“I can’t see through the windshield.” The GaDawgFans battle Mother Nature for a long weekend at the Fort

Those lines are not magical. What the Fort? It’s after RD. It’s a level 2-3 crowd day. We’ve barely seen any other people until now. You know what’s going on…. People can’t figure out how to get their magic bands and fingers to work. And there are problems. And the cast member puts their hand up, and the whole line waits. So the line was backed up. Magical.

Don't be such an ingrate.

They spent a Billion dollars to remove those old turnstiles and put in those new scanners and give all resort guests multiple sets of MagicBands, and you have the nerve to point out the lines for the scanners are worse than the lines for the turnstiles ever were?  They spent a Billion dollars!  Stop with the whining and show some appreciation.

TCD

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salt on the windshield is one of the most annoying things in the world. Sort of like people who wont start there TRs. Or people who pretend they finished their September TR and then add their new trip

Take your time and spread it out.  It's not like I have a report from Aaron to read or anything. 

Aaron you can start yours. We promise not to get the two trips confused when we are reading about them.

Don't be such an ingrate.

They spent a Billion dollars to remove those old turnstiles and put in those new scanners and give all resort guests multiple sets of MagicBands, and you have the nerve to point out the lines for the scanners are worse than the lines for the turnstiles ever were?  They spent a Billion dollars!  Stop with the whining and show some appreciation.

TCD

So it would be even worse to point out that the lines for the scanners are longer than most of the ride and character lines, right? :)

So it would be even worse to point out that the lines for the scanners are longer than most of the ride and character lines, right? :)

Stop with these outlandish tales!

You're probably also going to point out that you couldn't reschedule your FP+ times even though there was nobody in the park.

Nobody's going to believe you.

Disney spent a Billion dollars.  A Billion.  It is all magical.  All of it.

TCD

Take your time and spread it out.  It's not like I have a report from Aaron to read or anything. 

Very true! Very true! :rofl2:

And where is Ray? He was all pro-Biergarten.... now he doesn't even care what I thought?

Is he ranting on the debate thread again?

Stop with these outlandish tales!

You're probably also going to point out that you couldn't reschedule your FP+ times even though there was nobody in the park.

Nobody's going to believe you.

Disney spent a Billion dollars.  A Billion.  It is all magical.  All of it.

TCD

In fact, I tried to reschedule my expired DJD FP+ and my unused but not expired FP+ for Nemo. I was not successful getting anything else and was only offered Michael. I don't believe there were no later DJD FP+ for later either. That's why I think you might not be able to rescheduled expired ones anymore. I even have some "magical" screen shots to share.

In fact, I tried to reschedule my expired DJD FP+ and my unused but not expired FP+ for Nemo. I was not successful getting anything else and was only offered Michael. I don't believe there were no later DJD FP+ for later either. That's why I think you might not be able to rescheduled expired ones anymore. I even have some "magical" screen shots to share.

Wait a minute.

This FP+ and MagicBand and MyDisneyExperience stuff cost a Billion dollars.  What do you mean trying to suggest it didn't work?  Must have been you.

Everyone loves this stuff.

It's the best thing ever.

They spent a Billion dollars on it, you know.

TCD

I've been here since page two. Thanks to DIT. So I've been waiting for Biergarten. But since you called me out twice on this TR and once on the another thread I decided I better chime in before I get in trouble.

Glad you were able to make it out of town.

The Star Wars theming is cool.

What no rope drop? Next your going to tell us that you threw out all the plans and flew by the seats of your pants!

The pictures look good. But it's easy when you have three good looking models.

They wouldn't sell you a margarita because it was 11:45am? Don't they know that...you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!

The ride at the Mexico Pacillion is IIRC is the Grand Fiesta Tour. DD loves it and we ride it all the time. Her first visit we stayed at ASmusic and the three caballeros shot their (water) guns in the main pool at ASmusic.

Pood forn!,,

I've been here since page two. Thanks to DIT. So I've been waiting for Biergarten. But since you called me out twice on this TR and once on the another thread I decided I better chime in before I get in trouble.

Glad you were able to make it out of town.

The Star Wars theming is cool.

What no rope drop? Next your going to tell us that you threw out all the plans and flew by the seats of your pants!

The pictures look good. But it's easy when you have three good looking models.

They wouldn't sell you a margarita because it was 11:45am? Don't they know that...you can't drink all day if you don't start in the morning!

The ride at the Mexico Pacillion is IIRC is the Grand Fiesta Tour. DD loves it and we ride it all the time. Her first visit we stayed at ASmusic and the three caballeros shot their (water) guns in the main pool at ASmusic.

Pood forn!,,

Hold onto your chair Ray, for this trip, I had no spreadsheets. I made some lists, but I didn't bring them. I kind of went with the flow. AHHHHH!!!! 

And I'm with you, La Cava should open at the same time as the rest of the pavilion. I think it actually does during peak season. 

Yes, Grand Fiesta! 

Here comes some pood forn! 

Up arrow for that one.

Hey Aaron if you ever get around to starting that report, I might have an up arrow for you too.  :clint:

He claims that he's uploading. I say it's time to show us some evidence! 

Alright! It’s time to eat at Via Napoli! We walked into the Italy pavilion.

IMG_4417.jpg

You can see it’s not very busy back here.

IMG_4419.jpg

We got seated pretty quickly. There were lots of empty tables which is odd because I had tried to get an early lunch time online and was unsuccessful.

This is where the magic happens.

IMG_4425.jpg

Uh oh! I’m eating with pirates.

IMG_4424.jpg

Our waiter was nice. We think he was in the college program, and the teenagers next to us thought he was a cutie. We enjoyed laughing about that with their moms.

Jason and I ordered some white sangria. I don’t think white was offered when I ate here with my mom in July.

IMG_4420.jpg

Then it was time for appetizers. We knew we were ordering too much food, but he and I both had an appetizer we really wanted and luckily Z eats both too.

Caprese Salad (Jason’s favorite) I asked them to bring balsamic vinegar for it, and they did.

IMG_4421.jpg

Arancini (my favorite app)

IMG_4422.jpg

Both were very good. We probably should have ordered an individual pizza to share, but what fun would that be?

We made sure to order pepperoni just for Bob.

IMG_4423.jpg

It was delicious. Via Napoli pizza is expensive, but I think it’s worth it. Jason and I love grilling pizza on the Big Green Egg, and while this pizza doesn’t have as much smoky flavor, it’s kind of in the same family.

Darn, we had leftovers.

We joked around some more with the folks next to us. Both daughters were here for a dance competition. We saw a lot of dancers this trip. They are better behaved than the summer teenage tour groups.

Z performed for us on the way out of Italy.

IMG_4426.jpg

It’s cold, but there are pretty flowers!

IMG_4427.jpg

We needed to head back to the Fort because Z was in need of a nap, and Jason and I thought a nap sounded pretty good too. (This was good planning for reasons that will be mentioned later.)

We stopped to get some caramel treats for me. Salted caramels! All mine! While I was in line, Jason took Z to meet Dave’s favorite lady.

IMG_0737.jpg

We stopped in Innoventions, and Z played an emergency game with a very nice CM. He loved it because it was like a puzzle.

IMG_4472.jpg

IMG_4473.jpg

On the way out we got Z what might be the coolest winter hat EVAH.

IMG_4471.jpg

Cute pictures on the way out

IMG_0739.jpg

IMG_4474.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_4475.jpg

Because we don’t listen to Lou, we rode the bus back to the Fort.

IMG_4479.jpg

Back of the hat

IMG_4477.jpg

We got back to the PUP.

IMG_4481.jpg

In case you’re curious, this is the view out the back of 2020. I missed the privacy of the 1400 loop. (We’ll miss the quiet later in the report.)

IMG_4480.jpg

About this time, I decided we needed firewood. I had asked the question here on the site and knew how much it cost. And I had TCD’s pictures as evidence it had happened. Jason thought it would be nice too. Hmmmm……

So I called the front desk. The lady told me that she didn’t think they sold any but she would check. She came back and told me that they said they only sold it at the group campsite. I asked her where she was located and who “they” were. I told her that I knew that it had been sold to regular campsites in the past. She didn’t answer about where she was (obviously not really the front desk) And she told me to hold on again. She came back and told me that they used to sell to regular campsites, but they hadn’t in a long time. I asked her who “they” were and where she was located. I wasn’t being mean; I was just curious and was trying to get someone actually at the Fort. She transferred me to someone who told me that they stopped selling the wood awhile ago. I said that I thought that was weird since my friend had just had some delivered over his trip on New Years and that he paid $24 for it.

See that’s where my white lie is. I pretended TCD’s neighbor that got wood was my friend. Maybe I’ll go to hell. I’m not sure.

She put me on hold and a guy picked up the phone. He said, no problem, they’d deliver wood to my site, but it would be $25 not $24. I said great and thank you.

So there, I got wood. Lots of wood.

IMG_4485.jpg

It was delivered while we were napping.

After taking a nap and checking out my wood, I wandered over to the comfort station.

I saw this cute PUP on my way.

IMG_4483.jpg

IMG_4484.jpg

Cute right? It would be nice for quick trips as long as you like to snuggle the other person with you.

I think I’m about at the photo limit, so we’ll head to Epcot for Biergarten and Illuminations in the next update.

Nice updates, looks freezing. And that small pop-up looks very light to tow. I need to research that model.

It wasn't really freezing, but it was pretty chilly and rainy. I guess the bright side is that it was 20 degrees warmer than home.

I thought that PUP was pretty cool. Anything could tow it!

What's with the sleeves on Ms White?  I know it was cold, but that just doesn't look right. 

Don't hate. Did the pizza make up for it? YUMMMMMMMM

The sleeves cover the evidence, silly.

Did you bring home the leftover pizza?

Oh yes we did! I actually had it for breakfast the next day.

Great pix and great update. Napoli is on the short list. We've never eaten there but we will fix that soon. Good looked awesome.

Love the Yoda hat.

All I can add is that Z is so stinkin cute.

You MUST eat there. It's good. And if you can resist loading up on apps, it can be a reasonable meal for a family. We could have easily just split the pizza.

I was thinking the same thing. It would be great for DD11 and me.

It would be perfect for that! I wish I could have seen the inside.

Alright! It’s time to eat at Via Napoli! We walked into the Italy pavilion.

Jason and I ordered some white sangria. I don’t think white was offered when I ate here with my mom in July.

Here's ours from Easter 2013.  It was one of my favorite sangrias on property so far.

12-30-12231_zpsfee229a0.jpg

About this time, I decided we needed firewood. I had asked the question here on the site and knew how much it cost. And I had TCD’s pictures as evidence it had happened. Jason thought it would be nice too. Hmmmm……

So I called the front desk. The lady told me that she didn’t think they sold any but she would check. She came back and told me that they said they only sold it at the group campsite. I asked her where she was located and who “they” were. I told her that I knew that it had been sold to regular campsites in the past. She didn’t answer about where she was (obviously not really the front desk) And she told me to hold on again. She came back and told me that they used to sell to regular campsites, but they hadn’t in a long time. I asked her who “they” were and where she was located. I wasn’t being mean; I was just curious and was trying to get someone actually at the Fort. She transferred me to someone who told me that they stopped selling the wood awhile ago. I said that I thought that was weird since my friend had just had some delivered over his trip on New Years and that he paid $24 for it.

See that’s where my white lie is. I pretended TCD’s neighbor that got wood was my friend. Maybe I’ll go to hell. I’m not sure.

She put me on hold and a guy picked up the phone. He said, no problem, they’d deliver wood to my site, but it would be $25 not $24. I said great and thank you.

You're in much bigger trouble than you think.

The photos that I posted about the firewood delivery were from last year's NYE TR.  Like December 2012.  Not December 2013.

Still, this is a perfect illustration of how mismanaged the Fort is.  They do sell firewood to campsites.  Yet, you call and have to jump though hoops to find someone who works for Disney who knows that.  You called the Front Desk, for Pete's sake.  Why do they insist on having poorly trained people in a call center take calls to the front desk?  For what they charge for campsites, they ought to have somebody in the Reception Outpost available to pick up the stupid phone.  Instead, you get to talk to somebody who is probably in New Jersey and has never stepped foot in Fort Wilderness trying to help you.  Ridiculous.

TCD

I saw this cute PUP on my way.

IMG_4483.jpg

IMG_4484.jpg

Cute right? It would be nice for quick trips as long as you like to snuggle the other person with you.

Funny.  I saw that PUP when I stalked your site, and took a photo of it, too.

Nice updates, looks freezing. And that small pop-up looks very light to tow. I need to research that model.

I'll save you the trouble.  Unfortunately, the folding trailer division of Fleetwood folded.  That pop-up is no longer manufactured.

I was thinking the same thing. It would be great for DD11 and me.

See above.

I saw a manual from the 80's for a similar Coleman model. That one had more of an arched awning over the doorway. Guess they continued it when Fleetwood bought them out.

How about one of these? Check sylvansport.com

Fleetwood did not buy out Coleman.  Fleetwood at one time owned the right to use the Coleman name on its trailers.  When they lost the right to use the name, they continued to manufacture the same trailers under the Fleetwood name.  Then Fleetwood folded.  And owners of their trailers are now SOL when it comes to the lifetime warranties that were offered on the roofs.

TCD

I saw a manual from the 80's for a similar Coleman model. That one had more of an arched awning over the doorway. Guess they continued it when Fleetwood bought them out.

How about one of these? Check sylvansport.com

Those look pretty cool, but kind of complicated to set up. 

Your son is adorable. He looks like he's enjoying every minute.

Thank you! He LOVES Disney! 

Here's ours from Easter 2013.  It was one of my favorite sangrias on property so far.

Hmmm..... somehow Mom and I missed that then. She would have preferred white. I thought it was good too! 

You're in much bigger trouble than you think.

The photos that I posted about the firewood delivery were from last year's NYE TR.  Like December 2012.  Not December 2013.

Still, this is a perfect illustration of how mismanaged the Fort is.  They do sell firewood to campsites.  Yet, you call and have to jump though hoops to find someone who works for Disney who knows that.  You called the Front Desk, for Pete's sake.  Why do they insist on having poorly trained people in a call center take calls to the front desk?  For what they charge for campsites, they ought to have somebody in the Reception Outpost available to pick up the stupid phone.  Instead, you get to talk to somebody who is probably in New Jersey and has never stepped foot in Fort Wilderness trying to help you.  Ridiculous.

TCD

Uh oh! Good thing I didn't have to provide evidence! Ha ha! So I guess the price went up $1 in a year. 

I agree about the call center. And if they don't know the answer, they should just transfer you to someone at the Fort. 

After our break, it was time to return to Epcot!

I love the way the ball looks at night.

IMG_4486.jpg

We had some time before our Biergarten ADR, and DJD was a walk on, so we rode it.

IMG_4487.jpg

IMG_4489.jpg

IMG_4490.jpg

Z drives me around in the future!

IMG_4491.jpg

IMG_4492.jpg

Then it was time to head to Biergarten. There was quite a spectacle going on outside as we arrive. There were some DRUNK, DRUNK, DRUNK people hooting and hollering and falling down in the courtyard. I think one had a wheelchair. Sadly, I don’t have pictures of this event. Fail. But, maybe Aaron will have some in his trip report. You never know!

We checked in and were buzzed to meet our tablemates shortly after. It was a family with teenage kids, and they were Biergarten regulars. The assured me I was about to have a good time. Hmmm….. Dave and Ray promised me the same thing.

We were brought to our table. I’m pretty sure DIT paid off the hostess because we got the best seat in the house!

IMG_4498.jpg

We got down to business. Jason’s a beer snob, so he was really excited about the selection… and size.

IMG_4499.jpg

I’m kind of picky and simple when it comes to beer. Our waitress was nice enough to bring me samples, so I didn’t order one that I didn’t like. I was able to find one that I really enjoyed.

IMG_4502.jpg

There were some kids playing on the dance floor, and Z decided he wanted to join in.

IMG_4501.jpg

I went to get food for Z and me. The food is the main part of this experience that I was skeptical about. See, I’m not a huge sausage fan, and I don’t like anything pickled. When we’ve talked about doing Biergarten, the atmosphere and show sounded cool, but I wasn’t sure I’d find stuff that I wanted to eat.

I was wrong! So yes, that means DIT was right! Mark this date down in history. I enjoyed it, and it’s all Dave’s fault. Ray, you were right too, but you aren’t wrong as much as Dave. Ha ha ha!

Here’s my plate.

IMG_4500.jpg

That soup with pretzels and the potato dumplings were sooooo good. Actually, everything I tried was good.

Z was alternating between eating and playing. We’d call him over and have him eat for a bit, and then he’d go play. He was having a blast and burning off some energy. The weather had us kind of cooped up.

In this picture the other boys are wondering how Z got in the middle of the ladies. Don’t hate the player, hate the game.

IMG_4505.jpg

Then the show started! Much to the excitement of all, but especially the kids!

IMG_4507.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

This was some kind of dance.

IMG_4509.jpg

After the show, Z worked some moves and got on the stage with a little girl. I’m pretty sure he got her number.

IMG_4511.jpg

About this time, Jason made a declaration…. The Biergarten is to be part of the deal for all future Disney trips. There will be no Disney without Biergarten! Honestly, I really enjoyed it too, so I agreed. The Fiends were right! It was better than I expected. Of course, it’s also expensive, so I’ll be hitting up DIT for donations.

We left Biergarten just in time for Illuminations. Z had never seen it before because we usually go back to Epcot at night without him. Poor, deprived kid.

We could have gotten front row back in Germany, but we decided to walk towards the front, even though it would be crowded.

IMG_4513.jpg

Cute picture! And yes, Z is on Jason’s shoulders, but notice no one is behind them.

IMG_4514.jpg

IMG_4515.jpg

After that we headed back to the Fort to shower and chill.

I took a picture of the shower to remind myself to talk about the comfort stations. I love how clean they are. I don’t use them much when we’re in our RV, but it wasn’t a big deal to use them.

IMG_4516.jpg

After that, we put Z to bed, made a fire, and relaxed for a bit. It wasn't raining!

IMG_4517.jpg

Our plan for the next morning was to go to the MK for RD, but like most things this trip, things didn’t really work out as I had originally planned.

I was wrong! So yes, that means DIT was right! Mark this date down in history.

I'm going to just enjoy this moment for a while. 

So....let's recap.  Who was right??

:smiley-raising-waving-hand:

Oh yes, that would be ME!  ME ME ME!!! 

Ok, and Ray.  I can share the kudos with him. 

So Jason has a new "must do" restaurant at Disney, and you want me to help pay for it?  I normally charge for my advice, so I'm not sure about that arrangement.  How about this?  I'll pay for your family's next dinner at Biergarten, if you pay for mine? 

:rofl3:

I'm glad that you enjoyed Biergarten.  I guess that makes the TCD gang the only Fiends who have not yet been.

You know it's impossible to find accurate prices on the Disney website for the restaurants- they change the prices depending on the dates so they can gouge guests during busier times.  That's a secret though.

So, what does a dinner at Biergarten cost these days?  And those beers- how much are those?

TCD