The TCD Gang Springs Forward at the Fort- A Spring Break 2014 TR

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey, leave Beckers alone, she knows exactly what she's doing. She's my new favorite Fiend.

I have seen them training docking at the Fort. That provided one of the best photos I've ever taken    

I love Agents of Shield. It's really the only show we watch as a family. They are getting ready to start a 7 episode run to the season finale this week! Can't wait! Off topic but my 10 year old dd is

FP+ for Fantasmic does not guarantee you a specific section to sit in. It only guarantees you get a seat. You still sit in what ever section is open when you arrive. The only section reserved is for the dinner package and it is the middle section of the theater. How it works is, they know how many FP+s are issued for each show. Capacity minus FP+s lets them know how many guests can enter standby. Once the standby capacity reaches zero, no more standby may enter to allow the remaining FP+ holders a seat. They could issue FP+s to fill the theater if that many people select it. So, getting there early is still worth your time if you want a great seat.

Kids have seen it once now......no desire to go back.

Maybe they should do a world of color type show there.........or fill it in nd build Jim Hill's Monsters Inc Coaster?

I think that theater would be perfect for a live Pirates of the Caribbean show.  It could incorporate canon battles, Captain Jack shenanigans and small fireworks.    

Do class A's fit in the 100 loop? 

Yes and no.  It depends on how big the motorhome is, and which site.  My parents used to have a 28' class A that could fit nearly everywhere.  We had a 35' one....would still fit in most sites, but maneuvering around the 100 loop can be tight.  A big 40 or 45' tag axle diesel pusher may have problems.  

After 4 trips of trying, we finally saw Fantasmic last week. Not what I expected, although I'm not sure what I expected. I like Dave's idea of a pirate show.

I think I expected it to be more live characters and less projection on the water sprays. Cool idea, just wanted more live action.

TCD,

I have fallen behind on my reading. I am not caught up yet, but will leave a couple of comments now.

I laughed out loud, over your "really cold" comment when you went on to say it was 50!!! I can only dream about temperatures in the 50's!! And tonight I hear that we are supposed to get more snow on Wednesday.....maybe a lot...UGH!!!!

Just figured that I would throw this out there. My kids and I have used Magical Express four times. My husband has used it at least 10 times. Each time was very efficient. I remember one time, the only people on it, were my kids, Mom and myself. That was strange and funny! Really though, we have never sat waiting on the bus long and even if they have a stop or two before our stop, they are quick. Plus, they show a fun "intro to Disney" type movie which is good. I don't blame your daughter for wanting to be picked up, but if it doesn't work out, Magical Express is a pretty good program.

Looking forward to reading about you and one of the twins at the Muppet event! Sounds fun!

Heidi

I am very late catching up, and don't read all the comments, but I would like to say that if there are 3 other fiends who want to walk across that newly painted cross walk, I will do it but only if I am allowed to do it without shoes on in order to stimulate some rumors about my death.

Ok remember I'm from Vermont when asking this question :)

Are alligators and snakes  at the Fort?  I hate hate hate  snakes...

Any body else hate snakes and camp at the fort?

You're at Disney. It's all animatronics.

even the armadillos?

I didn't see any armadillos last September. Bobby told me they pulled them all to replace them with the new version 5.4.2 animatronics.

Even the rain and the bugs are not real.

Stinkin rain machine broke while we were there last year.

You got the same spot for Fantasmic that we always have gotten.  Seriously, every time. I must have center seat repellent in my blood stream.  Great photos and reporting!  Thanks in advance for dragging this out until May.... if possible. :))

I guess you have to get there super early to get center seats.  We had seats in the center section once.  Not really worth the effort.  The seats are far enough back from the stage that everyone in the audience can see everything.

I'm not sure I can drag this out until May.  I am getting near the end of this trip.  I might need to schedule a bonus day trip.

We haven't gone to Fantasmic in years. Just because of the crowds. Too many people for mi liking.

We don't go very often.  The only reason we went this time is that I was able to get us FP+'s, and I wanted to see how that worked.

Getting out of that theatre after the show SMB

True.

Especially if you are all the way on the other side of the theater from the entrance/exit.  Sometimes they open up alternate exits, though.  This time, we ended up exiting near the Tower of Terror gift shop.  Usually, we end further down the street.

FP+ for Fantasmic does not guarantee you a specific section to sit in. It only guarantees you get a seat. You still sit in what ever section is open when you arrive. The only section reserved is for the dinner package and it is the middle section of the theater. How it works is, they know how many FP+s are issued for each show. Capacity minus FP+s lets them know how many guests can enter standby. Once the standby capacity reaches zero, no more standby may enter to allow the remaining FP+ holders a seat. They could issue FP+s to fill the theater if that many people select it. So, getting there early is still worth your time if you want a great seat.

OK, then with the current tiers at DHS, it is a total waste to choose Fantasmic for your one tier one FP+.

Thanks for this information.  I assumed that they were reserving a prime viewing area for guests with FP+, like they do for Wishes at MK and Illuminations at Epcot.  I think it's awful on the part of DHS management to not reserve an area for guests who use their tier one FP+ choice for Fantasmic.  I'll bet nobody would if they knew that it really gets them nothing.  In fact, with the return time only beginning 30 minutes before the show, it almost guarantees that the guest will not get a prime seat.

Fantasmic SMB.  It's on my list of things that should be blown up.  

I disagree.

I don't love Fantasmic, but it's worth seeing every now and then.

I would like to see it once before that happens. 

I hope you do.

Kids have seen it once now......no desire to go back.

Maybe they should do a world of color type show there.........or fill it in nd build Jim Hill's Monsters Inc Coaster?

This is interesting.

My kids like it.

But, they grew up with the movies that are featured in the show.

Since it has never been updated, there are no references to the Disney movies which are more popular with younger children.

I think that theater would be perfect for a live Pirates of the Caribbean show.  It could incorporate canon battles, Captain Jack shenanigans and small fireworks.    

That would be OK.

But a little Captain Jack goes a long way.  I'm not sure there would be repeat viewers like there are for Fantasmic.

That's a big flaw with your plan to blow it up- it still draws huge crowds.

Do class A's fit in the 100 loop? 

Yes and no.  It depends on how big the motorhome is, and which site.  My parents used to have a 28' class A that could fit nearly everywhere.  We had a 35' one....would still fit in most sites, but maneuvering around the 100 loop can be tight.  A big 40 or 45' tag axle diesel pusher may have problems.  

I agree with Dave's answer.

There are always Class A's in the 100 loop.  And everything else too.

TCD