“I can’t see through the windshield.” The GaDawgFans battle Mother Nature for a long weekend at the Fort

Great photos of the Hoop Dee Doo For You!

That's an interesting observation about the servers at the HDDR.  I've heard that servers there are among the highest paid anywhere in WDW, and that it's next to impossible to get one of those positions.

The last time we went, we had one of those tables by the door.  It was fine.  The performers come in through those doors, so there's a lot of interaction.  And, the seats are elevated, so you get a good view of everything. 

TCD

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salt on the windshield is one of the most annoying things in the world. Sort of like people who wont start there TRs. Or people who pretend they finished their September TR and then add their new trip

Take your time and spread it out.  It's not like I have a report from Aaron to read or anything. 

Aaron you can start yours. We promise not to get the two trips confused when we are reading about them.

Great photos of the Hoop Dee Doo For You!

That's an interesting observation about the servers at the HDDR.  I've heard that servers there are among the highest paid anywhere in WDW, and that it's next to impossible to get one of those positions.

The last time we went, we had one of those tables by the door.  It was fine.  The performers come in through those doors, so there's a lot of interaction.  And, the seats are elevated, so you get a good view of everything. 

TCD

I bet those servers make pretty good money. But most importantly, I love how you can tell that they all really enjoy it there.

Since the floor is elevated, I guess it wouldn't be that bad. It just seemed like they threw a few extra tables in the back at the last minute.

This is it.

It’s Sunday morning. The day we leave. This was the only morning we didn’t wake up to rain. Sigh.

We had to be out of the PUP for Curt to clean up at 10AM, and our cart was also due back at 10AM. To soften the blow of leaving, I always like to have a breakfast ADR on the last day. Originally, we were going to go to `Ohana, but since our plans had gotten rearranged the day before, we hadn’t gone to Trail’s End for breakfast yet. We love Trail’s End breakfast, so I changed the ADR the day before. `Ohana breakfast is great for the characters, but the food at Trails End is better. And it would give us a chance to have a little extra Fort time.

So here we are.

IMG_4744.jpg

IMG_4745.jpg

Now, in hindsight, we made a mistake here. It’s pretty hard to stuff yourself at breakfast when you just stuffed yourself at the HDDFY the night before. The original plan was to stuff ourselves at breakfast on Saturday, and that would have held us over to the HDDFY. That would have worked out better.

We arrived and had a short wait.

IMG_4746.jpg

IMG_4749.jpg

Then it was time to eat!

I got up to make a plate for Z, and guess what….

IMG_4750.jpg

IMG_4756.jpg

IMG_4751.jpg

IMG_4752.jpg

IMG_4753.jpg

IMG_4754.jpg

IMG_4755.jpg

Ahhhhhhh….. where’s the FOOD???? Almost everything was empty! The hash browns, etc. were empty too. I just don’t have a picture. I was able to piece together a few things to get Z started, and I sat down. I told Jason I was going to wait a bit because they needed to refill almost everything. I’ve never seen it like that. The people next to us were also amazed.

After several minutes, I saw some people walking around and refilling some of the items, so I went to make my plate. But they were out of plates. Ugh oh. At this point, people were getting pretty frustrated.

Finally!

IMG_4757.jpg

Once it was out, the food was good as usual. They never replaced the cinnamon buns, so I didn’t get to try them. Bummer.  What was up with the food and plate situation? It hasn’t been like that before. 10:00 isn’t THAT late, and we’ve eaten at that time before.

Anyway, I got full quickly. Like I said, eating 2 big meals in a row wasn’t very smart.

After breakfast we needed to get back to our car, and we were cartless. We could take the bus, but it was a beautiful day. I asked Jason if he cared if we walked and enjoyed the weather. He agreed, so that’s what we did.

Bye Bye flowers….. we’re heading back to frozen Georgia.

IMG_4758.jpg

Will this be selling River Country DVC soon?

IMG_4759.jpg

Bye Bye Pioneer Hall!

IMG_4760.jpg

Z ran a lot of the way. Good! We’re about to have a long car ride.

IMG_4761.jpg

Bye Bye to Z’s favorite “road.”

IMG_4762.jpg

IMG_4763.jpg

Still running

IMG_4764.jpg

Statue

IMG_4765.jpg

Another statue

IMG_4766.jpg

Look! There is blue sky in Florida! The fact that it was going to be sunny and 83 was making our exit even harder for me.

IMG_4767.jpg

We hopped in the car and headed out.

IMG_4769.jpg

Bye Bye Fort!

IMG_4770.jpg

So that’s all I’ve got…. Well, until I get my Photopass CD. The drive home was uneventful. That’s always good.

So here ends my trip report (until the bonus pictures). I’m not sure when I’ll be returning to the World. I was able to squeeze 3 trips in during the last 12 months, a record for me as an adult. We usually go for Spring Break, but we’re going on a cruise. I threw out the idea of going back this summer to my mom, but she wanted to go to the beach. And it looks like we’re heading to Alaska as a family in 2015.

All of that combined makes a Disney trip before 2016 pretty difficult. But there’s no way, I’m waiting until 2016 to return, so we will see…..

I'm glad that there will be bonus photos, as I'm not ready for this TR to end.

What y'all experienced there at Trail's End for breakfast is unacceptable.  For the prices they charge, that buffet should be constantly refreshed and ready for each guest. That is yet another instance of inept management at the Fort.

Sorry about the weather.  I am a believer that it all evens out.  That means you'll have great weather on your next trip.

That second to the last photo in your last update is one to hold onto.  Most of the trees your photo shows over by the Reception Outpost were cut down the day after you took this photo.

You have to find a way to get back before 2016.   By then, Z may be over his whole marrying a princess thing.

TCD

Enjoyed your trip report as always.

Hoop Dee Do For You..

love it!! I love when kids say things how they sound to them. It's so sad the day you actually hear them pronounce things correctly. I remember when DS was a little younger than Z. He would sing the words to the Shania Twain song, "Man I feel like a woman" as "Man I feel like a lemon." To this day when ever I hear that I always hear it the way DS did back then.

You know I have heard discussions of a WWW in April/May time frame of 2015. Hopefully that will fit into your schedule.

I'm glad that there will be bonus photos, as I'm not ready for this TR to end.

What y'all experienced there at Trail's End for breakfast is unacceptable.  For the prices they charge, that buffet should be constantly refreshed and ready for each guest. That is yet another instance of inept management at the Fort.

Sorry about the weather.  I am a believer that it all evens out.  That means you'll have great weather on your next trip.

That second to the last photo in your last update is one to hold onto.  Most of the trees your photo shows over by the Reception Outpost were cut down the day after you took this photo.

You have to find a way to get back before 2016.   By then, Z may be over his whole marrying a princess thing.

TCD

I agree about our experience at Trail's End. Honestly, A LOT went wrong or not well this trip. But we still had fun. I'm glad that it wasn't my first trip to Disney though.

Enjoyed your trip report as always.

Hoop Dee Do For You..

love it!! I love when kids say things how they sound to them. It's so sad the day you actually hear them pronounce things correctly. I remember when DS was a little younger than Z. He would sing the words to the Shania Twain song, "Man I feel like a woman" as "Man I feel like a lemon." To this day when ever I hear that I always hear it the way DS did back then.

You know I have heard discussions of a WWW in April/May time frame of 2015. Hopefully that will fit into your schedule.

Cute! I've quit correcting Z on the few cute things left. There just aren't many. Hmmmm.....WWW in April or May? That might just work for me. My problem with the dates the past 2 years is that they're holiday weekends. I do have a 3 day weekend, but the days on either side are critical days. It's a long drive for just a 3 day weekend, but 4 days makes it worthwhile. We'll see though!

I agree about our experience at Trail's End. Honestly, A LOT went wrong or not well this trip. But we still had fun. I'm glad that it wasn't my first trip to Disney though.

I'm glad this wasn't your first trip too.  If this had been my first trip, it probably would have been my last!

Cute! I've quit correcting Z on the few cute things left. There just aren't many. Hmmmm.....WWW in April or May? That might just work for me. My problem with the dates the past 2 years is that they're holiday weekends. I do have a 3 day weekend, but the days on either side are critical days. It's a long drive for just a 3 day weekend, but 4 days makes it worthwhile. We'll see though!

One of the cute things our daughter said at Z's age was pisghetti instead of spaghetti.  The funny thing was that in Boone, NC, a popular tourist destination about an hour away from us, at about the same time a restaurant named Pisghetti's opened.

Hope you can make it to WWW 2015!

Sorry it's over.  And that breakfast is ridiculous.  It's not like you paid $5.99 at Shoney's.  Just wrong.  

Exactly. There was lots of food and plates when we left though. LOL

I'm glad this wasn't your first trip too.  If this had been my first trip, it probably would have been my last!

One of the cute things our daughter said at Z's age was pisghetti instead of spaghetti.  The funny thing was that in Boone, NC, a popular tourist destination about an hour away from us, at about the same time a restaurant named Pisghetti's opened.

Hope you can make it to WWW 2015!

Z said that too! It would be great to make it to WWW 2015. It will depend on the dates. 

Really enjoyed your report. It must have been so hard to leave on a sunny day, but I love the 'statue' pics! That breakfast situation is ridiculous, I've never seen anything like it.

It was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard. And I've never seen a buffet at Disney like that. Crazy! 

Great report....Thanks!

Thanks for reading and commenting! 

Nice report.

Thank you!

Great report, thanks for sharing and taking the time to post all this.

I love the look on Z's face in the dessert pic from HDDFY!!

Sappy dad note: I cant wait until our girls are a little older and can see the look of exitement/enjoyment on their faces while at Disney. Great job on capturing that with Z this trip.

Great report! Thanks for sharing.

And thanks for reading! And encouraging me to go to Biergarten! 

Great trip report and thru all your problems it still looked like a good time, thanks again

We did. Many situations weren't ideal, but we did have fun. 

Great report, thanks for sharing and taking the time to post all this.

I love the look on Z's face in the dessert pic from HDDFY!!

Sappy dad note: I cant wait until our girls are a little older and can see the look of exitement/enjoyment on their faces while at Disney. Great job on capturing that with Z this trip.

Be sappy! I've always loved Disney, but there's nothing like experiencing Disney through the eyes of children. It really is magical. I don't care what Lou says!

Love the "statues".

Looking forward to the PP pics. You always seem to get some good ones.

2016 is not acceptable, but I'll let it slide if you take lots of pics in Alaska and share them here!

He's a funny kid! I don't think there's any way I'll wait until 2016, although it might be a non-Fort trip without Jason. 

Great report!  Loved it!  Z is sooooo cute!  My boys aren't into the princesses at all.  But they love Tinkerbell!  And your trip gave me a great idea - renting a camper.  When we come next it will be with 3 kids and if we haven't bought our own camper by then, that may be our best option.  3 kids in a hotel at Disney is kind of hard to do.  

Great trip report, thanks for sharing!

Glad yall had a good time even with everything. We've had a few unmagical situations at Disney world too but we never think about those when we are missing the world.

WBI

I'd return in a heartbeat. I'm already in full Disney withdraw! 

Great report! I still can't get over the TE problems, though! Looking forward to your bonus pictures!

It was terrible! It did right itself before we left, but I was so disappointed in them. 

Great report!  Loved it!  Z is sooooo cute!  My boys aren't into the princesses at all.  But they love Tinkerbell!  And your trip gave me a great idea - renting a camper.  When we come next it will be with 3 kids and if we haven't bought our own camper by then, that may be our best option.  3 kids in a hotel at Disney is kind of hard to do.  

Good to know Z doesn't have more competition for Ariel and Rapunzel! ha ha! One thing he really likes about the face characters (besides his love) is that they talk to him. He gets confused why the others don't. 

You should TOTALLY rent a camper! We had a great experience with Fort Camper Rental. Curt thinks of everything! The kids even get a surprise that matches the theme. And Z looooooooved the theme. He kept talking about our "little moterhome" all weekend. I would recommend splurging for a full hookup site though. TCD encouraged me to, and I didn't listen because for our stay, it was $30 a night more. In hindsight, the quiet would have made it worthwhile. The 2000 loop is too loud for us. We like our peaceful Fort. 

Plus, the kids get to run around and play in dirt. Good times! 

Page 10 bragging rights!!!  I am all in , caught up and ready for the Bonus Photos!!!

This is a great TR my partner in crime. I expected no less.  Sorry it all got off to a rough start with weather and sickness but y'all made the best of things and had a great time.   :heart:

Welcome to the party PIC! We did make the best of it. A rainy day at Disney is better than a day at home, after all! 

• 2 weeks later...

It's time for bonus footage in the form of Photopass pictures! Remember, this was a quick trip. We arrived late Wednesday and went to Epcot on Thursday followed by 2 half days at the MK. And it RAINED THE WHOLE TIME. When it's raining, there aren't many photographers out, but I think we still got some good pictures. 

You might remember that after riding Nemo, we stopped at the Character Spot. Here are are pictures from there. (Jason wouldn't take his hat off. He said it and the coat added to the memories.)

wd014wdw201403041371008.jpeg

wd015wdw201403041370970.jpeg

wd016wdw201403041370971.jpeg

wd018wdw201403041370972.jpeg

wd019wdw201403041370974.jpeg

Love Z's smile as he meets Goofy. 

wd020wdw201403041372344.jpeg

wd023wdw201403041372347.jpeg

wd024wdw201403041372348.jpeg

I also like it when they photographers do close ups of the kids that capture their excitement. 

wd025wdw201403041372349.jpeg

wd026wdw201403041372350.jpeg

wd028wdw201403041372352.jpeg

wd029wdw201403041373267.jpeg

This one is really cute.

wd030wdw201403041373258.jpeg

wd031wdw201403041373268.jpeg

wd032wdw201403041373269.jpeg

wd036wdw201403041373323.jpeg

wd033wdw201403041373271.jpeg

wd034wdw201403041373321.jpeg

wd035wdw201403041373322.jpeg

After that hug, Minnie kissed Z.... and then kissed Jason! She's a player. Mickey better watch out!

wd039wdw201403041373326.jpeg