I can attest to the fact that the only thing that works on the CS in the 900 loop is the Magic Band.  I went over there with my KTTW card and it would not work so I went back to get my band.  So far we have had no problem with the MB except Ken's trouble at the gate.  He will try again tomorrow when he and Shawnee make another Wal Mart tun.  :banana:

As the sign says though, I think you need a card for the gate still.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I know a bunch of you Fiends are milling around the Fort with nothing better to do so... after you find out the answer to Marty's lemonade question, can somebody confirm if the magic bands are fina

1500 is effective the 23rd as well. Both automated gates switched over as of yesterday. The was a surprise, they have had notices up regarding the comfort stations, but nothing about the gates.

I am still mystified as to why they are installing the fancy light-up Mickey head scanners on the Fort Comfort Stations.   I did a little research this past weekend.   The Contemporary uses the simple

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday (1/2) they posted signs on the comfort station doors (in the 200 loop), stating that as of January 5th, ONLY Magic bands will work at the comfort stations, but the card is still required to get your vehicle through the gate at the Outpost.  The sign instructed people to go to concierge and obtain a magic band if they did not have one.

Yesterday (1/2) they posted signs on the comfort station doors (in the 200 loop), stating that as of January 5th, ONLY Magic bands will work at the comfort stations, but the card is still required to get your vehicle through the gate at the Outpost.  The sign instructed people to go to concierge and obtain a magic band if they did not have one.

Thanks for the update!

Since CS access will be by your personal MB instead of a generic KTTW card, will you be limited to the CS in your own loop only (if & when all CS access is by MB) or will your MB open all the CS doors?  Also, what about the laundry rooms?

When we were at the Fort in October, I was able to open the returning guest gate with my MB the first time I tried. One touch, the gate opened. The second time I tried, it took several touches to open the gate. The third time the gate wouldn't budge. I had to use a KTTW card after that. Go figure.

Since CS access will be by your personal MB instead of a generic KTTW card, will you be limited to the CS in your own loop only (if & when all CS access is by MB) or will your MB open all the CS doors?  Also, what about the laundry rooms?

Since it's been such a hassle to get it working at all on the CS, I doubt they'll be making it restricted to just your loop.  Plus I can't imagine a reason to restrict it like that.

I'm assuming when they "comfort station" they mean restrooms and laundry, but maybe someone can confirm that ALL locks are being converted over?

Guess what has been put in hold for several more weeks? Yep no MB for the CS. Who would have thunk something like that would have happened? :rofl2:

Shocking!!!

We didn't even try our MB at the CS this trip. We were given two cards and used them with no trouble at the CS and the FW gates, but they didn't scan at the AK Lodge gates when we went for dinner. The CM there was very rude about them being blank and we had forgotten our MBs. No problem using the cards at the Poly gate. Consistency would be nice, though. It's a pain to have to carry both.

No, just that that the guard was able to read the cards with her scanner and let us in for our O'hana reservation without any problems. We didn't wear our MBs because we didn't have park passes this trip and didn't think about needing them. They worked on the FW gate, though. :)

No, just that that the guard was able to read the cards with her scanner and let us in for our O'hana reservation without any problems. We didn't wear our MBs because we didn't have park passes this trip and didn't think about needing them. They worked on the FW gate, though. :)

OK, thanks.  I didn't know that the blank cards could be scanned at other resorts. I always have my MB with me for that. 

TCD

• 3 weeks later...

Well I guess we're getting there. Just came back from the store and the back gate has MB readers and of course the card did not work. Never got a note saying it was being changed so we had to buzz the guard to get in. Also there is a note on the 100/200 CS saying starting on the 27th that access for 100/200 and 300 will be by MB only. We shall see.

Well I guess we're getting there. Just came back from the store and the back gate has MB readers and of course the card did not work. Never got a note saying it was being changed so we had to buzz the guard to get in. Also there is a note on the 100/200 CS saying starting on the 27th that access for 100/200 and 300 will be by MB only. We shall see.

Back gate? Are you talking about the entrance the buses use just past the overflow? I thought the only gate we could come in and out through is the main one with the guard shack. Are guests allowed to use another entrance?