Keys to the Kingdom tour for adult first time visitor?

We are thinking of doing the MK Keys to the Kingdom tour on our next trip.  We will be a party of 4 adults (or at least we like to think we are).  This will be the first visit to DW by ONE member of our party. 

Would you recommend the Keys to the Kingdom tour or would it ruin the magic a bit, even for an adult?

Thanks!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ah, Lou - dear, dear, gorgeous-when-you-were-young-but-not-so-much-now Lou.  Bless your heart.  You just can't help it, can you?  It must be that inner urge you have to rain on parades, to burst bubbl

Lou, I especially like the Disney parks when I visit on my own because I feel safe, I can step off the airplane and immediately start enjoying the Disney experience at MCO with Magic Express. I can a

Me?? Call Lou, Magic Bus, the Grand Poobah of this site a schmuckface? It does not trip easily off the tongue. (schmuckface, schmuckface, schmuckface, schmuckface...)

Have you done it, and did it ruin the magic?

Yes, I took the tour and it didn't ruin the magic for me.  Just like the second time I rode Soarin' I asked to sit on an end so I could watch the mechanics of the ride.  Soarin' is still my favorite ride.

Rather than ruin the magic, the KTTW tour enhanced it for me.  The guide pointed out so many things I would have missed - symbolic things like the changing of the light posts on Main Street.  As for the backstage area, it was fascinating to learn how the park works - from the disposing of the garbage to the water system for Splash Mountain. The Utilidors part was cool, too - although short.   I really loved this tour.

If you have extra time, I suggest seriously considering this tour.  However, our tour was about 4 1/2 hours with lunch included.  And also keep in mind the time of year you want to do this.  I imagine it can get pretty hot standing around listening to the guide.

Ok, I am in the minority.  My husband and I just did this tour in November and we LOVED it!!  He was always afraid of it taking away the magic.  I specifically planned that trip to do things we don't get to do when we have the kids with us.  I see it a different way.  I see how much more thought has gone into the creation and development of WDW.  The tour is about 6 hours.  It did include lunch.  If the "adult" in your party is one mature enough to see and appreciate the "engineering" parts, than I say go for it.  It was amazing.  Again I loved it and now I have some really cool Cliff Clavin facts to share with anyone who would like to hear.

We did the tour and loved it, definitely did not ruin the magic for us.  But I feel the tour is for Disney lovers, people who have a real interest in the history, the stories, etc.  So for a first time visitor I would say no.  Just enjoy the park for the day.

Rather than ruin the magic, the KTTW tour enhanced it for me.

He was always afraid of it taking away the magic. 

definitely did not ruin the magic for us. 

Magic, smagic, I'm going to puke. :barf: What are you people talking about? It's an amusement park.

Wow, I'm going to hear it now.

Ah, Lou - dear, dear, gorgeous-when-you-were-young-but-not-so-much-now Lou.  Bless your heart.  You just can't help it, can you?  It must be that inner urge you have to rain on parades, to burst bubbles, to laugh in the face of danger.  But no one can take the magic that is Disney away from me.  

The minute I walk into Magic Kingdom I'm mentally transformed into that little girl of so long ago who sat mesmerized in front of the TV, idolizing Annette, Sharon, Cubby, Karen, Bobby and the rest of the Mouseketeers.  I remember a time when my parents could solve all of my problems, take away every pain, and make me laugh so hard I thought my sides would burst.  I also am reminded of a time when the only "ism" we feared as kids was Communism - even though I really didn't know what it was.  We knew nothing of sexism, racism, or the other terms that darken our attitudes and our world today.  

There you have it.  It's a magical escape for me, back to the land of the Mickey Mouse Club - and no other "amusement park" affords me that unique pleasure.  

So, go back to your puking, and I'll continue to look forward to the next time I can visit that Disney magic.

Hey Judy in Texas, instead of just giving Jean Ann up arrows, let's hear your excuses reasons for this love affair with Disney.

Lou, I especially like the Disney parks when I visit on my own because I feel safe, I can step off the airplane and immediately start enjoying the Disney experience at MCO with Magic Express. I can act like a kid when riding the rides like Buzz and Toy Story Mania. There is always something that makes me say "WOW" and there's normally no one to puke on my fun.

Lou, I especially like the Disney parks when I visit on my own because I feel safe, I can step off the airplane and immediately start enjoying the Disney experience at MCO with Magic Express. I can act like a kid when riding the rides like Buzz and Toy Story Mania. There is always something that makes me say "WOW" and there's normally no one to puke on my fun.

So you don't feel safe at the other excellent, and in many cases, superior, Florida theme parks?

The Magical Express is operated by two non-Disney companies, so they should get the credit.

As for no one puking on your fun, they don't offer puke bags at Mission Space for no reason.

So you don't feel safe at the other excellent, and in many cases, superior, Florida theme parks?The Magical Express is operated by two non-Disney companies, so they should get the credit.As for no one puking on your fun, they don't offer puke bags at Mission Space for no reason.

I'm no match for your snarkiness, Lou. Have a good day.