A Shining New Era is Tiptoeing Nearer for the TCD Gang

Ah.  Thank you.

Please stick around, there are some more costumes I will need your help identifying.

Glad you could make it!

Woo Hoo!

Yes, Twin #2 will have her AP throughout the program, which is kind of a waste, but none of us knew she would be doing the CP when it was renewal time.  So, yes, she can book FP+'s.  I offered to let her use the other MB's we have, which would let her pre-book 4 FP+'s, which she could use with a group of friends, but she doesn't want to break any rules.  As far as I can see, since MB's are currently honored interchangeably, that would work, but I guess it would require her friends to use one of our MB's which probably is against a rule.

There is a lot more parade to come.  I wonder how it works for the 501st?  There are three parades each weekend.  Do they all come every weekend?  I would think they get free park admission at the very least.  You can see how popular the parade is.  It wouldn't be nearly as cool without the amateur costumes.

I wonder if they could march at Hollywood Studios?

Glad you're here to start off page 7!

Yes, page 7 for you.  And, you have to share bragging rights with Hommamac.

Hooray for you!

Although that Slave Leia who was following me wasn't that bad,  I still am surprised that they allow guests to wear something that shows that much skin.  What happens when a Pooh sized Slave Leia shows up?

TCD

:rofl2: It's probably already happened. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a photo that makes me smile.   The backstory on this is that one of Twin #2's roommates ended up being a "friend of" Stitch.  She told Twin #2 to come visit her in Tomorrowland one day, and the

Leia is definitely following you. At least it is the 1983 version following you and not the 2014 version.

I'm in...  page 5 ?    I need to stop working and spend more time here...   Thanks for the princess photos. 

You know what?

I have a lot of SWW parade photos.

I could try to weed them out, but I think there are folks who would like to see them.  So, I'm going to share them all.  No one else has posted any from this year, so this may be the only look some of you get at this year's parade.

We left off with the big boys in black.

And we start this update there.

I imagine the guy who sold this guy his uniform at Nerds R Us convinced him to go with black because it looks slimming:

51814091_zpsfeb5edc8.jpg

I assume that those who join the 501st get to pick what costumes they want to wear.  I wonder what makes someone pick one of these lesser known costumes?:

51814092_zps6da6883f.jpg

Like, who's the guy in green- and are those guys in white the Imperial Army guys who fought on Hoth?

They're not as cool as Storm Troopers:

51814093_zpsdb3f6189.jpg

Now, these guys with the funky helmets- they are among my favorite costumes in the parade.  What is up with those lids?:

51814094_zps814e5658.jpg

51814095_zpsac677e01.jpg

Get a load of the helmet on this guy:

51814096_zps976f5534.jpg

I'll bet he does alright with the ladies at the 501st after parties.

I think these are the guys who ride the flying motorcycles on Endor (am I right, Jason?):

51814097_zpsd340d98c.jpg

I'm not sure what is going on here.  First, some guys with big guns:

51814098_zps8aa0b6d7.jpg

And then a bunch of dirty Storm Troopers:

51814099_zps5f372c98.jpg

I don't know what that's all about.

I think these are miscellaneous bounty hunters- if I'm not mistake, Princess Leia wears something like that first costume when she comes to Jabba's place to rescue Han in Episode VI:

51814100_zps4d289cab.jpg

This guy wins biggest gun bragging rights:

51814101_zpsb96cbf9c.jpg

A psychologist might tell us that he is compensating for something.  But, I guess that's not an appropriate topic to discuss in a trip report.  Seriously, though, a psychologist could retire off of some of the folks who show up for SWW.

Here come the sand people:

51814102_zps4b358fea.jpg

51814103_zps531cd23b.jpg

Don't miss the baby sandperson the one in the middle of this next photo is carrying- that baby always draws a lot of response from the crowd:

51814104_zps691e4dbe.jpg

Jawas:

51814105_zpsf23acc5d.jpg

51814106_zpsc45032b1.jpg

Remember, these are normal people who voluntarily buy their own costumes and show up to march in parades.  Why would anyone choose to be a Jawa?

Now the real nerds come.  The good guys:

51814107_zps774fc219.jpg

I am not sure if this guy thinks he's Luke or Anakin.  Either way, keep him away from my daughters:

51814108_zps0a36cfef.jpg

If there are any Star Wars geeks reading along, I'm lost- I have no idea who any of the folks in these next photos are supposed to be:

51814109_zpsbed0eccf.jpg

51814110_zpsa20a7f27.jpg

51814111_zpsaff7be50.jpg

Here's a couple of guys who own their own Wookie costumes:

51814112_zpsf9d49442.jpg

You can see that these guys have stilts built in to their costumes:

51814113_zps0425ccbb.jpg

I wonder how bad those things stink after a couple of parades?

Here's a homemade Ackbar and some Rebel scum pilots:

51814114_zpsa0d79ded.jpg

These guys should also be thankful they get to fly in zero gravity:

51814115_zpsf3aae70e.jpg

Those are the last of the amateur costumes.

Now, there are more Disney ones.

When you're there, the increase in quality is noticeable.   Here are some Disney ewoks:

51814116_zpsd98e4b0e.jpg

And the official Disney Chewbacca:

51814118_zps9f41dafb.jpg

These ewoks are short:

51814119_zpsa57e64cb.jpg

51814120_zpsf126e511.jpg

Chewie had to go and check-out the guests with the stuffed wookies:

51814121_zps5facd774.jpg

Still to come are this week's Star Wars celebrities riding in Camaro convertibles.

You don't want to miss that!

TCD

The guys with the funky big helmets reminded me of a movie I haven't thought about in a long time.... Spaceballs. 

That was my thought as well.

I wonder if they only use people from the FL 501st or if it is open to any who want to come, or if they invite different areas to different parades.

I wonder if they could march at Hollywood Studios?

TCD

I asked her and she said that they could. In fact her husband did in 2003. He said it was hot, humid and miserable and has no desire to do it again. She would like to march at least once.

The one thing she said is you can not be a face character and march. So she could march in her Stormtrooper costume, but not her Princess Leia.

Oh and her and her husband actually made/built their costumes.

Excellent pics.

You definitely got a lot done so far that day.

Interesting about how the spy is picked. Looking forward to seeing if you figured that out later.

I haven't even been "that guy" yet.

I have been a guard numerous times though.

While on the topic of star wars, maybe they could make The Stitch ride turn into an escape pod ride, where they blast the whole ride into space? That would be sweet. I guess they could only do it once. But then they could use the cleared area to put in a new eatery that sells MSB cinnamon rolls.

The guys with the funky big helmets reminded me of a movie I haven't thought about in a long time.... Spaceballs. 

I have not seen that movie, but someone posted a photo of a very similar looking helmet in my Star Wars Weekend TR from last year.  That one guy's helmet is almost as big.

The thing is- I don't remember anyone with helmets like this in the movies.  Were there helmets like this?

That was my thought as well.

I wonder if they only use people from the FL 501st or if it is open to any who want to come, or if they invite different areas to different parades.

I guess we learned from Yvonne that out-of-state folks can march too.  I wonder how many travel to participate?  I would think if you are into this kind of thing, it would be a fun place to march.

I asked her and she said that they could. In fact her husband did in 2003. He said it was hot, humid and miserable and has no desire to do it again. She would like to march at least once.

The one thing she said is you can not be a face character and march. So she could march in her Stormtrooper costume, but not her Princess Leia.

Oh and her and her husband actually made/built their costumes.

I think a lot of them make their own costumes.  I can't imagine how much some of them spend.

That's interesting what they told you about face characters.  The old man who played the emperor is a face character, isn't he?  There was also a young man who was supposed to be Anakin (I think).

Excellent pics.

You definitely got a lot done so far that day.

Interesting about how the spy is picked. Looking forward to seeing if you figured that out later.

I haven't even been "that guy" yet.

I have been a guard numerous times though.

While on the topic of star wars, maybe they could make The Stitch ride turn into an escape pod ride, where they blast the whole ride into space? That would be sweet. I guess they could only do it once. But then they could use the cleared area to put in a new eatery that sells MSB cinnamon rolls.

You are too young to be that guy.  You need to wait another 20 years.  Sorry.

Your idea about Stitch is perfect.  When Twin #2 is running WDW, she can make it happen.

TCD

Wow!! I hop on FF today and see I have some major reading to do!!! YIPPEE!!! I have not one, but TWO TCD trip reports to win!! YAHOO!!! This is perfect timing, because sadly my youngest son who is due to graduate high school in 2 1/2 weeks, blew out his knee last week. It was/is a gruesome injury. He goes in tomorrow for a three hour surgery in an attempt to fix the damage. Now, I know what I will be doing to pass the time, read all about your latest adventures!!!

I read a little bit of this one and saw that both twins have great internships this summer!! Congrats to them both! Very exciting! My oldest son is a civil engineering major and has an internship with an engineering firm this summer. He spent last week on a lake measuring water temperatures for a dam project. The pay is amazing. He thinks its a pretty sweet gig. I won't tell him that you have one twin in France and another working at Disney..........kinda makes a dam project not so exciting!!! lol!!

As always thanks for your efforts to write up your trip reports!! I am looking forward to some great reading tomorrow!

Heidi

The thing is- I don't remember anyone with helmets like this in the movies. Were there helmets like this?

Episode IV, they were the firing command on the Death Star. And, the widely varied ensemblé of storm troopers as speeder bike troopers are from the quick vignettes at the end of episode III, when the empire turned on the Jedi.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Episode IV, they were the firing command on the Death Star. And, the widely varied ensemblé of storm troopers as speeder bike troopers are from the quick vignettes at the end of episode III, when the empire turned on the Jedi. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You're scaring me.

This is perfect timing, because sadly my youngest son who is due to graduate high school in 2 1/2 weeks, blew out his knee last week. It was/is a gruesome injury. He goes in tomorrow for a three hour surgery in an attempt to fix the damage. 

Sorry to hear about his injury!  Will be praying for a successful surgery and a quick recovery.  Please keep us posted.

Wow!! I hop on FF today and see I have some major reading to do!!! YIPPEE!!! I have not one, but TWO TCD trip reports to win!! YAHOO!!! This is perfect timing, because sadly my youngest son who is due to graduate high school in 2 1/2 weeks, blew out his knee last week. It was/is a gruesome injury. He goes in tomorrow for a three hour surgery in an attempt to fix the damage. Now, I know what I will be doing to pass the time, read all about your latest adventures!!!

I read a little bit of this one and saw that both twins have great internships this summer!! Congrats to them both! Very exciting! My oldest son is a civil engineering major and has an internship with an engineering firm this summer. He spent last week on a lake measuring water temperatures for a dam project. The pay is amazing. He thinks its a pretty sweet gig. I won't tell him that you have one twin in France and another working at Disney..........kinda makes a dam project not so exciting!!! lol!!

As always thanks for your efforts to write up your trip reports!! I am looking forward to some great reading tomorrow!

Heidi

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that!  I hope that they are able to get him fixed up and back on his feet in time to graduate.

And a dam project doesn't sound boring to me.  I'd want to do it just so I could tell people I'm working on a dam project.

The guys with the big helmets are the technicians who fire the death star. I will fill in more when I get home from work.

Thank you.

I have more nerds people in costumes to identify in the next update, so please stick around.

I bet the insane asylums are empty during SW weekends. 

So true.

Most of what you see is fun, but there are a few scary folks who are always in attendance as well.

I don't think this era is tiptoeing, more like rushing.

It might seem like it's rushing, but it really is tiptoeing.

It's hard to believe, but Twin #2 has only been officially checked in for just over a week.  She's still in training. 

The fun is going to begin when Twin #1 gets back in town.

Episode IV, they were the firing command on the Death Star. And, the widely varied ensemblé of storm troopers as speeder bike troopers are from the quick vignettes at the end of episode III, when the empire turned on the Jedi. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I must have been asleep during the quick vignettes at the end of Episode III, but now I know where to look, so thanks.

And speeder bikes, not flying motorcycles.  Got it.

You're scaring me.

You're not fooling anyone Mr. life-size operational R2D2 owner.

And, the dirty Troopers are from Tatooine... They've been a bit sandblasted, and banthas are oily, smelly beasts, so keeping the white plate clean is nearly impossible. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That makes sense.  Thanks!

Oh Lou! I'm so sorry. I just meant to scare you, I certainly didn't mean to scar you! ;-) Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow, Santa is dishing out the snark.

Who knew?

Sorry to hear about his injury!  Will be praying for a successful surgery and a quick recovery.  Please keep us posted.

Ditto.

Well you did.

Hey, this has to be some kind of record-how many times has Lou posted on this trip report?

It's remarkable, considering that he doesn't read them.

TCD

You're not fooling anyone Mr. life-size operational R2D2 owner.

It is voice controlled and large, as toys go, but it's no where near life size.

Hey, this has to be some kind of record-how many times has Lou posted on this trip report?

It's remarkable, considering that he doesn't read them.

I don't consider it a trip report in the true sense of the meaning. It's not endless pics and yada, yada, yada, about camping, campers, the Fort, the usual WDW attractions, etc. Seen them all, heard it all. It's more like a special events report, like the SW weekend, and twin #2 entering the DCP. That's interesting.

It is voice controlled and large, as toys go, but it's no where near life size.

Oh, I see.  I guess since it's not life sized, then you can make fun of the Star Wars geeks.

I don't consider it a trip report in the true sense of the meaning. It's not endless pics and yada, yada, yada, about camping, campers, the Fort, the usual WDW attractions, etc. Seen them all, heard it all. It's more like a special events report, like the SW weekend, and twin #2 entering the DCP. That's interesting.

That's a good point.  This report does center around several special events.

But, there will be some Fort photos- that's where I ran into Happycamper/Deb and her husband.

TCD

Lou my TR was centered around a couple special events where we met a regal woman named Gail.

she brought her pool-boy....i mean husband along too. You should have read it.

Plus there was a Jose sighting.

And a TCD sighting.

And........

You wouldn't know interesting if it was voice activated and could speak to C-3PO....

Lou my TR was centered around a couple special events where we met a regal woman named Gail.

she brought her pool-boy....i mean husband along too. You should have read it.

Plus there was a Jose sighting.

And a TCD sighting.

And........

You wouldn't know interesting if it was voice activated and could speak to C-3PO....

To heck with the pool boy, didn't you get to meet Buddy and the other one too?

TCD

Yes.

I saw Buddy again and met Yawkey.

Yawkey.  I couldn't remember his name, and still haven't met him.

Soon, I hope.

I do read TRs whenever I'm in the dentist waiting room. I read them so that I can get acclimated to pain and suffering.

I'll bring yours next time.

So snarky.

I don't believe it, though, I know you would enjoy Aaron's report since it's full of those kids of his.  I know you like them.

And I heard they really liked Gail.

And the dogs.

TCD