“I can’t see through the windshield.” The GaDawgFans battle Mother Nature for a long weekend at the Fort

It’s time for lunch at Be Our Guest! Luckily, we had a FP+ time. It was later than I wanted, but it is what it is. It’s a not very secret secret that if you’re staying on property, you can have a FP+ time too! They’re running a test and only inviting some guests, but the site really works for everyone. You just go to https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/ and enter your log-in information and reservation number. I think the times open up about 30 days before your trip. Apparently, you can only participate in this test once. I was invited to participate a few days before my trip, but I recommend doing it well in advance of that because there won’t be many if any times left at that point.

You can apparently do it with every new reservation. I have logged back in several times just to check and each time I get a one week window to make a FP. Today I could choose the 11th to the 17th. We will do it again before we leave.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salt on the windshield is one of the most annoying things in the world. Sort of like people who wont start there TRs. Or people who pretend they finished their September TR and then add their new trip

Take your time and spread it out.  It's not like I have a report from Aaron to read or anything. 

Aaron you can start yours. We promise not to get the two trips confused when we are reading about them.

That is true.  When we did the party it was December several years back....so I guess Wishes was early. 

I guess if it was a late one, you could do a super late lunch, but 7 was PERFECT. Well, perfect for being a terrible parent and feeding your kid unlimited sugar for dinner and making sure you can eat tons too. Ha ha! 

We did it in June.  Later Wishes.  We had a super late lunch/early dinner combo and then PIGGED OUT on desserts.  My kids still cringe if I mention dessert. LOL  They did not take away the empty plates until the end.  There was no room left on our table. 

Our table was kind of crappy, but we could reach the back of the buffet by only standing up. No plate or effort needed=Trouble.

You can apparently do it with every new reservation. I have logged back in several times just to check and each time I get a one week window to make a FP. Today I could choose the 11th to the 17th. We will do it again before we leave.

Now that is a GOOD bit of info! And since you can take advantage of it, enjoy! And it was good to see y'all again. Please stay at Topsail, so I can be right about that AND BOG lunch. :)

Great update.

We've never done the dessert fireworks show thing.

Dessert looked great.

Is it worth the money?

How much does it cost?

I would recommend it actually, even with our issue with the fireworks. It's about $25 per adult. It's $26 and some change total with tax, and that's prepaid. 

Those desserts look good.

I think you shoukd have rescheduled the meet and greet FP+ time with Z's girlfriend for after the dessert party.

THE meet and greet happens tomorrow. It was so worth the wait. But we do meet his other girlfriend after the party. 

Where was the cake how can it be a desert party with out cake? At least some cup cakes

Cake.... cheesecake.... I actually like cheesecake better! 

Late night snow day update.....

So we're back at the dessert party, and here's where’s where the weather caused us issues again. It was too foggy and cloudy to see most of the fireworks. BUMMER. But we still had a good time.

IMG_4596.jpg

UGH

IMG_4597.jpg

IMG_4599.jpg

IMG_4600.jpg

If this had been my first time seeing Wishes, I would have probably been more upset about the fireworks. But it was was it was. Luckily, I knew we’d be watching these same fireworks the next night from the Fort beach. I was hoping the weather would be better

Tinker Bill did fly and land on our building, and guess what…. I think it was Tinker BELL instead. I tried to get a picture but failed miserably. Sorry.

After the fireworks, we had a little over an hour before the park closed. We could go back to the PUP, or we could see how much we could do before the park closed. Jason was all for more Fort time the next day, so we decided to stay in the MK.

We rode Buzz.

IMG_4602.jpg

Most of you do a lot better than me, but I beat Jason, and that’s all that matters.

IMG_4604.jpg

These pictures crack me up. I’m intense.

IMG_0787.jpg

So is Jason.

IMG_0786.jpg

We headed back to Fantasyland and rode Barnstormer. It was a walk on.

IMG_4607.jpg

Z wasn’t interested in riding Dumbo. My baby is growing up. L

I noticed it was a few minutes before 9PM, when Ariel stopped meeting. We got in line just in time.

My future DIL?

IMG_0789.jpg

IMG_0795.jpg

She kissed Z (again!), and he did his hopping that he does when he is in love. LOL

You’ll have to wait for kiss pictures until I get our Photopass CD, but here’s evidence of the kiss.

IMG_0798.jpg

He wanted to pose with his kiss by her statue.

IMG_0799.jpg

Next up was the Haunted Mansion with about a 5 minute wait. I’d never been through the interactive que before, but now that’s where you have to go without FP+.

IMG_4611.jpg

IMG_4612.jpg

IMG_4613.jpg

We had one more mission… Space Mountain. This was going to be tricky because we were going to have to do a swap.

Z got a light-up Mohawk on the way. He was now super cool with a Mohawk and a kiss.

IMG_4615.jpg

It was 9:45, and there was a posted 15 minute wait. The lady working the gate was nice enough to send Jason through the FP line, so we could pull off our swap before they closed the line at 10. It would be tight. See, I’m being a nice wife… I let him go first knowing I might not make it. That’s love.

Z and I waited in the shop. And waited. Crap, it was 9:58, and I knew I had to get in line by 10:00. Whoooo Hoooo! He came out at 9:59, and I ran to the lady. She was happy I made it.

Z always gets upset that he’s not tall enough for Space. He needs to grow about an inch and a half. Even then, I’m not sure I’ll let him ride because I can’t be next to him if he freaks. I wish they still had the seats where you could ride with someone in front of you. What happened to those? I think Expedition Everest will be his next Disney coaster as it has the same height requirement, but he can ride next to me.

After that, we headed out.

IMG_4619.jpg

It was 10:20 as we headed to the boat.

IMG_4620.jpg

But the boats weren’t running. Too much fog. They told us we’d have to take a bus to the Wilderness Lodge and then take a bus to the Fort. The line was loooooooooooong. But it moved really fast. They were prepared.

In actuality, the bus driver just continued to the Settlement. Yay!

We made it back to the PUP and built a fire.

IMG_4623.jpg

When we got back to the loop and were building our fire, there was A LOT of commotion on our loop. The Boy Scouts had arrived!!!! Except, they were screeching and screaming in such a way that I thought they were Girl Scouts at the time. And I mean SCREAMING. LOUD. And it was 11:30 PM. What the Fort? And how rude! 

Usually Z would be sleeping at this time, and after making more mud pies, we were trying to get him in bed. But these Boy Scouts were running all through the woods. It seemed like there might be 100 of them. I thought it was a huge group of little girls with maybe a couple of moms.

I walked to the front of our site to try to figure out what was going on. The people across from us were tenting and had to pack up early in the morning. They were pissed. The people next to us were out too and mad. It was way past quiet hours. And the screeching. It was not just loud; it was annoying.

So you know what I did? I called security. I didn't feel like dealing with parents who obviously had no sense. I didn't think they'd actually come, so I told Jason I'd give them about 20 minutes and go break out my teacher voice. 

But they came. First, they sent a cart. A few minutes later, they sent a truck. And the Girl Boy Scouts calmed down. Well, until about 6 AM. 

Let's just say we will NEVER stay on the 2000 loop again. Ever. 

We’d done so much that night that I told Jason we could skip RD again. Did you hear that? Skip RD AGAIN!!!! I never skip RD. I guess FP+ does have some advantages.

Tomorrow, we finally have the experience that inspired this little trip, and it was AMAZING!!! Did you hear that Troll? AMAZING!

Great update.

Y'all did a good job getting stuff done at the MK.  Especially at Space Mountain!  It will be a big day when Z gets to ride.  I'm sure he will be fine.  The only one who will be nervous will be you!

I hate to hear that about the Boy Scouts.  Having been one myself, I'm sure we were loud too.  But, we never camped in a commercial campground like FW- we went to scout camps or State parks and camped like men.  I hate to say this, but I think the Fort shouldn't allow groups like this in the regular camping loops.  Let them stay in the group camping area.  It's not fair to other campers to have a loop overrun by unsupervised kids.  We have unfortunately run into it many times, and not just on the 2000 loop- lately the 1500 loop has been just as bad.  And girls' groups are worse that the boys.  The TCD girls hate being in a loop with groups of girls- the comfort stations are always packed and noisy.   Of course, there's no worries that groups will be allowed.  Actually, there seem to be more and more of them.  These groups can more easily afford the jacked-up Fort prices than single families can.  The Fort is happy to take their money.

TCD

Great update, Kelly!

Thanks for reading along!

Amazing is good.  Screeching little boys, not so much.

I totally agree. 

That update was AMAZING! 

The next update will be even more AMAZING!

Great update.

Y'all did a good job getting stuff done at the MK.  Especially at Space Mountain!  It will be a big day when Z gets to ride.  I'm sure he will be fine.  The only one who will be nervous will be you!

I hate to hear that about the Boy Scouts.  Having been one myself, I'm sure we were loud too.  But, we never camped in a commercial campground like FW- we went to scout camps or State parks and camped like men.  I hate to say this, but I think the Fort shouldn't allow groups like this in the regular camping loops.  Let them stay in the group camping area.  It's not fair to other campers to have a loop overrun by unsupervised kids.  We have unfortunately run into it many times, and not just on the 2000 loop- lately the 1500 loop has been just as bad.  And girls' groups are worse that the boys.  The TCD girls hate being in a loop with groups of girls- the comfort stations are always packed and noisy.   Of course, there's no worries that groups will be allowed.  Actually, there seem to be more and more of them.  These groups can more easily afford the jacked-up Fort prices than single families can.  The Fort is happy to take their money.

TCD

It will be a big day, and I know I'll let him. But Space is pretty scary. I always forget that until I ride. 

I agree about the Scouts. I really want Z to be one, but we'll never do a Fort camping trip with them. The total disregard for others is concerning. Aren't they supposed to be teaching them something?

It’s Saturday, our last real day. That’s always sad. The plan for the day was to go to the MK for a bit and hit the HDDR for dinner. Z calls it the Hoop Dee Doo For You. I think that’s funny.

Here are some Scouts I wanted to shake for waking me up before the sun.

IMG_4626.jpg

But I didn’t. It was tempting though.

After getting ready, we headed to the boat.

IMG_4627.jpg

Z was still rocking his Ariel kiss (sort of).

IMG_4628.jpg

People fishing

IMG_4630.jpg

We had FP+ for BTMRR (Z’s favorite ride), Rapunzel, and Peter Pan. We headed to BTMRR first. It was fairly crowded.

IMG_4631.jpg

IMG_4632.jpg

Splash is being refurbished. Looks like a big project. Didn’t it just get a big refurb?

IMG_4633.jpg

These are the folks that didn’t have FP+.

IMG_4634.jpg

Thunder Mountain selfie!

IMG_4637.jpg

Look! We’re wearing short sleeves!

IMG_4642.jpg

Next we headed towards Fantasyland. It was time for some lunch, and I wanted to try a place on the way that I’ve heard lots about but had never tried.

We saw some musicians.

IMG_4638.jpg

I dedicate this picture to TCD. I hope you can see how severe that wedgie is. You’re welcome.

IMG_4640.jpg

After using some brain bleach, we arrived at the Colombia Harbor House.

IMG_4641.jpg

Jason got the chicken and fish combo.

IMG_4643.jpg

I just got the fish.

IMG_4644.jpg

It was pretty tasty, especially for $7.99. I also couldn’t finish it, so the portion size is pretty good.

After lunch it was time for Z’s big moment…. The thing that inspired the whole trip! We went to the restrooms for him to change into….

IMG_4646.jpg

His Flynn Rider Halloween costume!

IMG_0800.jpg

Now I have to say that Z was very nervous about wearing his costume to meet Rapunzel. But once he had it on and people were stopping us to compliment it, he was OK.

We hadn’t been into the new Princess Hall.

It’s pretty cool.

IMG_4649.jpg

Z got REALLY nervous when he saw Rapunzel and started hiding behind me. She was awesome! She saw him hiding, so she hid behind the planter and peaked around. He laughed and then went with her.

Now, I do have a little complaint about the Photopass photographer we had. I love the candid pictures of Z interacting with the characters. Sometimes if it’s one he really likes, I’ll nicely let them know that we have the pre-purchased CD and ask them nicely to take lots of pics. Usually the photographers seem happy about that and start snapping away. But he wasn’t taking any, so I stepped next to him and started taking pictures with my phone. He looked at me and motioned that he would just give me his camera and said something of that nature tome. WHAT?!?!?! Seriously? I was shocked! I’ve never had anything but great interactions and experiences with the PP photographers. Whatever, he wasn’t ruining this moment!

It was a different Rapunzel than we’ve had in the past, but she was great with him. She complimented him on not being as dirty as her Flynn, and spent a lot of time talking to him. Z was in heaven!

IMG_4650.jpg

IMG_4651.jpg

IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4653.jpg

IMG_4654.jpg

Despite the jerk of a photographer, the experience was AMAZING and MAGICAL! Really. Totally worth the trip, or at least I think so! 

After that, it was time to meet Snow White, but I don’t have picture of that. Sorry Dave, you have to wait for me to get my CD. Z was a little overwhelmed and didn’t want to meet her at first, but she gave him a little flower to put in his satchel, and then he warmed up.

Showing off his kiss on the way out!

IMG_4655.jpg

We went shopping to kill some time before our Peter Pan FP+. I really wanted one of these brushes but bought a sweatshirt instead.

IMG_4656.jpg

Then it was time for Peter Pan!

IMG_4658.jpg

IMG_4659.jpg

IMG_4660.jpg

After Peter Pan, it was about time to head to the Fort, but we took more pictures and met a Fiend before we left the MK. We’ll pick up there in the next update!

I agree about the Scouts. I really want Z to be one, but we'll never do a Fort camping trip with them. The total disregard for others is concerning. Aren't they supposed to be teaching them something?

Yes, of course Scouts are supposed to be respectful.  But, that's a difficult thing for boys that age to do when turned loose in a place like the Fort. I blame the leaders and the Fort itself for allowing this situation to exist.  Groups of Scouts should be in a scout camp or a group camping area, where they have room to blow off steam.  Not in a camping loop with a bunch of families trying to have a nice relaxing trip.  Like I said though, get used to it.  As long as you've got the cash, they're going to take it.  It's a terrible way to run a business, but so far, they've gotten away with it, so no reason to hope that they're going to stop it.

I dedicate this picture to TCD. I hope you can see how severe that wedgie is. You’re welcome.

IMG_4640.jpg

Thankfully, I don't see the wedgie.  What I can see is plenty, thank you very much.

Good job on the photo. Things like this need to be documented and shared.

Last comment- awesome  AMAZING story about Z and the Flynn costume.

At some point, though, you're going to need to sit that boy down and explain that he's going to need to make a choice.  Or at least be more careful.  Showing up at one girlfriend's with the lipstick of the other still on your cheek could cause trouble.  And Rapunzel has that frying pan.  Dude needs to watch himself, or he might get that pan upside the head.

TCD

Yes, of course Scouts are supposed to be respectful.  But, that's a difficult thing for boys that age to do when turned loose in a place like the Fort. I blame the leaders and the Fort itself for allowing this situation to exist.  Groups of Scouts should be in a scout camp or a group camping area, where they have room to blow off steam.  Not in a camping loop with a bunch of families trying to have a nice relaxing trip.  Like I said though, get used to it.  As long as you've got the cash, they're going to take it.  It's a terrible way to run a business, but so far, they've gotten away with it, so no reason to hope that they're going to stop it.

Thankfully, I don't see the wedgie.  What I can see is plenty, thank you very much.

Good job on the photo. Things like this need to be documented and shared.

Last comment- awesome  AMAZING story about Z and the Flynn costume.

At some point, though, you're going to need to sit that boy down and explain that he's going to need to make a choice.  Or at least be more careful.  Showing up at one girlfriend's with the lipstick of the other still on your cheek could cause trouble.  And Rapunzel has that frying pan.  Dude needs to watch himself, or he might get that pan upside the head.

TCD

Jason and I often joke with him about having to choose between Ariel and Rapunzel. He says he can marry both. :rofl2:  And no wonder Rapunzel asked about the frying pan! She was jealous. He better watch his back. 

He is the most adorable Flynn Rider ever.  I love the photos.

Awwww.... thanks! 

Z is too cute! I love how he's racking up on Princess kisses!

He did. He got both of his loves in less than 24 hours. Hopefully it doesn't go to his head. :)

When we got back to the loop and were building our fire, there was A LOT of commotion on our loop. The Boy Scouts had arrived!!!! Except, they were screeching and screaming in such a way that I thought they were Girl Scouts at the time. And I mean SCREAMING. LOUD. And it was 11:30 PM. What the Fort? And how rude!

Usually Z would be sleeping at this time, and after making more mud pies, we were trying to get him in bed. But these Boy Scouts were running all through the woods. It seemed like there might be 100 of them. I thought it was a huge group of little girls with maybe a couple of moms.

I walked to the front of our site to try to figure out what was going on. The people across from us were tenting and had to pack up early in the morning. They were pissed. The people next to us were out too and mad. It was way past quiet hours. And the screeching. It was not just loud; it was annoying.

So you know what I did? I called security. I didn't feel like dealing with parents who obviously had no sense. I didn't think they'd actually come, so I told Jason I'd give them about 20 minutes and go break out my teacher voice.

But they came. First, they sent a cart. A few minutes later, they sent a truck. And the Girl Boy Scouts calmed down. Well, until about 6 AM.

Let's just say we will NEVER stay on the 2000 loop again. Ever.

=====================================

We had the same problem in October in the 2000 loop, but it was two large groups of campers, some before us and some after. They were more interested in partying then watching their kids. We were right by the comfort station which seemed to be a brat magnet until 1 in the morning and then again starting at 6. We ended up calling security which did nothing. When we left I spoke with a manger, told him our stay was far from magical. They comped us a future night. We still had a good time, but by far it was one of our worst experiences at the Fort.

I wanted to comment on the photopass thing. I am not defending the photographer, because there are some bad ones. But in that venue, we cannot shoot the candid's like we do in other venues. The lighting and camera settings we use are only good for photos "on the rug". If everyone isn't on the rug, there is no use taking photos because they will not come out. Its frustrating for us because we miss some really cute photos of interactions. So when Rapunzel was hiding behind the flowers, there were no photos to be taken.

I wonder who you met at the MK that day.

Z is the man....

I don't see any problem with him marrying both....if that's what he wants to do.

But keeping them both happy might be tough.

His costume is awesome.  You can tell he is having a blast which I am sure made the trip AMAZING.

AMAZING.

That's a word not used enough.

I am going to use it more often.

We had the same problem in October in the 2000 loop, but it was two large groups of campers, some before us and some after. They were more interested in partying then watching their kids. We were right by the comfort station which seemed to be a brat magnet until 1 in the morning and then again starting at 6. We ended up calling security which did nothing. When we left I spoke with a manger, told him our stay was far from magical. They comped us a future night. We still had a good time, but by far it was one of our worst experiences at the Fort.

The noise was ridiculous. Never again. 

I wanted to comment on the photopass thing. I am not defending the photographer, because there are some bad ones. But in that venue, we cannot shoot the candid's like we do in other venues. The lighting and camera settings we use are only good for photos "on the rug". If everyone isn't on the rug, there is no use taking photos because they will not come out. Its frustrating for us because we miss some really cute photos of interactions. So when Rapunzel was hiding behind the flowers, there were no photos to be taken.

I wonder who you met at the MK that day.

The thing was, he wasn't even taking picture while they were talking on the rug. What really pissed me off is when he asked me if I wanted to take his camera and do it myself. That's a pretty crappy thing to say. 

I met someone pretty cool..... :) 

Love the picture of Z and his girl but I want to know one thing...

Where's Z's hand?

Ha ha! It's on his satchel, but I see what it looks like. 

Next time you take a picture for TCD could you please PM it to him.

I can't unsee that! Lol

Yeah, I'm sorry everyone had to see that. But have you ever seen a wedgie that bad??? 

Spandex, it's a privilege , not a right!

Amen.

So, I read page 8 first and was confused/worried about wedgies, spandex and missing hands.   It all came clear when I read page 7.  But I do have to say that this:

is about the cutest picture ever!

Ha ha ha! And thanks!

Z is the man....

I don't see any problem with him marrying both....if that's what he wants to do.

But keeping them both happy might be tough.

His costume is awesome.  You can tell he is having a blast which I am sure made the trip AMAZING.

AMAZING.

That's a word not used enough.

I am going to use it more often.

It was AMAZING! And once he had the costume on, he was a celebrity. 

When we occasionally watch those crazy shows, Jason says he doesn't understand the men who like polygamy because pleasing one wife is hard enough. Can you imagine TWO princesses? Z will have a lot of work! 

Alright, so we’re heading out of the MK…

The line for IASW was looooooooooooooong.

IMG_4662.jpg

So was the line for the FP+ kiosk

IMG_4666.jpg

This kid was walking with his dad and wearing a shirt with the word “whores” on it in a family theme park. Nice.

IMG_4667.jpg

We stopped to get some pictures of Z in his costume in front of the castle. Too bad the crane was back. You’ll see them in my Photopass update.

Speaking of Photopass, a very famous Fiend had seen the Flynn Rider pictures on facebook and told me that he was in the MK, so we decided to stop by and see him on the way out.

We met here. Looks sad now, huh?

IMG_4668.jpg

Do you know who we’re meeting????

Dave (devores)!

IMG_4669.jpg

I had stalked him at the Fort in April and never got to meet him in person. It was nice to see him. Dave is a great guy!!! Flynn was tired, so we headed to the boat, so he could take a nap.

Bye Bye Magic Kingdom L

IMG_0802.jpg

A boat was waiting on us!

IMG_4671.jpg

Boat selfie

IMG_4672.jpg

Back at the Fort, we saw a golf cart with puke on it.

IMG_4675.jpg

We got back to the site, and it was time for Z’s nap. I thought about going back to the MK just to soak in the sites, but it was pretty crowded, so I decided to do something I hadn’t done yet on this trip.

I headed out. Jason hung back (reluctantly).

Did I mention I hate these people?

IMG_4677.jpg

TCD already posted this pic, but this camper looks like something Dave and him would like.

IMG_4676.jpg

I passed the Meadows.

IMG_4680.jpg

And headed to the porch at Crockett’s.

Ahhhhh…. Good.

IMG_4682.jpg

Better.

IMG_4683.jpg

Breaking news…. One of the rockers was broken.

IMG_4681.jpg

After relaxing for a bit, I headed back. I decided to loop by the Trolls and see if they were there. They were! And just to ruin the Troll’s street cred a bit, his nephew was visiting. I don’t have pictures, but it’s true. We chatted for a bit, and I headed back to our site.

These were there.

IMG_4686.jpg

Jason said they were some kind of vulture. I hope they were looking for Scouts.

We got ready, and I got some Z love.

IMG_2511.jpg

Then we hopped on the cart. The plan was to let Z play for a bit before dinner.

IMG_2517.jpg

IMG_4687.jpg

Since it wasn’t raining, Jason brought the good camera. You can probably tell which pictures came from that.

Like this one….

IMG_2518.jpg

And this one.

IMG_2521.jpg

Z played.

IMG_2522.jpg

IMG_2525.jpg

Crazy!

IMG_2531.jpg

It was time to check in, so we headed over to Pioneer Hall.

Creativity!

IMG_4689.jpg

We’ll go to the Hoop Dee Doo Review in the next update!