A Shining New Era is Tiptoeing Nearer for the TCD Gang

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's a photo that makes me smile.   The backstory on this is that one of Twin #2's roommates ended up being a "friend of" Stitch.  She told Twin #2 to come visit her in Tomorrowland one day, and the

Leia is definitely following you. At least it is the 1983 version following you and not the 2014 version.

I'm in...  page 5 ?    I need to stop working and spend more time here...   Thanks for the princess photos. 

Just like shopping at Walmart!

Exactly, but not quite as scary.

We dress as pirates. Most of the costume pieces I have made and DH really gets into character.

Pirates.  Pirate costumes are perfect.  They are also useful for Pirate Night on Disney Cruises. 

You need to post a photo!  Especially of your DH.

Love the Halloween shots! We posted at the same time last time. I will not be trying the craB, but I'm proud of you for taking one for the team.

OK, you don't have to try the CraB', but that means you have to have the Chick'n.

"Thank you. I didn't know if anyone caught that clever Pirates of the Caribbean reference. Glad to know that someone did."

The "We wants the red head" scene is my favorite on that ride.

Same.

And here's a funny story- Twin #1 used to have the Redhead action figure that they sold at the parks.  That Redhead really used to cause some problem in Barbie's TownhouseTM.

They actually had a re-release of Ghostbusters on the 30th anniversary.

Somehow, I didn't hear about that.  I might have considered taking the kids.

I always enjoy your halloween costume photos  :) Looking  forward  more..

That Terra place is my kind of place...yup vegetarian here. I picked up a bag of gardein chicken strips tonight at the grocery store tonight, so thank you for that. I'm always looking for different kinds of vegetarian  food. 

Bring on the next batch of costumes... :popcorn:

Really?

How was the chick'n?

I think I'm going to try it the next time I get to Epcot.

Yes, people paid full price to see an old movie in the theater. Brilliant! 

I wonder if they made enough to cover the costs of the re-release?  I don't remember hearing about it.

DD13 wanted to go. I told her no.

Of course I did go to the re-releases of Star Wars and Grease in the theaters and paid full price.

You get todays' Mean Mom award.

TCD

Here we go.

I have more.

I appreciate those who are still reading and commenting.

To thank you for your dedication, I am going to share a big secret that Twin #1 showed me in the MK.  Actually, in terms of size, it's a very small secret.  Make sense?  It will.  Keep reading.

First, we have to finish with our people watching.

Here comes Wonder Woman #4:

92814168_zpsfc4ea40f.jpg

There was a group walking by quickly here that I tried to get a photo of- there are three women dressed in brown t-shirts that you can see making their way through the crowd:

92814169_zps3539ecd3.jpg

You can see them better here:

92814170_zpsc794d876.jpg

Take a closer look.  Three women in brown t-shirts with bear ears:

bears_zps7d89e142.jpg

Those must be the three bears.  Of Goldilocks fame.  Right?

Twin #1 said no.  There was no Mama or Papa or Baby. They were all the same.  She guessed maybe they were supposed to be from the movie Brother Bear.  But were there three bears in that movie?

I don't remember, and neither did she.  But we did remember that there were a couple of moose.  And, these women were all bears.

So, we don't know what those three women were trying to do.

Here comes another Woody.  Woody seems to be the go-to costume for dads.  Also, there's another Stitch walking on the sidewalk there behind Woody:

92814171_zpseb1e647d.jpg

There goes a pirate.  And we can see Lilo and Stitch there in the background:

92814172_zpsb197d797.jpg

Let's look at the at Lilo and Stitch.  This Stitch has no bra on his head.  That's good.  I approve. But the Lilo is carrying a giant doll.  Twin #1 said Lilo had a doll like that in the movie, but not as big.  I say that lady is going to get tired of carrying that thing around all night.  Bad plan:

lilo_zpsa496ced5.jpg

And now we have Wonder Woman #5:

92814173_zpsfb7fcbab.jpg

Do you see her?

She's pushing Batman there in the stroller. She's next to the giant female Robin.

That family is messed up.

Now, let's pause here for a minute because there is something else that I have obviously missed.  When did Wonder Woman become a thing?  Do you know how much time elapsed from the time I snapped the photo of Wonder Woman #1 until Wonder Woman #5 passed by?  15 minutes. That's right.  Just 15 minutes, and 5 Wonder Women walked in.  And there might have been one or two more that came in from the other direction.  At that rate, there would be 20 Wonder Women per hour.  Probably more.  I don't even want to continue with the math.  It starts to get scary.  I don't understand this at all.  Why do all the girls want to be Wonder Woman?  When was the last time there was a Wonder Woman movie?  Ever?  As a young man who came of age in the late '70's, I understand the allure of this mysterious Amazon woman.  Linda Carter did a good job in the Wonder Woman suit.  But, that was a long, long time ago.  Why are there so many Wonder Women now?  I don't know.  But I'd like to.

If you are hoping that there's going to be a 6th Wonder Woman, you will be disappointed the hear that there isn't.  I'm confident that if I had stayed a bit longer, I'd have some more, but we had things to do before we were going to get kicked out at 7, so we needed to go and do them. 

We agreed to stay just a few more minutes, which let us see this pretty good Pirate Fairy:

92814174_zps98fa76a5.jpg

And, then there was this guy in the tie.  Note that there's a dad Gaston and mom Belle over there to the right:

92814175_zps9bb316b5.jpg

OK, I get the dad Gaston and mom Belle, but what's with the guy in the tie?:

92814176_zpsaa0c6df7.jpg

Let's take a closer look:

paperairplane_zps034be0ed.jpg

Do you see how he has a paper airplane stuck to his shirt?

This couple is dressed as the couple from the 2012 Pixar short The Paperman.  Which won an Oscar.  So those two are actually quite clever.

And points to the lady for not dressing as Wonder Woman.

I know not everyone can come up with a clever costume.  Some people just wear matching t-shirts, like this group:

92814177_zpsa68ffda4.jpg

Nothing wrong with that. At least they all didn't dress as Wonder Woman.

There's a random White Rabbit.  I think he's late for an important date:

92814178_zps5f53bd0c.jpg

And so were we.

We had a date to ride the Mine Train.

So, we headed up Main Street.

Where we found Waldo several times over:

92814179_zps62a81ad5.jpg

Hmmm.  Those clouds don't look good.  We walked faster to the ride. We didn't want to get shut out by the weather.

Luckily, we got to ride.  Maybe those clouds would blow by.

Next, we headed to Adventureland.

I guess this blue guy is from Avatar.  And the lady with him is a scientist or something?  I don't like seeing blue aliens in a Disney Park.  But, I guess I need to get over that:

92814180_zpsbc0ad547.jpg

As we crossed over the Hub, we noticed a small crowd gathered for the castle show.  That 2 of Spades lady must have bought her costume at a store that didn't have one of those mirrors where you can see how you look from behind:

92814181_zpsc5120f50.jpg

As we continued on, we ran into a group of princesses who stopped to let some sorority girls take their photo:

92814182_zps210d44d0.jpg

92814183_zps4e0c329d.jpg

It was here that Twin #1 pointed out the very small but very big secret:

92814184_zps1635b01b.jpg

It's embedded in the pavement near the Magic Carpet ride.

Here:

928141841_zpsf2f71a43.jpg

Let's get closer.  The item we are looking for is right in the center of this photo:

92814185_zpsc7d8b46b.jpg

What is that, you ask?

It's this:

92814186_zps7fbf5d16.jpg

That, ladies and gentlemen is the smallest Hidden Mickey in WDW.

And, now you know where it is.

At least I hope it's a Hidden Mickey.

And not a Hidden Ebola virus:

Ebola_zps0be4e028.jpg

Kind of disturbing if you ask me.

So, as I stood there marveling at this revelation, I felt a drop of water.

Dang Camel Spit!

But then I felt another.

And a bunch more.

That wasn't Camel Spit.

It was rain.

And it came on fast and furious.

We ran over to get under cover by the place that sells the Citrus Swirls.  And the rain fell:

92814187_zps2883d718.jpg

Guests ran for cover, and a group was stuck on the Magic Carpets:

92814188_zps604443a1.jpg

92814189_zps4a25bc9a.jpg

We had FP's for the Haunted Mansion, so when the rain let up a bit, we put on our ponchos and went.

When we got out of the Haunted Mansion, the rain had just about stopped, and the sun was trying to come out.

Perfect.

Hey here's some more news!

Guess who's back in the Pet Cemetery?:

92814192_zps5ddc5d8c.jpg

Mr. Toad!  He's back there in the top left corner:

92814194_zps2bf919ed.jpg

After Haunted Mansion, we made a new plan.  We knew we needed to get out of the park by 7. So, we decided to head back to Main Street for some more people watching.

On the way there, just past the Sleepy Hollow restaurant, there was a bit of a crowd gathered around the base of the bridge that leads out of Liberty Square and in to the Hub.  What was this all about?

It didn't have anything to do with this lady in the butterfly costume:

92814195_zps31334dce.jpg

We thought perhaps there was a character around doing a meet and greet and that guests were swarming for that reason.  But, that wasn't it.  Then, we noticed that everyone was looking up toward the castle.  So we looked too.  Then we knew why they were all gathered here.  We saw one of the coolest things we've ever seen at Disney World.  And, I got a photo of it.  Which I will share in the next update, because we are at the photo limit for this one.

TCD

Could the 3 bears be the brothers from Brave? 

I will look for that hidden Mickey. 

Good cliff hanger. 

That's a good guess.  Except those bears are black, aren't they?  It's also possible that these girls aren't even bears.  Maybe they're brown dogs or brown cats.  Who knows?

:jumpforjoy  :jumpforjoy  :jumpforjoy  :jumpforjoy

I am glad you're happy that Mr. Toad is back.  He looks good too.  I think they painted him.

I saw your DD when we went to the party last month at the Tiki room. I said hi but she probably thought we were very strange older people. DH is very loud and greeted every CM several times. He loves going to the parties. Especially the candy!

She told me!  Even said it was Red.  Good job finding her, because I thought she was working somewhere in Liberty Square that night.  I didn't know they set up a candy station right in the Tiki Room, but they did.  That's where she was, and that's where you found her.

TCD

Man I love your people watching pics. It's a favorite past of mine when I'm there. I like your pics better though, because I can scan what's happening in the background. It's alwas fun to see people's facial expressions, and where they are staring when they don't think anybody will know.

Nice work Chap!

Thank you for the tip on the tiny hidden Mickey. Will have to remember that.

And glad that Mr Toad has returned.

Finally, I'm not sure who those three bear ladies are, but it may be notable that they are organized in order of size.

I hope that you are able to impress your family by showing them that Hidden Mickey.

And Mr. Toad.

I am afraid those three bears will remain a mystery.  Maybe I need to adopt a new technique and stop the guests whose costumes I don't understand.

Loved the Paperman costumes. Points for that. One of my favorite shorts.

The creativity of MNSSHP guests never ceases to amaze me.  Those were not difficult costumes to put together, but they're very original.

Glad to see Mr. Toad! What's next, the return of the covered wagon at the Fort?

Now, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

Like the idiots in charge of the Fort are going to spring for a couple of yards of fabric and pay someone for a couple of hours time to sew a new cover.

Early in your people watching you got a photo of a fellow in a bow tie.  Could he be Ducky, the doctor from NCIS, a younger version.

I would have remembered if Twin #1 said anything about a person named Ducky.  That wasn't it.

We just learned Tuesday night that Ducky favored black turtlenecks when he was younger :)

Do tell.

Found it.  But maybe not as the woman should be dressed as Abby.  Must be a Disney professor or something.

92814160_zpse91d6c13.jpg

The kid does look like a professor, but he's supposed to be somebody from a Disney movie.  I just can't remember which one.

Man I love your people watching pics. It's a favorite past of mine when I'm there. I like your pics better though, because I can scan what's happening in the background. It's alwas fun to see people's facial expressions, and where they are staring when they don't think anybody will know.

Nice work Chap!

I do the same thing.  And, I have just a few more guest in costume photos to share from our way out of the MK that night.  So stay tuned for those.

I'm going to guess you saw a rainbow. Or TinkerBill threatening to jump.

Those are good guesses.

Check back in a few to see if you were right.

I am not going to leave anyone hanging over night.

TCD

OK.

I told you that we saw one of the coolest things we've ever seen at WDW there as we headed toward the Hub.

It was this:

92814196_zps04cfb59a.jpg

A rainbow!

Big deal, you say?

Well to me it was a big deal.

Have you ever seen a rainbow arcing over Cinderella Castle?

Neither had I.

And, if you look very closely, you can see that this was actually a double rainbow (look for the curve above the rainbow) :

92814197_zpsbe39de2c.jpg

92814198_zps26003331.jpg

Here's a close-up:

92814199_zps08d9c538.jpg

And a final view:

92814200_zps1b80704b.jpg

I like rainbows.

They make me think.

Why are there rainbows?

What do they mean?

I"ll tell you what I thought about as I was standing there admiring this one.

A song.

It came as a surprise to some Fiends that I like to listen to Country music.

Well, that's not all I listen to.

i also listen to a Contemporary Christian music station when I'm in my car.

I just feel better when I listen to that music than to what is considered to be popular these days.

And there's a song I used to hear a lot on the radio station I listen to when I stood there looking at that rainbow.

It's this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWbc4XJ3L1s

It's three minutes long.

Listen to it.

I mean, really listen to it.

And as it plays, read the lyrics.

I think you'll have a more positive outlook on life after you listen to the message in that song.

Now, let's move on.

But, remember to count your rainbows.

TCD

i also listen to a Contemporary Christian music station when I'm in my car.

I just feel better when I listen to that music than to what is considered to be popular these days.

That's all we listen to.  And while most people know that Nashville is the center of the country music industry....many people probably don't know that the Contemporary Christian music industry is primarily centered here as well....including 1 Girl Nation.  INC and I just went to see For King and Country as they kicked off their new tour at a local church a couple of weeks ago.  Their sister....Rebeca St James, used to be our neighbor.  Small world!  And as a Disney connection via the Candlelight Processional.....I see Steven Curtis Chapman at Publix quite a bit.  :) 

Anyways...loved the video.  Thanks for sharing.   

Hey,

I am still reading along and I enjoyed all the Halloween costume pics.  I wish we could come visit during this time of the year but my biggest kid can't miss school.  He struggles enough when he's actually there.  We have a fall break but it's only 2 days long so that wouldn't work.  We will be there for Star Wars weekend, though.  Based on your reports it looks like there can been good people watching then, too. I just have to get brave and actually go to Hollywood Studios on the weekend.  It's so crowded! 

Beautiful rainbow. :)