A Shining New Era is Tiptoeing Nearer for the TCD Gang

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a photo that makes me smile.   The backstory on this is that one of Twin #2's roommates ended up being a "friend of" Stitch.  She told Twin #2 to come visit her in Tomorrowland one day, and the

Leia is definitely following you. At least it is the 1983 version following you and not the 2014 version.

I'm in...  page 5 ?    I need to stop working and spend more time here...   Thanks for the princess photos. 

But.  It's got to be real.  It's on the Internet.....

And.  It's NOT listed here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_hoaxes

That's right, if it's on the internet, It's got to be real...that's how I met my French model boyfriend.  His name is Francois.

:heartsmiley:

:angel2-smiley:

I wish TCD would stand on the sidewalk and wave!   

He did already at about 9:30am.  (I just happened to be reading the right thread at the right time, and got to see him.)

Follow the thread on the "live feed" in the Community section.

Maybe someone smarter than me can post the link.... :)

Your DD can easily pick up open shifts too. My DD loves hopping around to new places...Who can say they play with a light saber at work?

fae379909ca034fd642f0b0d533747b5.jpg

Ok, TCD, when will you be getting to the part where you meet a spectacular couple from Michigan??? ;)

Add me to the list of people complementing your Father's Day t-shirt. Pretty cool.

Princess Leia pics........excellent.

Glad you liked the shirt and the Princess Pics, there are more pics of both in the next update.

Of course Leia was following you.  With that shirt on, she thought you were her father.  

Of course!

Why didn't I think of that?

Dave for the win!

Agreed.

Dave, you might just be the funniest Fiend. 

Could be.  He has his moments.

We know where TCD is.  He's limited to his cell phone for posts.

Good time for a hijack?

What follows in this report is all your fault.

Nice job.

I think so! Did anyone read about the Manziel suit? That's some crazy stuff. I can't believe it got through court. 

I had not heard about it until you posted it.

And now, that "news" story has passed. 

Thankfully.

I wish TCD would stand on the sidewalk and wave!   

Stay tuned in case you missed it.

There is a video captured by a Fiend who was on his toes.

The link will be shared when we get to that part of the story.

He did already at about 9:30am.  (I just happened to be reading the right thread at the right time, and got to see him.)

Follow the thread on the "live feed" in the Community section.

Maybe someone smarter than me can post the link.... :)

Hey- I'm glad someone saw my morning wave!

There was an evening one too- and that one is on video.

Great job so far . You have great kids and deserve that shirt . Keep up the good work on both fronts . NTM

Thanks for reading!

There's much more to come.

Inactive for more than 9 hours? The hijackers must have been taken out by a sky marshall! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Glad that Johnny Football hijack fizzled out.

It ended up being a pretty good hijack.

But, now we can move on.

TCD

Your DD can easily pick up open shifts too. My DD loves hopping around to new places...Who can say they play with a light saber at work?

fae379909ca034fd642f0b0d533747b5.jpg

Ok, TCD, when will you be getting to the part where you meet a spectacular couple from Michigan??? ;)

How cool!

I hope my DD ends up loving the DCP as much as your daughter does!

Funny you should mention Tatooine Traders and the light sabers- I have a photo from there in the next update- but this is the week before your daughter worked there.

Don't worry, I will be mentioning my meeting with that spectacular couple from Michigan.  We will get there eventually.

Page 6!   That's about right for me.  So awesome about the CP.  I'm so jealous.  (Don't know if I'm jealous because I want my girls to do the CP or because I want to myself, but I know I'm jealous!)

Looking forward to more!

Page 6 bragging rights for you, Leslie!

I hope that your girls get to do the DCP.  So far, I have been very impressed by the whole thing.

TCD

Update time!

It's still Sunday morning, May 18.  We arrived at DHS for rope drop, rode Toy Story, visited Darth's Mall, met the Chipmunks and the Wookie, and are about to ride Star Tours.  Which was a walk on.  We're doing good!

According to fellow fiend Jmaul, this is the panel that the CM's use to pick the Rebel Spy before each flight.  We got in the loading area too late to witness that, but I'm going to look again next time:

51814061_zpsb50c7905.jpg

This is Tatooine Traders, where everyone who flies on Star Tours must walk to exit.  It gets pretty bad on Star Wars Weekends when all the nerds are in town and looking to build their own light sabers:

51814063_zps0fcd4c8c.jpg

After Star Tours, we had to figure out what to do next.  We knew that we would need to claim a spot for the 11:30 parade early, but it was still too early for that.  So, we decided to try Tower of Terror.  The plan was to ride that quick, and then go find a spot on the shady side of the street to wait for the parade.  Good plan. 

The posted wait time at TOT was 13 minutes.  Get it?  I think that's the lowest they ever post.  It didn't look busy, so we headed in, and walked right through the standby queue right up to the outside of the building.  So far, so good.  It is never long from here.  Except today, it was long.  FP+ guests came streaming by, but our line did not move. Five minutes went by, and we didn't move at all.  At around the 10 minute mark, I said something must be wrong, and that we should bail. But, then our line moved, and we made it all the way into the waiting area outside of the pre-show room.  Then we waited some more.  I thought we should bail, but there was no easy way out by then, as both of the queues behind us were now full of guests.  So we kept going.  Something was definitely wrong, though.

As we exited the pre-show room, we saw why it was taking so long.  They were only operating one elevator.  And we were all the way at the end of the line:

51814064_zpsd0bc973f.jpg

This was definitely not good.  But, from here, there was no where for us to go to exit.  So we waited.  As we did, I imagined that the shady side of Hollywood Blvd. was filling up with guests, and we would have to find a sub-prime parade viewing spot.

But, then they opened the other elevators, and the line moved quickly.  Thank goodness.

I had originally thought we should stake our claim to a good parade spot some time around 10:00.  But, we missed that.  It was close to 10:30, just an hour before the parade, before we arrived to look for a spot. As expected, the curb on the shady spot was already lined with people.  Darn.  But, we found a good spot in the second row behind a couple who was sitting on the curb.  That would be OK. Plus, we were in the shade.  Which is very important.  Trust me on that.

As we sat, the street entertainers came by.  We recognized this CM from the Comedy Warehouse Holiday Show:

51814065_zps6efcf9b8.jpg

She sat down right in front of us and played her accordion for a man who was sitting there with his family:

51814066_zpsf62718ac.jpg

At one point, she asked the gentleman to come out in the street and dance with her.  She asked me to hold her accordion:

accordian_zpse3a070c6.jpeg

I think I have made my feelings about accordions very clear over the years, so I probably wasn't the best choice to hold the accordion for this CM.  I resisted the urge to throw it in a nearby trashcan.  I have to behave myself now that I have a daughter who works for the Mouse.

I'm pretty sure these tourists are also CM's providing us with entertainment:

51814067_zps64ceac08.jpg

And speaking of CM's, do you see that African American guy there on the right in that last photo in the gray t-shirt with his back to the camera?  I recognize him from the American Idol show.  He's a CM too.

It's a good thing that we got our seats for the parade when we did, because by a little after 11, here's how things looked (and look who's standing over there on the side of the street!) :

51814068_zpscb949adb.jpg

I am sorry to tell you that that is the last photo I have of the amateur Slave Leia.

Here's a look the other way- you can see that there are two hosts for the parade up on the stage- they're new.  They provided commentary, like you might hear if you watch the Macy's Day parade on TV.  Lucky for us, we couldn't really hear them from where we were down the street:

51814069_zpse976c130.jpg

That American Idol CM I pointed out in the previous photo was right across from us.  The people with him had stuffed wookies for some reason:

51814070_zps2e6e3406.jpg

As the time for the parade neared, guests roamed up and down the streets looking for any place they could squeeze in to watch the parade, and both sides of the street were packed.  Then the parade kicked off with Jedi Mickey:

51814071_zpsf9f7d784.jpg

51814072_zpsd6eeba55.jpg

Mickey was followed by Chip, Dale, Minnie, Goofy and Donald-all in Star Wars costumes:

51814073_zps39fc3494.jpg

51814074_zps1be94a97.jpg

51814075_zpsc23a580f.jpg

51814076_zps412fbbd2.jpg

Goofy's costume is the worst- the poor dog is in his boxers:

51814077_zpsf30e9058.jpg

51814078_zps226e1f6a.jpg

As you can see from those photos, this spot we got ended up being very good- we got a great look at all the parade performers, and it seemed like this was a spot where they would stop and interact with the crowd.

Next in the parade were the padawans from the Jedi Training Academy.  I know that you have to sign up for this activity in the morning, but I'm not sure how these particular kids get picked to be in the parade.  If you have kids this age, you should look into it, as it appears to be a pretty sweet deal for both the kids and parents, who get to watch the rest of the parade from a reserved spot near the stage:

51814079_zps46bd1eec.jpg

The padawans are provided with robes and lightsabers to use for the parade:

51814080_zps29cd7279.jpg

Next comes the best part of the parade- the members of the 501st Legion- a group of Star Wars enthusiasts who make their own costumes and march in parades. They must live for this all year:

51814081_zps18a0edd7.jpg

51814082_zpsb5514343.jpg

It seems like this first group has a lot of girls in it.  The odds are pretty good for them in the 501st:

51814083_zpsd38dfe93.jpg

51814084_zps83c21949.jpg

I apologize for my lack of Star Wars knowledge, but I believe these robed creatures are also ladies:

51814085_zps4c9f1339.jpg

There's an old man who walks in the middle of the red robes- I believe that he is supposed to be the Emperor.  We remembered him from last year- the guy is really in to it:

51814086_zps585597fc.jpg

51814087_zps9133b731.jpg

Then comes a mess of Storm Troopers:

51814088_zps4335bc50.jpg

51814089_zps986483f6.jpg

The Storm Troopers are followed by a group of large men in black costumes.  I believe that these are some kind of pilots.  I believe last year it was noted that it's a good thing that these gentlemen fly in a gravity free environment:

51814090_zps72d3b4bf.jpg

We need to stop here as we're at the photo limit.

We will pick up the next update right where this one stopped- large men in black costumes.  Then we will move on to see some amazing helmets and more.  So be sure to check back.

TCD

It just occurred to me that Twin 2 is one of the few CMs that have MBs. And she gets to keep her ability to make FP+ because of her AP, right?

I love that you got the accordion.

Bring on the parade! The 501st really make it cool. I hope they get in free that day.

Update time!

It's still Sunday morning, May 18.  We arrived at DHS for rope drop, rode Toy Story, visited Darth's Mall, met the Chipmunks and the Wookie, and are about to ride Star Tours.  Which was a walk on.  We're doing good!

According to fellow fiend Jmaul, this is the panel that the CM's use to pick the Rebel Spy before each flight.  We got in the loading area too late to witness that, but I'm going to look again next time:

51814061_zpsb50c7905.jpg

This is Tatooine Traders, where everyone who flies on Star Tours must walk to exit.  It gets pretty bad on Star Wars Weekends when all the nerds are in town and looking to build their own light sabers:

51814063_zps0fcd4c8c.jpg

After Star Tours, we had to figure out what to do next.  We knew that we would need to claim a spot for the 11:30 parade early, but it was still too early for that.  So, we decided to try Tower of Terror.  The plan was to ride that quick, and then go find a spot on the shady side of the street to wait for the parade.  Good plan. 

The posted wait time at TOT was 13 minutes.  Get it?  I think that's the lowest they ever post.  It didn't look busy, so we headed in, and walked right through the standby queue right up to the outside of the building.  So far, so good.  It is never long from here.  Except today, it was long.  FP+ guests came streaming by, but our line did not move. Five minutes went by, and we didn't move at all.  At around the 10 minute mark, I said something must be wrong, and that we should bail. But, then our line moved, and we made it all the way into the waiting area outside of the pre-show room.  Then we waited some more.  I thought we should bail, but there was no easy way out by then, as both of the queues behind us were now full of guests.  So we kept going.  Something was definitely wrong, though.

As we exited the pre-show room, we saw why it was taking so long.  They were only operating one elevator.  And we were all the way at the end of the line:

51814064_zpsd0bc973f.jpg

This was definitely not good.  But, from here, there was no where for us to go to exit.  So we waited.  As we did, I imagined that the shady side of Hollywood Blvd. was filling up with guests, and we would have to find a sub-prime parade viewing spot.

But, then they opened the other elevators, and the line moved quickly.  Thank goodness.

I had originally thought we should stake our claim to a good parade spot some time around 10:00.  But, we missed that.  It was close to 10:30, just an hour before the parade, before we arrived to look for a spot. As expected, the curb on the shady spot was already lined with people.  Darn.  But, we found a good spot in the second row behind a couple who was sitting on the curb.  That would be OK. Plus, we were in the shade.  Which is very important.  Trust me on that.

As we sat, the street entertainers came by.  We recognized this CM from the Comedy Warehouse Holiday Show:

51814065_zps6efcf9b8.jpg

She sat down right in front of us and played her accordion for a man who was sitting there with his family:

51814066_zpsf62718ac.jpg

At one point, she asked the gentleman to come out in the street and dance with her.  She asked me to hold her accordion:

accordian_zpse3a070c6.jpeg

I think I have made my feelings about accordions very clear over the years, so I probably wasn't the best choice to hold the accordion for this CM.  I resisted the urge to throw it in a nearby trashcan.  I have to behave myself now that I have a daughter who works for the Mouse.

I'm pretty sure these tourists are also CM's providing us with entertainment:

51814067_zps64ceac08.jpg

And speaking of CM's, do you see that African American guy there on the right in that last photo in the gray t-shirt with his back to the camera?  I recognize him from the American Idol show.  He's a CM too.

It's a good thing that we got our seats for the parade when we did, because by a little after 11, here's how things looked (and look who's standing over there on the side of the street!) :

51814068_zpscb949adb.jpg

I am sorry to tell you that that is the last photo I have of the amateur Slave Leia.

Here's a look the other way- you can see that there are two hosts for the parade up on the stage- they're new.  They provided commentary, like you might hear if you watch the Macy's Day parade on TV.  Lucky for us, we couldn't really hear them from where we were down the street:

51814069_zpse976c130.jpg

That American Idol CM I pointed out in the previous photo was right across from us.  The people with him had stuffed wookies for some reason:

51814070_zps2e6e3406.jpg

As the time for the parade neared, guests roamed up and down the streets looking for any place they could squeeze in to watch the parade, and both sides of the street were packed.  Then the parade kicked off with Jedi Mickey:

51814071_zpsf9f7d784.jpg

51814072_zpsd6eeba55.jpg

Mickey was followed by Chip, Dale, Minnie, Goofy and Donald-all in Star Wars costumes:

51814073_zps39fc3494.jpg

51814074_zps1be94a97.jpg

51814075_zpsc23a580f.jpg

51814076_zps412fbbd2.jpg

Goofy's costume is the worst- the poor dog is in his boxers:

51814077_zpsf30e9058.jpg

51814078_zps226e1f6a.jpg

As you can see from those photos, this spot we got ended up being very good- we got a great look at all the parade performers, and it seemed like this was a spot where they would stop and interact with the crowd.

Next in the parade were the padawans from the Jedi Training Academy.  I know that you have to sign up for this activity in the morning, but I'm not sure how these particular kids get picked to be in the parade.  If you have kids this age, you should look into it, as it appears to be a pretty sweet deal for both the kids and parents, who get to watch the rest of the parade from a reserved spot near the stage:

51814079_zps46bd1eec.jpg

The padawans are provided with robes and lightsabers to use for the parade:

51814080_zps29cd7279.jpg

Next comes the best part of the parade- the members of the 501st Legion- a group of Star Wars enthusiasts who make their own costumes and march in parades. They must live for this all year:

51814081_zps18a0edd7.jpg

51814082_zpsb5514343.jpg

It seems like this first group has a lot of girls in it.  The odds are pretty good for them in the 501st:

51814083_zpsd38dfe93.jpg

51814084_zps83c21949.jpg

I apologize for my lack of Star Wars knowledge, but I believe these robed creatures are also ladies:

51814085_zps4c9f1339.jpg

There's an old man who walks in the middle of the red robes- I believe that he is supposed to be the Emperor.  We remembered him from last year- the guy is really in to it:

51814086_zps585597fc.jpg

51814087_zps9133b731.jpg

Then comes a mess of Storm Troopers:

51814088_zps4335bc50.jpg

51814089_zps986483f6.jpg

The Storm Troopers are followed by a group of large men in black costumes.  I believe that these are some kind of pilots.  I believe last year it was noted that it's a good thing that these gentlemen fly in a gravity free environment:

51814090_zps72d3b4bf.jpg

We need to stop here as we're at the photo limit.

We will pick up the next update right where this one stopped- large men in black costumes.  Then we will move on to see some amazing helmets and more.  So be sure to check back.

TCD

Wow...great pics!  Awesome post.  And yep... page 6 and I'm finally here :)

Page 7! Yay me.

I think you look absolutely adorable in the pic of you holding the accordion! 

If I thought I would look half as good as that amateur slave Leia in her costume, I'd wear it everytime I was in Disney (SWW or not!)

The ones in red are the Emperor's Personal Guard. The elite storm troopers as it were.

Ah.  Thank you.

Please stick around, there are some more costumes I will need your help identifying.

Page 6.

Woo hoo

Glad you could make it!

Woo Hoo!

It just occurred to me that Twin 2 is one of the few CMs that have MBs. And she gets to keep her ability to make FP+ because of her AP, right?

I love that you got the accordion.

Bring on the parade! The 501st really make it cool. I hope they get in free that day.

Yes, Twin #2 will have her AP throughout the program, which is kind of a waste, but none of us knew she would be doing the CP when it was renewal time.  So, yes, she can book FP+'s.  I offered to let her use the other MB's we have, which would let her pre-book 4 FP+'s, which she could use with a group of friends, but she doesn't want to break any rules.  As far as I can see, since MB's are currently honored interchangeably, that would work, but I guess it would require her friends to use one of our MB's which probably is against a rule.

There is a lot more parade to come.  I wonder how it works for the 501st?  There are three parades each weekend.  Do they all come every weekend?  I would think they get free park admission at the very least.  You can see how popular the parade is.  It wouldn't be nearly as cool without the amateur costumes.

My cousin and her husband are part of the 501st in the Detroit area. They go to a lot of charity events as well as getting to go to the Tigers games on Star Wars nights. She is usually Princess Leia. No. Not Slave Leia. Though sometimes a Stormtrooper. He is a Stormtrooper.

I wonder if they could march at Hollywood Studios?

Wow...great pics!  Awesome post.  And yep... page 6 and I'm finally here :)

Glad you're here to start off page 7!

Yeah... never mind.  Actually page 7.  Well, that's sounds about right for me :)

Yes, page 7 for you.  And, you have to share bragging rights with Hommamac.

Page 7! Yay me.

I think you look absolutely adorable in the pic of you holding the accordion! 

If I thought I would look half as good as that amateur slave Leia in her costume, I'd wear it everytime I was in Disney (SWW or not!)

Hooray for you!

Although that Slave Leia who was following me wasn't that bad,  I still am surprised that they allow guests to wear something that shows that much skin.  What happens when a Pooh sized Slave Leia shows up?

TCD

Although that Slave Leia who was following me wasn't that bad,  I still am surprised that they allow guests to wear something that shows that much skin. 

I'm surprised at that too.

What happens when a Pooh sized Slave Leia shows up?

:rofl2: