• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, step away from the computer and run. The people on here are nuts................but in a good way.

My kid's and I had fun touring the resorts on Bay Lake.  We took a boat from the Fort to Wilderness Lodge and had fun looking around there, then caught the boat to the Contemporary.  After having fun

Since you have been ignoring all the other posts as I advised, I feel compelled to tell you that check in is at 1 pm, checkout is 11 am.

There's also the Boardwalk area for resort touring near Epcot.  You can make the loop around the lake and check out the Beach and Yacht clubs, Swan and Dolphin, and the Boardwalk resort, which also has an area of shopping and dining.  You can rent surrey bikes there too if you'd rather pedal the loop around instead of walking it.

WOW!   Thanks for the welcome and advice!  

So, if I understand this correctly .. we park our vehicle, that we drove in on (and towed the popup with) in a parking lot elsewhere from the camping site?

No, your car can stay at the campsite with you and your popup at the campsite.  The only time you may need to park in the parking lot is if your site is not ready when you check in.  If you check in after 1 pm, it shouldn't be a problem.  But if you check in before 1 pm, your site may not be ready for you and you would have to park in the overflow lot.  They would then take your cell phone number and either text or call you later when your site is ready with your site number.  Hope this helps!

WOW! Thanks for the welcome and advice!

So, if I understand this correctly .. we park our vehicle, that we drove in on (and towed the popup with) in a parking lot elsewhere from the camping site?

You only need to park your vehicle in overflow if your site is not ready. You are allowed to keep your vehicle at your site.

Check-in is 1 pm...check out is 11 am  UNLESS you get late check out.  Then it could be as late as 1 pm check out.  Early check in can be as early as 7 am or earlier!

So you're saying that check-in is 1PM and check-out is 11AM. Good  to know.

I am really surprised Lou didn't mention this.

I'm slipping.

Since you have been ignoring all the other posts as I advised, I feel compelled to tell you that check in is at 1 pm, checkout is 11 am.

Just a heads up - you can park at your site, but you cannot park at different areas in the campground.  So, to get to the marina you would take an internal FW bus, unless you have bikes or a golf cart.  Same thing for the pool, unless you are within walking distance.

In case you missed it, check in is 1pm and check out is 11am.

HTH!

Did you get answers to your questions?  By the way, your family members can be referred to as DW, DS11, DS9, and DD4.  DW would usually refer to you in these forums as DH.  Dufus and Shmuckface are already taken.

We drive in from Lake City and try to arrive around check in time, which is 1  pm.  When we get ready to leave, we try to hit around check out time, which is 11 am.  We rarely make either time.

We have not done much resort hopping, but there are some amazing decorative touches at each to make it well worthwhile to see.  Just remember you can eat and play at those resorts, but do not try to swim.

And welcome to the nut house.  As you can tell, you will get good and goofy information.  The more replies, the goofier it gets.  But we are good people anyway.

What I really want to know is what time is late check in and early check out....

LOL!!!  Seriously, though I've arrived at 2am (just pushed her in plugged in and went to sleep), and a couple of times I've paid for a night, but left about 10pm to drive a couple hours North to continue our drive the next day.

As others have said, you can park your vehicle at your site.  But you do have the option of leaving it in the overflow lot, which I sometimes prefer to do so that I have more room on the site for a golf cart, bikes, ez up canopy, etc.  

Oh, and I feel I should tell you that check in is at 1pm and check out is at 11am.  

One last question (I think .. )  

What loop should request for popup camper that is closest to pool and comfort station?

Assuming you reserved a partial hook-up site, then I agree with Millermouseketeers recommendation of the 1500 loop.

There are only two partial hook-up loops: 1500 and 2000.  1500 is much smaller than 2000, so it's possible there will not be any sites available on that loop.  You should be OK this time of year, but you never know.

If they can't put you on 1500, ask for a site in the range of 2018-2038 on the 2000 loop.  Ask for a site on the outside of the loop.  That will put you near a comfort station, and a path that you can take through the 900 loop to get to the pool.

If you reserved another level of site (full, preferred or premium), I have recommendations for those too, but you need to let us know what level of site you reserved.

And, in case you missed it- check-in is after 1 pm.  Check-out is no later than 11 am.

TCD

re: which loop to request - there's some information on this page that might be helpful, including links to a great Google Earth application, the Fort Fiends mobile app (with specs and photos on every site) and some great videos as well...

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/site-classifications-r61

...welcome to the nut house.  As you can tell, you will get good and goofy information.  The more replies, the goofier it gets.  But we are good people anyway.

I think that should be our tagline...

FortFiends.net

Where good and goofy information abound.

Oh and before I forget... check out is at 11am, check in is at 1pm