Happy Fall Y'all! TCD's September 2013 Not So Scary TR

Funny you should mention FWG's Ariel.

Great minds thing alike.

Read on.

I am also thankful that Yo Gabba Gabba was not a thing with my girls.

I wasn't going to bring this up, but I'm pretty sure Loud Alex is sporting a Moose Knuckle in the photo I posted of the pirate girl.

Dude needs some baggier knickers.

Horrific silly behavior?

Isn't that every kids' show?

I saw some horrific silly behavior in Barney, the Telletubbies, and all the shows my kids used to watch.

I know.

How come I never heard of them?

You'll hear him way before you see him.

Avert your eyes from the knickers though.

TCD

TCD and Devores, I think you're being very naughty!  I kind of get the camel toe reference, but not the "reverse" part, plus he is a guy?  Moose knuckle?  What the Fort is that?  Do I want to know?  Perhaps you should pm me the explanation.

Poor Alex.  He has no idea his nether regions are being discussed on a Disney forum read by thousands of people.

And yes I realize this is the second time in one TR that I haven't understood some kind of lingo.  It either means I am really getting old, or need to get out more, or both.

Venti Ariel clearly has no full length mirrors in her home.  Now, I applaud women who walk around with a high level of self esteem and are comfortable with who they are, even if they don't fit the images of what marketers think is beautiful.  When they're dressed appropriately.  When I see people like this, at Disney or elsewhere, my personal theory is that they are looking for attention.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you will still have 3 very expensive princess dresses to buy. And the color is white.

Lol. Only a southerner knows what "bless your heart..." Really means.

Ray I know you warned us, But you still owe me that 3:45 of my life back. 

He does now. I let him know.

That must have been awkward.

Devores: "hey, um Alex, so I belong to this Internet site and someone took a pic of you"

Alex (loudly) "um, okay!"

Devores : "yeah, well, umm, there is some talk about your moose knuckle showing..."

Yeah, that's got be an odd topic.

That must have been awkward.

Devores: "hey, um Alex, so I belong to this Internet site and someone took a pic of you"

Alex (loudly) "um, okay!"

Devores : "yeah, well, umm, there is some talk about your moose knuckle showing..."

Yeah, that's got be an odd topic.

You obviously don't know me or Alex.

Me "Hey Alex, your moose knuckle is all over the internet. "

Alex "cool"

Talking about the group with "A"'s. I'm so happy to see the group from Antarctica finally made it to Florida. Who was toting the flag for the group? We're they singing as loud as the Brazilian groups?...lol

I will add my $.02 to the MDE discussion.

In my opinion, Disney had done a terrible job explaining this to passholders.  The only information I've received about it is from this message board, which I appreciate.

If you're a passholder, you can go on this site, and "link" your pass.  Whatever that means: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/plan/my-disney-experience/

I was hoping to be able to get my hands on a Magic Band, so I linked my pass a while back.

And got nothing.

But, when I go on to the MDE site, I can see my pass, and the KTTW cards for my stays at the Fort in May and September on my page.

It looks like this.  Well, not exactly like this, because it has my name and all of the TCD gangs' names as well as specific ID numbers under each of the pass/KTTW icons. I removed the identifying information in case there are any murderers reading along who pick their victims from message boards:

MDEScreen_zps294b8751.jpg

You may notice that there are more names listed than there are members of the TCD gang.  That's because on one reservation, they included the twins' middle initials in their names and on another they didn't.  You will also see that a lost pass is listed in my profile.  I didn't lose my pass. The current pass I have was upgraded from a seasonal to a full pass by me in June.  They list my old pass as lost.  At one time the twins' passes were also shown in my profile, but for some reason they aren't anymore. 

I didn't link any of these KTTW cards to my profile-Disney did it.

You can click on each of those icons, and a new screen showing the status of the cards is shown.  All of the KTTW cards show as "active."  I think that means I can get FP's with them, but I haven't checked yet.

So, getting to Lonestar's question, if you have an AP, you can link it to MDE before you arrive.  If you do, I believe the KTTW card FP trick will work.  If you don't, I don't see how it could. MDE won't know who you are.

I don't know of any downside to linking your pass.  So do it.

TCD

But my pass is not RFID it is still the old paper one so can you still link it?

I'm going to go ahead and admit I've been Bob Barker and Rod Roddy for Halloween before. Except my costumes were much better. And only older ladies seemed to get it. Oh well....

I was also in DHS Sunday morning. We just missed each other again.

Great TR.

The Ursula costume was good.

And there is a Chance the little girl picked out her costume and the parents followed suit.

I realize the role could have worked better reversed (and should have) but at least the Mom took her Ursula to MK and had the guts to dress up.  I am probably considered venti and because of that and my insecurities I have never dressed up for Halloween with my DD who would love that, and who does not care what I look like and loves me to pieces.

I need to get over that, even if I may appear on someones trip report online sometime in a not so flattering image. I admit The clam-shell shirt would have been a no go. I try to deflect attention rather then attract it to my imperfections. But kudos the her and her family for making it happen. 

Btw- The mom in the blue nightgown? Wendy-Duh.

I do not know what the hell a moose knuckle is either. Do you make this stuff up?

:clint:

And there is a Chance the little girl picked out her costume and the parents followed suit.

I realize the role could have worked better reversed (and should have) but at least the Mom took her Ursula to MK and had the guts to dress up.  I am probably considered venti and because of that and my insecurities I have never dressed up for Halloween with my DD who would love that, and who does not care what I look like and loves me to pieces.

I need to get over that, even if I may appear on someones trip report online sometime in a not so flattering image. I admit The clam-shell shirt would have been a no go. I try to deflect attention rather then attract it to my imperfections. But kudos the her and her family for making it happen. 

I do not know what the hell a moose knuckle is either. Do you make this stuff up?

Thank you!  I am not alone in my lack of knowledge of naughty references.

That is a good point about Ariel mom.  She's trying to make memories for her little girl.  And let's not forget how hot and humid it is to be wearing costumes in the FL sun, even in the evening, it's sticky.

I too lean toward the venti side, but again, wouldn't wear a mermaid getup.  Probably not even if I were thin, due to my age.  I also cover up at the pool.  I don't want to see the details of my cellulite, so I am pretty sure most others don't want to either.

Moose Knuckle

A man's version of a camel toe. The result of wearing spandex, or pants that are way too tight--resulting in an unsightly bulge of his junk.

Camel Toe

the appearance of a wedge in a womans genital region resulting from tight fitting clothes

(took me a while to find definitions clean enough to post)

TCD and Devores, I think you're being very naughty!  I kind of get the camel toe reference, but not the "reverse" part, plus he is a guy?  Moose knuckle?  What the Fort is that?  Do I want to know?  Perhaps you should pm me the explanation.

Poor Alex.  He has no idea his nether regions are being discussed on a Disney forum read by thousands of people.

And yes I realize this is the second time in one TR that I haven't understood some kind of lingo.  It either means I am really getting old, or need to get out more, or both.

Venti Ariel clearly has no full length mirrors in her home.  Now, I applaud women who walk around with a high level of self esteem and are comfortable with who they are, even if they don't fit the images of what marketers think is beautiful.  When they're dressed appropriately.  When I see people like this, at Disney or elsewhere, my personal theory is that they are looking for attention.

Dave started it!  I did not want to discuss Loud Alex's wedgie, and then Dave started with the reverse camel toe.

Don't feel bad about not knowing about moose knuckles- I didn't either.   I found out about them from a previous trip report on this site.  And, once your boys are both teenagers, you will know more hip lingo than you possibly could want to know.

I agree with you about Venti Ariel.  I'll share some more of my thoughts below.

Talking about the group with "A"'s. I'm so happy to see the group from Antarctica finally made it to Florida. Who was toting the flag for the group? We're they singing as loud as the Brazilian groups?...lol

An Antarctic tour group?  Of course- why didn't I think of that?

I'm going to go ahead and admit I've been Bob Barker and Rod Roddy for Halloween before. Except my costumes were much better. And only older ladies seemed to get it. Oh well....

I was also in DHS Sunday morning. We just missed each other again.

Great TR.

Well, I just learned something else from ff.net.  I never knew the name of the Price is Right announcer.  Now I do.  A Bob Barker/Rod Roddy combo would be good.  But, according to Wikipedia, old Rod died 10 years ago.  So, only old ladies would get those costumes.  You'd be better off going as an Aquabot.

That is too funny that you were at DHS on Sunday morning.  If I didn't know better I would think we have another TCD stalker on our hands.

The old ladies have always loved them some Bob Barker.  As long as they didn't try to play Plinko with you. 

Plinko.

It's not cool that you even know what that is.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone with my Venti Ariel comments.  You had to be there.  What bothered me was how the lady acted.  She clearly wanted to be the center of attention.  After raising three daughters, there always seemed to be at least one mom in any situation we were in who wanted to be the center of attention.  And they typically weren't the Venti moms.  Usually, they're the ones who are so busy that they have to wear their skimpy work out outfits to drop off or pick up their kids.  Or the ones who dress in Hollister clothes identical to their daughters, and make sure to point out that fact.  Sad.

OK, that lady is Wendy.  I guess I missed the episode when Phineas and Ferb visited Neverland.

Thank you!  I am not alone in my lack of knowledge of naughty references.

That is a good point about Ariel mom.  She's trying to make memories for her little girl.  And let's not forget how hot and humid it is to be wearing costumes in the FL sun, even in the evening, it's sticky.

I too lean toward the venti side, but again, wouldn't wear a mermaid getup.  Probably not even if I were thin, due to my age.  I also cover up at the pool.  I don't want to see the details of my cellulite, so I am pretty sure most others don't want to either.

I think you will be the one with more knowledge of naughty references in a couple of years.

Great name for a business.

Much better than Lizard Lick.

Tcd. Why when you saw the girl grilling for her family at the pool didn't you yell. FUEGO

Not a bad idea.

But, I can't scream the way those folks can.  They would not have been impressed.

I had an Ariel sighting myself, today.  But this one was far less offensive:

IMG_2296.jpg

I dare say it's an ever better likeness than the one you spotted, Andrew.

That is priceless.

Thanks for sharing.

If this is a business, they had better be ready for a letter from Disney's lawyers.

TCD

Let's move on.

We left off on Sunday night at the Food and Wine Festival.  The plan was to graze a bit and then head out the International Gateway to get to Hollywood Studios in time to use our Toy Story Fastpasses before they expired at 8:10.

We stopped at Ireland next.  None of us had stopped here on Friday night, because we went around the World Showcase the other way, and were too full by the time we got here.

I noticed that they have food type plants in pots next to all the booths this year.  I don't remember that in the past.  For some reason, they had this coffee plant next to the Ireland booth:

92913587_zpsbc53146d.jpg

Do they grow coffee in Ireland?

Maybe some young Imagineer heard of Irish Coffee and decided to put a coffee plant here?

I like how they theme the food booths.  The Ireland booth has a thatched roof, like cottages do in Ireland:

92913588_zps5de56ec2.jpg

All the Castmembers in the Ireland booth were American, though.  I am not sure how this works.  In the France booth, those CM's are definitely French.  In the Italy booth, the same.  But, then you come to a booth like Ireland, and it's all American kids on the college program.  The China booth seems to be staffed with Chinese people, but the Korean booth is college kids again. Anyone know why? 

Unfortunately for me, they were still cooking a batch of Fisherman Pies when I ordered, so I had to wait a while here.  Gave me a chance to look around:

92913589_zps6f5070b4.jpg

We tried the cheese platter and Fisherman's Pie here.  I don't have a photo of the cheese, but I do have one of the pie:

92913590_zpsff726fa5.jpg

That is definitely one of my favorite items at the Food and Wine Festival.

We sat on a curb across from the Ireland booth to eat our selections.  If you sit over here, watch where you sit:

92913591_zpsefcd97d6.jpg

Next stop for us was France.  I had tried the new buff on Friday, but the girls hadn't.  Our favorite thing in the entire Food and Wine Festival used to be the Coq a Vin they served in France.  It might have just been that this was a Sunday night, but it seemed that the France booth was less crowded than usual:

92913592_zpsc203287a.jpg

The Belgium booth was not busy at all:

92913593_zpsf701b3ea.jpg

We didn't stop there.  I've heard, though, that the beef waffle dish they have here is very good. I need to go back and try that.

Nothing from the New Zealand menu appealed to any of us.  After the mussel discussion on another thread, though, I may go back and try the mussels:

92913594_zps1401439e.jpg

As you may have noticed, we had traveled a bit past the International Gateway at this time.  A couple of us wanted to get another sausage on pretzel roll from Germany.  That wasn't a wise move time-wise, but we are not slaves to a schedule at WDW.  We would take our chances.

The new restaurant they're building at Morocco still isn't done. I thought they would try to have it done before this year's Food and Wine Festival, as the construction wall really infringes on the walkway.  This surely causes bottlenecks on busy nights:

92913596_zps72447158.jpg

Some of the girls wanted to stop in Japan for sushi.  I also wanted to try the spicy roll:

92913600_zps9d7eb19f.jpg

This was good.  Not great.  But good.  And a very good value, relatively speaking. Just don't eat the pistachio ice cream they put on the plate- it's spoiled.

The TCD girls posed for a couple of photos here in Japan:

92913601_zps26e1bbf2.jpg

92913602_zps11efcdb4.jpg

It was a beautiful night:

92913603_zps0df2cbed.jpg

There are some new things here at the Florida Local booth this year.  We haven't tried those yet.  Another reason to go back:

92913604_zpsa714405d.jpg

We did got to Germany.  The girls got on the food line, and I got on the beer line.  I wanted to try again for the Grapefruit beer.  The line was long:

92913606_zps572e3dad.jpg

And it moved slow.  It took me ten minutes just to get to the place to order.  Just as I was about to order, a guy from the place where they were filling the beer said, they were out of grapefruit.  Dadgummit!. I ordered something else.  And then got in the new line of guests waiting for the beer they had already paid for.

It turns out the line was so long because there were people at the front who had ordered the grapefruit beer before it was announced that they were out, and they had gone to get a new keg.  So, I had to wait behind them, because none of the college kids pouring the beer thought to have the grapefruit people wait off to the side so the other beers could be served. It was a mess.  It took me another 15 minutes from the time I paid before I finally got up to the counter for them to pour my beer.  By then, they were pouring the grapefruit again.  The grapefruit was the same price as the beer I had paid for, so I asked the young man who took my receipt if I could switch.  I fully expected him to say no, but he said sure.  So, the good news is I finally got my grapefruit beer.  The bad news is it took almost 30 minutes just for that.  And, we didn't have time to spare.  It was past 7:30 by the time I had my beer in my hand.  No way we were going to make it to Toy Story before 8:10.  Oh well.

We huddled and made a new plan.  We would go ahead and make our way to DHS, but the girls decided that we should stop for ice cream at the new place in France on the way.  Fine with me.

The girls all got a cone, and I finished my beer.  Since it was my birthday, and I had a beer, I got to wear the bottom of someone's cone as a hat:

92913607_zpsc921d18d.jpg

That photo was taken at 8:19.

At 8:36, we were here on the boat on our way to DHS:

92913611_zpse5189501.jpg

We got the night Epcot resort tour:

92913612_zpsfd17971b.jpg

Hollywood Studios was closing at 9, but then had EMH's until 11.  We decided to see the 9:30 Fantasmic show.  The girls love this show. I like it.  It's been a while since we've been to a Fantasmic showing that had this light a crowd.  The sections on each of the far sides of the seating area where empty- just the center part was full.  That was a good sign.

Usually, going to TOT and RNR after Fantasmic is not a good idea.  The crowds usually flock there.  Not tonight.  TOT was a walk on.  Here's our ride photo:

92913613_zpscf64369b.jpg

And RNR was also a walk-on:

92913616_zps28c051a9.jpg

Here's our ride photo:

92913617_zpsd6cf3023.jpg

Twin #1 and I are enjoying our Craisins in that photo.  Remember how the other girls said they didn't like them?  They were sorry.

That RNR photo was taken at 10:30.  That meant we had time to go for a ride on Toy Story after all.

On the way, we ran in to Mulch, Sweat and Sheers.  We always run into them.  They don't have their stage at the moment, so they're back to their truck  There may have been more band members than audience members:

92913618_zps5472dcbb.jpg

92913620_zps3e58abef.jpg

It is one of life's great mysteries that these guys still have a gig at DHS.  No one likes them.  You can see that from the small audience.  Yet, DHS management lets them torture guests with their "music" almost every night.  Why?  Do they pay DHS to let them play there?  Maybe that's it.

We made it to Toy Story by 10:45.  The posted wait time was 70 minutes.  Liars.  We went in, and there was no one in the queue.  No one.  We did hit a bit of a line when we went up the stairs.  They loaded guests slow enough to ensure that we couldn't get two rides in, but at least we got one.

And that was it.  The park was closed.

Now we had the task of getting back to the Fort, and retrieving out golf cart from the settlement.

We went to the WL/FW bus stop, and we were the only ones there.  Like always, buses came to pick up at all the neighboring bus stops, and we waited.  But, after only about 10 minutes, they finally sent one of the 50 buses sitting there to pick us up.  The bus driver asked us if we were going to the Lodge or the Fort, and we told her the Fort.  Luckily for us, she took us to the Fort first.  That was good.

Usually, at this hour, you will find an internal bus waiting at the Outpost.  They load that up, and take guests to where they need to go.  But, there were no buses or people at the Outpost.

After a few minutes, though, a bus came.  The driver asked where we were going, and I told him we needed to go to the Settlement.  He said no problem, and proceeded to take us directly there non-stop, right down the middle of the campground.  That was sweet.

So our bus ride back ended up not being an ordeal at all.

We got our cart, and headed back to the site.

And, that was it for my birthday.

Tomorrow we would be packing up to go home.

That meant I needed to get up early for a last batch of photos.

TCD

Oh, you can't offend me. I'm Sorry if my comment came off that way-totally was not intentional, and I totally get it on the coal ladies (like my new abbreviation? I bet no one has used "coal" <--- Center Of Attention Ladies)There are a couple coal's at my daughters school who think it is just wonderful to wear skinny jeans while there a$$ and belly are hanging out among other colorful outfits. At LUNCH no less.  I at least try to dress so I do  not embarrass my kid!

I think Wendy did not get the memo that Phineas and Ferb never visited Neverland!

I think I do have a secret fear of ending up on someones trip report though because this time when we go, we will be PRIME TARGETS!  Scooter, Stroller, baby harness, and I am sure I will get no sleep so I will probably look like a Venti raving lunatic between caring for my Mom and 11 mo old.