Happy Fall Y'all! TCD's September 2013 Not So Scary TR

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you will still have 3 very expensive princess dresses to buy. And the color is white.

Lol. Only a southerner knows what "bless your heart..." Really means.

Ray I know you warned us, But you still owe me that 3:45 of my life back. 

Twin #1 did good!  Especially like the Headless Horseman photos.

Thanks, Gwen.

I have one more batch of her photos to share.

Awesome report

Thanks!

You must be getting ready for a trip to the Fort.  Seems like you're always there around Halloween.

Fixed that for you.

Very good.

Thank you.  I appreciate you telling the truth.  That guy is a poser. 

That's true.

Did I mention that we saw your girlfriend again at the parade?  She was looking for you.  I have some photos of that in the batch I'm about to post.

TCD

Great pix # 1.

Your girls always look so genuinely happy.

And so do you.

Their smiles are so infectious.

Yeah, we smile.

We're at the Happiest Place on EarthTM you know.

Actually, I think that's Disneyland.

I have to correct myself in Lou's absence.

Lou, if you're reading this, I think it's about time you came back.

TCD

Well, this is it.

The last batch of bonus photos.  There are 30, but that is all I have.

Let's do this.

Here's a photo of either Phineas or Ferb and the Creepa Crew.  I know FP4 corrected me when I called them the wrong names earlier in this report, but I don't remember which one is which, and I don't care enough to bother scrolling back to find out:

IMG_5789_zpsfd6ac609.jpg

Here's a good photo of the CM's who came to the party dressed as Country Bears:

IMG_5803_zps3523f8ee.jpg

This photo shows that the 10:30 parade didn't reach us until about 11:05:

IMG_5806_zps66520923.jpg

Here's a good photo of the group of face characters who marched near the front of the parade:

IMG_5808_zps4e040c72.jpg

DIT, this photo is for you:

IMG_5809_zps826f6cd2.jpg

FWG, this photo is for you:

IMG_5810_zps5afc63c4.jpg

If there is anyone reading along who likes Alice, this photo is for you:

IMG_5811_zps072d1c1a.jpg

A bonus pic for FWG:

IMG_5812_zps5dafaf1a.jpg

And that reminds me, Jim, Jasmine asked me to tell you to call her.  Sorry I forgot to pass that message on.

I think this is Mickey and Daisy.  I'm not sure what they're doing together.  That isn't Minnie, is it?:

IMG_5813_zpsf7ec11dc.jpg

Some of you might like Christopher Robin, but there's something about him that deeply annoys me:

IMG_5815_zps5daea32d.jpg

It was good to see Eeyore clowning around:

IMG_5816_zpse3d44591.jpg

I like how even Kanga and Roo have costumes:

IMG_5817_zps4936cd68.jpg

The Peter Pan group:

IMG_5818_zps92b4ef4c.jpg

Peter Pan was sweaty- he had probably been running from Big Wendy:

IMG_5820_zpsca4102eb.jpg

This pirate float is well done:

IMG_5821_zpsf82cf06c.jpg

I don't know where they find all the guys to play Captain Jack, but they seem to find good ones.  Have you heard the rumor that sometimes Johnny Depp himself rides on this float?  I have. Yeah right:

IMG_5822_zps9584d0f9.jpg

A good photo of the bloodhound from the Haunted Mansion.  I wonder what this poor dog thinks about all of this?:

IMG_5823_zps76841707.jpg

One of the coolest things to see in the parade is when the gravediggers stop and spin, scraping their shovels on the pavement.  It makes sparks.  A very simple effect, but it's cool to see. You can kind of see a couple of sparks in this photo:

IMG_5825_zps794bc296.jpg

These ghost dancers are great:

IMG_5826_zps3f7e299a.jpg

The Haunted Mansion float:

IMG_5827_zps48bbae69.jpg

Quick, is this Chip or Dale?:

IMG_5828_zps66c54b77.jpg

If you said Dale, please mail me your Fiend card. And smack yourself.  All Fiends need to know the difference between the chipmunks.  The easiest way, which is told at every Fort Wilderness campfire, is that Chip has a black nose like a chocolate chip.  He also has no space between his front teeth. Dale's nose is a reddish-brown, and he has a gap between his front teeth.  True Fiends know this.  You don't need to know the difference between Phineas and Ferb, but you must be able to distinguish Chip from Dale.  So if you got it wrong, this had better be the last time.

Here are some photos from when the Country Bears interacted with those boys who dressed like them.  You can see how everyone around them is laughing. The Country Bears were really hamming it up:

IMG_5829_zps48d48d5b.jpg

IMG_5830_zpse2d81df0.jpg

The villains float:

IMG_5831_zps40deacb6.jpg

A bunch of villains:

IMG_5834_zps6a72ddc7.jpg

This Dr. Facilier guy is very creepy.  The twins like him.  Which does not sit well with me:

IMG_5835_zps693671f3.jpg

Maleficent:

IMG_5836_zps86d693a5.jpg

Next year at this time, old Maleficent is going to be a pretty big deal.  I think that movie they're going to release next year is going to be pretty popular.  Right now, I don't think that many guests are in to her.  I bet that will be different next year.

The hyenas:

IMG_5838_zps72f1591d.jpg

Repurposed Buzz Lightyear cones:

IMG_5839_zps1f13ac84.jpg

The last float in the parade is Goofy's Candy machine.  Conveniently, this is also the 30th and last photo in this batch:

IMG_5840_zpsce9d6afc.jpg

And that is all I have.

Unless I sneak over for a trip this weekend.

TCD

I had never really wanted to go to MNSSHP before reading this thread and seeing the parade pictures.  I am still not sure it is worth the cost to see the parade, but getting to dress up to go to MK is another incentive.

Hoping you get to go for a day trip sometime soon.  (I would love if you were able to stop by the FF GG on 11/02, just so we can see even more pictures of it.)

Thank you (and everyone here) for writing trip reports.

I am hoping to for my first visit to the Fort in a couple years, and you really help newbies like me to know our way around. 

It's been a while since I have been to Disney, is Jiminy Cricket still around? 

great report as always :bravo:

Thanks, Harold.

I'm glad you liked it.

Well sneak on over, heck go ahead and start now.

I'll see what I can do.

Please sneak over!  Great parade photos!  You've convinced me to go MNSSHP some time.

I hope that you do go to MNSSHP some time.  I think you'd like it, and you would get some fabulous photos too, no doubt.

Thanks for taking us along once again.  I doubt I'll make it to another MNSSHP any time soon. 

Even though you said you don't care, that was Ferb in the photo.  Phineas' head is shaped like a triangle.

I need a way to remember that.  Chip likes chocolate chip cookies and his nose looks like a chocolate chip.

Is Ferb's head square?  A square has four sides and there are four letters in Ferb.  Maybe that would work.  If his head is square.

I had never really wanted to go to MNSSHP before reading this thread and seeing the parade pictures.  I am still not sure it is worth the cost to see the parade, but getting to dress up to go to MK is another incentive.

Hoping you get to go for a day trip sometime soon.  (I would love if you were able to stop by the FF GG on 11/02, just so we can see even more pictures of it.)

It's hard to justify the cost, but if there's a way to swing it, those parties are a fun thing to do.

I would say there's no chance that I'll be anywhere near the Fort on 11/2.  I will be at a football game that day.  I'm not sure which one at the moment, but there are two big ones that I have to choose between.

Great TR! Hope you do sneak over you know for Halloween ! It is sad to see all the changes most not good. Can't wait till the next one!

I can't wait until the next one either.

But I have to.

Thank you (and everyone here) for writing trip reports.

I am hoping to for my first visit to the Fort in a couple years, and you really help newbies like me to know our way around. 

It's been a while since I have been to Disney, is Jiminy Cricket still around? 

Yeah, of course, he's around.

But not anyplace where you can meet him at the moment.

He shows up in parades.  I saw him last December in his Christmas gear:

122212070.jpg

. A few years ago our boys got pics with him at the Conservation Station in Animal Kingdom.

We saw him there too.

Unfortunately no.  We went there last year specifically to see him and were told he wasn't making appearances there anymore.

Yup.  He stopped a just a while back.

I'll bet he pops up here and there.

TCD

Is Ferb's head square?  A square has four sides and there are four letters in Ferb.  Maybe that would work.  If his head is square.

phineas-and-ferb-profile.jpg

Maybe this will help.  Looking at the logo you can see that Phineas' name starts with a pointy P like his head and Ferb's head is sort of F shaped.  Love that show!