Happy Fall Y'all! TCD's September 2013 Not So Scary TR

Update time.

We left off on Friday afternoon, as we hung around the Fort.

Of course, I had to check on the 1500 loop, and found this interesting item parked on one of the sites:

92913084_zpsd08a4660.jpg

92913085_zpsc6a23ab0.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what that is.

I guess it's a little cabin on wheels.

Ok to tow a short distance, I guess.  But, I don't even see how it would be legal to tow that thing.  It doesn't seem to have any lights on it.  I wanted to check and see if there was a license plate on the back, but I didn't get around to that.

Lunch today was going to be hot dogs cooked at the site.  But, I had some boxes of Kraft macaroni and cheese too, so lunch ended up being the shortcut version of Pirate Jeff's Macaroni and Cheese.

We ate around 2.

Just as we were finishing up, a car pulled up.

It was Lou.

He came to make his rounds.

I was in the middle of cleaning up, so I let him use the cart.  I know he was looking to meet FWG.  He came back a bit later and said he had met up with Gary and Marylyn on the 1300 loop, but FWG was not home.   Lou and I visited for a while.  I mentioned to him that the Troll family was encamped just around the loop.  He had never met the Trolls.  I said let's go and see if they're in.  So we did.  As luck would have it, both Mr. and Mrs. Troll were hanging out under the not very moldy Troll awning.  The Troll dogs were there too.  Lou loves dogs. So Lou was happy.  I think he liked the Trolls too.  In fact, after a while I let everyone know that I needed to get back to my site because we had plans to head over to the MK.  Lou said he would stay and continue visiting.  And he did.  I would have loved to be a fly on the wall for that conversation.  You know how the Troll feels about the Disney bus system.

You might be wondering about our plans for the evening.

Well, wonder no more.  We were heading to the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party for the night.  This is a big deal for us.  I hate to pay extra for these special parties, but they were selling passholders tickets to this one for $56.  It costs $67 to go for regular price on a Friday night in October.  What a deal!

The girls were really excited about this. They had discussed making simple costumes for us to wear, and Twin #1 stepped up and made us each a shirt and hat to wear.

Here are the girls modeling them on the Fort dock:

92913087_zps43868188.jpg

Selfie!:

ondock_zps85806d6e.jpg

You see what's going on there?

For tonight, we are all members of Oozma Kappa.  The Monsters University Fraternity.  We've got Sully, Mike and Squishy.

Here's the official Oozma Kappa hand signal:

92913088_zpsab26af94.jpg

You want to see my shirt and hat?

Hang on a second-it's coming.

There were group shots taken on the dock with Twin #1's camera. But, I don't have those photos to share at the moment.

It seemed like the MK boat was a long time coming.

So, I enjoyed the view:

92913089_zpsf385ba8e.jpg

You know what I enjoy about that view?

You can see three different WDW resorts right from that spot.

Look:

3resorts_zps546ddde6.jpg

Finally, our boat came.  Only it wasn't our boat.  It was a resort boat, that they were using as an MK boat.  Why?:

92913091_zps280e9443.jpg

Did anyone see the line of people on this dock?

Look:

92913092_zpsf6386b0b.jpg

I appreciate how that kid in the orange shirt smiled for the camera.  He and his family were all dressed up as Cinderella characters.  He apparently is a pumpkin.  Good sport.

You see that dude in the Phillies cap?  I predicted he and all the folks behind him are not going to make this boat.

We all packed in to that little boat.

And look who got left standing on the dock:

92913093_zps63b91f22.jpg

But the boat captain ordered us all the squeeze a little tighter.  And, then there was room for Phillies fan and his family.  But the rest of those folks were screwed.

Hey look- there's a big boat with no one on it.  Couldn't they use that to transport guests on a busy night like this?  Nope:

92913094_zps68b17836.jpg

92913095_zps74df87f1.jpg

Here's a selfie showing my Monsters U hat:

92913096_zps1a6e31fc.jpg

I am Don Carlton, a "mature" student.

We were on the right side of the boat to get a good look at the shoe tree:

92913097_zpseb5bc2b2.jpg

There's a good crop this season.  Low hangers too:

92913098_zps05903f9e.jpg

There's River Country.  No bulldozer for DIT, though.  Sorry:

92913099_zps0fad1f48.jpg

The Castmember/Lake Patrol dock:

92913100_zpsfc7faf26.jpg

The Wilderness Lodge folks also got a small boat- but they didn't have a crowd like the Fort did:

92913101_zpsadf2b056.jpg

On a previous trip, one of the boat captains pointed out how the railings on these ships are made of rubber, not wood.  I never knew that, as they sure look like wood, but if you push one, you'll see that it really is rubber:

92913102_zps0d5317ca.jpg

I think it's cool to see a monorail pass overhead as we cruised to the Seven Seas Lagoon:

92913103_zps696048c9.jpg

92913104_zps80629083.jpg

Looking over at the Grand Floridian, I found out where our Magic Kingdom boat was:

92913105_zps314cff53.jpg

The Polynesian had one too:

92913106_zps345ea4ce.jpg

I see.  The SOB's in charge took our boats away so the rich folks at the Deluxe Resorts didn't have to wait.  Nevermind that they have the monorail, and a shorter trip across the water.  Screw the filthy campers.  That's always the way.

It looked like there was something on the island that used to have the Polynesian wave machines on it, but I couldn't tell what:

92913107_zps156fd099.jpg

sailboat_zpsc29679f9.jpg

I think that's a sail from a sailboat, but I'm not sure.

Here's another shot of one of the Fort's big MK boats pulling up to the Grand Floridian:

92913108_zps69b5b649.jpg

To add insult to injury, we arrived at the MK dock at just about the same time as one of our commandeered boats.  We were clearly a bit ahead of the other boat. But, our wimpy captain announced that we would hold for a minute to let the larger boat dock first.

Amazing.

Here's our view of the MK as we waited for the rich people to go first:

92913109_zps6ec38572.jpg

From out here in the water, I saw two things that I would rather not have seen:  A lot of people.  And a lot of clouds.  Both of those things could be bad.

But, we've endured far worse, so we waded through the crowds at bag check, and entered the park:

92913110_zpsd35fdced.jpg

There were people everywhere.

Lots to see.

Check out this Wreck-it-Ralph family.  I like how the kid got to be Ralph instead of the dad.  Don't miss the kid's hammer. It's a real hammer.  Is that a good idea? :

92913112_zpsdbe596dd.jpg

We had a game plan to follow as we entered the park.

First, we were going to ride a couple of rides.  Then eat.  Then line up for a special meet and greet opportunity.

First, we stopped for a group shot.

There's a photo of this on Twin #1's camera, but I had to snag this one off of Instagram:

group_zps327f7eec.jpg

So there we all are.

Ready to take on what seemed like it was going to be a very busy MNSSHP.

Bring it on!

TCD

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you will still have 3 very expensive princess dresses to buy. And the color is white.

Lol. Only a southerner knows what "bless your heart..." Really means.

Ray I know you warned us, But you still owe me that 3:45 of my life back. 

We actually played shuffleboard once, not at the Fort, though. At Topsail Hill campground- the kids were sunburned and didn't want to swim, so we played shuffleboard! The kids liked it, but not enough to play again.

Our kids love playing shufflebaord at Topsail!

Before moving on with the next installment, I would like to take a moment to address the use of the word "Y'all."

Seems like the majority of you think it's a fine thing to say.

Not so fast.

I present, as Exhibit "A" this quote from today's Tampa Bay Times from one Donald Penn, a player on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.  This is a statement Donald made during a national radio interview on Tuesday night:

"Y'all. The media," Penn said. "Y'all are trying to find every way to try to (tarnish) his character and try to make him seem like he's not a good guy, like he's not a good person, like this is all his fault. That's y'all reporting the stuff. Don't try to switch it up like it's not y'all."

The complete article is here:  http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/bucs/bucs-penn-upset-by-medias-treatment-of-freeman/2145125

Y'all that's a lot of y'all's.  Too many if y'all ask me.  And if any of y'all can tell me what Donald was trying to say, I'd be much obliged, y'all.

TCD

I have not idea what that means.

I love the shirts and hats! Also, the boat they weren't using is the boat for the kids' pirate adventure. It says docked at the GF, so I'm not sure why it was over there unless there were kids looking for treasure in the woods.

Can't wait to hear more about the party!

1. Sweet costumes. 

2. What is the Polynesian wave machine you refer to?  I have never heard of it.

3.  I hope when I am at the Fort you and Lou come to my site for a visit.  I have a drawing I would like to show you.  It is me, you and your friend Lou as dragons.....riding the monorail.  Awesome.

There used to be a wave machine on the island across from the Polynesian Resort.  The story is here: http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2011/11/18/why-for-did-wdw-wave-quot-buh-bye-quot-to-seven-seas-lagoon-s-wave-machine.aspx

That comment about the dragon drawing made me laugh.  Hard.  Good job!

I have seen that cabin in the 1500 loop before, possible in 2000 loop, so it must be towable.

I've seen it before too, as have others.

Our kids love playing shufflebaord at Topsail!

I have not idea what that means.

I love the shirts and hats! Also, the boat they weren't using is the boat for the kids' pirate adventure. It says docked at the GF, so I'm not sure why it was over there unless there were kids looking for treasure in the woods.

Can't wait to hear more about the party!

We've played shuffleboard at Seaside, so we're close.

I knew that was one of the pirate boats.  I think there were some pirates hunting for treasure.

More about the party is coming up next.

I don't think that's a sail you are seeing.  I think it's a tent.  My sources tell me that Bamboo has been exiled to the Island-Formerly-Housing-The-Poly-Wave-Machine.  He now spends his days sulking and plotting revenge, like De Niro in Cape Fear. 

Oh wow.  I had no idea.  We need to send you over there with a big sprayer full of Round-Up before something happens.

cool I cant wait to hear your take on the party.  I want to go but having APs I am not big on shelling out extra for the party.  I am sure we will do one but I am leaning to the Christmas party.

Yeah, when you have AP's it's hard to justify the cost of the party.

For the Halloween Party, the parade makes it worth it to us.  You can only see it at the Halloween Party.

I thought that little cabin camper looked familiar. These were taken 10/27/12 and I think Carol had a pic in a trip report as well. 

IMAG0679-1.jpg

IMAG0681.jpg

IMAG0680.jpg

Good work.

That is definitely it.

Someone needs to meet the owner and get some photos of the inside.

great trip report, loved the costumes.

Thanks.

TCD

Thanks for the link about the wave machine.  Interesting how the same guy was the force behind typhone lagone and the wave pool there as the wave machine at the poly.  I'll bet both could be a full days excitement.

You're on a blast from the past roll today!

can't wait to hear about MNSSHP

The next installment is coming soon!

TCD

Looks like you get another update today.

We left off with our entry into the Halloween Party.  We got there around 5, and the party stuff doesn't start until 7.  The plan was to experience a couple of attractions, eat, and then get in a special meet and greet queue.

We headed to Tomorrowland.  The oldest DD wanted to do some rides there, so we hit the Peoplemover and COP.

The virtual reality game in the last scene was broken, so there was just an image shown on the TV, and the granny and grandson's goggles didn't move.  The dialog stayed the same, so it didn't really make sense:

92913113_zps70a9cc45.jpg

I wanted to ask the Fox what he says, but the girls wouldn't let me:

92913116_zps465ae8b3.jpg

(extra credit if you got the What does the Fox say? reference).

On the way to dinner, we passed the Mine Train.  The rocks are getting there:

minetrain_zps5eead425.jpg

Speaking of rocks- Rock On!:

costume_zps0f96797d.jpg

We had decided to eat at Pinocchio Village Haus. That ended up being a great choice. It wasn't crowded.  In fact, we got one of the tables overlooking the It's A Small World boats:

92913121_zpsef7defff.jpg

After dinner, at about 6:15, we went to line up for the Rapunzel and Flynn Rider meet and greet.  For the Halloween parties, the princes are there with the princesses.  The TCD girls like them some princes, and Flynn was at the top of their list.

So we headed to the new Fairytale Hall.  They were still letting regular guests in line, and the CM on duty said the wait was about an hour.  Last year, they had a special queue for the MNSSHP guests. This year, they didn't have a plan.

We decided to get in the regular line and see what happened.

This place is beautiful!:

92913122_zps6c026d9a.jpg

92913123_zpsc9b8f4c3.jpg

Last year, they had one line, and you got to meet three princesses and princes.  This year, there were two lines with two princesses and princes available for each of the lines.  The Rapunzel/Snow White side was way busier than the Cinderella/Aurora side:

92913124_zps1ff9b18d.jpg

I told this guy congratulations:

92913125_zps3d23edb0.jpg

As you pass through the queue on the way to the meet and greet rooms, you pass through a hall with princess portraits in it.  They have Aurora:

92913127_zps78572374.jpg

Jasmine:

92913128_zps8dedaaa8.jpg

Snow White:

92913129_zps9b0cdc18.jpg

Rapunzel, and more:

92913130_zps08459ba7.jpg

One of Cinderella's glass slippers is also on display:

92913131_zps42e35d43.jpg

92913132_zps21488a7b.jpg

We found some Hidden Mickeys along the bottom circle of these lamps:

92913134_zpsd887be89.jpg

The Scooby Do Gang was in the line next to us.  Sorry for the blurry photo- but it's the best one I have:

92913135_zps39bc8bd2.jpg

The girls were looking at Instagram later that night, and found that this group had posted a bunch of photos.  They're really good:

scoobydo_zps7e7b945a.jpg

Things got kind of crazy there in the hall.  When we finally got to the front of the line, it was only 6:45.  There was one mom and daughter there who had asked the CM if they could wait until 7 and let others pass so they could meet the princes.  The CM said fine.  So, we got behind those two. That was good.  It meant in 15 minutes, we would be the second group to meet the princes.  The regular guests kept filing past us.  When 7 came along, that stopped, and there was a long line of fellow party guests behind us.  At 7:05, nothing had happened.  Then a manager type came out and said the princes were late, and would be here around 7:30.  Groan.  He said those who wanted to could come in and meet the princesses.  A few people did.  But we waited.  Fortunately, the princes did show up at 7:30, and we were able to go in and meet them.  While waiting in line, we found out that this party was the first sold-out party of the year.  Great.  That meant it would be busy.

Oh well, the girls enjoyed meeting Flynn and Rapunzel:

rapunzelandflynn_zps31c9b6f3.jpg

There are some cool props in the room, like this German version of Snow White.  I mean Schneewittchen:

92913138_zps0a4f3526.jpg

There were some other books there too:

92913139_zpsd5cce4b8.jpg

I took these photos on the way out.  I thought I would use them for the "Where in the World" thread, but I guess not to many people have seen this yet, so that would probably be too hard:

92913140_zpsbdf8af60.jpg

92913142_zps3dab5ca3.jpg

Next up, we wanted to check on the Monsters University Dance Party, so we headed toward Tomorrowland.  On the way there, we walked right past Pooh and Eeyore:

92913143_zps5b21bef5.jpg

92913144_zps49ed7d73.jpg

On the way to the dance party, we passed the end of the line for the Space Mountain Treat Trail.  It stretched all the way out to the refreshment port!:

92913145_zps31711c2b.jpg

No way we were going to wait that long for a little bit of candy.

The dance party was fun, but too crowded, so we headed to Haunted Mansion.

As we passed by the hub, it began to drizzle, and they announced the Villains Show at the castle was canceled.  There were mobs of people lined up all along the curbs for the first parade.  And it was raining.  Not good.

We got under cover at the HM queue just as the rain got harder.  We were lucky.

The HM is a must do on Halloween Party nights.  The CM's have extra make-up and fancier costumes, and pop out of places to scare guests.  One really got the girls good in the stretching room.

When we came out of the HM, the rain had stopped.

The parade was supposed to have already come and gone, but it had been delayed.

We decided to start out trick or treating at the station there at the riverboat.

We had to wait about 10 minutes on a fairly long line.  I was rewarded by two lousy pieces of candy.  Just two.  This was not good.

We headed through Fantasyland and hit a few more of the treat lines.  They were being real stingy with the candy.

Then we headed to the Ariel ride, and rode it. 

Outside of Ariel, we found another treat line.

We tried it. 

There were two CM's at the end.

One of them was distributing hands-full of candy.

We got on his side. 

My bag was instantly almost half full.

We looped around the line a few more times, and this guy hooked us up good.   Our bags were near overflowing.

Then we headed toward the castle to find a spot for the projection show and fireworks.  It was a madhouse. So, we went to our secret spot in the Rose Garden.  Not perfect, but a decent view.

The projection show was late.  And so were the fireworks.  But they did go, and it was spectacular:

92913164_zps37d6e5be.jpg

They do the perimeter fireworks, and the place lights up like it was daylight:

92913168_zpsa4908139.jpg

It was after ten before the fireworks ended.  There was gong to be a parade at 10:30.  We needed to find a spot.  So we headed toward Main Street.

It was mobbed!

This was easily the busiest MNSSHP we have ever been to.

There were no spots in the hub or anywhere along Main Street, so we kept walking toward the entrance.  Finally, across from the big clock, we found an open spot, and claimed it.

Next up, the Boo To You Parade!

TCD

I love all the pix. Great job as usual.

"What does the fox say". Lol. I came home today and turned on the iPad to find the video on it. I've posted a link below.

I know the reference all to well. My DD was about to get her mouth washed out with soap the other day when she walked into the living room singing that stupid song.

I wouldn't recommend watching it.

No don't do it.

Ok you been warned.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

I love all the pix. Great job as usual.

"What does the fox say". Lol. I came home today and turned on the iPad to find the video on it. I've posted a link below.

I know the reference all to well. My DD was about to get her mouth washed out with soap the other day when she walked into the living room singing that stupid song.

I wouldn't recommend watching it.

No don't do it.

Ok you been warned.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

Ray I know you warned us, But you still owe me that 3:45 of my life back.