Happy Fall Y'all! TCD's September 2013 Not So Scary TR

I'm feeling your sadness.  

We've been to WDW many times with our kids.  We've made many trips with just the two of us.  I've had one solo day.  My favorite so far?  The solo day!  One glorious day to do whatever I wanted, whenever and wherever I wanted.  Pure bliss.  No one else to try and keep happy.  

The first half of our upcoming trip will be with grandkids.  I'm looking forward to it but also a little apprehensive.  A group of 8 will be hard to keep happy all the time.  Will let you all know how it goes.

A solo day trip isn't weird at all ... even a solo weekend trip ... we will really miss your frequent TRs and look forward to you making it back soon!

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you will still have 3 very expensive princess dresses to buy. And the color is white.

Lol. Only a southerner knows what "bless your heart..." Really means.

Ray I know you warned us, But you still owe me that 3:45 of my life back. 

While I am throwing out Smashing Pumpkins references, you are quoting Cher. 

Please let the record reflect that was 100% unintentional.

I am not a fan.

At all.

That dude scares me.

I'm feeling your sadness.  

We've been to WDW many times with our kids.  We've made many trips with just the two of us.  I've had one solo day.  My favorite so far?  The solo day!  One glorious day to do whatever I wanted, whenever and wherever I wanted.  Pure bliss.  No one else to try and keep happy.  

The first half of our upcoming trip will be with grandkids.  I'm looking forward to it but also a little apprehensive.  A group of 8 will be hard to keep happy all the time.  Will let you all know how it goes.

A solo day trip isn't weird at all ... even a solo weekend trip ... we will really miss your frequent TRs and look forward to you making it back soon!

Thanks, Gwen.

Right now, I'm not feeling a solo trip. 

I'm sure there will be some day trips coming up.

This upcoming weekend might be a good time to try since UF is playing away and FSU has off. 

But Twin #1 got an invite to go with a friend and her family to some place for the weekend.

And Twin #2 has a full social calendar.

It's hard for me to mention that the place Twin #1 got invited to was WDW.  She met a girl whose parents are taking her to the Food and Wine Festival, and she invited Twin #1 along.  That girl will make one heck of a tour guide.

TCD

Nice Smashing Pumpkins reference!

I used to get sad leaving Disney, until I got married and had kids.

I guess knowing that you live in proximity, and having your family in the truck with you kind of stems the post-trip let down, and I can totally see how once that changes, you sort of get back to that sad place where the seats are empty again. I get it.

I knew that sounded familiar but it didn't hit me right away!  Leave it to you!

Did you see the RnR HoF nominees?  Lame.

While I am throwing out Smashing Pumpkins references, you are quoting Cher. 

Hilarious!  I wonder if he can emulate the hair flip too?  Like that guy on Will and Grace who was obsessed with her.

Such a sad ending. The bonus better cheer us up.

Aw, come on.  Don't be sad.

The bonus content is just some of Twin #1's photos from the trip.

Don't get too excited.

Hilarious!  I wonder if he can emulate the hair flip too?  Like that guy on Will and Grace who was obsessed with her.

I've never seen Will and Grace, and have no plans to.

So move on.

Do I see a part-time job in her future?

Maybe.

Both of the twins really want to do the Disney College Program.  But, it may be hard to find the time.

I caught that one too. But then my number got called at the DMV. 

What's that, another hippie song reference?

I hope y'all are having fun talking in your secret hippie code.

TCD

Me thinks TCD doth protest too much. 

I think we have stumbled onto a secret Cher obsession. 

Seriously, I am scared of that dude.

No obsession.  I promise.

Nope I was actually at the DMV getting Maria registered. LOL

LOL.

Sorry.

That sounded like a line right out of one of those hippie songs DIT listens to.

TCD

Add me to the list of those sad that this trip is over.

I get what you mean about being happy the girls are doing what they set out to do. I am starting to get some of those mixed up feelings when it comes to DS. He got his first college acceptance e-mail notification from one of his top choices. I love that he got it and then I start to think where did the time go.

Great report as usual. You always make the most out of all your fort trips. I'm lucky to get out of bed by 11 when we are there. As most know Fort= relax for me. We leave Saturday morning for a quick weekend trip to AOA resort for a Sunday night MNSSHP then it's about 30 days til a thanksgiving at the fort. Why do I feel I will run into you over Thanksgiving? Hope so. We still need to catch a nice cold one.

I noticed DITs ticker also.

I'm glad to see you've planned a trip back to the world.

I remember you saying it was going to be a while till you guys were going to make it back. But you've only got 1 year and a month till your trip. You better start planning now.

OHANNNAAAA!

DIT has a ticker? I'm jealous!

I've been meaning to share a shirt I saw this weekend that reminded me of this report.

null_zps0738dc3b.jpg

OK, so it's the wrong team for you, but it fits the theme of the report and is CUTE.

I am glad to see that DIT is planning his return.

That shirt is cute- but:

alabama_yall_t_shirt__03055.1380727185.1

texas_yall_t_shirt__74728.1380727263.165

e2fd3913309550e1c558bf0b3242c67c.jpgtennessee_yall_t_shirt__37889.1380727210

Do y'all get the picture?

Add me to the list of those sad that this trip is over.

I get what you mean about being happy the girls are doing what they set out to do. I am starting to get some of those mixed up feelings when it comes to DS. He got his first college acceptance e-mail notification from one of his top choices. I love that he got it and then I start to think where did the time go.

Congratulations to your son!  That first acceptance is the best.  It lets you know that at least he's got someplace to go!  Enjoy this time-it's fun! 

Great report as usual. You always make the most out of all your fort trips. I'm lucky to get out of bed by 11 when we are there. As most know Fort= relax for me. We leave Saturday morning for a quick weekend trip to AOA resort for a Sunday night MNSSHP then it's about 30 days til a thanksgiving at the fort. Why do I feel I will run into you over Thanksgiving? Hope so. We still need to catch a nice cold one.

Thanks, Dave.

Have a great time this weekend!  I hope you have light crowds for the MNSSHP.  If you think of it, get some of the special Sorcerers Cards.  I have mine, but I know folks who need them.

At this point, a stay at the Fort over Thanksgiving week looks very unlikely for me.  Not to mention I have no reservations.  But, a day trip or even two to WDW is very likely.

I noticed DITs ticker also.

I'm glad to see you've planned a trip back to the world.

I remember you saying it was going to be a while till you guys were going to make it back. But you've only got 1 year and a month till your trip. You better start planning now.

OHANNNAAAA!

It doesn't seem like Thanksgiving unless the DIT crew is at the Fort.  I'm also glad to see that a return trip is being planned.  It's a good thing DIT is giving everyone fair warning.  The Fort management will need to get those anti-shimmy guards installed on the Pioneer Hall poles.

TCD

It doesn't seem like Thanksgiving unless the DIT crew is at the Fort.  I'm also glad to see that a return trip is being planned.  It's a good thing DIT is giving everyone fair warning.  The Fort management will need to get those anti-shimmy guards installed on the Pioneer Hall poles.

TCD

There hasn't been an anti-shimmy guard designed that can hold me back. 

Next year's mission is different though....I'm moving the old totem pole from the horse trail to the Settlement.  Who's with me?

There hasn't been an anti-shimmy guard designed that can hold me back. 

Next year's mission is different though....I'm moving the old totem pole from the horse trail to the Settlement.  Who's with me?

You are the man with the plan.

I'm down.

I might have to get thanksgiving off next year. Think moving totem pole as my vaca request would help?

You probably need to think of a more creative way to word that vacation request.

TCD

As advertised, I have two small batches of bonus photos to share.

These all were taken on Twin #1's camera on our MNSSHP night.  The out of focus ones were taken by me when I had camera duty. 

Here's Twin #2 on the way to the party.  That hand signal she's doing is for the Monster's University fraternity Oozma Kappa:

IMG_5713_zpsf0ef726c.jpg

Apparently, real life sororities have secret gang signs that they flash.  Here Twin #2 is doing hers:

IMG_5738_zps441dd30b.jpg

I was handed the camera to take a group shot of the girls with Rapunzel and Flynn.  I thought I did a good job until Twin #1 pointed out that my finger was in the shot.  Fail:

IMG_5740_zps936f90dc.jpg

The girls with Snow White and her prince:

IMG_5742_zpsf32a9f0b.jpg

IMG_5743_zpsda9bd7a2.jpg

I have some photos from the Monsters U dance party:

IMG_5746_zps6c681443.jpg

IMG_5747_zpsb6380560.jpg

IMG_5750_zps65c2afec.jpg

IMG_5751_zps387e32db.jpg

IMG_5752_zpsab2eb391.jpg

That was fun.

The twins with Gaston:

IMG_5756_zps4e530de8.jpg

Some fairly decent fireworks shots:

IMG_5757_zpsa00ac1cc.jpg

IMG_5768_zps931570b7.jpg

IMG_5777_zps8193496d.jpg

IMG_5779_zpsc5c9b8bf.jpg

Twin #1 even got a couple of decent shots of the Headless Horseman, which is not a very easy thing to do with the lighting on Main Street:

IMG_5785_zps0905d2d5.jpg

IMG_5786_zpsf739089f.jpg

I'll stop this bonus update here, as the next batch is all parade photos, and I will need space for them.

TCD