• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They can work the system though.  Last New Years Eve we had reservations at the Wave for lunch.  On December 30th, I checked MyDisneyExperience and noticed that my reservation was gone. I then got my

Wow, 1-4 sound like things I would complain about.  I thought rich people loved valet parking, paying $5 for a Diet Coke ("in a metal bottle" -- is that also known as a can?), avoiding public transpor

The wow factor is at checkout.

It's on their website as well.

Below is the full write up for those you chomping at the bit to book it.

Character Breakfast

Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World ® Resort is excited to offer the Good Morning Breakfast with Goofy & Pals character breakfast twice weekly at Ravello restaurant. The buffet-style breakfast will be offered on Thursdays and Saturdays (and also on Tuesdays during peak school break periods) and will feature a wonderful assortment of traditional breakfast offerings along with an omelette station. A photographer will be on site to capture your wonderful memories with Goofy & Pals, the always-entertaining stars of the breakfast.

Reservations are required for the character breakfast and can be made by contacting the Resort’s on-site dining reservations team. Reservations are available from 7:30 am to 11:00 am

USD 38 per adult
USD 18 per child ages 3 to 12

Pricing includes a photo with Goofy and buffet breakfast, including a choice of juice, soft drink, coffee or tea. Tax and gratuity are additional. The Kids 5 and Younger Dine Free Program does not apply to the character breakfast."

The Four Seasons has been open for over a week now, so I eagerly headed to Trip Advisor to read the reviews of the poor suckers who paid the big bucks to go there only to find that they didn't get Magic Bands, EMH's or Disney Transportation.

I was disappointed to find only positive reviews.

Here's one that caught my eye:

4seasonstripadvisor_zps3289d170.jpg

What the heck is going on here?

How can this tour company arrange for their guests to skip the lines?

Even for Anna and Elsa?

I know that Official Disney VIP tour guides can provide this perk (if enough cash is paid).  But can outside companies?

(oh, and I loved the part where the reviewer said that it was "literally a piece of cake."   Nobody knows what literally means anymore)

TCD

The reviews do not make it sound like they hire Disney guides.  It sounds like the guides from this company accompany their clients through the parks and make the arrangements.  Kind of like having a personal Josh.  Like Kelly does. 

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's what they do. :)

Back in the TourGuideMike days, Mike was had a company that did that. It's pretty easy to avoid lines if you plan and know what rides are the most popular and what rides load slowly. I don't wait in line either.

How about this? Until July 4, 2014, I will offer my guide services... all you have to do is pay for my hotel room (or campsite and camper rental).

A couple of things I noticed -- they say they will be getting to the parks when they open, they guide you through the parks during the least crowded times of day, they put "with no lines" in quotation marks, and while you are on the rides the Personal Guide will be setting up your next experience. What does that mean? Do they have someone who waits in line for you?  I guess it is "your" experience as long as you keep the hours they tell you. 

Yep, I'm pretty sure that's what they do. :)

Back in the TourGuideMike days, Mike was had a company that did that. It's pretty easy to avoid lines if you plan and know what rides are the most popular and what rides load slowly. I don't wait in line either.

How does that get 9 people in to see Anna and Elsa with no wait?

How about this? Until July 4, 2014, I will offer my guide services... all you have to do is pay for my hotel room (or campsite and camper rental).

Hmmm. Where am I going to find a time machine so I can travel back in time?

A couple of things I noticed -- they say they will be getting to the parks when they open, they guide you through the parks during the least crowded times of day, they put "with no lines" in quotation marks, and while you are on the rides the Personal Guide will be setting up your next experience. What does that mean? Do they have someone who waits in line for you?  I guess it is "your" experience as long as you keep the hours they tell you.

I don't get it either.

How can they wait in line for you?

I could see this being done in the days of paper Fastpasses. But how can they do it now, when FP+'s for the big ticket rides will have no or very limited availability the day of?

TCD

How does that get 9 people in to see Anna and Elsa with no wait?

Hmmm. Where am I going to find a time machine so I can travel back in time?

I don't get it either.

How can they wait in line for you?

I could see this being done in the days of paper Fastpasses. But how can they do it now, when FP+'s for the big ticket rides will have no or very limited availability the day of?

TCD

They book FP+ in advance. I'm sure those trips were planned 30-60 days out. They probably booked the FP+ for the family.

Could it be the tour company has an abundance of Magic Bands that are pre-reserved and then when the family gets off the rides they switch up bands?

That could work, but it would be very expensive, the only way to make advance FP+ reservations is to have a ticket associated with each of those MB's.  Also, they would have to have a bunch in order to accommodate large parties.  Even at the rates they are charging, that would really eat at any potential profit. 

They book FP+ in advance. I'm sure those trips were planned 30-60 days out. They probably booked the FP+ for the family.

How can they book 60 days out for a Four Seasons guest?

For off-site guests, the best case scenario would be 30 days out.  There's no way they would be able to book A & E or Mine Train FP+'s for a group 30 days or closer out.  And what about the tiers in Epcot and DHS?

Even if they somehow could book FP+'s for the big ticket attractions, what about the 3 per day limit?

There's something very fishy about this.

TCD

So they do stand in line for their customers. From their FB page: "Toy story mania, an interactive 3D shooting game at Disney's Hollywood Studios is the #1 attraction at Walt Disney World. Your private guide will be sure to get you through the fast pass line and avoid crazy wait times! While you are riding, they will get in line so you can meet Buzz and Woody right after!"  

They also are buying up merchandise: "We are also still collecting Frozen dolls and dresses, so contact us if you are interested!"

This is from their reviews on Yelp, but from December:  "There had been a ton of hype in the news about Disney guides taking advantage of handicap passes to skip the lines, but Chris & co don't do anything like that. His guides basically just utilize the fast pass system, do a ton of waiting in line themselves for you and are so knowledgeable about the parks that they actually know the traffic flow."

So they do stand in line for their customers. From their FB page: "Toy story mania, an interactive 3D shooting game at Disney's Hollywood Studios is the #1 attraction at Walt Disney World. Your private guide will be sure to get you through the fast pass line and avoid crazy wait times! While you are riding, they will get in line so you can meet Buzz and Woody right after!"  

They also are buying up merchandise: "We are also still collecting Frozen dolls and dresses, so contact us if you are interested!"

This is from their reviews on Yelp, but from December:  "There had been a ton of hype in the news about Disney guides taking advantage of handicap passes to skip the lines, but Chris & co don't do anything like that. His guides basically just utilize the fast pass system, do a ton of waiting in line themselves for you and are so knowledgeable about the parks that they actually know the traffic flow."

Oh, I see.

So, their guests are the people who push through the lines saying that they need to meet up with the rest of their party up ahead?

How magical.

That's some real VIP treatment right there.

Oh, and that's a very elite and classy move how they buy up all the Elsa dresses so they can re-sell them to their guests.

TCD

So, their guests are the people who push through the lines saying that they need to meet up with the rest of their party up ahead?

Really, does this happen?

I have never been in a FP line so I've never experienced it, but people actually try to do this, and people in line allow it to happen? That'll be the day.

That could work, but it would be very expensive, the only way to make advance FP+ reservations is to have a ticket associated with each of those MB's.  Also, they would have to have a bunch in order to accommodate large parties.  Even at the rates they are charging, that would really eat at any potential profit. 

How can they book 60 days out for a Four Seasons guest?

For off-site guests, the best case scenario would be 30 days out.  There's no way they would be able to book A & E or Mine Train FP+'s for a group 30 days or closer out.  And what about the tiers in Epcot and DHS?

Even if they somehow could book FP+'s for the big ticket attractions, what about the 3 per day limit?

There's something very fishy about this.

TCD

I was able to get 4 FP+ to 7DMT and A&E a little more than a week out during a holiday week. If they obsessively keep checking, they probably could too. 

If you RD DHS and Epcot, the tiers don't matter very much. You RD TT and FP+ Soarin or the other way around. 

I'm not saying there isn't something else going on, but it's possible they're just using a high level of knowledge of the system in place. So many people go to Disney without even knowing what rides are in what parks. People who know as much as you would blow them away.