• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've seen a few reports over the years of people reporting dogs in non-pet loops where the people with the dog were actually asked to board the dog or move.  I can't substantiate the reports but they

So true and so, so sad.  I bet Mr. Disney is turning over in his grave...from all I've read and watched on him, he was a man who yes, wanted to make a buck (a lot of them) but he valued people.     Wh

Here's some food for thought. . .   Do you know how many pet-friendly campsites there are at the Fort vs. non-pet sites?   I just counted them up.   483 of the 799 campsites are on pet-friendly loops.

Actually in some cases it's because pet loops are full and/or management just plunks people any ol' place "just because."

Yes that is what I believe also. Myself we are pet lovers. But if my granddaughter visits us,she is terrified of dogs because of being bit. In cases like that it is sad that I have to be comforting my gd all weekend cuz she is frighten

X2, but I'll bet that in most cases it is because the people don't tell the CM that they have a pet when they check in.

Bingo! But I have seen pets up. At the meadows. My grandchildren were at the 1300 loop playground and twice they stepped into "presents"

Take pet loops with a grain of salt - I've seen dogs in every loop.

We always stay in the 1300 loop. Two trips ago, we saw this lady with three long hair big dogs att

(on) the playground. Not only are dogs not allowed on the playground, I don't know wether she would be able to handle all the dogs if something were to happen.

We always stay in the 1300 loop. Two trips ago, we saw this lady with three long hair big dogs att

(on) the playground. Not only are dogs not allowed on the playground, I don't know wether she would be able to handle all the dogs if something were to happen.

That stinks.  1200 and 1300 are not designated pet loops, but I've seen guests with pets on those loops many times.

This is another instance where the Fort fails to enforce its own rules.

Very frustrating.

TCD

Bingo! But I have seen pets up. At the meadows. My grandchildren were at the 1300 loop playground and twice they stepped into "presents"

UGH - there's just no reason for that to be happening.  Bad enough the dogs are where they don't belong, but to then not pick up after them.

Dog owners like that ruin it for the rest of us that try and be responsible and respectful.

Contacted the front office today in regards to their rules for documented service animals.  The response from the Fort was that any service animal is allowed in any room on any property or any site in any camping situation.  They request that they not be in a tent in a partial but will allow it.  They also do not need to be crated at any time.  Pop ups as well as any RV are okay anywhere with a service animal.  It almost sounded like they were afraid to give any type of limitations in regards to it.  I guess that means they are treated like guests.

So, it may be that you were seeing documented service animals.  They are not just for the blind anymore.  One could be a companion to keep someone calm.  ...And Yes, even a pig can be a documented service animal.

Contacted the front office today in regards to their rules for documented service animals. 

That person needs to read the ADA policies regarding Service Animals. A lot of what you were told is incorrect

It's all online for them to research.

They might also want to read the Fort's own "Release and Indemnity Agreement" regarding pets specifically at the Fort that appears on the Fort's web page on "The HUB".

Here's the policy about so called service animals riding the buses. It's pretty simple.

If the guest says it's a service animal, then it's a service animal.

No special documentation, harness, or collar is required. That's it.

I feel that if there is no pet sites available, then a guest should be told not available. Just like when I make reservations and there isn't a site available, I am told Not available. It used to be they asked you at check in if you have pets. Last time they didn't. I don't remember if that question is online check in.

That person needs to read the ADA policies regarding Service Animals. A lot of what you were told is incorrect

It's all online for them to research.

They might also want to read the Fort's own "Release and Indemnity Agreement" regarding pets specifically at the Fort that appears on the Fort's web page on "The HUB".

Here's the policy about so called service animals riding the buses. It's pretty simple.

If the guest says it's a service animal, then it's a service animal.

No special documentation, harness, or collar is required. That's it.

Unfortunately this is going to be like people who are in "wheelchairs" so they can cut the line. How any people will start bringing their dogs to the parks because they don't want to leave them. Not because they are service dogs. We were at Disney this past December and I saw more dogs on buses and in the parks in all my 30+ years going to Disney.

I feel that if there is no pet sites available, then a guest should be told not available. Just like when I make reservations and there isn't a site available, I am told Not available. It used to be they asked you at check in if you have pets. Last time they didn't. I don't remember if that question is online check in.

We've always been asked - as recently as October - but it's also kind of hard to miss our dogs in the truck.  8)

For sure they should be asking if for no other reason than liability issues as everyone bringing pets into the Fort should be signing the pet disclaimer. 

Unfortunately this is going to be like people who are in "wheelchairs" so they can cut the line.

Disney's already addressed that issue with the new system they just put in place for guests with disabilities.

One problem with this suggestion is that the Disney site doesn't even ask if you're bringing a pet when you make your own reservation on-line.  Someone who has never visited the Fort and made an on-line reservation wouldn't even know that there are pet loops.  I have always been asked if I had pets with me at check in, including the three most recent check-in's I had in the September-December 2013 time frame. This pet thing is another instance where the idiots who run the Fort have dropped the ball.  It wouldn't be hard to have a clear policy and enforce it.  They could do it as you suggest if they wanted to.  But apparently, they don't care.

TCD

One problem with this suggestion is that the Disney site doesn't even ask if you're bringing a pet when you make your own reservation on-line.  Someone who has never visited the Fort and made an on-line reservation wouldn't even know that there are pet loops.  I have always been asked if I had pets with me at check in, including the three most recent check-in's I had in the September-December 2013 time frame. This pet thing is another instance where the idiots who run the Fort have dropped the ball.  It wouldn't be hard to have a clear policy and enforce it.  They could do it as you suggest if they wanted to.  But apparently, they don't care.

TCD

This is the problem.  They have the "policies", but they're not enforced.  Just like quiet hours, number of guests per site, and parking.

I had the same issue with one of my children when he was younger.  He was terrified of dogs because he had been bitten in the face by one when he was small.  I tried very hard to always be in loops that were non-pet, but as everyone else has said, there were almost always dogs.  But, they were usually smaller breeds, which didn't bother him as much.

He has since out-grown most of his fear, but we too have encountered the other problem you mentioned and I have had to scrub dog poop from the floor of our camper and our patio mat.  Not cool.  

On our last trip, we had a neighbor who left his poor little pup in the trailer ALL day - I mean from first light to super late at night - and the thing went ballistic every time another guest walked by with a dog.  We almost called, but figured the "rangers" wouldn't do anything.  

This is the problem.  They have the "policies", but they're not enforced.  Just like quiet hours, number of guests per site, and parking.

I had the same issue with one of my children when he was younger.  He was terrified of dogs because he had been bitten in the face by one when he was small.  I tried very hard to always be in loops that were non-pet, but as everyone else has said, there were almost always dogs.  But, they were usually smaller breeds, which didn't bother him as much.

He has since out-grown most of his fear, but we too have encountered the other problem you mentioned and I have had to scrub dog poop from the floor of our camper and our patio mat.  Not cool.  

On our last trip, we had a neighbor who left his poor little pup in the trailer ALL day - I mean from first light to super late at night - and the thing went ballistic every time another guest walked by with a dog.  We almost called, but figured the "rangers" wouldn't do anything.  

You're preaching to the choir here.

The management style at the Fort apparently is to let any guest do whatever he or she pleases, and only take action if another guest complains.  And the taking action part is usually just listening to a guest vent and apologizing, and still doing nothing. 

I've never seen any other business thrive the way the Fort has despite the inept management.

TCD

You're preaching to the choir here.

The management style at the Fort apparently is to let any guest do whatever he or she pleases, and only take action if another guest complains. And the taking action part is usually just listening to a guest vent and apologizing, and still doing nothing.

I've never seen any other business thrive the way the Fort has despite the inept management.

TCD

We have been going to the Ft for over 30 years. back when they had the trams going thru the loops instead of buses. And long before pets were even allowed to camp. Even up to 10 years ago, guest abided by the rules. This is what gets me. They can't even enforce the rules of I vehicle in the parking lot, or those smelly golf carts. Now it seems to be the pets. Why can't people just follow the rules. This is when it gets out of hand cuz people want to do what that want. These are the same people who don't understand why their children do not listen.

Pet loops used to be defined by the cleanup stations in those loops for dispensing bags for poop pickup.  Pets (notably dogs) are now allowed in all loops with no enforcement for cleanup requirements.  Many do clean up, but the exceptions stand out...to several senses.

In December I saw MANY (most?) sites with at least two vehicles including some parked in the roads, and one site that had four vehicles with two on the "grass".

I can't tell you how many underaged cart drivers I saw or how many supposedly iliegal "carts" there were.  Leaving the Meadows Trading Post one evening, I heard a father tell his wife to let the little girl (maybe 10) drive. Quite a few teens racing several carts through the loops, disregarding any children who might be in or crossing the road.   I'm not sure about the reference to smelly carts unless those are the gas powered ones.  I never noticed a smell from electric carts.

Lots of cars/trucks apparently looping to see decorations.  Too much traffic.

I agree that many are there for themselves and rules be hanged.  They don't want to follow rules if they are inconvenienced.  They seem to think "I'm just one camper.  Let everyone else follow the rules and i won't be noticed."  But when 400 say the same thing, we wind up with the mess we now have there, with less of an enjoyable experience for the rule followers.

Ok, the choir is dismissed for now.  Rant over.