is currently available in select retail locations at Walt Disney World Resort. It was recently expanded to participating off-site locations including Hotel Plaza Boulevard hotels in the Downtown Disney area, Disney liquidation stores in Florida, and the Disney merchandise shops at the Orlando International Airport.

Guests may visit their My Disney Experience account to associate MagicBands, using the “Link a MagicBand or Card” link.

fheuwe857463-613x367.jpg

I also convinced the retail MagicBand development team to give you a sneak preview of new MagicBandits coming soon. These small characters or icons can be attached to the side of any MagicBand. I particularly like the retro “world” logo seen in the first image above. I also heard they are working on some MagicBandits featuring famous ghosts that like to follow guests home.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/09/details-about-link-it-later-and-accessories-for-retail-magicbands-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

They may be working on a solution for the Magic Bands on the Comfort Station Doors.

Right next to the recent RFID readers they installed originally, they have placed the large Mickey Head style readers (similar to what is at the park entrances and FP machines). They don't appear to be activated yet.

• 2 weeks later...

I just ran across this...

December 2014 will bring a big change for the Walt Disney World attraction. Following a downtime, after Halloween, the ride will reopen with first ever ride photos and a souvenir ride video for guests who have an active Memory Maker account and are also wearing their MagicBand while on the attraction. The video will not be available to other guests for purchase. The guest with the MagicBand and MM account will not need to do anything, it will automatically load the video, after it has been edited, to their MyDisneyExperience account, ready for download within 24 hours. Ride photos can be purchased by other guests in a new gift shop located near the exit, currently named Yankee Trader.

http://www.disneydining.com/top-5-secrets-walt-disney-worlds-haunted-mansion-attraction/

OK, got a question about MDE while you are in the parks. We've got some meal reservations, and I did make a few FP+ selections. So does the system beep at you on your phone similar to a calendar reminder? Or do I need to go through the process of adding all this to my calendar?

OK, got a question about MDE while you are in the parks. We've got some meal reservations, and I did make a few FP+ selections. So does the system beep at you on your phone similar to a calendar reminder? Or do I need to go through the process of adding all this to my calendar?

It doesn't beep at you. I take a screen shot and just keep track of time. 

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few things cause we've done so much over the years we don't wait in lines.

Now with MDE, we can still spend a short amount of time in the parks, can ride the headliners we've reserved in advance.

I was just telling Rick, we might have to go to MK at Rope Drop one morning, so we can ride Seven Dwarfs, but just now, was able to get an afternoon slot for Seven Dwarfs one of our days. We also almost never ride Peter Pan due to the line, and now we can ride it.

If we can just get the Magic Bands to work on the comfort stations, I'll be a happy lady!!!

• 2 weeks later...

The more I'm playing with MDE, the more I'm liking it. We spend short amounts of time in the parks, usually pretty late in the day, and only rode maybe one or two attractions, and usually missed a few things cause we've done so much over the years we don't wait in lines.

Now with MDE, we can still spend a short amount of time in the parks, can ride the headliners we've reserved in advance.

I was just telling Rick, we might have to go to MK at Rope Drop one morning, so we can ride Seven Dwarfs, but just now, was able to get an afternoon slot for Seven Dwarfs one of our days. We also almost never ride Peter Pan due to the line, and now we can ride it.

If we can just get the Magic Bands to work on the comfort stations, I'll be a happy lady!!!

When we went in January the quirks were still being worked out but for the most part I was impressed. We did a couple rope drops but had FP+ for later in the afternoon. There are rides we like to ride multiple times but it was never feasible, it was a blast riding multiple times. I really do like the new system and I don't even mind the wristbands. And I did screen shots of our times just in case and to remind myself, it was quite helpful. 

I wouldn't put any weight on that theory. They claim the shop is opening dec 31. We had the ribbon cutting ceremony today. I've worked there several times and there is no where to buy a ride photo and no room to add the capability.

This is one of the reasons I despise bloggers. The author put this out there as fact. Claiming to know it as truth. And even now, when proved wrong, the article remains up with no edit to correct the info. The author threw it up and forgot about it. If you want me to acknowledge you as a serious journalist, take pride and ownership in your work.

I wouldn't put any weight on that theory. They claim the shop is opening dec 31. We had the ribbon cutting ceremony today. I've worked there several times and there is no where to buy a ride photo and no room to add the capability.

This is one of the reasons I despise bloggers. The author put this out there as fact. Claiming to know it as truth. And even now, when proved wrong, the article remains up with no edit to correct the info. The author threw it up and forgot about it. If you want me to acknowledge you as a serious journalist, take pride and ownership in your work.

OK-so the blogger got the date wrong and the part about being able to buy a ride photo wrong- but what about the part about them closing the attraction to add the capability of filming a MM video?  Is that part true?

TCD

The Haunted Mansion is not slated to close. Besides, they wouldnt need to close the attraction to add that capability anyway. They added it to the mine train without closing it. They added it to ToT without closing it.

The Haunted Mansion is not slated to close. Besides, they wouldnt need to close the attraction to add that capability anyway. They added it to the mine train without closing it. They added it to ToT without closing it.

It's not?

The upcoming closure from December 1 to December 19 has been reported lots of places, including:

WDW Magic: http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/haunted-mansion/news/09aug2014-the-haunted-mansion-closing-for-refurbishment-in-december.htm  (they also reported the gift shop opening date as January 1, 2015)

Dr. Disney: http://www.doctordisney.com/2014/08/09/haunted-mansion-closing-refurbishment-late-2014/  (they said New Year's Day would be the opening day for the gift shop)

The thing is, Twin #1, who works in Adventureland, was also told the HM would be going down for several weeks in December.  Are CM's just repeating web rumors?

TCD

I looked again. I only checked Nov for the closure as the blog said after Halloween. It is on the Dec schedule. But I assure you, its not to add that capability. Its just a normal refurb.

Thanks for clarifying that.  It's funny how the bloggers take a small bit of information, and then jump to all kinds of conclusions.  And, once one reports it, the others repeat what has been reported.  And then it is taken as fact, when it's really just one person's speculation.

It's too bad they're not adding a MM video- it would be cool to have that final scene with the ghosts interacting with guests on video.

TCD

My question is, why take down a popular ride during December, the busiest time of the year?

That's a very good question.

I figured the first couple of weeks of December are the slowest time they could squeeze this in before the holiday crowds arrive.

Why it can't wait until after January 1, I can't tell you.

That's why I believed the rumors that they were going to add video capability- that would allow them to take advantage of selling those videos to the holiday crowds.

TCD