Las Vegas-Disneyland-Memphis & More!!!

This is a little story about our crazy spring break 2014. We will visit 5 different states and go to DTD at Disneyland and visit the Disneyland hotel. Go see a president and visit the King!

Let me give you a little back ground and it will explain why went to 5 different states on our trip. Actually we went to Arkansas 3 times. But I'll explain that as we go along.

Every year or so my FIL takes most of the family on a trip somewhere. We've done several cruises, three trips to Disney world, Washington D.C, and various other trips.

This year we are going to Little Rock Arkansas, to see were my DW was born and the Bill Clinton Presidential library. A first for me. And then to Memphis to eat BBQ and visit the King's home...Graceland.

I am The families TA so I had everything booked and was looking forward to a nice little relaxing family vacation.

Everything was great until...my older sister decided last minute to have a 75th birthday party for my mother in California.

This is when everything gets turned upside down and I scramble to make it happen.

This is where I try to upload some photos to phitobucket so I can download them here. Jump on board quickly as this will not be a long TR but it will have plenty of pictures of the neat places we got to visit. And yes there will be Pood Forn pictures

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Picking up the tickets at North Island and have our room ressies at Grand Californian...

I see how you are planning on getting your post count up.  Post one picture at a time.     Shameless.     Your DD is a cutie pie, by the way.  

Pretty sure that can be said about all fiend men...

Thanks for reading along.

Beckers send me your $5.00 but I. Sorry you didn't win.

It's Saturday and Saturdays are always slow on FF.net and I was able to upload some pictures. So here we go.

Ok my sister calls and says we are have a surprise birthday party for our mom. Great when? The 15th of March, her actual birthday.

Some of moms friends are coming over moms house for cake. So I tell her we will try to make it but we've already have plans and reservations. The. My sister puts on the guilt trip, older sisters are good at that.

I call my FIL and tell him what's going on and he suggest we start our trip on Tuesday the 18th so we can go out to California for her birthday. Great I call the hotels, and luckily I'm able to change the days.

Next step, book last minute flights from Oklahoma to California, and everything is sky high. I'm talking $500 X 3 = $1,500 and my DS just finished school in Sacramento and it's about 7 hr drive my moms house. That's ok, he can drive. Then in a moment of pure brilliance I think of checking flights from Little Rock Arkansas to California. Before I go on I need to explain something. My mom lives in Barstow, Ca which is about half way in between Las Vegas and Los Angeles so I prefer to fly into Las Vegas and avoid LA traffic.

Why little rock you say? Easy we are meeting my FIL and the rest of DW's family there on the 18th to start the second half of our spring break.

Ok check flights...$275/person and son can fly into Vegas for $100, cheaper than gas.

Book hotel in Barstow and Little Rock we are good to go.

So here's the plan. On Friday the 14th we drive 5.5 hrs to comfort suites at the little rock airport. Catch 7:00 am flight to Vegas and son flys into Vegas and lands 15 minutes before we do. Get rental car drive to moms for the big surprise. Sounds great right?

Left OKC at 2:15 pm and arrived in little rock 7.5 hrs later. 3 major accidents on the way there.

Got some sleep, woke up caught flight and now we land kiss DS get rental car and we are off.

We cross in to California and if you've never been this route, from Vegas to LA. Do it the desert is beautiful. Here is a few pictures and this is from the air plane and it's of the Hoover Dam and the new bridge that bypasses it.

image_zps46f7f29b.jpg

Ok. Potty break is over. Time to get moving. We are doing a first for our family. We are going to the Mad Greek reataraunt in Baker California. As seen on the Food Network and other channels. We've passed by it dozen of times but never have stopped.

Here's DD standing outside. This guy likes himself some naked statues.

image_zps166c66db.jpg

I see how you are planning on getting your post count up.  Post one picture at a time.  

Shameless.  

Your DD is a cutie pie, by the way.

Actual that's not a bad idea. But the truth be told. I don't know how to post multiple pictures at one time.

And thank you. She gets her looks from her mother and not me. Thank God.

Actual that's not a bad idea. But the truth be told. I don't know how to post multiple pictures at one time.

And thank you. She gets her looks from her mother and not me. Thank God.

To post multiple picture at a time from Photobucket as I see you are using that. 

1. Paste the IMG link for an image to here. 

2. Hit Enter.

3. repeat steps 1 and 2 29 times. 

Click post.