“I can’t see through the windshield.” The GaDawgFans battle Mother Nature for a long weekend at the Fort

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Salt on the windshield is one of the most annoying things in the world. Sort of like people who wont start there TRs. Or people who pretend they finished their September TR and then add their new trip

Take your time and spread it out.  It's not like I have a report from Aaron to read or anything. 

Aaron you can start yours. We promise not to get the two trips confused when we are reading about them.

Now I'm sorry I already said your son was adorable. I need a new word for him in his Flynn Ryder outfit with the kiss on his cheek - uber adorable. You better watch out when he gets to be a teenager. And be sure to save these pictures.

Looking forward to hearing about your HDDR experience.

Looking forward to the next installment.  I may go do that without the boys since they have no interest.  I really want to see the show.

I promise they'd like it. We waited because I didn't think Z would. Then he couldn't stop laughing in July. EVERYONE there has a smile on their face. 

My little girl would not be happy if 2 boys had all the hoops.

Awwww.... I was impressed though. There were no adults helping them do that. Future engineers! 

Now I'm sorry I already said your son was adorable. I need a new word for him in his Flynn Ryder outfit with the kiss on his cheek - uber adorable. You better watch out when he gets to be a teenager. And be sure to save these pictures.

Looking forward to hearing about your HDDR experience.

Thank you soooo much! And yes, he'll be tortured with those all his life. 

That was a great update.

Loved the Gator cart.

And I actually love that hippie van.  I don't like hippies.  But, the VW camper is cool.

I'm glad that you finally met up with Devores.

And, I'm glad that you got to meet Mr. and Mrs. Troll and the baby Troll.

Too bad I didn't catch y'all-that would have been a lot of Fiends you met in one day.

Can't wait to hear about the Hoop Dee Doo.

TCD

Love the update.

I have to say my favorite is your second picture from the porch. The only thing that would have made that picture better would have been two more Lites and me and DW sharing them with you.

Someday! And it would have been nice for Jason to come too. Darn kid napping!

Oh, did Z give the "smolder" to miss Rapunzel?

She tried to get him to do it, but he got really shy. He was kind of overwhelmed.

Like I said, I'm not defending the photographer. You happen to know his name or what he looked like? I have an idea of who it could be. Just want to be sure.

I didn't look at his name tag and don't really remember much about his looks. Brown hair I think? I wasn't going to report him or anything. He was just TOTALLY different than any other photographer I've interacted with. I think it was around 12:30 if that helps. I've found the PP photographer CMs some of the nicest and most willing to go out of their way, and I'm not just saying that because you are one. Most seem to LOVE thier job. He wasn't like that. Maybe he needed a break. And despite him, it was a great experience!

That was a great update.

Loved the Gator cart.

And I actually love that hippie van.  I don't like hippies.  But, the VW camper is cool.

I'm glad that you finally met up with Devores.

And, I'm glad that you got to meet Mr. and Mrs. Troll and the baby Troll.

Too bad I didn't catch y'all-that would have been a lot of Fiends you met in one day.

Can't wait to hear about the Hoop Dee Doo.

TCD

Some day, you and DIT can tour the country in a Gator hippie van minus hippies!

It would have been a lot of Fiends! Too bad you messed that up. :)

I love the customized college football carts.

Someday maybe I'll have and Irish/Wolverines cart while snowbirding.

We will have a UGA one at some point. Jason and I have already decided we'll retire in one of those old people golf cart communities. Probably not the Villiages though because they seem a little too friendly.

This is the time in our trip when I get kind of sad. It's almost time to leave..... And I never know when I'm coming back. But we had a perfect evening. And no rain!

Let’s Hoop Dee Doo for You! (Z’s name for the Hoop Dee Doo Review)

Z and I had just been to the HDDR in July with my mom, not my Jason AKA Katman, and his wife Silvia.

We loved it! And since I talked about it, my Jason decided he had to do it on our next trip.

Z was excited to be back!

IMG_2539.jpg

And he laughed a lot this time too!

IMG_2550.jpg

I know that this isn’t the long time cast, and some people don’t like that, but before this year, I hadn’t been since I was a kid…. So I don’t know the difference.

We had category one seating again because that’s how I roll. Seriously though, it’s expensive but at that point, what’s a few more dollars? I could see doing the cheaper seats for a bigger family though. For 3 people, the savings isn’t that great.

We were right in the middle which was cool because that’s where they walk through a lot.

Our view

IMG_4701.jpg

It was a full house. I don’t think I’d want those seats way back by the front door. It almost looks like those tables were added at the last minute.

IMG_4703.jpg

Ah….. this kind of scares me.

IMG_25451.jpg

You want to see some food, right?

Best cornbread EVAH! I think I could eat 3 loaves on my own.

IMG_4704.jpg

Salad

IMG_4700.jpg

My first plate….

IMG_4709.jpg

Some of the show

IMG_4707.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_2575.jpg

IMG_4710.jpg

IMG_4713.jpg

Jason tried out the video function on his new camera. I like how the cast hammed it up when they saw his camera.

th_MVI_26321.jpg

IMG_4723.jpg

IMG_4717.jpg

IMG_4716.jpg

Look! Jason likes it!

IMG_4715.jpg

Z was a little excited about dessert!

IMG_2584.jpg

IMG_2606.jpg

Family shot!

IMG_26331.jpg

Our waitress was great! She’s worked at the HDDR for over 30 years! And she said she’s not even close to being there the longest. According to her, the HDDR and Luau have some of the longest working wait staffs in Disney.

They’re getting ready for the next show!

IMG_4726.jpg

After that, we went onto the beach to watch wishes. And we could see the fireworks this time!

IMG_4731.jpg

IMG_4735.jpg

We also got to see Lou’s favorite!

IMG_4741.jpg

Afterwards we headed to the campsite to start packing. We had to leave in the morning. L But weren’t going to just wake up and leave. We were going to eat breakfast at Trail’s End before heading home. Unfortunately, it wasn’t quite the experience we’d had in the past. But we do get to briefly see the sun before driving back to Georgia.  

Great pix of HDDFY!! Looks like y'all had a great time. Wishes pictures were a nice bonus.

And of course we would want Jason on the porch with us. DD is quite the babysitter. She'd love to watch Z. Actaully she's 9 so the few time she's babysat kids me and DW were there. Lol

Maybe she could play checkers or Hulu hoop with Z while the four of us enjoy a rocker and a beverage. Glad y'all made it home safe.

When is the PP bonus footage going to begin?

Such great pics!  I'm loving this report and sad for it to be ending!  I'm sad too that your TE breakfast might not be as good as I'm hoping it was.

Tell me which day you just finished - I've lost track and I'm still curious how the weather was after we left.  They had forecast good weather for Friday and Saturday that week but it doesn't look like you got that.   :gaah:

Oh, I know the sinking feeling when it is time to go. We work so hard to get there and then it seems like 2 weeks moves along in about 3 hours. Work is brutal and it seems we have to steal time for our family. I hope you get back soon!   I seriously want to live there, at least for a bit. 

I know i said it already but your son is possibly one of the cutest little boys I have ever seen!  He should be on tv or a Hallmark card! Your pictures are so great!  Thank you so much for taking all of us along  :heartsmiley:

Great pix of HDDFY!! Looks like y'all had a great time. Wishes pictures were a nice bonus.

And of course we would want Jason on the porch with us. DD is quite the babysitter. She'd love to watch Z. Actaully she's 9 so the few time she's babysat kids me and DW were there. Lol

Maybe she could play checkers or Hulu hoop with Z while the four of us enjoy a rocker and a beverage. Glad y'all made it home safe.

When is the PP bonus footage going to begin?

Nice, a babysitter and the porch! We need to get down there. 

I'm not sure yet, but I have at least 1 more update before that... possibly 2. 

I love that you can see Z is having a great time.

He enjoys EVERYTHING about Disney.

Great HDD pictures!  Looks like you all had so much fun!

We did! Jason wants to do it every trip now. Doing that AND Biergarten every trip would be EXPENSIVE. 

Love the Hoop Dee Doo For You!!  Great pictures and Z is such a little cutie :)

Thanks and thanks!!!

Such great pics!  I'm loving this report and sad for it to be ending!  I'm sad too that your TE breakfast might not be as good as I'm hoping it was.

Tell me which day you just finished - I've lost track and I'm still curious how the weather was after we left.  They had forecast good weather for Friday and Saturday that week but it doesn't look like you got that.   :gaah:

Trails End worked out, but it was a rough start. And yep, the weatherman was wrong. Sunday when we had to leave was the only nice day we saw. 

I share Z's reaction with dessert!!

When Brian and I went we had the last tables on the first floor, because they were higher they were actually great.

I think I am going to make some cornbread now!!

Send me some cornbread! 

Great pics.

My DD looked at the last update with me.

She pointed to Z's picture and said, "I am a Fort Fiend child.  Like him."

Awwwwwwwwww.... I love that!!!! So true! 

Oh, I know the sinking feeling when it is time to go. We work so hard to get there and then it seems like 2 weeks moves along in about 3 hours. Work is brutal and it seems we have to steal time for our family. I hope you get back soon!   I seriously want to live there, at least for a bit. 

I know i said it already but your son is possibly one of the cutest little boys I have ever seen!  He should be on tv or a Hallmark card! Your pictures are so great!  Thank you so much for taking all of us along  :heartsmiley:

Time does fly, especially with a super short trip. And thank you for saying he's cute. :) 

I want some corn bread. 

Me too! 

I was late but got it all in one sitting.  Loved this trip report.  I think we should forever change the name to Hoop Dee Doo For You.

I told Z that the Fort Fiends like his name and think we should change it to the Hoop Dee Doo For You, and he looked at me confused and asked why we would change the name of the Hoop Dee Doo For You to the Hoop Dee Doo For You. Ha ha ha