THE TRIP DL via PC 7126 miles total

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did I leave the curtain open? :rotfl6:

The big day finally arrives and the question is:    Here is our anticipated schedule.   Arriving Gatun Locks                                  approx  7:30 am Departing Gatun Locks                    

Let me guess.....they quit??     :rofl2:

I'm really enjoying all the ship photos and the cultural and historical information. I like WDW trip reports too but it's wonderful to see a part of the world I've never seen (which sadly includes most of the world outside the US).

I especially liked this:

Since this was probably only going to be a once in a lifetime trip (even though she is already talking about doing it again only West to East)

I've never understood calling something a once in a lifetime experience because you never know and if I enjoyed it I'd be immediately thinking of a way to do it again by redefining it (west to east, it's a totally different experience).

The motorcycles in Cartagena are really taxi services.  There are literally thousands of them. We only saw 1 streetlight the entire time we drove around the city, and only 1 accident. Compared to Orlando where there is a streetlight every  50 feet and multiple accidents everyday.  If you do go use Claudia as a guide, she was fabulous.

Here are some pics of our stop there in April of this year on the Coral Princess.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/curbcrusher/sets/72157644119425028/

Dave- Good move on the private car tour. That looks like it was the way to go.

Columbia has never been on my radar as a place that I have any interest to visit. After looking at your photos, I'm still not interested. It looks like San Juan, PR.

TCD

The castle does kinda remind me of San Juan.

Maybe that's why I like it.

Dave-  Good move on the private car tour.  That looks like it was the way to go.

Columbia has never been on my radar as a place that I have any interest to visit.  After looking at your photos, I'm still not interested.  It looks like San Juan, PR.

TCD

Columbia is the capital of South Carolina. You may also have no desire to go there, although when I lived there I enjoyed it.  But you cannot reach it by cruise ship.  Dave's photos are of Colombia. We are learning a lot about geography in this TR so I thought I'd point out the difference in spelling.

Columbia is the capital of South Carolina. You may also have no desire to go there, although when I lived there I enjoyed it.  But you cannot reach it by cruise ship.  Dave's photos are of Colombia. We are learning a lot about geography in this TR so I thought I'd point out the difference in spelling.

:rofl3:

Dave-  Good move on the private car tour.  That looks like it was the way to go.

Columbia has never been on my radar as a place that I have any interest to visit.  After looking at your photos, I'm still not interested.  It looks like San Juan, PR.

TCD

The car was definitely the way for us, we decided on doing that again in Cabo San Lucas at the last minute.

As to what's there, our tour probably would have been more exciting if Linda had better mobility. There were things, inside history tours and and a shopping area in some dungeons and vaults, that we avoided because of that. We also did not go to the Naval Museum.

What?

They spelled the name of their country wrong?

Now, I'm definitely not going.

Now, Brasil, there's a place I would go, despite their inability to spell.

TCD

The car was definitely the way for us, we decided on doing that again in Cabo San Lucas at the last minute.

As to what's there, our tour probably would have been more exciting if Linda had better mobility. There were things, inside history tours and and a shopping area in some dungeons and vaults, that we avoided because of that. We also did not go to the Naval Museum.

I was at the VA the other day and a vet had the smallest scooter I've ever seen. And he was not a small man.

He said he bought it because it fits into the trunk of his little car. He sat in a chair and in about a minute he had the seat, handle bars, and battery pack off. I picked it up and it was probably 20 lbs.

it would probably fit in a suitcase.

He said he bought another battery pack but hasn't used it because it'll go 5-6 miles on a charge.

Just thought id mention it.

I was at the VA the other day and a vet had the smallest scooter I've ever seen.

Having handled 500 or 600 scooters of all sizes, I have found those tiny scooters to be unsafe for some people.

I love the size, they're so easy to load and move around on the bus, but for the user, it can be dangerous.

A low curb, medium bump, or uneven surface, and depending on the size of the user, can cause it too tip over.

I have witnessed first hand more than once, no, never on the bus, the tiny scooters tipping over.

It's not a pretty site considering who's usually on it.

The foot print is small and with a person on it, the CG is high, that's not a good combination. For flat services, it's fine.

This scooter didn't look small. To clarify the base weighed about 20 lbs and so did the battery pack. The seat and pole were probably 10 lbs and so was the steering wheel. So it probably weighed 60 lbs plus when assembled. It had bigger wheels the. The tiny ones I've seen before.

He probably weighed 275 lbs-300 lbs

It looked pretty stable but he was driving it inside the hospital. No curbs to go over.

I only rented a scooter once for my mom at DL so I don't have much experience with them. I'll see if I can find it on the inter webz. It probably is like the ones y'all are talking about.

Nice update.  Looks like McD's is trying to sell off those expensive wings in Colombia as well.

Can't wait to kick the kids out for the kids to go off to college and maybe I can relish in one of these trips.  

Alaska cruise is on my list like so many other Fiends.  

Can't wait for the Canal.

I was at the VA the other day and a vet had the smallest scooter I've ever seen. And he was not a small man.

He said he bought it because it fits into the trunk of his little car. He sat in a chair and in about a minute he had the seat, handle bars, and battery pack off. I picked it up and it was probably 20 lbs.

it would probably fit in a suitcase.

He said he bought another battery pack but hasn't used it because it'll go 5-6 miles on a charge.

Just thought id mention it.

Problem is on most of the tours, unless specified, ecv's of any type are prohibited. This is something that DISNEY does not control since the tours are all contracted.

Okay... I'm a little late to the game but goodness, looks like you two had a wonderful time!  That session with the Captain...SUPER interesting stuff!  The window being cleaned?  Yeah, that freaked me out because, at first, I thought you had some really rough seas.  Made me stop breathing, just looking at the picture.  Was very glad to read that it was just Disney, being Disney :)   Oh...and your deck?  Goodness, that was really large :)  Very nice.

Loving the pictures.

So glad you got the chance to go :)