Happy Fall Y'all! TCD's September 2013 Not So Scary TR

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think you will still have 3 very expensive princess dresses to buy. And the color is white.

Lol. Only a southerner knows what "bless your heart..." Really means.

Ray I know you warned us, But you still owe me that 3:45 of my life back. 

So glad the rain ended!  Looking forward to your parade pics.

A small hijack.  This log cabin camper is frequently seen at Ocean Lakes and, yes, it is towable:

2008_1010MyrtleBeach20080038.jpg

It even has a chimney.  And check out the matching golf cart!

There was a company at the big Florida RV show one year that manufactured cabins on wheels like this.  I think they would be cool to set up on a piece of land in a semi-permanent situation, but I can't imagine what a pain it would be to tow one around like a travel trailer.

This one in your photo looks like it would be very livable.  That one on the 1500 loop has got to be very cramped inside.

The fireworks look awesome.

Nice costumes.

Looking forward to parade pics.

That Flynn looks like the same one that DD and DS met in February.

He must like that job.

Go Braves!

The fireworks are awesome.  Probably the second best fireworks show at the MK (4th of July are the best).

We had not met that Flynn before. There are better ones.  But, this guy tried really hard.

I love all the pix. Great job as usual.

"What does the fox say". Lol. I came home today and turned on the iPad to find the video on it. I've posted a link below.

I know the reference all to well. My DD was about to get her mouth washed out with soap the other day when she walked into the living room singing that stupid song.

I wouldn't recommend watching it.

No don't do it.

Ok you been warned.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jofNR_WkoCE

The only reason I know about that stupid video is because I was watching College Game Day with my oldest daughter two weeks ago, and some idiot had a sign that made some kind of reference to it.  She had to show me the video. I watched the whole darn thing, because I was trying to figure out what the point was.  Later that day, it came up in a conversation I had with Mrs. TCD, and she already knew about it, because Ellen had played it on her show.

Ray I know you warned us, But you still owe me that 3:45 of my life back. 

Nope. Ray gave fair warning.

What......the......fort?

No wonder the terrorist want to blow us up.

That ain't an American band.  Thank God.

Wow! You made it 3 minutes and 45 seconds of that junk. I made it 3.45 seconds.

I told you so.

Only 3.45 seconds?  Come on!  Watch the whole thing!  There's a surprise ending.  (just kidding-the whole thing is awful).

Love seeing all your girls together. Please let them know that Z is going to be Flynn Rider for Halloween. He will be available for pictures on our next trip down.

Sounds good.

How's his smolder?

There was a cute family behind us in line to meet the princes and princesses.  They had a set of boy/girl twins who were about 4.  The girl was Rapunzel and the boy Flynn.  I cracked up watching them pose for photos right after us.  Flynn was trying to teach the boy how to smolder. The kid just could not get it.  The faces he was making were hilarious.  Those photos will be priceless one day.

If you read the spine of the books, it is the story of the princesses in their native language. Do you know the significance of Snow Whites book being opened?

Very cool detail.  I can read the middle book-it's Rapunzel.  Next to it is La Belle et la Bete, which must be Beauty and the Beast.  Next to that is Brave.  I can't read the rest.  I'll have to look closer next time.  I would love to know the significance of the Snow White book being open.  Is it a tribute to the fact that Princess Fairy Tale Hall replaced Snow White's Scary Adventure?  Also, I haven't seen the other side of the meet and greet- is there an open book there?  Is it the same?  I think it's awesome that you get to work in there a lot.  What a fun place.  Plus you're in the AC!  And get to take photos of beautiful princesses all day.  It is good to be Dave.

TCD

The open book is in fact a tribute to the old ride, Snow Whites Scary Adventure. The hall was built in the location of the old ride. Disney loves to pay tribute to years past. 

There are a few more details, although you may not recognize them. It looks like in the photos above they are broken already.

The book ends are of some significance as well as the art work in the back of the rooms (you probably didn't even notice them). Anyone know them?

And one last trivia, does anyone know how many glass slippers there are on WDW property?

And yes, the other room is set up the same way. There are only slight variations to them.

The open book is in fact a tribute to the old ride, Snow Whites Scary Adventure. The hall was built in the location of the old ride. Disney loves to pay tribute to years past. 

There are a few more details, although you may not recognize them. It looks like in the photos above they are broken already.

The book ends are of some significance as well as the art work in the back of the rooms (you probably didn't even notice them). Anyone know them?

And one last trivia, does anyone know how many glass slippers there are on WDW property?

And yes, the other room is set up the same way. There are only slight variations to them.

I wish I had taken more photos so I could see these details you're talking about.  I can't really tell what the bookends are.  And, I didn't notice the artwork in back of the room.  It is hectic once you finally get into the meet and greet room, and things happen so fast.  I will have to go back.

As for the glass slipper question, the only one I know of is the one that's on display here.  But I am suspecting from your question that there must be more.

I want to know how Andrew knew what the fox said. My ears are still bleeding. Talk about curiosity killing the cat. My cat had the good sense to leave the room. Wish I had.

I explained it in the post above. Someone was holding a sign during an ESPN College Gameday show that said something about what the fox says, and my daughter asked if I knew what it meant.  I was blissfully unaware of it at the time.

But, I was there when MTV started in 1982.  I've seen worse.  Well, maybe not.  But I have seen bad videos before. What's that one?  It's Friday?

I heard it the first time this morning waiting on the bus for Ian to go to school. It was on Kids Place Live on the Sirius radio.

My condolences.

TCD

Time to move on.

It's still Friday night, and we have just enjoyed the Hallowishes fireworks performance.  You can see and hear this fireworks show from the beach at the Fort, but there is nothing like being in the park and being surrounded by the fireworks.

It's a bit after 10 pm, and the second performance of the Boo Too You parade will be at 10:30 pm.  We need to find a place to watch.

The hub is a zoo.  Packed. So much for limited crowds for the parties.

The twins wanted to watch the parade from Main Street, so they zigged and zagged ahead to find a spot.

They finally found an open spot right across from the Arcade.

Did you know that there's an Arcade on Main Street?

Neither did I, but the sign we sat across says there is:

92913174_zps028623a8.jpg

In the next few minutes after we claimed our spot on the curb, crowds filled in around us.

At right around 10:30, the lights dimmed and some spooky music played.

And down Main Street came the Headless Horseman!

So cool!

Sorry, but my photo was a complete fail.

Twin #1 has a good photo- but hasn't shared it with me yet.

But this is one of those times that no photo can do the scene justice.  Seeing a horse trot down Main Street in spooky lighting with spooky music and a big headless guy riding it with a glowing pumpkin in his hand is one of the most awesome things you can see in a theme park.

You would think the parade would immediately follow the Headless Horseman.

But, if you thought that, you'd be wrong.

Because they have something new this year.

The Creepa Crew!

No, I'm not making that up.

I guess calling them the Creepy Crew isn't cool enough.  So, it's Creepa.  Got it?

Here they are:

92913182_zpse84ea730.jpg

The Creepa Crew is a group of dancers and Phineas and Ferb.  They come out on the street and invite folks to abandon their seats and dance.  Here's Phineas asking the folks next to us to join him:

92913184_zps3fd57c7f.jpg

Quite a few folks of all ages, shapes and sizes accepted the invitation to go out in the street and make fools of themselves dance:

92913192_zps0175b860.jpg

This was all fine and dandy- but look at the time there on the clock!:

92913194_zpsfd4ca0ad.jpg

In case you can't make it out, it's near 10:50.  The parade was supposed to be at 10:30.  This party ends at midnight.  We don't exactly have time to spare.

Finally, the Creepa Crew moved on.  And we got to see Ferb- he had been working it a bit further up Main Street:

92913196_zps26ca27d8.jpg

92913198_zpsbb338d4e.jpg

We all thought the parade would be arriving any second now.  Check out the oldest TCD DD looking down Main Street in anticipation:

92913199_zps845592f8.jpg

Let me pause a moment on that photo.  The oldest TCD DD is 22 years old now.  She graduated from college in May and is hard at work on her Masters Degree at Auburn. She is a graduate assistant, and works long hours. She has achieved a lot and is going places in the world.  We don't get to see her too often lately.  She's kind of independent now. But look at that face.  I look at it and see the three year old that I used to bring to the MK before the twins were born.  People who don't understand always are surprised when they hear that we're going to Disney again.  Why would anyone want to go there as much as we do?  Well, look at that photo.  The place is magical.  That's why.  And that's the same answer I'll give to anyone asking if it's worth sixty bucks or so to go to one of these parties.  On paper, there's no way to defend the cost.  But, look at that photo.  To me, it's worth every penny.

Anyway, where the heck is the parade?

I guess the Creepa Crew is somewhere on the hub repeating their performance, and the parade has to wait for them to finish before it kicks off.

Check out the time now- it's almost 11:

92913200_zps01089e51.jpg

We are loosing a lot of valuable party time here.

But, I honestly didn't care.  We were sitting.  It wasn't raining.  And the atmosphere was fun.  Look to the left of the clock in that last photo, under the tree.  Do you see those three guys standing there?  Do you recognize their costumes?  They are dressed as Country Bears!  Well done gentlemen.  I salute you!

Finally, we hear the parade approaching, and at 11:06, the start of the parade reaches us:

92913205_zps6a57248a.jpg

This parade is awesome.

From start to finish, it is non-stop fun.

The first group who came by was a huge assembly of characters in masks and costumes:

92913206_zpsae1d9409.jpg

And, from our front row seat on Main Street, we get up close and personal.  Hey, look, it's that Schneewittchen lady:

92913207_zps7be9cc33.jpg

I don't know where the Sieben Zwerge were.  I guess back at the mine.

That photo of the glistening Schneewittchen was for Dave.

This photo of Jasmine is for my buddy FWG:

92913208_zpsca1d54e5.jpg

There were many floats with many characters:

92913210_zps9c3e1e00.jpg

And, if you're a Christopher Robin fan, here you go:

92913212_zps0b3a91c3.jpg

My last photo of Eeyore wasn't so good, so, here's another:

92913213_zpscf2003f0.jpg

They even had Rabbit and Kanga and Roo:

92913214_zpseac61d02.jpg

There is a long Haunted Mansion segment in the parade.  This might be my favorite part.  It begins with the bloodhound that you see in the graveyard scene:

92913222_zps6bb13a7d.jpg

And then comes a troupe of gravediggers.  Somehow, they make these guys semi-transparent:

92913224_zps099afe69.jpg

92913225_zpsc68238e6.jpg

These guys do some choreographed marching and dancing, and finish with scraping their shovels on the ground to make sparks.  We all love that part.

Check out these dancing ghosts:

92913228_zps520c07bc.jpg

Then there's a float with a spooky band, and the hitchhiking ghosts come by too.

Great stuff!

Since the party is not so scary, Chip and Dale are there:

92913233_zps33907d9e.jpg

And even the Country Bears:

92913234_zpsfd535e55.jpg

There was a very funny moment when the Country Bears noticed the boys dressed like them across the street.  They all gathered together and pointed and gestured.  I didn't get a photo, since I was too busy watching, but here's the guys with big smiles after that encounter:

92913236_zps3c7e3431.jpg

Years ago, when the twins were still pretty young, we attended one of these parties, and one of these hyenas was able to sneak up on and scare Twin #1, now we always look for them:

92913244_zps85df4e9a.jpg

These Candy Corn floats are new this year.  I am sure it's only a coincidence that they look like the orange cones that used to be used in the Buzz Lightyear segment of the  Pixar parade at DHS:

92913247_zps85ebd4e0.jpg

The last float, which features Goofy, passed by at 11:20 pm:

92913248_zps877f1043.jpg

Stopping to watch the parade had taken an hour of our five hour party time.

We were now down to the final 40 minutes of the party.

We headed back up Main Street.  Like salmons swimming upstream.  Folks were leaving in droves.  Good for us, we thought.

Next up, we finish up our night.

And we got our money's worth.

TCD

I believe there is one glass slipper in the guest suite in Cinderella's castle, I seem to remember seeing it in one of the promo videos.

Good job!

Now that you mention that, I remember that too.

I found a blog with some photos of it:

220411788.jpg

DSC_3176-2-432x640.jpg

This is the source of those photos:  http://www.disneytouristblog.com/cinderella-castle-suite-tour-photos/

So that's two glass slippers on display.

I wonder if there are any more?

TCD

2008_1010MyrtleBeach20080038.jpg

Anyone a fan of Arrested Development? Reminded me of this:

Let me pause a moment on that photo.  The oldest TCD DD is 22 years old now.  She graduated from college in May and is hard at work on her Masters Degree at Auburn. She is a graduate assistant, and works long hours. She has achieved a lot and is going places in the world.  We don't get to see her too often lately.  She's kind of independent now. But look at that face.  I look at it and see the three year old that I used to bring to the MK before the twins were born.  People who don't understand always are surprised when they hear that we're going to Disney again.  Why would anyone want to go there as much as we do?  Well, look at that photo.  The place is magical.  That's why.  And that's the same answer I'll give to anyone asking if it's worth sixty bucks or so to go to one of these parties.  On paper, there's no way to defend the cost.  But, look at that photo.  To me, it's worth every penny.

Biggest Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww in the world here. And I know just what you mean.

So the parade is costumed characters (hope that doesn't offend anyone) wearing costumes! Love it. Wish I could see it in person. But since not, I'm enjoying your visit.

You are such an awesome Dad.

It is so evident that you appreciate every moment you have with your daughters, and always will.  

I can just picture you some 10 or 15 years ago wearing a fancy hat, drinking air out of a small pink teacup, pinky extended!

Oh, and I think that is Ferb in that first photo.  Phineas is the one with the triangle head, right?

Wow! You made it 3 minutes and 45 seconds of that junk. I made it 3.45 seconds.

I told you so.

I knew about the video because my DS's middle school news program played a clip from it.  The story behind it is really pretty funny. Two Norwegian talk show hosts made it as a joke for their show, as an example of an epic fail video. And it went viral. And now they're making the rounds of talk shows, etc. 

The book ends are replicas of the ones Cinderella's father gave to her as a gift. It appeared in your photo though that they were broken. There should be some figures on them.

The paintings hanging in the back of the rooms are replicas from the Sleeping Beauty film. You see them throughout the film.

And there are a total of 3 glass slippers on WDW property. We have two, Fairytale Hall and the Castle Suite. Any guesses where the third is?

BTW, great report.

Your experience with DD1 is the same one I have with my DDs. They light up every time we go to the parks. They try to act all  grown up and pretend they don't believe anymore, but when they walk up to meet their favorite princess or watch the parade, you can see the little girls emerge again.

Totally just cried at my desk....  I can't wait to see my kids watch the parades for the first time! (ages 9, 13 & 21)

One of the very few things I remember from my (only) trip when I was 10yrs old was the Electric parade.. I still hear the music in my dreams sometimes.  Do they use the same music??

Good job!

Now that you mention that, I remember that too.

I found a blog with some photos of it:

220411788.jpg

I wonder if there are any more?

TCD

That slipper is actually in the foyer near the door to enter the suite.  I was going to post pictures, but yours are a lot clearer than mine.

The MNSSHP parade looks so much better than the MVMCP parade!  Can't wait to hear about the rest of your evening.

Great update.

Love the pix of the parade. One day I'd like to see it live.

My DD(9) is the main reason I love to vacation at the world also. It never gets old seeing her face when she sees Cindy's castle or meets a princess. I hope when she's 22 yrs old she too will still have that love for all things magical.

Thanks for sharing that personal moment.

Anyone a fan of Arrested Development? Reminded me of this:

I have seen a few episodes of it.  Never watched it while it was on the air.  My girls got Netflix a while back, and have been watching it on that.  The twins really like it- they are working through all the seasons.  It is a very funny show.  And you're right about that cabin. 

Biggest Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww in the world here. And I know just what you mean.

So the parade is costumed characters (hope that doesn't offend anyone) wearing costumes! Love it. Wish I could see it in person. But since not, I'm enjoying your visit.

Yes, the characters wear Halloween costumes.  It's funny.

You are such an awesome Dad.

It is so evident that you appreciate every moment you have with your daughters, and always will.  

I can just picture you some 10 or 15 years ago wearing a fancy hat, drinking air out of a small pink teacup, pinky extended!

Oh, and I think that is Ferb in that first photo.  Phineas is the one with the triangle head, right?

You nailed it.

I loved me a tea party.  We would use coke or sprite.  There was always a big plate of cookies.  What's not to like?  You're darned tootin' I had my pinky extended.

I can't believe I got Phineas and Ferb mixed up.  I'm such a poser. 

I knew about the video because my DS's middle school news program played a clip from it.  The story behind it is really pretty funny. Two Norwegian talk show hosts made it as a joke for their show, as an example of an epic fail video. And it went viral. And now they're making the rounds of talk shows, etc.

Norwegians? 

Figures.

If their goal was to make an epic fail video, then they met that goal!  It's funny how things like this go viral.

Your comments about your oldest DD are super sweet. Do they read your reports?

They read a little. They think they're boring.  They always complain when I take a photo of a lamp or trashcan or whatever- they think it's dumb, and I get made fun of a lot.

The book ends are replicas of the ones Cinderella's father gave to her as a gift. It appeared in your photo though that they were broken. There should be some figures on them.

The paintings hanging in the back of the rooms are replicas from the Sleeping Beauty film. You see them throughout the film.

And there are a total of 3 glass slippers on WDW property. We have two, Fairytale Hall and the Castle Suite. Any guesses where the third is?

BTW, great report.

Your experience with DD1 is the same one I have with my DDs. They light up every time we go to the parks. They try to act all  grown up and pretend they don't believe anymore, but when they walk up to meet their favorite princess or watch the parade, you can see the little girls emerge again.

The bookends are broken?  How did that happen?  This place had only been open to the public a week when we visited.  I guess some idiot guest did it?  What is wrong with people today?  I noticed in the Toy Story Midway Mania queue, that people tore at the wallpaper and made scrapes on the walls.  Why?  I saw some kid tear a plastic guard off of a wall while waiting in a queue.  He was bored, so he was putting his hands on everything in the queue.  His idiot parents had their heads down looking at their smart phones.  I've been seeing way too much of that lately.

I didn't even notice the paintings!  I have to go back.

I am guessing that third slipper must be around the castle somewhere.  I would guess in the restaurant or in the Bippidy Boppity Boutique. 

Thanks for sharing about your daughter.  Now let's cut out the mushy talk before everyone starts thinking we're weak.

Totally just cried at my desk....  I can't wait to see my kids watch the parades for the first time! (ages 9, 13 & 21)

One of the very few things I remember from my (only) trip when I was 10yrs old was the Electric parade.. I still hear the music in my dreams sometimes.  Do they use the same music??

As far as I know, the music for the Electric Water Pageant  (boat parade) is the same.

As is the music for the Main Street Electrical Parade.

I'm not sure if that's the parade you saw when you were 10.  It could have been Spectromagic.  They don't have that parade any more.

That slipper is actually in the foyer near the door to enter the suite.  I was going to post pictures, but yours are a lot clearer than mine.

The MNSSHP parade looks so much better than the MVMCP parade!  Can't wait to hear about the rest of your evening.

I forgot that you actually got to see that slipper.

Both of those parades are good.  I would give the edge to the Halloween one though.  You can't beat the Headless Horseman.  Also, you can only see the Halloween parade during the MNSSHP's.  The Christmas parade is performed in the weeks before and after Christmas for guests with regular park admission.

Great update.

Love the pix of the parade. One day I'd like to see it live.

My DD(9) is the main reason I love to vacation at the world also. It never gets old seeing her face when she sees Cindy's castle or meets a princess. I hope when she's 22 yrs old she too will still have that love for all things magical.

Thanks for sharing that personal moment.

I hope that you daughter never loses the magic either, Ray.  Somehow, I don't think she will.

The Magic only dies if you let it.  Love the updates!!

Amen.

So true.

TCD

This will be just a short update to take us through the end of the Halloween party.

We left off with us heading up Main Street, while everyone else was pouring out.

We headed toward Tomorrowland.  The plan was to take the treat trail next to Space Mountain to Storybook Circus, hit the line with the generous CM my the Little Mermaid ride, and then head back to Tomorrowland to finish our night with a ride on Space Mountain.  We had 40 minutes to do it.

The treat trail next to Space Mountain is different this year.  Going back to as far as we can remember, the trail began in what was then Mickey's Toontown, and finished at Space Mountain. The trail had an Alice in Wonderland theme.  This year, the trail went the opposite direction.  And there was no themeing.  Just candy.  I was fine with that.

That trail was the one I posted a photo of earlier in this report.  When we walked by earlier in the evening, the line to just start the trail extended all the way from Space Mountain to the DVC booth with the spaceship on the roof.  That's a long line.  When we got there this time, there was no line, we just walked on through.  And the CM's had abandoned being stingy.  Now they were trying to get rid of all the candy.  So, it pays to wait.

We emerged from the treat trail in Storybook Circus, and saw another candy station in that new area where they distribute the Dumbo and Goofini Fastpasses, so we went there.  Here, we ran into these guys:

92913249_zps43edf932.jpg

Check them out.

Three guys dressed as male versions of some Disney Princesses.  Who does that?

You know, something funny was going on here.  You saw those Scooby Do kids.  And the Country Bears.  Now these guys.  What 20 year olds shell out $60 to go to MK and dress like this?

I could only think of one answer.

Castmembers.

Had to be.

They get a pretty big discount, I hear.  But only on certain nights.  This had to be one of them.  And that had to have contributed to this night being a sell out.

Anyway, those were some sweet costumes.

From here, we headed over to see our new friend in the candy line by the Little Mermaid.

The girls saw a guy dressed in a Gaston costume that they just had to meet:

gaston_zps94bb3070.jpg

Good costume, huh?

That's because it was the real Gaston.

He had special candy he was passing out too.

Little Root Beer barrels.  You heard that here first.

We circled through that last candy line a couple of times.

We all had a good five pounds of candy at least.  Way more than we needed.

The clock was about to strike 12, so we headed to our last ride.

We entered the Space Mountain queue at 11:57.

That's one of my Disney Secrets.  If you want to ride a popular ride on a busy night, wait until the last minute and hop in line.  Works like a charm.  Most of the time.

The trick worked fine tonight.

We walked right on.

We were the only ones in the queue:

92913250_zps50849e28.jpg

92913251_zps36f50c34.jpg

Look- no people:

92913252_zps5ecf3f92.jpg

The Castmembers were bored, so they photobombed:

92913253_zpsf2f9af82.jpg

That hidden ride camera caught us off guard again.  But not as bad as that last kid in my rocket:

92913254_zpsd4d7217b.jpg

92913255_zps080c2137.jpg

And that was it.

We walked out of the park to find our nice big Fort Wilderness boat.  I guess the rich folk didn't need it any more.

We headed back to the Fort, grabbed our cart, and headed back to the good old 900 loop.

And that was our Friday.

This is a good place to stop.

Because I have a couple of big photo reveals to show from Saturday morning, so I'll need the whole photo limit for the next installment.

Oh, and remember, we were there four nights- so there are two full days of reporting left, Saturday and Sunday.  And even a little Monday.  We are really just getting this one off the ground!

TCD

Awesome!  We haven't done any of the extra parties so I am glad to experience them through your family.  I also love reading about how you guys (see - southern girl that prefers that to ya'll.  I never did fit in....) keep finding magic at the parks.  I hope our boys still love it as adults - we are doing our part.  Of course we are just big kids, too. 

Our DS2 was excited to lose his first tooth this week but a little bummed it wasn't at the Magic Kingdom like big brother did.