To Hell and back on the Disney Fantasy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I did not mean to take us to Alaska vicariously through a trip report.  I meant, quite literally, TAKE US WITH YOU TO ALASKA.  

Thanks Lou, looks like you has a great time on the cruise. Nice pictures!!!!!! and for a hint always check your life insurance for any upgrades before a trip, that way you can be prepared for what type of excursions your wife has planned :rofl2:

The more the merrier. All it takes is money.

Actually, it takes money AND time.  Don't forget...some of us still work for a living.  We are hopefully taking a family trip to SoCal next year, so I doubt I could swing another lengthy trip to Alaska.  I get 6 weeks of vacation per year, but I have yet to figure out how to actually use it. 

If anyone wants more in depth pictures of Grand Cayman with the turtle farm, Hell and stingrays/snorkeling they can check out ours at

https://www.flickr.com/photos/curbcrusher/sets/72157644465958936/

we just came back from a partial Panama Canal cruise and that was one of our ports of call.

Lou- the kayaking looked fun, it's on my list for next time.

Great trip report, Lou!  Glad to hear you had a great time.

Thanks Gwen.

for a hint always check your life insurance for any upgrades before a trip, that way you can be prepared for what type of excursions your wife has planned

Good advice, I'm always on the lookout.

She's always nice to me and doing nice things for me, so I'm very suspicious.

I am going to believe you had a great time in spite of the photo evidence to the contrary.  

Ray tried (and tried and tried), but he was not in your league.

There are dozens of more pictures, but I didn't take any of them.

82FBAE4E-C29B-4577-BC79-6F33B51D7270-748

My new idol, Grumpy Cat.

I enjoyed your short synopsis, especially the pictures :)

Thanks, but as I said above, I didn't take any of them.

I suggest you go and visit Aaron for a few weeks to get use to Alaska.   Remember Michigan  just like Alaska only has 2 seasons.

My engineering career took me to a lot of places in the US and Europe, and Detroit Michigan was one of them. That was enough.

But, I'm from Mass and NH, so I know cold.

Next time, I'm sending you with the List Of Fun!

TCD

That's right. We discussed it here, but you didn't sent it.

Short, sweet

Just like me.

Don't forget...some of us still work for a living.  We are hopefully taking a family trip to SoCal next year, so I doubt I could swing another lengthy trip to Alaska.  I get 6 weeks of vacation per year, but I have yet to figure out how to actually use it. 

Hey, I was back to work one day after the cruise.

Six weeks vacation, that's a lot. So you do have the time, now just cough up the money. What's a measly 20K?

If anyone wants more in depth pictures of Grand Cayman with the turtle farm, Hell and stingrays/snorkeling they can check out ours

the kayaking looked fun, it's on my list for next time.

That's a lot of turtle pictures. I especially loved the baby turtles.

Sea kayaking can be fun, but it's also a lot of work if it's windy, and it usually is.

I'll be doing something a little more challenging. It's a longer cruise with more down time, and as I listen to books and don't read them, I'll be working on this out on the verandah while Gail is upstairs poolside reading.

CruisePainting1_zps8251fd5e.jpg

Did I finish it and how did it turn out?

I did do quite a bit of it while on the verandah, but due to some rough seas and not as much down time as I expected, I got about 90% of it completed, so not too bad for a quickie.

It's done in the cell animation, or cartoon style. It's a nice remembrance of the cruise.

Fan4_zps52104d35.jpg