• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mo left off the best part ...   "Upon the completion of your shift, you will receive a WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort 1 Day (1 Theme Park) ticket that entitles you to one (1) day of admission to your choic

Oh there will be PLENTY of craft beers to try also!  :)

$50 for me, but no drinks, and we're outta there in a few hours.

According to Chip & Company, Food & Wine "Late Nights Live" has been cut to just one night a week (Thursdays) instead of the original Tuesdays and Thursdays when it was originally announced...

http://www.chipandco.com/epcot-food-wine-late-nights-live-1-night-week-198693/

Has it been called a dessert party before this? I didn't realize it would be all desserts. We're going in a month, so fingers crossed that it's good.

Disney Food Blog has posted a review/preview of the Hops & Barley and Ireland booths ...

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/09/15/2014-food-and-wine-festival-booth-preview-hops-barley-and-ireland-marketplaces/

Some excerpts...

Trio-of-Artisan-Cheeses-417x625.jpg

Trio of Artisan Cheeses

Slider-Hops-and-Barley-566x625.jpg

Florida Grass Fed Beef Slider with Pimento Cheese

Baked-Lobster-Alfredo-HopsBarley-FW-3-60

Baked Lobster Alfredo

016-Hops-and-Barley-carrot-cake-with-cra

Fresh Baked Carrot Cake with Craisins® and Cream Cheese Icing

Beer-Flight-2-Beers-600x320.jpg

Beer Flights are a Fun Way to Try New Things

Lobster-and-Seafood-Fisherman%E2%80%99s-

Lobster and Seafood Fisherman’s Pie

Warm-Chocolate-Pudding-with-Bailey%E2%80

Warm Chocolate Pudding with Irish Cream Custard

According to Chip & Company, Food & Wine "Late Nights Live" has been cut to just one night a week (Thursdays) instead of the original Tuesdays and Thursdays when it was originally announced...

That was decided and announced about two weeks ago.

Has it been called a dessert party before this? I didn't realize it would be all desserts. We're going in a month, so fingers crossed that it's good.

It's not a dessert party. Each party includes 6 food and beverage items from select marketplaces, musical performances, entertainment, a live DJ, and more. I don't know what the more is.

The Cast Member Preview of the Food & Wine Festival is today from 2 to 8 pm. Yup, I'll be there as a guest.

Even though it's the Cast Member Preview, It's not just for CMs. Food kiosks will be open to all guests visiting Epcot.

What it really is, is the soft opening or rehearsal for the F&WF which starts tomorrow.

The Cast Member Preview of the Food & Wine Festival is today from 2 to 8 pm. Yup, I'll be there as a guest.

Even though it's the Cast Member Preview, It's not just for CMs. Food kiosks will be open to all guests visiting Epcot.

What it really is, is the soft opening or rehearsal for the F&WF which starts tomorrow.

Dang it.  I was there last year with you.

This year, I wanted to go with the twins, who are now actually CM's.  But they have to work tonight.

Have fun.

TCD

The official Disney Parks Blog has posted a top 10 list of the new offerings for this year's festival :  http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2014/09/our-top-10-new-tastes-for-2014-epcot-international-food-wine-festival/

Here, in no certain order, are 10 of the new dishes worth a taste, even if you have to share to make it all the way around:

1. Lobster Alfredo at the Hops & Barley Marketplace, a bowl with warm macaroni noodles, generous bits of lobster and a crunch topping. Add a 6-ounce pour of crisp Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat.
  2. Eat dessert first: you don’t want to miss the rich, velvety caramel crème brûlée with fleur de sel at the France Marketplace. Pair it with a flute of Sparkling Pomegranate Kir.
  3. A hearty, healthful dish is Patagonia’s Verlasso salmon, served with quinoa salad and a flourish of garlicky arugula chimichurri. Add a pour of the fruity Cono Sur Bicicleta Viognier.
  4. At the Farm Fresh Marketplace, there’s the perfect taste of Southern comfort food: griddled “Yard Bird” (chicken thigh) with collards and a dollop of the house-made habanero sauce. Just for fun, add a Florida wine (yes, Florida), the Key Limen-Key Lime Wine from Florida Orange Groves.
  5. Also at Farm Fresh, the Florida grass-fed beef slider with a scoop of kicky pimento cheese melting over the warm burger was another don’t-miss. We added the Beer Flight (four 4-ounce servings): I-4 IPA, Ba Ba Black Lager, Duke’s Cold Nose Brown Ale and Florida Cracker Belgian Style White Ale.
  6. Even if the idea of snails is not for you, give it a try. They’ve jazzed up the escargot in France, now served with three tender snails in pastry with lots of garlic, spinach, bacon and Parmesan. Be elegant and pair with a cool Chardonnay, Macon-Villages, La Côte Blanche.
  7. The Greece marketplace has added hearty Vegetarian Moussaka, made with eggplant and potatoes and a rich béchamel sauce. Try it with Domaine Skouras Moscofilero, a white wine with rich flavors of citrus and tropical fruits. (We also loved sipping the Tzatziki martini featuring Crop Organic Cucumber Vodka and BOLS Natural Yoghurt Liqueur.)
  8. For a taste of the tropics, it’s the Ensalada de Carrucho, Caribbean conch salad with onion, tomato and cilantro at the new Puerto Rico Marketplace along the Rose Walk leading to World Showcase Plaza. Pair it with Medalla light beer.
  9. Canada’s Seared Rainbow Trout with Bacon, Frisee and Maple Minus 8 Vinaigrette deserves a pour of the Canada Mission Hill Family Estate Syrah.
  10. Desserts & Champagne Marketplace is always our final stop, and we can recommend this year’s trio: Passion Fruit Coconut Creamsicle, Blueberry Lime Cheesecake Roll and Chocolate Espresso Opera Cake. Best of all, they’re now serving Dom Pérignon Champagne. Life is good.

Surprisingly, that Krabless Krab Kake without Krab, or whatever it was called, didn't make the list.

TCD