“I can’t see through the windshield.” The GaDawgFans battle Mother Nature for a long weekend at the Fort

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salt on the windshield is one of the most annoying things in the world. Sort of like people who wont start there TRs. Or people who pretend they finished their September TR and then add their new trip

Take your time and spread it out.  It's not like I have a report from Aaron to read or anything. 

Aaron you can start yours. We promise not to get the two trips confused when we are reading about them.

I'm glad that you enjoyed Biergarten. I guess that makes the TCD gang the only Fiends who have not yet been.

You know it's impossible to find accurate prices on the Disney website for the restaurants- they change the prices depending on the dates so they can gouge guests during busier times. That's a secret though.

So, what does a dinner at Biergarten cost these days? And those beers- how much are those?

TCD

We haven't been to the Biergarten yet either.

Kelly, that has to be the best TR update ever!

It had it all!!!

Rides! - Spaceship Earth

Drama - Drunks in the courtyard

Suspense! - Will she like the food?

Music! - Oompah band

Romance! - Z knows how to work the ladies.

Sex! - Pood Forn & Bier

Grand finale! - Illuminations.

BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!!

Just one question... Why did you and Jason get the small biers?

I'm glad that you enjoyed Biergarten. I guess that makes the TCD gang the only Fiends who have not yet been.

You know it's impossible to find accurate prices on the Disney website for the restaurants- they change the prices depending on the dates so they can gouge guests during busier times. That's a secret though.

So, what does a dinner at Biergarten cost these days? And those beers- how much are those?

TCD

Lunch is, IIRC, $25 and dinner is $35. One liter of German bier is $13.50.

I'm surprised after all your countless trips you've never been to one of the top 5 best restaraunts at Disney. You really need to remedy that soon.

Shameful, just shameful!

I'm going to just enjoy this moment for a while. 

So....let's recap.  Who was right??

:smiley-raising-waving-hand:

Oh yes, that would be ME!  ME ME ME!!! 

Ok, and Ray.  I can share the kudos with him. 

So Jason has a new "must do" restaurant at Disney, and you want me to help pay for it?  I normally charge for my advice, so I'm not sure about that arrangement.  How about this?  I'll pay for your family's next dinner at Biergarten, if you pay for mine? 

:rofl3:

Yep, you were right! Enjoy the moment. I'm sure it won't happen again for awhile.

Thanks for the free advice! Hmmm.... about paying for your family.... that's not really going to work for me, especially because so many of your kids are considered adults at Disney.

I'm glad that you enjoyed Biergarten.  I guess that makes the TCD gang the only Fiends who have not yet been.

You know it's impossible to find accurate prices on the Disney website for the restaurants- they change the prices depending on the dates so they can gouge guests during busier times.  That's a secret though.

So, what does a dinner at Biergarten cost these days?  And those beers- how much are those?

TCD

I think the TCD family needs to make it a priority to try. I was the ultimate skeptic and really enjoyed it. Lunch is the cheaper option; you just don't get the carved meats. I definitely didn't eat $10 worth of carved meat (and only tried 1 of the 2), so I think you could easily fill up at the lunch price. I recommend a nap afterward.

The prices Ray gives below are about what we paid. I think they add $5 around a holiday. You CAN call and get the exact price for the day you're going. I always do that when we go around the holidays because the range on the website is HUGE.

So glad you enjoyed Biergarten!  It's one of my favorites.

I really did! I just booked it to make Jason happy, but I'm so glad I did.

We haven't been to the Biergarten yet either.

Try it! Really!

Kelly, that has to be the best TR update ever!

It had it all!!!

Rides! - Spaceship Earth

Drama - Drunks in the courtyard

Suspense! - Will she like the food?

Music! - Oompah band

Romance! - Z knows how to work the ladies.

Sex! - Pood Forn & Bier

Grand finale! - Illuminations.

BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!! BRAVO!!!

Just one question... Why did you and Jason get the small biers?

Thanks for the compliment! Despite the rain, this was a great Disney day.

Those biers are HEAVY!!!

Lunch is, IIRC, $25 and dinner is $35. One liter of German bier is $13.50.

I'm surprised after all your countless trips you've never been to one of the top 5 best restaraunts at Disney. You really need to remedy that soon.

Shameful, just shameful!

Yep, I'm pretty sure we paid about that.

What??? You need to go. Take it from DIT it's great!

I agree with the boys. I can't believe I'm saying that!

Just remember....too much of THIS....

DSCN1923.JPG

Will lead to THIS....

DSCN1945.JPG

Ha ha! That never gets old! It's probably good that we had to leave after Illuminations.

Ok....so, now I want to go back to Biergarten again.....and I want to try Via Napoli!

Do try Via Napoli! I've heard sticking to the pizza is a good idea. And it's so tasty that I can't imagine not ordering it.

I'm very late, but in...... Lovin this trip report!

Thanks for joining in! Glad you're enjoying it!

Great information in your trip report.  Love that hat Z has so cute!

I've got a good tip coming up in the next update that I'm not sure all Fiends realize. Stay tuned!

Love that hat! I wish I would have gotten Jason the Storm Trooper or Darth Vader one.

Tell me about it.  It doesn't work for me, either.  Which is one reason we haven't been back for a while.  

The 9 year old rule is ridiculous! It definitely makes buffets for families with kids that age pricey. Although on a good night, Z can chow down like an adult. The boy is in the 9% for weight, only weighs 33-34ish lbs at almost 5, but can throw back 10 hot wings and fries.... where does it go?!?!?!? I've heard most other restaurants will let anyone order off a kid's menu. Plus, on our longer trips we pack snacks, sandwiches, and cook a lot which helps. This time we didn't do any of that. Places like Via Napoli where you can split a huge pizza are perfect for you guys.

Thanks for joining in! Glad you're enjoying it!

I've got a good tip coming up in the next update that I'm not sure all Fiends realize. Stay tuned!

Love that hat! I wish I would have gotten Jason the Storm Trooper or Darth Vader one.

The 9 year old rule is ridiculous! It definitely makes buffets for families with kids that age pricey. Although on a good night, Z can chow down like an adult. The boy is in the 9% for weight, only weighs 33-34ish lbs at almost 5, but can throw back 10 hot wings and fries.... where does it go?!?!?!? I've heard most other restaurants will let anyone order off a kid's menu. Plus, on our longer trips we pack snacks, sandwiches, and cook a lot which helps. This time we didn't do any of that. Places like Via Napoli where you can split a huge pizza are perfect for you guys.

We enjoy Via Napoli.  We eat most meals in the camper on our trips, but there are some meals out I really enjoy, like 50's, Biergarten, Ohana, and now BOG.  But I have to pick and choose because it really adds up. 

We enjoy Via Napoli.  We eat most meals in the camper on our trips, but there are some meals out I really enjoy, like 50's, Biergarten, Ohana, and now BOG.  But I have to pick and choose because it really adds up. 

I will be going to BOG in the next update for lunch, and I will be comparing it to our 2 dinners there.

That's it. Becker's and the fam are going to Biergarten

I've written about this before....but here is my DIT money saving tip for the day.  Book one of the last lunch reservation times.  I think it's around 3 pm or so.  Same buffet, same entertainment, cheaper price.  Plus, you'll be so full you won't need dinner that night...maybe just a snack or dessert.  So you save on a complete meal too.  

You're welcome.  

About this time, Jason made a declaration…. The Biergarten is to be part of the deal for all future Disney trips. There will be no Disney without Biergarten! Honestly, I really enjoyed it too, so I agreed. The Fiends were right! It was better than I expected. Of course, it’s also expensive, so I’ll be hitting up DIT for donations.

Yah!!!  Another believer!  :jumpforjoy We, too, believe that all WDW trips should include Biergarten.  One way to cut the cost SOME is to go at lunchtime.  It is cheaper and gives us more time to walk off the over full tummies!

That's it. Becker's and the fam are going to Biergarten

You should! I was really surprised at how much I enjoyed it. And the kiddos get to run around which is really nice. It helped that we had a table on the bottom row, so we could eat and keep an eye on Z. Maybe request that when you check in. 

I've written about this before....but here is my DIT money saving tip for the day.  Book one of the last lunch reservation times.  I think it's around 3 pm or so.  Same buffet, same entertainment, cheaper price.  Plus, you'll be so full you won't need dinner that night...maybe just a snack or dessert.  So you save on a complete meal too.  

You're welcome.  

Very true. I heard they don't do the carving station, but there are probably 10 other meats, so who cares! 

Kelly, I love your trip reports! I love that you focus on your family having fun!

Thanks so much Rita! We do have fun, even when Mother Nature doesn't cooperate. 

Yah!!!  Another believer!  :jumpforjoy We, too, believe that all WDW trips should include Biergarten.  One way to cut the cost SOME is to go at lunchtime.  It is cheaper and gives us more time to walk off the over full tummies!

Yep, I'm now officially a believer. But walking around after that would be difficult! I was soooooooooooo full. 

I am still laughing at the other boys throwing stink eyes at your son being surrounded by the girls.

That picture cracks me up too!

It’s time for a weekend update!

It’s Friday, January 31st, and our plan was to hot the Magic Kingdom for rope drop, FP+ for BTMR, Rapunzel, ETwB, lunch at BOG, and then take a break and go back for the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party.

But when we woke up for RD, it was pouring. Again. And it was pretty cold on top of the rain.

Jason didn’t want to go. I told him we had to go to the MK at some point during the day because we had FP+ for BOG and ETwB, and I couldn’t get any other times for those. We also had an ADR for the Dessert Party.

I’d been trying to score ADRs for the Dessert Party for our last 2 trips and was unsuccessful. At some point, they decided to open it up at the 180 day mark like the rest of the ADRs, so I was able to get it for this trip. I wasn’t canceling.

Jason pretty much begged me to not make us go.

So we comprised. That’s what good spouses do, right? I said we could do an abbreviated day at the MK today if we could add a day to our tickets and do RD tomorrow. Saturday was supposed to just be a Fort day, but we’d go to the MK for awhile. He agreed, I rescheduled our Rapunzel FP+ for later in the day, and we went back to sleep for a bit.

This is how it looked a little after 8AM.

IMG_4518.png

Z was okay with the rain because it was great for making mud pies. I’m not sure if you can see the rain, but it was definitely raining.

IMG_4519.jpg

You’ll notice we have a Kenny cart with the rain flaps. Boy did those come in handy this trip!

I decided to have leftover pizza for breakfast. Yum!

IMG_4520.jpg

It had been really cold at night, and we had run the furnace instead of the space heater because we were worried about Z knocking the heater over. So we had run out of propane. The next 2 nights looked a lot warmer, but Jason figured it’s better to be safe than sorry, so we decided to refill the tank.

For some reason, I called the front desk to find out where we could do that. They told me the Settlement Trading Post. That seemed weird to me since cars can’t get back there, but we decided to head over.

This picture doesn’t show it, but it was once again hard to see through the windshield. No wipers after all.

IMG_0745.jpg

We arrived.

IMG_4521.jpg

And guess what, they don’t refill tanks there. I know you’re shocked. They said we needed to go to the Meadows.

So we did.

IMG_0746.jpg

They don’t fill the tanks right then. You drop them off and pick them up later. The price was actually pretty reasonable, around $15 I think. 

After that, we went back to the PUP to grab some things, and headed to the MK.

We took the boat and unfortunately got a little boat. It was pretty cold on the water.

IMG_0747.jpg

Discovery Island

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

The Contemporary… I like the Contemporary, but not as much as the Poly. It does have the best sandwich on property though.

IMG_0750.jpg

Almost there!

IMG_0751.jpg

See how cold we are?

IMG_0752.jpg

We added the day to our tickets at the booth to the right when you go through bag check.

Then it was time to enter! But we had a problem.

IMG_0753.jpg

My finger wouldn’t work. The CM kind of talked to me like I was an idiot (I’m sure she see lots of them). After assuring her about 5 times that I knew what finger I had used and trying several times, I got the hand up and waited for the iPad CM.

Then, we were in!

I tried to use the MDE app to check wait times, but it wasn’t working.

IMG_4522.png

Rainy Main Street

IMG_0754.jpg

I figured POTC would be a short wait, so we headed that way.

IMG_0755.jpg

It was a 15 minute wait, but it was dry.

Yo ho

IMG_4524.jpg

We had a 12:00-1:00 FP+ for ETwB, so we headed that way.

More rain

IMG_0757.jpg

IMG_0759.jpg

The one bummer about FP+ for ETwB is that you don’t get to see most of the cottage. You go straight to the workshop area.

Cool light

IMG_4528.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

Z got picked to play Chip again. He makes a good Chip. I was denied Mrs. Potts again…. They gave my rightful part to a 2 year old Darn kids! Maybe the Troll is right. After that, I wasn’t going to take a part, but no one would be the wardrobe, so I took it.

Sorry, no good pictures of all this until our Photopass CD comes.

IMG_4529.jpg

We rode the carousel and thought about doing the Hall of Presidents to kill some time.

Happy boy!

IMG_4534.jpg

When we got to the HOP Z pretty much had a meltdown, and he was hungry. We decided to head to BOG early to see if they’d let us in.

I was able to snap this gem while we were there. She has some nice fish print leggings. Maybe she’s Disney bounding. The funny part is that we happen to know she was wearing them in Epcot the day before. She likes those leggings.

22fe7cea-17be-4685-a865-5cf99a58cc23.jpg

That’s all for now. We’ll head to BOG for our FP+ lunch reservation in the next update. And in case you don’t know, I’ll teach you how you too can have a FP+ for BOG. You just have to stay on property.  

Your son is just. so. darn. cute.

MK still pretty crowded for a rainy day…..we went on a rainy day last June and rode space, splash, & thunder 4x each……before 10 am!  (emh)  It was non-stop rain, though, and not the most pleasant day.  But our passes were expiring, so we had to do it.

I have to thank you for the tip on the medical website!  Very good info to have if you're in a jam!  Or not wanting to drive out in an ice storm in PA!

Speaking of driving…..you guys are very brave, and very dedicated to have ventured out into that nightmare of a traffic jam that was Atlanta last week!  The stuff I saw on the news was pretty bad, and your photos show it sure was!  I guess, like mine, your husband knows the "happy wife=happy life" equation!

Your son is just. so. darn. cute.

MK still pretty crowded for a rainy day…..we went on a rainy day last June and rode space, splash, & thunder 4x each……before 10 am!  (emh)  It was non-stop rain, though, and not the most pleasant day.  But our passes were expiring, so we had to do it.

I have to thank you for the tip on the medical website!  Very good info to have if you're in a jam!  Or not wanting to drive out in an ice storm in PA!

Speaking of driving…..you guys are very brave, and very dedicated to have ventured out into that nightmare of a traffic jam that was Atlanta last week!  The stuff I saw on the news was pretty bad, and your photos show it sure was!  I guess, like mine, your husband knows the "happy wife=happy life" equation!

Thanks for saying Z is cute! We think so too, but know we're biased. 

The MK was busy, but I think it was because it had been raining pretty hard up until we got there, and it was several hours past opening. 

The medical site really helped us out, and I would use it again in a similar situation or when traveling. 

We were pretty brave, but we did a lot of research before leaving. Obviously the night before was WAY worse than when we left. And really, the only scary part was Atlanta, and it was mostly the drivers causing problems.