A Shining New Era is Tiptoeing Nearer for the TCD Gang

First?

Well done.

You just beat GDF by a matter of seconds.  And Ray by just three minutes. You are on your game today.

First!

Darn it Aaron!

Disney internship? Is that the same as the CP? Either way, congrats to your daughter! 

I may be mistaken, but I think Disney calls the College Program a paid internship.  Which is what it is.  My older DD did an unpaid internship after her Freshman year of college.  It seems like internships are all the rage these days.

I've also heard of something called a Disney Professional Internship.  I'm not sure what that is, but that is not what Twin #2 is doing.

Third is the new first.

If you say so.

Is there another photo of the girl in the slave Leia outfit? I would like to see the front side of her...um, costume.

Hey Norm!

Good to see a post from you!

I see what gets your attention, you dirty dog.

Why would you think I have more photos of the mom in the slave Leia outfit?

Well it turns out I do.  I guess you know me well.  They will be coming up soon.  It's actually funny how I kept running in to her. 

Nice job on the rope drop decision.

Stupid rude people SMB.

Taking a second page one spot.

That's so DIT!

Hey, you know what DIT would do right now?

He would do just what you're doing.

Only worse.

But not today.

Count me in. I wasn't sure when she was starting. I hope she has a good time!

She is already having a blast!

I am impressed by how well run it is.  I guess I shouldn't have been surprised by that, but I was.

I'm in. First page on a TCD TR.

Congrats to twin #2.

Is that a slit on the other side of Leia's skirt up to her badonkadonk? You should have gotten a pic of her other Disney side......

Seeing all the pushing and shoving, it looks like I'm glad I didn't partake in any rope drops. Not that my family would have given me the chance.

Congratulations on making the first page.

Yes, that skirt was slit up to "there."  I tried not to look, but I knew that I needed to document this.  For FWG, you know.

There isn't much pushing and shoving at rope drops anymore.  They don't even have rope drops at Epcot, AK and DHS anymore.

But, you need to talk to the family- walking on the TSMM makes it worth it.

I'm in!  And please tell us more about this internship!

I have a lot to tell.  We will get there eventually.

Congrats to your DD.

Thanks.

I still am not sure it's the best thing, but she wanted to do it, and she is.

TCD

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a photo that makes me smile.   The backstory on this is that one of Twin #2's roommates ended up being a "friend of" Stitch.  She told Twin #2 to come visit her in Tomorrowland one day, and the

Leia is definitely following you. At least it is the 1983 version following you and not the 2014 version.

I'm in...  page 5 ?    I need to stop working and spend more time here...   Thanks for the princess photos. 

I want to do a Disney Internship!

If they had such a thing back when I was in college, I never heard of it.

I probably wouldn't have been interested, though.  Back then, Disney World only had the Magic Kingdom.  Even though it wasn't far from where I went to college, the only time I went there was when some old high school friends came to visit me, and we all went.

It's a huge thing now.

In!

Congrats to your DD!!! That's fantastic

Glad you're along for the ride.

Buckle up, I think it's going to be a long one.

First page....May the force be with us!

Nano. Nano.

Congrats to your daughter, friends daughter just started the college program this week, are the programs the same thing or something different just curios.

I know there are numerous different roles, and a variety of program lengths.  I believe they all fall under the umbrella of the Disney College Program.

I'm in!

Congratulations to Twin #2!

Actually congratulations to all your girls on their accomplishments.

Thanks.

A new and exciting turn for the TCD crew. Congrats and I'm excited to hear.

Yes, it is a big turn that I really didn't foresee.  It will be interesting to see where this leads.

Hmm, would it be fill up page 1?

Yes, that's what DIT would do.  But he's AWOL today.  So he misses out!

First page? Me?! Awesome... Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Way to go Shannon!

One twin goes to Paris/London and the other one gets to live at WDW? I'd say it's great to be TCD twins.

And possibly, page 1  which would be AWESOME because I've never been on p. 1 of a trip report before, except my own.  But I also never really try because all those other people seem to get such pleasure out of being on p. 1 and I am content to be on p. whatever.

LOL -- Hit post and I see I'm on page 2. Story of my life!

Top of page 2!

So close!

Yes, the TCD twins are having a great summer already, and it technically isn't even summer yet!

While you can't do an internship/CP, you could become a CM for 6 months.

If only you were going to be at WDW in the near future, you could start the process.

According to something the twins heard, "old" people can still do the DCP as long as they are enrolled in a college.  Supposedly, it occasionally happens that an older person will sign up for classes at a community college just to qualify for the DCP.

TCD

According to something the twins heard, "old" people can still do the DCP as long as they are enrolled in a college. Supposedly, it occasionally happens that an older person will sign up for classes at a community college just to qualify for the DCP.

TCD

I know I have said this a few times that I regret not doing the CP but signing up as a "real" adult seems odd. If your not in the normal college going age, get a job there and don't do the CP. That just comes off as creepy to me.

Page two is good enough for me.

I am another one whose friend's daughter started the CP this week.

Really hope to work at WDW after the kids are grown.

Wow, so two Fiends know girls who started the DCP this week?

Maybe later we can compare notes and see if any of them run into each other.

I know I have said this a few times that I regret not doing the CP but signing up as a "real" adult seems odd. If your not in the normal college going age, get a job there and don't do the CP. That just comes off as creepy to me.

I agree-I'm not sure how they handle the housing.  The CP students are housed in Disney apartments. I'm not sure how college kids would like a roommate their parents' age.

On the other hand, I think I could teach a bunch of frat boys a thing or two.

I will sign up tomorrow! After I sleep. A lot.

Do it.

TCD

According to something the twins heard, "old" people can still do the DCP as long as they are enrolled in a college. 

I assumed that Nicole was not a college student and therefore wouldn't qualify for the CP, not that she was too old.

Supposedly, it occasionally happens that an older person will sign up for classes at a community college just to qualify for the DCP.

That's just silly to do all that just so you can work at WDW.

If your not in the normal college going age, get a job there and don't do the CP. That just comes off as creepy to me.

You also get better benefits as an hourly CM.

To me, the college program is not worth the energy. To a college age kid, its exciting and cool to do. But as an adult, its a waste.

You have to pay for your housing, to include an upfront amount. The cost varies depending on living arrangements, but you could have up to 4 people sharing a bedroom. Most of your paycheck goes to housing so you have to watch your hours and be sure you have at least enough to cover that. But then you still have to eat. Not much time to play for allot of them. They do have the option to live "off campus" but then everything is up to you. Rent, utilities, food, etc and you have to have a car cause off campus cannot use the Disney provided transportation. In order to get to work on time, you have to leave 2 hours prior to your start time because the busses they use for the CP kids make several stops and could take up to an hour to get you to work. Gotta watch your points too. Too many and you get termed and your program is over and youre not coming back. So don't get sick, or be late, or mess up.

We do have a 40 year old CP working with us. He has to work 70 to 80 hours a week just to support his family that's here with him. He cant get a second job because that's against the CP rules. So he struggles. Not worth it. Just finish your degree and get a job.

To me, the college program is not worth the energy. To a college age kid, its exciting and cool to do. But as an adult, its a waste.

You have to pay for your housing, to include an upfront amount. The cost varies depending on living arrangements, but you could have up to 4 people sharing a bedroom. Most of your paycheck goes to housing so you have to watch your hours and be sure you have at least enough to cover that. But then you still have to eat. Not much time to play for allot of them. They do have the option to live "off campus" but then everything is up to you. Rent, utilities, food, etc and you have to have a car cause off campus cannot use the Disney provided transportation. In order to get to work on time, you have to leave 2 hours prior to your start time because the busses they use for the CP kids make several stops and could take up to an hour to get you to work. Gotta watch your points too. Too many and you get termed and your program is over and youre not coming back. So don't get sick, or be late, or mess up.

We do have a 40 year old CP working with us. He has to work 70 to 80 hours a week just to support his family that's here with him. He cant get a second job because that's against the CP rules. So he struggles. Not worth it. Just finish your degree and get a job.

I am amazed that my friend's daughter who is doing this is working quick serve at a resort.  This seems to me to be a half step up from working at McDonald's.  Why would you A) take time away from college to do this? and B)Incur the costs?  I know my friend is paying for all her daughter's expenses there.  When I went to college, there was a big push to finish and get a job.  That was the whole idea.  How does this help that goal?  Maybe I am missing something??

Maybe I am missing something?

Most of the CP kids I've come across feel that it's a positive life experience. It's what you make of it.

Many return and try to get into whatever area they majored in.

One of my sons in-law did the CP. He enjoyed it, and found it worthwhile.

If you can take the lifestyle, can afford it, have the time, and willing to work at possibly a menial job, do it.

I am looking forward to hearing about the program.  I have two sons I can push, uhm, encourage to join Disney programs.

So far, I'm impressed.  I'm sure you all will hear plenty about it.

I was careful not to push the girls.  Personally, I was and still am a little leery of whether this is a good move.  But, Twin #2 is majoring in Hospitality Management, and we figure this is the time for her to get a good look at what a career in that field might look like.

I'm in! Can't wait to hear more!

There is a lot more to come.

I don't get why a 40 year old with a family would put himself through all of that.

As for Twin #2, I am going to enjoy the break from not paying for 100% of her expenses at FSU.  Yes, they will be deducting housing costs from her pay, but considering it covers all of her utilities as well as rent, it's really not a bad deal.  Much cheaper that what a similar living arrangement in Tallahassee would cost.  I had heard negative things about the housing, but whoever is making negative comments must be clueless about what apartments in a college town look like and cost.  The Disney housing is very nice compared to what I've seen in Tallahassee, Gainesville and Auburn.

You can get a job without being a US resident! They've got a whole mess of foreigners workin around that Showcase place! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LOL.  Good one.

Colleges are pushing internships.  My daughters internship with the Navy helped her get a job with Boeing.

Yes, Internships are quite the thing. 

Twin #2 has to have a required number of work hours in a hospitality environment as part of her degree requirements.  FSU has relationships with resorts in the panhandle area of Florida for students to fulfill these required hours.  Twin #2 gets to do hers at Disney.

And they even have the audacity to allow foreigners drive buses.

Is that true?  They still have to get CDL's I hope?

I am amazed that my friend's daughter who is doing this is working quick serve at a resort.  This seems to me to be a half step up from working at McDonald's.  Why would you A) take time away from college to do this? and B)Incur the costs?  I know my friend is paying for all her daughter's expenses there.  When I went to college, there was a big push to finish and get a job.  That was the whole idea.  How does this help that goal?  Maybe I am missing something??

Yes, you're missing something.  These college kids are getting a chance to work for one of the global leaders in the hospitality field.  There are all kinds of management and other classes offered to them.  And they learn the "Disney Way."

I also went to college in a time where the emphasis was to get through and get out into the workforce.  Times have changed.

A successful completion of this program would surely be a nice thing to have on a resume.

Most of the CP kids I've come across feel that it's a positive life experience. It's what you make of it.

Many return and try to get into whatever area they majored in.

One of my sons in-law did the CP. He enjoyed it, and found it worthwhile.

If you can take the lifestyle, can afford it, have the time, and willing to work at possibly a menial job, do it.

Exactly.

My daughter wants to work in the hospitality field.  She's getting a business degree.  Working in the field is going to help her more than sitting in a classroom.

Solid page 3 for me.  Been traveling and in meetings all day.

Looking forward to hearing about Twin 2's plans.

It's about time.

Glad you could join us.

TCD

TCD, I was thinking the same thing, if maybe our friends daughter would end up meeting yours, I know we will probably try to catch up with our friends when we are down this summer, if she has some free time.

Congrats TCD maybe now you can get a discount at Disney.

I know that the perks are a little different for CPs, but hourly CMs get 50% off at the resorts, subject to availability.

20% to 40% off dining at select restaurants at certain times, subject to block-outs.

A certain number of park admissions, subject to block-outs.

And I'm assuming, 20% off merchandise. Increases to 35% after 3 years.