Monkey Business At Da-FIENDed Creek!

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The Fiends invaded Da-FIENDed.....I mean, Defeated Creek Corps of Engineers Campground this weekend!    Yes, Defeated Creek.  DIT's favorite (except maybe for the Fort) campground!  If you're not fami

I have to say, I am very pleased with how this little trip report is turning out.  There are enough sidebars, tangents and hijacks to annoy the heck out of Bob.  I'm having fun!

I can tell you everynight since the mad Gorrilla sighting I have had to check closets and under neath beds for Izzy and Xander, I gave them the glow necklaces and I wish we had video of the lot of the

Honestly, until I saw the last update from YC, I truly thought y'all were kidding about the gorilla.  Who brings a giorilla costume to a campground???

Thanks for posting more pictures, YC.  I am hoping that there are a few more floating around that may be posted one day soon.

Go Braves!

My kids know that the day after Halloween, we will be up and out early in the morning to shop the sales.  We buy bags of candy and glowsticks on half price sales.  A few days later, we go out again to see what is left at 75% off.  At Wal-Mart, we often find good deals on orange sweatpants among other things.

I bring the glowsticks to WWW to keep track of wayward wild womenz. :laugh:

If you have a Dollar Tree nearby, they always have glow sticks.  And depending on the store, I've gotten various other battery/LED light up items for the granddaughters (to keep track of them).  They have flat bracelets that blink or stay on steady, finger lights you wear on your finger tips, and these short batons with a soft rubber ball on the end that flashes like crazy when you move it around. 

I love the perspective in this picture!

As Anna does to all the Fiends, she has captured the YC clan's hearts.  I would chase after her all day.  We had a great time on this day when Anna wanted to continue to walk with us as we were going to our site after breakfast.  We were able to snap a few good pixs.

FC00A79C-0EB5-4E40-AEBF-D07766FCCD8B-162

Go Braves.

Seeing this picture made me think of TCD, and his hammock, and one of his quotes. But in this case, "It's good to be Anna" It appears she is having the time of her life there.

edit: yay for post number 100 for me! :jumpforjoy

Seeing this picture made me think of TCD, and his hammock, and one of his quotes. But in this case, "It's good to be Anna" It appears she is having the time of her life there.

edit: yay for post number 100 for me! :jumpforjoy

Congrats on 100!

Now let's see if you can make it to 1000!

Anna can borrow my quote any time she likes!

It always brings a smile to my face to think about how Dave and INC rescued Anna from a fate that I cannot even begin to imagine.  God Bless the DIT Gang!

TCD

If you have a Dollar Tree nearby, they always have glow sticks.  And depending on the store, I've gotten various other battery/LED light up items for the granddaughters (to keep track of them).  They have flat bracelets that blink or stay on steady, finger lights you wear on your finger tips, and these short batons with a soft rubber ball on the end that flashes like crazy when you move it around. 

Yes, but what will be $1 at the Dollar Store today will be 50 cents at Wal-Mart and Big Lots on 11/01 and may even be 25 cents by 11/4. ;)

Great report it looks like you all had a great time, we need to try one day to combine this GG with our one in Gettysburg, just think how that would turn out. We might need to get a bigger campground anyway thanks for posting just wish we were there. Oh and being from just outside the Philadelphia area.......

Go Phillies!!!!!!!!!

It was funny....after we finished packing up, INC and I walked down to the YC campsite to "retrieve" Anna, and she was inside their pup and Mrs YC was doing her hair.  After raising two boys, that actually must have been fun....perhaps a prelude to doing a granddaughters hair someday?  :)  Thanks again for letting her tag along with you guys.   

Dave since Beth is not responding, as I can't get her to get her login, I will say on her behalf she had a ball playing "girl" with Anna.  Thank you for letting them play together.   :mademyday:

Great report it looks like you all had a great time, we need to try one day to combine this GG with our one in Gettysburg, just think how that would turn out. We might need to get a bigger campground anyway thanks for posting just wish we were there. Oh and being from just outside the Philadelphia area.......

Go Phillies!!!!!!!!!

I would be for a trip up north for a GG sometime.  Gettysburg is  a little far for us right now with the kids in school, but who knows maybe one day.  I would love for the boys to visit the battlefield.  We look forward to meeting more Fiends and visiting new places.

Go Braves.  Magic number = 1

I would be for a trip up north for a GG sometime.  Gettysburg is  a little far for us right now with the kids in school, but who knows maybe one day.  I would love for the boys to visit the battlefield.  We look forward to meeting more Fiends and visiting new places.

Go Braves.  Magic number = 1

The Gettysburg GG is usually around Easter weekend, if that helps at all not sure how your spring breaks fall.

8.  Monkey's do not do the tomahawk chop.  They are usually Philly fans.  Or Red Sox.  But not Braves. 

:rofl2:    I have no words. <3

1.  I love Anna pics.  Actually, I love pics of all the DIT girls.  They are all lovely and wonderful in their own right.

2.  TR's make me hungry.

3.  I miss the FIENDS!   

4.  Mrs. YC is awesome.

5.  I don't know why it's fun to annoy Bob, but it is.  One of life's great mysteries.

GO BRAVES!!!!!  (When in doubt, refer to the glittery Braves logo in my signature line)   ;D